Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha, see ya Drew! :byewhore:

You shouldn't have thought of yourself as a mastermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

ahahahaha, holy poo poo. easily one of the dumbest players ever

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

TMMadman posted:

Middle names don't count unless you are an assassin.

Sandra is as much of an assassin as you can be in Survivor!

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

See ya, you Chad Kroeger looking motherfucker.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
That has to be a contender for the dumbest move in Survivor history.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Drew's fears have been confirmed, Kelly will go on to mastermind this game and win it all.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
I like these chaotic pre-merge episodes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Okay but Kellychat. The only Kelly I really remember was Kelly Goldsmith from Africa, since she was bitter as gently caress but actually had good reason to be. One of the many casualties of Lex's Tummy.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Kelly needs to hide more. She's hosed if she stays the visible 'mastermind'. If she finds her Juan Robert she'll win the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, who the hell voted for Keith if it wasn't Jeremy?

edit - it was Jon???

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
Haha what? It was Jon that voted for Keith

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
^^^ Yeah, that surprised me, too!

Someone needs to introduce Drew to the concept of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Next episode even more chaos. This is gonna be a great season by the merge.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That was a WEIRD vote distribution.

Drew: Kelly, Natalie, Jeremy, Julie, Reed
Julie: Misty, Keith
Keith: Jon
Kelly: Drew

e: reed voted drew

Poque fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 16, 2014

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Looks like Drew's spirit entered Jon as his torch was snuffed.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Poque posted:

Drew: Kelly, Natalie, Jeremy, Julie, Drew
That's some season 1 voting.

You've got drewdawg voting himself which is sort of fitting and may have been done on purpose.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Lampsacus posted:

That's some season 1 voting.

You've got drewdawg voting himself which is sort of fitting and may have been done on purpose.

Heh, yeah, it was Reed, fixed it above.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
hm wiki says I have Reed/Misty backwards but I swear I saw a woman vote for Julie. I might be nuts. either way the distribution is very odd.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I just feel like so much progress in survivor tactics has been figured out over the length of the show. And then a vote like that happens and whelp guess we're all newbies again.

Still, looks like we've got some sweet as players today. Kelly, Jeremy,

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

If changing was that easy.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Nexal posted:

If changing was that easy.

NO

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Survivor season 50 onwards will always feature Russel coming 2nd or 3rd forever

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Lampsacus posted:

Survivor season 50 onwards will always feature Russel being voted out 2nd or 3rd forever

fixed~

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

When Natalie was imitating Keith I thought - welp, there she goes again, defining people by their most easily identifiable stereotype and mocking them in front of them

and then I realized I was thinking of her sister…….

christ

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

I almost jumped out of my skin when I noticed the giant bug on Keith's shoulder during tribal council, right before it buzzed off his shoulder at the camera. :cry:

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
drew got toppled for the exact reason stated on the show: the men had no direction. even if jeremy didn't vote drew, he's voting keith.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jeremy is so interesting because all the words come out right when he talks but he's giving all the signs of a massive overplay on the horizon.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

sportsgenius86 posted:

Jeremy is so interesting because all the words come out right when he talks but he's giving all the signs of a massive overplay on the horizon.

so, basically, he and Josh are the same player.

I had a hard time coming up with a list of Survivor players dumber than Drew, so how about Things On Survivor Smarter Than Drew:

sea cucumber
a coconut
Lisi
barfing eel
whoever it was on RI who couldn't figure out how to start a fire when they were holding a burning lamp

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

paperchaseguy posted:

so, basically, he and Josh are the same player.

I had a hard time coming up with a list of Survivor players dumber than Drew, so how about Things On Survivor Smarter Than Drew:

sea cucumber
a coconut
Lisi
barfing eel
whoever it was on RI who couldn't figure out how to start a fire when they were holding a burning lamp

Josh is just thinking a bit too hard. Jeremy has a serious inability to know when to shut the gently caress up and takes everything personally.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Poque posted:

Okay but Kellychat. The only Kelly I really remember was Kelly Goldsmith from Africa, since she was bitter as gently caress but actually had good reason to be. One of the many casualties of Lex's Tummy.

Kelly from season 1! The one who came in second. I know there have been at least 2 others but damned if I know.

That was a fun episode. Drew is so stupid.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
drat, what a crazy episode, so much chaos in that tribe it woulda made Kass proud.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Expanding further on Kelly chat, there have been a lot. Nicaragua x2, Samoa, Gabon, Borneo, Africa, and San Juan Del Sur have all had a Kelly. Possibly more but I'm being lazy.

After tonight's episode, I'm rooting for Kelley.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

paperchaseguy posted:

I had a hard time coming up with a list of Survivor players dumber than Drew
Drew's brother is still there and based on his confessionals tonight it's obvious he and Drew were cut from the same cloth.
Don't underestimate the stupidity in this kid, I think he has enough up 'n dumber potential to surprise you!

I don't see Jeremy as playing some great game so far. He runs his mouth a lot when he's emotional which tends to be all of the time but he's playing a floaters game at the moment and is just biding time while bigger dummy fish implode around him. That tactic won't work forever.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Rewatching China, my first love.

I forgot how much game the not-Todd players had. Nobody played as deep as Todd but there was a lot of hustle.

But I think Todd had won the game episode one when he said "Hey Mike, you should be our leader because you're smart and capable."

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
Holy gently caress that vote lol.

Jeremy doesn't vote for keith but then jon does? How the gently caress does that even happen? I laughed so hard when jon was like wow great work to the girls when they didn't even do anything except not explode spectacularly.

Whoever said it was like a vote out of the first season was right, I had the same thought... just incredible. If things stay this dumb maybe my opinion of this season will turn around. I won't be able to enjoy it on a strategy level but it's like two tribes filled with philips.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Poque posted:

Drew: Kelly, Natalie, Jeremy, Julie, Reed

e: reed voted drew

It's

Drew: Kelly, Natalie, Jeremy, Julie, Misty
Julie: Reed, Keith

How did that come about? Well:

Drew told the guys to vote out Kelly and they all told him they would do that, but never planned to.
Jon sees that Jeremy has a lot of pull and switches from Julie to Keith to look like he supported Jeremy.
Reed and Keith are not informed of Jon's or Jeremy's plans and vote Julie. They think Jon's plan to vote out someone who is still a "pair" is on.
Jeremy gets told by his alliance from episode one that they want Drew out and he goes with it to stay on their side. They also could potentially have a suballiance of people without a partner in the game.

with next episode being tribe switch everything can happen. We still have 5 pairs that will stay together no matter what and 4 free agents. Overall the distribution is 6 girls 8 guys. The tribes will consist of 7 players. Misty and Baylor are probably positioned best because they both are in the dominant alliance of their tribes and are partners.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
There was basically nothing smart about what anyone did last night, except the possible girls alliance of "well they think we have a girl's alliance so we may as well for today." I'm glad Keith wasn't aware of subaliances, and I'm fairly sure Drew didn't watch his Survivor DVDs because neither of them have a clue how to play this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Typed this post as I watched the episode.

Toaster Ding posted:

You know why no one else wants to do those things dude? Because they're incredibly incredibly dumb.

I didn't think what's-his-name offering to trade the flint for something was dumb. There's nothing to lose but something substantial that you could possibly gain. Had it worked, those teammates would have been singing a different tune.

He's a meathead but I don't think just throwing out the idea of a trade was worthy of so much facepalming from everyone.

blue squares posted:

Keith sucks at idol hunting

Based on what? We saw 30-minutes condensed to 15 seconds for dramatic effect.

Oh look, Keith found it.

Drew saying there's a Guy/Girl split is creating a Guy/Girl split.

"All these bitches" - Classy Drew with Kelley right behind him.

There's no way Drew isn't going home unless editors are faking us out here. He looks so much like Alec that it will be nice to simplify everything so I can keep names straight.

There's a bug on Keith's shoulder at tribal.

Ha, he found it.

"I don't know whose name I should be writing down right now." - Way to go Jon. As long as the girls are united, they know they have it.

Of course it backfired on Drew.

Survivor Editors, not every vote is a #blindside.

...Jon voted Keith..?

• Locked thread