Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

darealkooky posted:

remember when kira needed to constantly pull powers out of his butthole because he gets turned into paste every single time he's within 10 feet of a protagonist?

remember when kira was nearly defeated by a 10 year old boy with no superpowers, a mentally deficient midget and a dead housecat that can't move?

remember when kira blew up his own father because he somehow confused his geatric father he loves dearly with a highschool boy putting on a voice?

remember when kira got a power that should've made him invincible but instead he got run over by a goddamn ambulance of all things?

remember when kira only killed a character that everyone hates and who was introduced right before he dies?

remember when kira was so stupid that he thought that being a tall blonde haired man wouldn't get in the way of him avoiding notice when he lives in a loving rural japanese town where nobody for miles even kinda looks like that?

I disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

darealkooky posted:

remember when kira got a power that should've made him invincible but instead he got run over by a goddamn ambulance of all things?

remember when kira only killed a character that everyone hates and who was introduced right before he dies?

Yes I remember how dramatic irony works. And you best not be talking poo poo about Shigechi. He was a little weird and maybe not all there, but he was a pretty cool guy all things considered.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Shigechi was an annoying weirdo, but he was supposed to be and his death was bizarrely effecting.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Shigechi was an annoying weirdo, but he was supposed to be and his death was bizarrely effecting.

Almost everyone in Morihoh is an annoying weirdo. He was just a dumb kid who wanted to make friends. Poor kid didn't even do anything wrong, just got into a silly friend slap fight with Josuke and THE HAND.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

CodfishCartographer posted:

There's actually a shitload of these for various stand powers. If nobody else posts them by the time I get home tonight I'll dump some of them.

Do it, I only found that one posted randomly in another thread.

:allears:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
How can you not love Shigechi?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Almost everyone in Morihoh is an annoying weirdo. He was just a dumb kid who wanted to make friends. Poor kid didn't even do anything wrong, just got into a silly friend slap fight with Josuke and THE HAND.

And everyone would over lottery winnings.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Broseph Brostar posted:

How can you not love Shigechi?

It's weird how he looks huge in that panel yet in other artwork he looks barely taller than Koichi.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Shigechi redeemed himself for me when his first priority after getting half of his face blown away was to try to protect his family from Kira. :unsmith:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Soylentbits posted:

And everyone would over lottery winnings.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
when I called him a character everyone hates I meant in the story

it's weird how josuke and okuyasu don't really like him at all (they feel a little sorry for him but then he turns into an rear end in a top hat) but then he blows up and josuke keeps going on about how he died like they were bros for years every time kira gets mentioned

okuyasu should've stayed dead :colbert:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

darealkooky posted:

I'll loving cut you

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

darealkooky posted:

I'd tell you to say that to my face, but it looks like you're gonna be talking to THE HAND.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

darealkooky posted:

what the

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

darealkooky posted:

You better be trolling :toughguy:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

darealkooky posted:

when I called him a character everyone hates I meant in the story

it's weird how josuke and okuyasu don't really like him at all (they feel a little sorry for him but then he turns into an rear end in a top hat) but then he blows up and josuke keeps going on about how he died like they were bros for years every time kira gets mentioned

Except they all became friends at thdae end of his arc? Like the entire arc before he dies is Josuke and Okuyasu being buddies with him and hanging out with him. It's kind of a THING in this Part of JoJo where the protagonists befriend everyone they fight that isn't a massive loving dick.

And even the dicks befriend Koichi cause he's just such a nice guy. Part 4 of JoJo is basically JoJo: Goku's Sleepy Summer Town.

darealkooky posted:

Oh you go to hell.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Shigechi could probably have used some more screen time, but then again I dunno how you can top coupons for days.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Most importantly Harvest was the cutest Stand.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Blockhouse posted:

Most importantly Harvest was the cutest Stand.

It was also strangely powerful. A massive army of tiny Stands which are strong enough in a group to pick people apart, but weak enough alone that fighting the Stand does nothing to the user. Kira was lucky he could hit Shigechi directly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

red plastic cup posted:

Was.. Was DIO stopping time, then walking down the steps to physically pick up Polnareff, carrying him down a step, then running back up to the top of the stairs to resume his gloating smirk?

Well, he could've just had The World place him down the stairs, I suppose.

But yeah, pretty much.

DIO is nothing if not theatric.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I wish we had one of those gifs for the senator in the car, it would make another nice loop.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Alright, I'm finally recording an audiobook of Purple Haze Feedback like I promised. Here's a first draft of the prologue and first chapter: http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/95603533/file.html Also included is a pdf of the book. gently caress tha police.

So... can the thread give me some advice here? I know I sound like Solid Snake, and I have a problem with breathing in too loudly between sentences and not being consistent with anything. But I did my best to approximate the sound effects, gibberish shouting, and a young girl singing. I am a total noob to voiceovers, so please tell me where I need to improve, especially if I got any Italian pronunciation wrong. I'll re-record this bit if need be until it's good. Should I take this to the voice actor thread in Creative Convention?

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I wish we had one of those gifs for the senator in the car, it would make another nice loop.

I could swear I've seen something like this, though it wasn't by the same person. I remember it being a lot more detailed style.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MelvinBison posted:

I'd tell you to say that to my face, but it looks like you're gonna be talking to THE HAND.
I really wanted to see more of THE HAND in actual use but I'm guessing that he suffered from the same problem Purple Haze had, literally being the most broken stand in the group. If Araki hadn't written Okayasu like such a simpleton he would have wrecked every antagonist in the series.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Alright, time for jojogifs.

And my personal favorite:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

This made me laugh harder than it should have.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

This thread is busier so I'll ask in here, are there gifs of the end of Lovers part 2 where star platinum punches steely dan for like a solid 15 seconds from different camera angles

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've seen those JoJo ball kicks a million times, but I never noticed YES I AM on Magician's Red until now.

I sincerely doubt you're going to find a .gif of the entire Steely Dan ORAORAORA in a high quality and decent resolution. It'd be a huge filsize. There's certainly a .webM out there, but I don't save those, and I'm pretty sure it's up on YouTube.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

This thread is busier so I'll ask in here, are there gifs of the end of Lovers part 2 where star platinum punches steely dan for like a solid 15 seconds from different camera angles

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

That's missing the best part where he does an uppercut to reset the combo and take a quick breather before going right back in with more.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Okay, these ones are giving me trouble. First one is Green Baby, I guess. No clue about the second one... Would've guessed Tusk Lv.4, but we had that one already.

Let's see here... The World, Killer Queen, no clue, King Crimson and Mandom?

These are surprisingly fun!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

These are all pretty great, but what they're really doing is reminding me to reread All of Jojo Again.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

CodfishCartographer posted:

And my personal favorite:

Took me a bit to get this one. :allears:

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Torquemadras posted:

Okay, these ones are giving me trouble. First one is Green Baby, I guess. No clue about the second one... Would've guessed Tusk Lv.4, but we had that one already.

Gold Experience Requiem perhaps?

quote:

Let's see here... The World, Killer Queen, no clue, King Crimson and Mandom?

These are surprisingly fun!

The third one is Bite the Dust.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

BlitzBlast posted:

Took me a bit to get this one. :allears:

Stairway to Heaven?

TheCornKing
Jan 7, 2013
I always have this in case I need to experience the feeling of karmic justice

http://a.pomf.se/mnhacy.webm

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

24 seconds of ORAORAORAORAORA is great, but just wait until we get to the 6 pages of MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA.

It surely has to clock in at a minute, at least. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Is that Part 3 or 5?

• Locked thread