Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Question: How come I can't purchase XCOM: Enemy Within on its own on Steam?

I noticed this a couple days ago. Some of my non-Canadian friends have an option to buy it. I do not. The only option I'm given is to buy a bundle of it + the base game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Does IGN still have Endless Legend keys available? Don't want to subscribe and then not get a key.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Rhaegar posted:

Does IGN still have Endless Legend keys available? Don't want to subscribe and then not get a key.

I subscribed less than 12 hours ago and got one.

e: also I think because it's the free game of the month I'd hope even if they run out again they'll get more a third time

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

I noticed this a couple days ago. Some of my non-Canadian friends have an option to buy it. I do not. The only option I'm given is to buy a bundle of it + the base game.

No idea, but right now the XCOM complete pack is cheaper than Enemy Within on its own.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Morter posted:

Is the DLC for Dont' Starve a "necessary" one? I snagged it some months ago but, stupid me, never went and played it. I'll install it now, but how worth it is the DLC to grab, impulsively?

Don't starve is one of the best games I've played in the last couple of years. The only game I've played more is Civ V. It's probably best to start with the original game and then when you've played it for a bit (i.e. maybe 10-15 games, at least 5 of which you've survived a winter in?) add the dlc. The DLC makes it harder but also adds some pretty cool things that ... uhm. make it easier in some ways. The thing is, there's so much to do and craft that I'd play it without the RoG dlc first.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Rhaegar posted:

For anyone wondering I just subscribed and got the key for Endless Legends. I decided to subscribe for a year because at $2.50/month it looks like good value considering the games given out in the past.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Peewi posted:

No idea, but right now the XCOM complete pack is cheaper than Enemy Within on its own.

...but all I need is Enemy Within. :(

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kaubocks posted:

who cares, if it's cheaper as a bundle just get it that way

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

If EW is all you need and the bundle is cheaper than EW alone, buy the bundle and the vanilla copy will vanish into the ether at no loss to you.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Does a direct link work?

For what it's worth I see EW standalone as cheaper ($9.89) than the complete bundle ($12.49).

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Awesome! posted:

who cares, if it's cheaper as a bundle just get it that way

I care because it's even cheaper for the people who can buy it individually????

Male Man posted:

Does a direct link work?

For what it's worth I see EW standalone as cheaper ($9.89) than the complete bundle ($12.49).

Nope. The only option I have is to buy the whole bundle for ~$14.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Peewi posted:

Orv posted:

If EW is all you need and the bundle is cheaper than EW alone, buy the bundle and the vanilla copy will vanish into the ether at no loss to you.

Are you guys looking at this from another region or something? For the US, Enemy Unknown is $7.50, Enemy Within is $9.89, and Complete is $12.49.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was just going off what Peewi said, so I assume he must be.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Steam seems to be completely overwhelmed right now. Maybe having 10 games for a free weekend was a bad idea

Rage McDougal
Jul 28, 2013

Zombie Samurai posted:

Are you guys looking at this from another region or something? For the US, Enemy Unknown is $7.50, Enemy Within is $9.89, and Complete is $12.49.

In the UK it's Enemy Within for £6.59 and XCom Complete (including Enemy Within) for £6.24.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Palpek posted:

Also seriously more people should be playing Alien: Isolation.

I hope that gum I like comes back into style because your suggestion and the 25% off coupon at GMG convinced me to buy this thing.

I would have paid full price if you could choose your favourite Alien character because then I would finally fulfill my dream of being a video game version of Harry Dean Stanton.

Ultraviper
Jul 26, 2007

I won the 100th Concurrent WOL Jabber Award and All I Got Was This Lousy Title!

AlmightyBob posted:

Steam seems to be completely overwhelmed right now. Maybe having 10 games for a free weekend was a bad idea

Seems to be doing fine to me. Community/friends is up, and my downloads are going at full speed. Full speed for me is only 1.5 MB/s but still.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Ultraviper posted:

Seems to be doing fine to me. Community/friends is up, and my downloads are going at full speed. Full speed for me is only 1.5 MB/s but still.

Clicking on any of the "Play Now" links just refreshes the page for me

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Rhaegar posted:

For anyone wondering I just subscribed and got the key for Endless Legends. I decided to subscribe for a year because at $2.50/month it looks like good value considering the games given out in the past.

Is there a list of previous games from ign prime? Curious about the general quality of monthly stuff.

Ultraviper
Jul 26, 2007

I won the 100th Concurrent WOL Jabber Award and All I Got Was This Lousy Title!

AlmightyBob posted:

Clicking on any of the "Play Now" links just refreshes the page for me

Restart steam. The games appear in your library, no need to go to the store pages.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Ultraviper posted:

Restart steam. The games appear in your library, no need to go to the store pages.

Yeah I just figured that out

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Kaubocks posted:

Oh so it's a Canadian thing, was wondering what was going. Thanks Steam and your dumb new pricing.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Kaubocks posted:

I care because it's even cheaper for the people who can buy it individually????

Nope. The only option I have is to buy the whole bundle for ~$14.

Checked the Canadian store too, EW isn't sold there, just the bundle.

If you are missing the other DLC, consider it a consolation prize if you don't have it. Even Slingshot has extra cool headgear and armour for customization. Barring that and you don't want to pay out the nose for EW, you might want to wait for GMG or someone else to do a 2K sale.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Sober posted:

Checked the Canadian store too, EW isn't sold there, just the bundle.

If you are missing the other DLC, consider it a consolation prize if you don't have it. Even Slingshot has extra cool headgear and armour for customization. Barring that and you don't want to pay out the nose for EW, you might want to wait for GMG or someone else to do a 2K sale.
Well right now since GMG gave away Enemy Unknown recently, they're also giving away super easy to get 80% off Enemy Within coupons which makes it a bit cheaper than Steam at the moment.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

InfiniteZero posted:

I hope that gum I like comes back into style because your suggestion and the 25% off coupon at GMG convinced me to buy this thing.

I would have paid full price if you could choose your favourite Alien character because then I would finally fulfill my dream of being a video game version of Harry Dean Stanton.
You know this is a thing, right?

Crew Expandable DLC. "Brett and Kane are dead; alongside Ash and Lambert, it is now down to you as Dallas, Parker or Ellen Ripley, to find a way to isolate the Alien and overcome the terror that confronts them."

Brett is sadly already dead but you still have 3 crew members to choose from.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yeah, I've got the other DLC-- just want EW. I'm looking to get one of those GMG/Playfire 80% off coupons, I just wanted to ask out of curiosity why it wouldn't be up on the store. Turns out it's a region thing.

Then people are jumping down my throat being all "nobody cares, just pay more". :argh:

Orv
May 4, 2011
That wasn't what I was saying! :smith:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kaubocks posted:

Then people are jumping down my throat being all "nobody cares, just pay more". :argh:
we said that because the other guy said the bundle was cheaper than the dlc alone which means buying the bundle would make more sense

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Alright, alright, sorry. The impression I got was you guys were saying "the bundle is cheaper than EW is normally so it's cheaper anyway who cares". I can see where it all came from now.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Drakes posted:

Is there a list of previous games from ign prime? Curious about the general quality of monthly stuff.

This is what I found:

October 2014: Endless Legend
September 2014: Friday Night at Freddy's (although I still go this when I just subscribed)
August 2014: Walking Dead Season 2 (sad that I missed this)
July 2014: Skullgirls

Before that I'm not so sure.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Rhaegar posted:

This is what I found:

October 2014: Endless Legend
September 2014: Friday Night at Freddy's (although I still go this when I just subscribed)
August 2014: Walking Dead Season 2 (sad that I missed this)
July 2014: Skullgirls

Before that I'm not so sure.

From my emails I saved

February 2014 - Bleed/Glare
March 2014 - Surgeon Simulator 2013

And a ton of betas

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Is Company of Heroes 2 any good?

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
Well, this is something I really didn't expect to see, it's from my Inbox...

Sorry if it's been talked about before. I wonder why they're changing back to this brand.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Oh boy I can't wait to play "School Shooting, The Game" in 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrX7G-1xPLs

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Ragequit posted:

This is gonna be awesome.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ragequit posted:

Postal 3 is looking great.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Voyager I posted:

Is Company of Heroes 2 any good?

The campaign storyline is offensive to the point even I took offense to it ( as a guy who grew up in Poland, and enjoys bad but silly storylines like Enemy at the Gates/most CoD campaigns. Like it outright pushes the Nazi's as the good guys for fighting the Russians, when you are the Russians. ), and the balance is terrible in multiplayer.

If you just want another Company of Heroes game though, and want to send dudes to scripted deaths in scripted fights over WW2, it's campaign is alright gameplaywise. I'd honestly say wait until Ardennes Assault launches next month though, since that will be standalone, and seems to fix all the major issues Company of Heroes 2 ran into.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Ragequit posted:

Oh hey, 'Next-Gen' Postal 1.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Palpek posted:

Brett is sadly already dead but you still have 3 crew members to choose from.

No Harry Dean, I will just have to hold out for Paris, Texas: The Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A smug sociopath
Feb 13, 2012

Unironically alpha.

Ragequit posted:

This but unironically. Postal 1 was underrated.

• Locked thread