Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
With the death of Goozex, I might actually have to cave and get a Gamefly account this generation... drat you Watch Dogs for fooling me...

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was at level 60 at about the time it took me to get to 35 or so on the original pc version.

I think it's just balanced differently. Difficulty is pretty arbitrary in Diablo anyways.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

misguided rage posted:

1) Turn the difficulty up
2) Hitting max level isn't really the point of the game, that's a weird metric to be using
3) That's actually really slow, you might be terrible

I'm definitely having a good time with it, but raising the difficulty might make it more challenging. I haven't played D2 in a long time, so I guess I was expecting more of what I remember from that difficulty level. Oh well. It's still really fun.

Wizard of Wang
Aug 8, 2004
Last console generation I did most of my gaming on PS3 and PC, I am purchasing a PS4 tonight as soon as my check from work clears in my bank account. My question is what game should I buy with it first? I don't usually purchase games unless they are very long or have a great online multiplayer community. I was thinking I should buy the system and Shadow of Mordor, or possibly Battlefield 4 I am not sure which to get first. Anyone have any input?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Wolfenstein is a really great sp shooter. No one expected much including me and I ended up playing it three times. Shadows of Mordor is one of the best games of the year. Destiny and Bf4 are both fun mp games although for different reasons.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Similar to the poster above, I'm planning on buying a PS4 next week. But now I'm thinking I should hold out for any sales or special actions, especially given the pretty awesome deal Microsoft just announced for the xbox (bundled with Assassins creed black flag and Unity). Should I expect any amazing console deals in the next month? I live in Europe.

Also any opinions on whether it still is worth getting Battlefield 4 or will it be a wasteland once the new game is released?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Dork457 posted:

Play on hard. My totally subjective take on it is that playing through on hard feeds back into the narrative and gives it some weight given how dire everything is. But it's also apparently what the game was balanced around.

Bonus: Lower difficulty trophies unlock with the higher ones.

Basically you only get one chance to do this. Once you beat the game once trying it again on a harder difficulty won't fit the narrative as well.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Wizard of Wang posted:

Last console generation I did most of my gaming on PS3 and PC, I am purchasing a PS4 tonight as soon as my check from work clears in my bank account. My question is what game should I buy with it first? I don't usually purchase games unless they are very long or have a great online multiplayer community. I was thinking I should buy the system and Shadow of Mordor, or possibly Battlefield 4 I am not sure which to get first. Anyone have any input?

Last of Us, Wolfenstein, and Destiny are probably your best bets.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just beat the last extra op of MGS:GZ is it worth earning trophies from this point out in terms of phantom pain extras or can I call it quits at 26% and still get a nice prize in the new game?

Dork457 posted:

Play on hard. My totally subjective take on it is that playing through on hard feeds back into the narrative and gives it some weight given how dire everything is. But it's also apparently what the game was balanced around.

Bonus: Lower difficulty trophies unlock with the higher ones.

I play on casual because its hella long and if its really so good that I don't mind dying all the time then i can always play it again.

kanonvandekempen posted:

Similar to the poster above, I'm planning on buying a PS4 next week. But now I'm thinking I should hold out for any sales or special actions, especially given the pretty awesome deal Microsoft just announced for the xbox (bundled with Assassins creed black flag and Unity). Should I expect any amazing console deals in the next month? I live in Europe.

The majority of people in your timezone with xboxs are likely to be us military so the amazing ps4 deal is actually having non americans to play with.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

Fuzz posted:

With the death of Goozex, I might actually have to cave and get a Gamefly account this generation... drat you Watch Dogs for fooling me...

:negative:

Did you try https://99gamers.com ? It's really nice!

arts and craps
Nov 20, 2011
The last of us multiplayer is insanely sick.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Does anyone know a fix for stick drift on the PS4 controller? Straight left and straight right now go 45 degrees up and down, respectively, though it gets real twitchy about it. Real pain in the rear end for Diablo, less so for other games.

I have an RMA open with Sony but they require me to deal with shipping myself and won't cross ship a controller. And this is my only one. :smith:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I know you shouldn't have to, but poo poo like that is the reason I always have at least 1 spare controller. Plus with the terrible battery life on the DS4 I can always have one charging.

TLOU is very pretty. I didn't get very far on the PS3 version because I rented it. Figured I can't say no for $30.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Is there any suggestions for just jumping in head first on getting a PS4 and Vita? Is there/will there be a bundle eventually or am I just forced to buy separately?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

a real rear end nigga posted:

It is.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

Is there any suggestions for just jumping in head first on getting a PS4 and Vita? Is there/will there be a bundle eventually or am I just forced to buy separately?

I think there was a bundle in some regions but you only saved like 5 bucks so just get a ps4 from wherever has a deal and then buy a cheap refurb vita because who the gently caress cares.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Morby posted:

I'm definitely having a good time with it, but raising the difficulty might make it more challenging. I haven't played D2 in a long time, so I guess I was expecting more of what I remember from that difficulty level. Oh well. It's still really fun.

Diablo 2 (and Diablo 3 at its initial PC release, which was a completely different and vastly inferior game) has a very different difficulty structure than the game you're playing. in D2 you were meant to beat the game on normal, then start over with the same character on hard, then repeat on extra hard, etc. In Reaper of Souls you should have no problem cranking up the difficulty to Expert (or whatever it's called, the max allowed on your first play-through) by the end of Act I. If you've got a good co-op group going, you can do so even sooner. Basically the enemies get tougher but you get massive boosts to gold, item drops, and experience on higher difficulty levels so it's all about finding a balance that lets you kill poo poo most efficiently. for the record my girlfriend is definitely what I'd consider a "non-gamer" (loves Animal Crossing but that's about it) and we were able to have a blast co-opping in expert by the end of Act I. Normal mode is really slow and boring and if you've ever played a video game before in your life you can skip right past it

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Any of you guys have a recommendation for a monitor to use with the ps4? I have a nice 50" plasma now, but I'm about to move across the country and will be without it for 1-2 months.

My requirements are:
$300 or less
Good, accurate colors. I'm really picky about wanting games to look the way the developer intended. I spent hours tweaking my plasma screen to get it to look perfect.
Fast response time/low input lag, for fast twitch games like CoD.

Ideally, I'd also like it to be available on amazon. I don't need sound, I'm just gonna use my Gold headset for that.

Any suggestions?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a real rear end nigga posted:

Its a shame matchmaking, the clan management system and mid game joining all suck though

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Downloaded the Japanese demo for Guilty Gear last night. This game is totally on my list now. Can't wait for it. I believe it's supposed to be coming before the end of the year?

HamSmoothie
Nov 17, 2007
The other white meat is now a tasty beverage!

Dewgy posted:

Does anyone know a fix for stick drift on the PS4 controller? Straight left and straight right now go 45 degrees up and down, respectively, though it gets real twitchy about it. Real pain in the rear end for Diablo, less so for other games.

I have an RMA open with Sony but they require me to deal with shipping myself and won't cross ship a controller. And this is my only one. :smith:

I just started having this happen to my launch DS4 in Destiny. At first, I thought it was the game being weird with how the menu pointer seems to lock onto items in your equipment screen... Then it happened during crucible junk and I decided to look into it a bit more. After trying to use the PS4's web browser and having up, up-right, and right sporadically register as down-right, I decided to go ahead RMA it before the warranty expires next month. (I'm considering a 3 year extended warranty, just in case.)

It does sort of suck about cross-shipping not being an option at all, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Undead Muppet posted:

Any of you guys have a recommendation for a monitor to use with the ps4? I have a nice 50" plasma now, but I'm about to move across the country and will be without it for 1-2 months.

My requirements are:
$300 or less
Good, accurate colors. I'm really picky about wanting games to look the way the developer intended. I spent hours tweaking my plasma screen to get it to look perfect.

Ideally, I'd also like it to be available on amazon. I don't need sound, I'm just gonna use my Gold headset for that.

Any suggestions?

There's a monitor thread in SH/SC that can probably give you a good answer.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Undead Muppet posted:

My requirements are:
$300 or less

Any suggestions?

I'm quite satisfied with my 24" BenQ RL2455HM (also comes in something 2460HT, same internals and panel) but I don't know how the colours compare to expensive panels, pretty much the least you can spend for the lowest displaylag and speaking of which you could check out http://www.displaylag.com/

They all go by game-mode in their measurements, some monitors use more eye-bleeding terrible ones while others like that of BenQ present a tolerable image and strength.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I also have a BENQ 24 inch. I love it. I forget the model #.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

kanonvandekempen posted:

Also any opinions on whether it still is worth getting Battlefield 4 or will it be a wasteland once the new game is released?

What new game? Hardline? Hardline will not put a dent in BF4's population. It is absolutely worth getting.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

PantsBandit posted:

What new game? Hardline? Hardline will not put a dent in BF4's population. It is absolutely worth getting.

This.

Hardline looks like it could be fun, but it's cops and robbers. It's not going to scratch that military shooter itch.

BF4 is phenomenal on PS4. I highly recommend it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Undead Muppet posted:

My requirements are:
$300 or less

Any suggestions?

ASUS VH236H - It's the monitor the EVO Fighting kids used (8ms/0.5 frames input lag) before Dell/Alienware started sponsoring them and providing PCs/monitors.
I bought mine a couple months after BLOPS and my KD has never been the same since. :hellyeah:
Newer models are available and most will be under $200, nevermind $300.

https://www.displaylag.com (and the monitor thread) is your friend.

My question: Is there a recommended headset (wireless, USB, Bluetooth) for those of us that prefer to use speakers, and give no fucks about complaints from neighbours, SO's, pets, or small children?

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Thanks for the replies.

After looking around, I'm probably going to go with the BenQ Gaming Monitor RL2455HM. Then after I get my TV back, I'll use it to finally have a dual monitor setup on my gaming PC.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
^^^^^ That's a TN panel. Thought you wanted accurate colors.

Undead Muppet posted:

My requirements are:
$300 or less

Any suggestions?

I also run Plasmas. Perhaps what we value in a display is similar.

I bought a Asus VN279 for off-plas gaming and general PC use. It is a VA panel, it's black levels are pretty good for LCD. I had purchased another Asus 27" IPS panel just prior to getting this one, and sent the IPS back. I had the IPS and the VA side-by-side for a bit, and the IPS looked like washed-out poo poo me.

Since the VN279 has displayport and HDMI I can toggle between my consoles and my PC quickly.

Copper Vein fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 16, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I've got the Asus V238h and Samsung UN32EH4003, and would recommend both.

The BenQ is a good monitor, though.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I honestly don't know if I should jump on the TLOU deal. In the one hand, it's TLOU. On the other hand, it's still $30 when I already have the original game and season pass, I have a bunch of other games to play, and I seriously wonder if this deal is just the first of several. I'd be pissed if I got it now and then next week the official store popped up with "50%-off TLOU, 66%-off TLOU for PS+ members".

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
Haha on psn the preorder for dragon age inquisition comes up as the equivalent of 102 dollar on the coming soon. I have no idea why because when you click on it both versions are 92.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
Anyone else having the same fun with DriveClub as me? Can't find a thread here, but maybe we are premature, as was the launch...

Many errors, undownloadable cars, game updates do not work either now, lord help you if you want to drive in the DriveClub or online...

On the other hand, the game is good. Love the tracks and cars, physics not bad either.. Graphics great, good soundtrack and sound effects.

http://imgur.com/a/tgmN3#4

I started a lljk DriveClub Club, but that disappeared so will give them three weeks more to get their act together before I try to go online again - at least the single player mode is good so far...

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

I've heard that the driving was not very fun, but I guess I'll have to wait for the free version to finally come out to judge that. Also no car customizability is a thing?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Driving is obviously going to be subjective but it's quite fun in my opinion. On my iPhone but there is indeed a Driveclub thread.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Never thought I'd be playing TLOU multiplayer for 17 months straight, but here I am.

Also, Pix the Cat trophies are not loving around.

BreakAtmo posted:

I honestly don't know if I should jump on the TLOU deal. In the one hand, it's TLOU. On the other hand, it's still $30 when I already have the original game and season pass, I have a bunch of other games to play, and I seriously wonder if this deal is just the first of several. I'd be pissed if I got it now and then next week the official store popped up with "50%-off TLOU, 66%-off TLOU for PS+ members".

Don't see it getting much cheaper. Oh, and season pass weapons/armor carry over to PS4.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 16, 2014

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

second-hand smegma posted:

Don't see it getting much cheaper. Oh, and season pass weapons/armor carry over to PS4.

I'm saying that I already own the DLC, as opposed to someone who only owns the original game and would therefore find the Remastered package more worth it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BreakAtmo posted:

I'm saying that I already own the DLC, as opposed to someone who only owns the original game and would therefore find the Remastered package more worth it.

I get that, but PS4 owners still have to purchase weapons if they didn't get the season pass. Remastered only comes with DLC maps.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

second-hand smegma posted:

I get that, but PS4 owners still have to purchase weapons if they didn't get the season pass. Remastered only comes with DLC maps.

I think some of that stuff is cross buy, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
I've been trying to hold off on getting bf4 until they released a version with all the dlc maps, anyone have a guess how likely/ when this might occur?

Alternatively, is the game still fun to play and well populated if I just have the maps that come with the game?

• Locked thread