Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No, please, game! I don't need any more reasons to think BL2 Lilith is annoying and dumb! Stop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I got Claptrap's :barf: :torgue::torgue::torgue::torgue: program, and while I died to it like the first 3 times I got it, it's a pretty vicious little attack that can clear a hard enounter in just a few seconds. It also scares the poo poo out of your teammates.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Torgue Fiesta never really did very much for me, I could never actually hit things with the grenades and/or everything was already dead. I just love it for the music. :ese:

Other opinions on action packages: Blightbot and Gaigemode are both effective for killing stuff while the minibot distracts them, though Blightbot has the bonus of extra music as well. The Axton turret bot usually got thrown into a dumb location where it couldn't actually hit anything. Zer0 mode is good cause you can go hog wild while invisible. Funzerker is really great at killing everything really fast and then making me waste the rest of my ammo on the floor and walls. Rubberducky mode is great for spamming buttslams. Pirate Ship mode is a work of art.

Krieg mode didn't happen often enough :smith:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Knock knock
Who's there?
Itch
Itch who?
Bless you!

Claptrap's minions are great.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
Anyone who tried this on OSX willing to comment on the game's performance?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Torgue Fiesta never really did very much for me, I could never actually hit things with the grenades and/or everything was already dead. I just love it for the music. :ese:

Other opinions on action packages: Blightbot and Gaigemode are both effective for killing stuff while the minibot distracts them, though Blightbot has the bonus of extra music as well. The Axton turret bot usually got thrown into a dumb location where it couldn't actually hit anything. Zer0 mode is good cause you can go hog wild while invisible. Funzerker is really great at killing everything really fast and then making me waste the rest of my ammo on the floor and walls. Rubberducky mode is great for spamming buttslams. Pirate Ship mode is a work of art.

Krieg mode didn't happen often enough :smith:

I think the problem with the Axton package is that the turret isn't tall enough. It's hard to even get Minion to shoot down stairs.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I swear all I get in this game is green pistols this is driving me nuts. I've been using this blue shotgun I got at the start of the game all the way to level 15, either the drop rates or my luck are terribly hosed.

menieres_4_life
Oct 27, 2007

You don't need equilibrioception to balance the books - in space!
For some reason my game is refusing to accept any controllers on PC. The initial menu works fine, but once the game loads, nothing but keyboard and mouse. Anyone know how to fix this?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I swear all I get in this game is green pistols this is driving me nuts. I've been using this blue shotgun I got at the start of the game all the way to level 15, either the drop rates or my luck are terribly hosed.

Hello, we must share the same loot luck or something because thats all I get too. The only shotgun I've seen is the one from the first torgue quest where I rolled the thingy into the lava (which I think is the one you have too).

Kaustik
Jun 1, 2008

Does anyone know what that icon next to everyone's character level means? I thought it was suppose to indicate what gun the person was using the most but mine went from an assault rifle to a skull-n-crossbones so now I don't know what the hell.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I know it's a bit of a small group of effected people kinda problem but the game freaks out at 1440P resolution .

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

Kaustik posted:

Does anyone know what that icon next to everyone's character level means? I thought it was suppose to indicate what gun the person was using the most but mine went from an assault rifle to a skull-n-crossbones so now I don't know what the hell.

If it's like the last one, it indicates what mod you're using.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kaustik posted:

It's based off your badass rank. It changes when you get more ranks.

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

Kaethela posted:

It's based off your badass rank. It changes when you get more ranks.

... I was wrong! I learned something today. :)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, I beat the game. I realized pretty early on that the story being told by Athena was pretty silly because I wasn't playing as Athena, so it being a frame story about someone who wasn't actually there WOULD have been annoying if it wasn't so funny. I'm just gonna pretend she made the whole story up and none of it actually happened, cause it was pretty dumb!

The "WATCH HANDSOME JACK'S DESCENT INTO VILLAIN-NESS!" element of it was way more abrupt than I would've liked it but the writing in the game is crap anyway so it's not like I was playing it for the story.

It was fun. Worth 60 bucks? Absolutely 100% most certainly not, but no video game is. I paid 45 for it and I'm satisfied, and the game's length wasn't that bad. I will definitely be playing through it again.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yo the raid boss is piss easy this time around, beat it on the very first try with a 4-levels-below-the-boss Claptrap.

edit: Lol it didn't even drop a single legendary. Maybe it'll be harder on TVHM.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Well, I beat the game. I realized pretty early on that the story being told by Athena was pretty silly because I wasn't playing as Athena, so it being a frame story about someone who wasn't actually there WOULD have been annoying if it wasn't so funny. I'm just gonna pretend she made the whole story up and none of it actually happened, cause it was pretty dumb!

The "WATCH HANDSOME JACK'S DESCENT INTO VILLAIN-NESS!" element of it was way more abrupt than I would've liked it but the writing in the game is crap anyway so it's not like I was playing it for the story.

It was fun. Worth 60 bucks? Absolutely 100% most certainly not, but no video game is. I paid 45 for it and I'm satisfied, and the game's length wasn't that bad. I will definitely be playing through it again.

Honestly there's no reason to pay 60 bucks for a game anymore, at least on PC. I got this game + the season pass for a tiny bit under 60 bucks and Shadow of Mordor + the season pass for 35.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where is he at?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

comatose posted:

Hello, we must share the same loot luck or something because thats all I get too. The only shotgun I've seen is the one from the first torgue quest where I rolled the thingy into the lava (which I think is the one you have too).

This has also been me. Every chest is either four pistols in some combination of green or white, one white rocket launcher, four green grenade mods or three (four?) OZ mods of pretty much random rarity (below legendary).

I finally broke down and bought a blue lightning railgun and a blue ice spike shield because all of my gear was between 4 and 7 after the AI mission with me at level 15.

Here's hoping for a CE loot trainer soon. They already have a general cheats one up.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
I spammed the golden key box a bit and I sure did get an absolute shitload of pistols compared to every other weapon type. Not just because they come in groups of 4 either.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fauxtool posted:

where is he at?

If you're asking about the raid boss, after you beat the game you get one final mission at the bounty board in Concordia, which sends you to where you can fight the raid boss. You'll need 20 moonstones to get in though so make sure you have that first. The game warns you with the same stuff it did in BL2 where the characters are all like IF YOU DONT BRING 3 FRIENDS YOU'LL TOTALLY DIE!!! but it was actually super not difficult! Challenging maybe, but definitely not hard.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

How is Athena's Xiphos tree? I'm kind of sad that the only thing I want to do right now is load up BL2 and play as Krieg for a while. I miss head explodey time :(

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
Does the game use BL2 save data for anything? I want to buy the game for PS3 to play on my big screen tv, but if it uses the save data, I'll just get off Steam.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mayostard posted:

Does the game use BL2 save data for anything? I want to buy the game for PS3 to play on my big screen tv, but if it uses the save data, I'll just get off Steam.
Yeah, you get some bonus starting weapons and a skin and stuff, not much.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For those wondering about the whole "Tiny Tina in new game plus" thing they talked about before the game's release:

Presented without comment.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

CJacobs posted:

For those wondering about the whole "Tiny Tina in new game plus" thing they talked about before the game's release:

:stare:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CJacobs posted:

This wouldn't be as bad if it were literally anyone but Tiny Tina...

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

CJacobs posted:

"Trust us, we learned our lesson about this character!"

:psypop:

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Do you still have to press E to pick up obvious poo poo from the ground and chests? This is important to me

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

CJacobs posted:

So how long did your playthrough take?

sockpuppetclock posted:

Do you still have to press E to pick up obvious poo poo from the ground and chests? This is important to me

You auto pick up stuff from the ground if you run over it. You have to run. The system is still finicky in that you have to run and if its "under" stuff but you can see the beam of light, you have to press E on it

double edit: chests haven't changed at all. ones in space explode out tho

Hollenhammer fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 16, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hollenhammer posted:

So how long did your playthrough take?

I did every sidequest and including some extra stuff and standing around, my playthrough took 21 hours. Not bad! I'm gonna play through the game on TVHM too just to see if UVHM is the only unlock after it. Claptrap is so drat fun that I don't want to stop!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i must be forgetting exactly how i did it before, but i cant figure out how to get to zarpedon again so i can farm her a bit

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

CJacobs posted:

I did every sidequest and including some extra stuff and standing around, my playthrough took 21 hours. Not bad! I'm gonna play through the game on TVHM too just to see if UVHM is the only unlock after it. Claptrap is so drat fun that I don't want to stop!

Huh I guess that sounds right for the other two games. Both took me around 65 hours to playthrough twice as one character and then hit all the DLC so that would seem to come out at 20-30 hours for a playthrough

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CJacobs posted:

I also did all the sidequests etc. and mine also took about 22 hours. There was also that time where I spent like 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get up a goddamn platform but we will ignore that.

I want to try a runthrough as Athena but I just remembered that meatbags have to worry about oxygen. :smith:

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

shodanjr_gr posted:

Anyone who tried this on OSX willing to comment on the game's performance?

Playing this on a 2012 MBP 15" with the dedicated graphics card and it runs great.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
How the hell do you get to Sub-Level 13?

And the shock drop pit?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

So, what class does Mr. Torgue the proudest?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I want to try a runthrough as Athena but I just remembered that meatbags have to worry about oxygen. :smith:

It's really, really not a problem. Enemies drop oxygen canisters like candy and oxygen depletes pretty slowly unless you're double-jump-buttslamming constantly.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I also did all the sidequests etc. and mine also took about 22 hours. There was also that time where I spent like 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get up a goddamn platform but we will ignore that.

If by worry you mean not worry then yes. You'll have fun being literally invincible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

So, what class does Mr. Torgue the proudest?

Nisha has a skill where after she gets a kill all her bullets start dealing spontaneous explosive damage.

• Locked thread