Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

CyberLord XP posted:

Can you link what you mean? I can't find them on the site.

http://www.back2base-ix.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=54

I have my koptas on the small 60mm ones

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Oct 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Frobbe posted:

I bought this bunch of derelict spacemans for $130, They're in need of a little TLC but otherwise in pretty great shape and there's a lot :)
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/060b819y81z282i/AAAr320Wbk0N97iBZq1K37kMa#/

I can't help your tactics question but this is what I'm hoping to do to kick-start my 30K army...just have to decide between Sons of Horus or Death Guard...

Last night's project was this:

I now have lots of spare ribbon...gonna make a toy for the cat!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Thanks for this, these look great. Gonna grab a few sets of them.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Hra Mormo posted:

I'd still laugh him from the table for buying a Wraithknight though.

Good thing it only cost me £20 then :haw:

Surprisingly no-one's had an issue with it, presumably because they can, and have, killed it a few times. Meanwhile we have one guy who runs two Vendettas and a Vulture and everyone looks at him as though he's taking the piss. He doesn't win with them, of course, but no-one enjoys playing against it.

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!

A few pages back I know but I have to say I loved these guys when you first shared them, so much so that I stole your idea and did my own. Finished the first 5 today.

I even used your painting guide to do the flames! :)

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Sykic posted:

Good thing it only cost me £20 then :haw:

Surprisingly no-one's had an issue with it, presumably because they can, and have, killed it a few times. Meanwhile we have one guy who runs two Vendettas and a Vulture and everyone looks at him as though he's taking the piss. He doesn't win with them, of course, but no-one enjoys playing against it.

I don't have a problem with it as a unit, just the model. Looks exactly like a Spiderman action figure I used to have. I'd literally be fine playing against that list if I was allowed to put a brown paper bag over the Wraithknight so I wouldn't have to look at it.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Matgash posted:

A few pages back I know but I have to say I loved these guys when you first shared them, so much so that I stole your idea and did my own. Finished the first 5 today.

These look loving awesome. Where'd you get the heads?

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!

Sulecrist posted:

These look loving awesome. Where'd you get the heads?

Cheers! :) The heads are from the Chaplain, from the Reclusiam Command Squad set, it has taken me a long time to get the 9 I needed as they dont pop up on ebay or bits sites very often.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Matgash posted:

Cheers! :) The heads are from the Chaplain, from the Reclusiam Command Squad set, it has taken me a long time to get the 9 I needed as they dont pop up on ebay or bits sites very often.

You used 4 exclusive out of print heads for them? Bravo man bravo.... Just curious what did you pay on average for them?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's not out of print, but it is almost a thousand dollars if you wanted to get them from GW.

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!
I paid £2 a head plus postage, I managed to get two lots of 3 heads, off of ebay and then the rest in 1's.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
So looking to make my mono-khorne vaguely playable again I think is going to involve lots of maulerfiends and Heldrakes. I already have one of each, but I don't like the basic Heldrake model (the one I have is converted) and 3 maulerfiends would look too same-y, so I'm considering alternate models or kitbashes.

Right now I'm looking into Fantasy Slaughterbrutes as an option for an alternate maulerfiend, does anyone know if they're the same size?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
All this LotD talk has me thinking that clearly I should do some up now that I've found the right heads.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Matgash posted:

The one with the plume is Enkomi's head?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

The Sisko posted:

Tell me more :allears:

Something like
7 wolf guard battle leaders all on Twolves, 2+/3++, powerfists, wolf wargear
Runepriest on bike
(white scars)
Chaplain on bike
Command squad on bikes, apthocary

He fills the mandatory elite slots with wolf priests(?) that have a fist, 2+/3++, and a twolf. He then brings as many fliers as he can fit (3 I think), and some scouts that he tosses into one of the planes. He puts the battle leaders up front to tank small arms, bounces wounds back to the wolves/jinking bikes that would start to kill the leaders and then touches something (or a lot of somethings in a massive multiassault) and watches them drown in an ocean of S10 swings. At the end of the game he voltrons like seerstar onto most objectives with the 10 independent characters and wins. It's pretty gross.

BULBASAUR posted:

Smugly bring a revenant titan and some wave serpents or just two warhound titans with twin turbo lasers

If it was allowed on the tourney circuit, we'd bring them. My foam titan has hit the table exactly once. :(

SRM posted:

We are legion (and terrible at this game)

hahahaha

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm very happy all you guys found each other to pummel in a big sweaty mess.

I long for the days of min 50% troop picks with no more than 25% in HQ. It made this little game of squad based combat pretty fun. Of course if everyone is playing nothing but top tier units in a mashup of every great unit that's fine too as long as everyone is onboard before they show up.

Thanks!

I don't. some armies have shiiiiit troops.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Direwolf posted:

So looking to make my mono-khorne vaguely playable again I think is going to involve lots of maulerfiends and Heldrakes. I already have one of each, but I don't like the basic Heldrake model (the one I have is converted) and 3 maulerfiends would look too same-y, so I'm considering alternate models or kitbashes.

Right now I'm looking into Fantasy Slaughterbrutes as an option for an alternate maulerfiend, does anyone know if they're the same size?

They are pretty close.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Matgash posted:

These own own own own. Your photo setup rules too.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Cataphract posted:

Carl and I have already discussed this... it's in the works as soon as we finish a song called "the bucket list"

completely unrelated but does anyone know of any interesting types of buckets?

Pails are pretty interesting all kinds of things can be put in them. Ants, whiskers etc. Bucket bongs could be folded in some way?

For the rest of the world, a bucket bong is a gravity bong.

Direwolf posted:

I literally just cut off things I don't like. Why would a terminator need three tiny knives he can't even pull out with his giant terminator hands? Strapped to his groin? No, he doesn't need that.

They are symbolic.

Carl, sorry to insult your friends music but make friends with people who don't like nu-metal.

Matgash- those LotD are sweet as hell, what was your source for all of those plastic chaplain heads?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah I remember that too but second wasn't that good compared the 3ed tournies.

They ran tournies with percentages in 3E? I never played it without the newfangled force org that made everyone happy because you could drop two 5-man troop squads and fill the rest of your army with cool stuff.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Aw, yeah, Matgash is back, wreckin up the place! Great poo poo, man!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I just got my hands on two vengeance batteries for 5€, woop. I have no idea how fortifications have changed in 7th though.
I was thinking of running them in my mechanicus list with quad icarus lascannons to cover my absolute lack of AA.
That's 150 points for two AV14 buildings (that GW doesn't seem to have cared enough to errata in HP values?) with 2 twin-linked BS2 lascannon shots each.

Can they still shoot at full BS on ground targets, or did Skyfire/Interceptor get nerfed?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Big Willy Style posted:

Bucket bongs could be folded in some way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIprQXm7Nvw

:2bong: rip Creasey :2bong:

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

The one with the plume is Enkomi's head?

Yes this Enkomi's head.

SRM posted:

These own own own own. Your photo setup rules too.

Thanks, the photo setup is just on my kitchen table on a shiny perspex sheet with a sheet of paper behind it and my painting light directed on it.

Big Willy Style posted:

Matgash- those LotD are sweet as hell, what was your source for all of those plastic chaplain heads?

Cheers, I got most of them from this ebay seller http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/the-bitz-store?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2754

Fix posted:

Aw, yeah, Matgash is back, wreckin up the place! Great poo poo, man!

Lost my painting mojo for quite a while but finally found it a couple of months ago, here a bonus pic just for you ;)

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Matgash posted:

They look great! The flames are super easy aren't they? I was really happy with how they came out when I did them - yours look great! Love the Chaplain heads!

Hey do you mind if I share these on The Independent Characters Facebook page?

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 16, 2014

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Direwolf posted:

Might be worth it to wait a bit for the IA13 book to give you more options. Having 12"-range dirge casters on your transports can make charging a lot safer, and the hellbrute-cum-Daemon-Prince is fluffy for a khornate army.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf1HvHq43mw

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Direwolf posted:

The Maulerfiend kit does allow for a decent amount of reposing, but you can't really be blamed for wanting more diversity in your army. If you're running a full-on Khorne army you're actually in a pretty good place, though- a Chaos Lord of Khorne with Juggernaut and Axe of Fury, three Maulerfiends, and three units of Bikes/Spawn (or two plus Heldrake, if you really wanna use that) plus some form of troop support (Cultists for cheapness, Rhinos full of CSM or Berzerkers for theme/contribution) is actually a reasonably solid army. You can potentially back it up with Chaos Daemons as well, although they're not really needed.

Mango Polo posted:

I just got my hands on two vengeance batteries for 5€, woop. I have no idea how fortifications have changed in 7th though.
I was thinking of running them in my mechanicus list with quad icarus lascannons to cover my absolute lack of AA.
That's 150 points for two AV14 buildings (that GW doesn't seem to have cared enough to errata in HP values?) with 2 twin-linked BS2 lascannon shots each.

Can they still shoot at full BS on ground targets, or did Skyfire/Interceptor get nerfed?

If you actually want AA, an Aegis Line or Firestorm Redoubt is a much better option- the Vengeance is great as a way to add some really tough pie plates to an army for a pretty low price, but it's not great as an AA platform.

Having Skyfire now means that you will ALWAYS make Snap Shots at targets that aren't skimmers, flyers, or FMCs.

All buildings have an HP value based on their size. I could be wrong, but I am fairly sure that they are defined as small buildings, giving them 3HP each. Also note that fortifications are deployed just like any other unit now, so you'll place them at the same time as the rest of your army and they have to be inside your deployment zone.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

PeterWeller posted:

They ran tournies with percentages in 3E? I never played it without the newfangled force org that made everyone happy because you could drop two 5-man troop squads and fill the rest of your army with cool stuff.

Yeah they required both the force chart and your list to adhere to the percentage or you got dinged points. Army builder was pretty useful for that.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah they required both the force chart and your list to adhere to the percentage or you got dinged points. Army builder was pretty useful for that.

Ahh, okay cool. That wasn't a bad response to all the minimum troop lists I saw. I wonder if we will see something like that reemerge now that everything can score, or if the command benefits for troops will keep people bringing them in decent numbers.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Mango Polo posted:

I just picked up some vengeance batteries (for a lot more than 5 eurobucks!) and they actually came with a small pamphlet containing the rules. Base cost is 75 with the punisher Gatling cannon or a 10 pts upgrade to the battle cannon. You can purchase another battery in the same slot, 2 maximum. I don't see a way to get any lascannons on them and they do not have any skyfire or interceptor rules.

As for HPs, that is slightly less clear, in 6th ed it was defined as a small building so it got 3 HPs. They changed the wording in 7th for building size and the VWB dont actually fit into any category anymore RAW. So, probably just give them 3 HPs.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Problem with having something he has to man is Admech is (for the most part) low model count unless he's using tech thralls or the tech priest/servitor unit he might not have a dude to spare to fire it depending on how he runs it. (I usually have my magos with my destructors) Plus a macrotek magos lets him have two fortification slots which sounds kind of hilarious with the batteries.

VVVV that was my point with aegis quad gun vs the automated guns, sorry I wasn't clearer about that.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 16, 2014

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Hencoe posted:

Problem with having something he has to man is Admech is (for the most part) low model count unless he's using tech thralls or the tech priest/servitor unit he might not have a dude to spare to fire it depending on how he runs it. (I usually have my magos with my destructors) Plus a macrotek magos lets him have two fortification slots which sounds kind of hilarious with the batteries.

VWB have automated fire, so you dont need to have anyone fire them, but they are BS 2, so they will miss all the time. At least with they weapon choices being either 20 shots or a large blast you will probably hit something.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Where's this fella from: he's not in the latest SM codex and i don't have the older ones with me right now

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!

Ghost Hand posted:

They look great! The flames are super easy aren't they? I was really happy with how they came out when I did them - yours look great! Love the Chaplain heads!

Hey do you mind if I share these on The Independent Characters Facebook page?

Yeah flames were nice and easy to do,cheers for the guide :)

Yep feel free to share them.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Noticed two funny typos in my little red 30k book:

-Quad Mortars now have the same weapon profile as the Achilles Alpha Quad Mortars- meaning they get to fire x4 strength 8 small blasts with armor bane in addition to the usual strength 7 AP4 stuff
-They copy pasted the wrong 'command vehicle' entry into the armory, meaning the rules for command tanks isn't actually in the little red book

:psyduck:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Frobbe posted:

Where's this fella from: he's not in the latest SM codex and i don't have the older ones with me right now

The body looks like it might be an old metal techmarine? Can't really tell what's going on with his right arm though. If you have any other shots of it, especially the detal on the face/chest and the right (non-BP) arm that could help.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
Did someone say Vengeance weapons batteries?!?! Here is a conversion I am working on. I stole the idea from a pic I saw on reddit a few weeks ago:

but I wanted to take it a step further:

The components are: A set of VWB, the awesome secret weapons miniatures gothic power generator, and these LED kits.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Frobbe posted:

That's a jump pack tech marine model from a blood Angels command box released a decade ago. Came with unique apothecary and sarg too.

Pretty sure it had jump packs but they may have all just been running

He had an axe that looks like got put on another model you got in that batch

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 16, 2014

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

ZachAttack posted:

Did someone say Vengeance weapons batteries?!?! Here is a conversion I am working on. I stole the idea from a pic I saw on reddit a few weeks ago:

but I wanted to take it a step further:

The components are: A set of VWB, the awesome secret weapons miniatures gothic power generator, and these LED kits.

This owns! How bright is it, exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

LingcodKilla posted:

That's a jump pack tech marine model from a blood Angels command box released a decade ago. Came with unique apothecary and sarg too.

Pretty sure it had jump packs but they may have all just been running

He had an axe that looks like got put on another model you got in that batch

i was wondering about that axe, i may have to restore him, even though i'm fairly sure no rules exist for jump pack techmarines as of right now

• Locked thread