Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man I hate playing as Ruto but I really need to get this skulltula. Oh wait I forgot Ruto can banish entire maps to a hellscape shadow realm

I have no idea what caused this but it's a thing

How do you not like Ruto, that's practically what the map looks like after she's been there anyway. :stare:

edit: ugh i always get the new page :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man I hate playing as Ruto but I really need to get this skulltula. Oh wait I forgot Ruto can banish entire maps to a hellscape shadow realm

I have no idea what caused this but it's a thing

Ruto's silent scream just makes the picture, really.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
On Rusty's advice, I just showed those Cuccos who the boss is- did both Ghirahim and Zant's level 2 weapons in one try today. I carried that momentum on to Midnas level 3, Fi's level 3, Fire Rod level 3, and Agitha level 2. All in one go. :madmax:

I've got the whole bottom half of the map cleared of weapons now. Ganon's tower ahoy

edit: anyone having trouble with agitha: yyx dodge on all guys with health bars. That's all you need. You can do it quickly enough that there is already another beetle ready to go as soon as they come back down from being knocked up by the first. For general minion clearing, follow up the beetle with the butterfly. Piss easy.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 15, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

THE loving MOON posted:

How do you not like Ruto, that's practically what the map looks like after she's been there anyway. :stare:

edit: ugh i always get the new page :saddowns:

She just feels weak, she has fantastic AoE things but it feels like nothing actually hits that hard.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

She just feels weak, she has fantastic AoE things but it feels like nothing actually hits that hard.

Her powered up strong attack hits really hard, and multiple times. Plus you can so totally overwhelm anything and everything with her AOE attacks that their slightly lower damage really doesn't matter.

Ruto is all about having water bubbles on all stronger enemies heads at all times, constantly dealing damage.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
She's also probably one of the best characters for killing the imprisoned if you need to kill one for whatever reason but don't necessarily care the A-rank reward. Just charge up your water meter a good distance away, and then just throw all of your tidal waves at his toes until they break. One full meter should be enough.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
So when will the DLC be released? Will I even have time to play it today? :ohdear:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
18 hours or so.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

WHAT THE gently caress where is the heart container for Lana in legend mode level 4, valley of the Seers????

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

WHAT THE gently caress where is the heart container for Lana in legend mode level 4, valley of the Seers????

If I recall correctly, it's under a rock on the middle left side of the map. It was very hard to spot for me since it practically blends into the rest of the terrain perfectly.

On a separate note, anyone know where the best place to grind the Imprisoned's Pillar is? I haven't managed to get even a single one, and I need quite a few for badges.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ugh do I have to beat the whole level again? gently caress it I'll just play on easy

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
So can anyone explain how the multi-weapon glitch works? Wanna have fabulous dancing Link.

Speaking of which, how do you do the Aragok combo? I keep on getting a sphere when I try xxxxy, xy seems to be dodongo, xxy manhandala, xxxy Gohma.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Arbitrary Coin posted:

So can anyone explain how the multi-weapon glitch works? Wanna have fabulous dancing Link.

Speaking of which, how do you do the Aragok combo? I keep on getting a sphere when I try xxxxy, xy seems to be dodongo, xxy manhandala, xxxy Gohma.

The timing is tight for Aragok: you need to start hitting heavy right about when the two gates start to fuse back together.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Eopia posted:

On a separate note, anyone know where the best place to grind the Imprisoned's Pillar is? I haven't managed to get even a single one, and I need quite a few for badges.

There's an Adventure mission where you have to kill 2 Imprisoned (and Ghirahim if you want), I'd do that one.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

So what's the strategy for getting lana's tier 3 spear, because I can do it fast, or without getting hurt but not both apparently.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

No Such Thing posted:

So what's the strategy for getting lana's tier 3 spear, because I can do it fast, or without getting hurt but not both apparently.

If that's the one where you team up with Volga I did it by running around and spamming the basic attack on large groups of mobs, and I took down Midna by spamming XX and dodge. Just go ham basically

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Well, I managed to unlock everyone just before the new characters dropped. :v:

Have they said when the preorder skin DLCs will be publically available?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Reoxygenation posted:

If that's the one where you team up with Volga I did it by running around and spamming the basic attack on large groups of mobs, and I took down Midna by spamming XX and dodge. Just go ham basically

Yeah that's the one.

Don't spend too long helping Volga at the start, he's really strong. Just spend a couple minutes softening the group for him and then move on. I don't remember a lot of details from that mission, but I do remember that I got hung up helping him for way too long.

Edit: you'll probably get most of the kills you need defending the statue base. It gets rushed hard a few minutes in.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 16, 2014

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Ugh. I missed out on the hard mode skulltula on the last level today, and I have no idea why. I played as Darunia, all my allies were alive (confirmed by light arrows dialogue not mentioning lack of strength) and I beat ganondorf without him taking over the castle keep again. I drew him into the keep while defeating him. That could maybe be a factor I guess. The only other thing would be me trying over from a checkpoint.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

mastajake posted:

Ugh. I missed out on the hard mode skulltula on the last level today, and I have no idea why. I played as Darunia, all my allies were alive (confirmed by light arrows dialogue not mentioning lack of strength) and I beat ganondorf without him taking over the castle keep again. I drew him into the keep while defeating him. That could maybe be a factor I guess. The only other thing would be me trying over from a checkpoint.

You need to defeat him before you touch the castle keep. It's the mistake I did.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

mastajake posted:

The requirement is that you don't capture the Castle Keep. It's sorta weirdly worded, I guess. You have to kill him while he's got high morale still.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Man, the Imprisoned/Argorok/Gohma mission was a pain, even with two players. After losing twice going after Imp we noticed how much easier the other two are, so we split up and took them out in like three minutes max with barely any damage. By then Impy waddled out to the open courtyard so we could avoid his nearly impossible belly slide attack with the extra room, and won with two hearts to spare. Still a pain but not as impossible as before.

Then we tried the Bow-Wow unlock mission. Took too much damage one minute in because of nearly invincible Ruto and her parade of ghosts :stonk:

I managed to do the critical failure on one Poe, but it is hard to tell which charge-up move is the opening for it. They are all "hold lantern and charge up". Am I missing something?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So ZeldaInformer is saying the DLC is getting a midnight launch...any truth to that? Or is it just gonna show up with the normal eShop update in 12ish hours?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Man, the Imprisoned/Argorok/Gohma mission was a pain, even with two players. After losing twice going after Imp we noticed how much easier the other two are, so we split up and took them out in like three minutes max with barely any damage. By then Impy waddled out to the open courtyard so we could avoid his nearly impossible belly slide attack with the extra room, and won with two hearts to spare. Still a pain but not as impossible as before.

Then we tried the Bow-Wow unlock mission. Took too much damage one minute in because of nearly invincible Ruto and her parade of ghosts :stonk:

I managed to do the critical failure on one Poe, but it is hard to tell which charge-up move is the opening for it. They are all "hold lantern and charge up". Am I missing something?

The "critical failure" moves are the ones where they not only glow white, but have the little white wisps of energy flowing into them. In the case of Poes, it's a really long windup, but you can see when the other captains (Dinolfos, Stalmasters, etc.) are going to do it because they have the same kind of white wisps effect on them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

You can also tell Critical Failure on poes because it's the only time they rotate in place while charging up. Rest of the time they just aim at where you were at.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I think I die a little inside whenever I kill Ganon and he drops a weapon. :smithicide:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

jivjov posted:

So ZeldaInformer is saying the DLC is getting a midnight launch...any truth to that? Or is it just gonna show up with the normal eShop update in 12ish hours?

It's not up yet, so unless they meant PST (which I don't know if Nintendo has ever stuck to specifically), it wont be up until later.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Emalde posted:

It's not up yet, so unless they meant PST (which I don't know if Nintendo has ever stuck to specifically), it wont be up until later.

Well, NOA is located in Washington so it's possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just did Ruto's lvl 3 mission for the first time. :stare:

I got a A. Not looking forward to getting that second spider though. I stopped the first chickens then spent the rest of the time killing the hell out of the base monsters who took like 20 years, second set of chickens showed up and I ran to the wrong base to stop them from taking over so that happened. Then they took the original base because another duo showed up (why) and I just said gently caress it and zipped straight over to Zant and beat him up while the allied base had like 70 enemies in it and Impa was dying.

I seriously only need two more pieces for the darunia image and the villains one. These loving spiders.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just did Ruto's lvl 3 mission for the first time. :stare:

I got a A. Not looking forward to getting that second spider though. I stopped the first chickens then spent the rest of the time killing the hell out of the base monsters who took like 20 years, second set of chickens showed up and I ran to the wrong base to stop them from taking over so that happened. Then they took the original base because another duo showed up (why) and I just said gently caress it and zipped straight over to Zant and beat him up while the allied base had like 70 enemies in it and Impa was dying.

I seriously only need two more pieces for the darunia image and the villains one. These loving spiders.

Do not pursue Cucco.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I know the chance of them making the moveset swap bug a real feature is zero, but I think it would have been a neat touch to have Lana and Cia share weapons. I mean hell, Cia already basically has a summoning gate.

On a side note, the summoning gate may not be the best weapon, but it's easily the most creative and interesting to use. Even the manhandla summon is strong if you can manage to get the damned thing out. I wish the animations for it were less idol-y, but I can't deny that there is a certain charm to the amount of effort that was clearly put into them.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I finally beat Zelda's lvl 2 baton mission, I feel maybe it would have been easier if I just used her Rapier. The mission just feels a little bugged, the enemies just seem tougher than they should for a level 2 weapon mission since her level one baton does such low damage, even at five stars.

As useful as the Baton is for doing the devastating attack missions, with how some of the moves lock you in place for so long and you can't cancel out of a lot of the animations, it just seems like it's a straight up worse weapon than the rapier.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I somehow managed to beat Agitha's rank 3 mission on my first try. Thanks to whoever it was here that suggested the BBY -> cancel -> BBY strategy, that worked flawlessly. Ganondorf died super quick (because he's weak to light I guess) and I pretty much just ignored Zelda entirely. Link took ages to kill, but I still beat the mission with one minute to spare.

Zant's rank 3 mission on the other hand..holy poo poo. That's a tremendous leap on difficulty. He's the same level as Agitha, using a five star rank 2 weapon just like her and he has way more badges than her, but I was still doing a pitiful amount of damage with him. I just couldn't kill basically anything with a health bar fast enough and eventually took over 20 minutes to clear the mission. I don't see how I am supposed to A rank this without getting him to, like, level 70.
On that mission I also found out that you can apparently only rescue an ally twice per mission, because the circle just wouldn't appear around Ganondorf when Sheik beat him within an inch of his life a third time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The best advice I have for Zant's level 3 is that you need Ganondorf to go in danger right before you're ready to go fight Girahim. So make sure you take your time dealing with threats and getting kills before you go kill Sheik and the last Aerolfos. That way Ganondorf will be at full health for your protracted Girahim fight and you should be able to beat him before Dorf bites it.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

chumbler posted:

I know the chance of them making the moveset swap bug a real feature is zero, but I think it would have been a neat touch to have Lana and Cia share weapons. I mean hell, Cia already basically has a summoning gate.

On a side note, the summoning gate may not be the best weapon, but it's easily the most creative and interesting to use. Even the manhandla summon is strong if you can manage to get the damned thing out. I wish the animations for it were less idol-y, but I can't deny that there is a certain charm to the amount of effort that was clearly put into them.

I judge characters solely by the usefulness of their 'A' button ability and while the cucco is very cute, it just doesn't have the same punch as some of the others. Maybe if the cucco staggered around in more directions?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Someone buy the DLC today, please, and tell me if the new Adventure Mode map still has terrible quiz battles and whatnot.

Zertoss
Apr 29, 2009
Last night I got the level 3 gauntlets finally. I got a little lucky with Argorok's positioning. Impa was fighting a bunch of Poes with some Hylian captains west of the north keep. I hit them with a special on my way through and then ran straight into the keep. I got to fight Argorok in an empty room. That made all the difference.

I also got Ghirahim's level 2 sword. Whoever helped my network Link out, it got me a experience boost for that mission, so thanks! Then I tried the kill 700 enemies in 10 minutes mission with him for a heart container. I can't kill 700 enemies in 10 minutes with 3 Gohmas chasing me. 600 is my limit.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Kaubocks posted:

Someone buy the DLC today, please, and tell me if the new Adventure Mode map still has terrible quiz battles and whatnot.

I'm sorry, do you have a problem with awesome quiz questions like 'KILL THE HOMEOWNER'?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Zertoss posted:

I also got Ghirahim's level 2 sword. Whoever helped my network Link out, it got me a experience boost for that mission, so thanks! Then I tried the kill 700 enemies in 10 minutes mission with him for a heart container. I can't kill 700 enemies in 10 minutes with 3 Gohmas chasing me. 600 is my limit.

I got this one by using his BBBY combo a few times on each group before running on to the next group before any boss could catch up. The disc he fires out has great range and is good for clearing them out quickly. Just be sure not to mash on the combo finisher button, you don't want to get stuck in that long bokoblin-summoning animation. I also used his special a few times if I ran into a more tightly-packed group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
So when is the patch supposed to go up? I'm kind of tempted to just run rewards maps all day to farm money so I can level the new guys as high as humanly possible the second I get them.

• Locked thread