Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Bucket Joneses posted:

Can someone who bit the bullet and re-purchased the "new" GoodReader tell me if it's at all worth it?

I mostly just use it to sync my KeePass database and the occasional file from my Dropbox and FTP accounts.

If there is significant improvement over the original app's UI, I'd consider buying it again but if it's just the same clusterfuck of "What does THIS button do??" then I'll pass.
Can't you do that stuff with Readdle Documents (free)? If you don't need the fancy PDF editing stuff and just want some basic file management it should do the trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

japtor posted:

Can't you do that stuff with Readdle Documents (free)? If you don't need the fancy PDF editing stuff and just want some basic file management it should do the trick.

Ooh, I wasn't aware of this. If it's as pleasant to use as PDF Expert, which they also make, it's definitely worth checking out.

Handy link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-5-fast-pdf-reader/id364901807?mt=8

Aside: How the hell is this free?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What's a good game that's quick to play like in 1-5 minute sessions (typically these are timers)? I've played almost all of the iterations of Tiny Tower, Clash of Clans, Disco Zoo etc.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
iSSH crashes when SSHing into my Mac over wifi on my new 5S when it worked fine on my 5.
Is there a way I can extra a crash log or similar so I can contact the dev about it?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

cbirdsong posted:

Ooh, I wasn't aware of this. If it's as pleasant to use as PDF Expert, which they also make, it's definitely worth checking out.

Handy link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-5-fast-pdf-reader/id364901807?mt=8

Aside: How the hell is this free?
Rhetorical question I assume but I'll bite, it probably pays off by sucking people into buying their other apps. And a chunk of those other apps (Documents, PDF Expert, the printer app, and the PDF converter app) seem mostly the same besides whatever key feature so they're probably getting the most bang for their development buck.

obi_ant posted:

What's a good game that's quick to play like in 1-5 minute sessions (typically these are timers)? I've played almost all of the iterations of Tiny Tower, Clash of Clans, Disco Zoo etc.
There's a games thread somewhere, but for quick games I'd suggest Super Hexagon and Super Gravitron, the latter is free! Dodonpachi Maximum should work too (if it still works), each level should be under 5 minutes I think.

~Coxy posted:

iSSH crashes when SSHing into my Mac over wifi on my new 5S when it worked fine on my 5.
Is there a way I can extra a crash log or similar so I can contact the dev about it?
There's logs somewhere in Settings -> General I think.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I asked yesterday but figured I'd ask once more.

Loving Accompli but have no idea what the drat RSVP button is doing on emails that have calendar invites.

Is it updating my Google calendar? (it's not, should it be?)

Is it informing the person who invited me?

Is it just not working?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

obi_ant posted:

94 seconds

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

obi_ant posted:

Helsing's Fire, best game on the iphone.

http://appshopper.com/games/helsings-fire
http://appshopper.com/games/helsings-fire-lite

I've been going nuts all over picross games lately, too. Conceptis makes the best implementation I've seen.

http://appshopper.com/games/conceptis-pic-a-pix

Seven Little Words is fantastic. Like a crossword puzzle without the grids.

http://appshopper.com/games/7-little-words

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

~Coxy posted:

You might have a hard time submitting it to the Dev since issh disappeared from the App Store and http://www.zinger-soft.com doesn't load anymore.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Skype finally got updated for native iPhone 6 and 6+ resolution which reminds me how most of my apps are still not setup for the new phones.

Also how terrible they look when the phone switches to grainy blown up screens.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I can't believe facebook wasn't one of the first apps out supporting the 6/6+. I'm just assuming it will be part of their update next Tuesday.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Does https://www.theverge.com get stuck in a "this web page has errors and will reload" loop on anyone elses iPad like it does mine? Retina Mini with the latest iOS 8

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

The Dave posted:

I can't believe facebook wasn't one of the first apps out supporting the 6/6+. I'm just assuming it will be part of their update next Tuesday.

Yeah, it's one of my last non updated apps and it looks insanely terrible. :rolleyes:

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.

Bob Morales posted:

Does https://www.theverge.com get stuck in a "this web page has errors and will reload" loop on anyone elses iPad like it does mine? Retina Mini with the latest iOS 8

Yea something is up with it. Does this on my iPad Air and iPhone 6.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yeah, it's one of my last non updated apps and it looks insanely terrible. :rolleyes:

Lucky you.

Yelp, Facebook, AP News, WhatsApp, Google Drive, and countless others for me.

Big offenders are LastPass and Authy which have already been updated for iOS 8 and Touch ID but not native iPhone 6 and 6+.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

xilni posted:

Lucky you.

Yelp, Facebook, AP News, WhatsApp, Google Drive, and countless others for me.

Big offenders are LastPass and Authy which have already been updated for iOS 8 and Touch ID but not native iPhone 6 and 6+.

Well, yeah Yelp and a few others but I should have stated out of the ones I use often.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Good news to whoever liked the simple weather widget I designed: I have sold the rights to an app developer and am working with him to figure out what can be added to make it the best weather widget on iOS.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The Dave posted:

Good news to whoever liked the simple weather widget I designed: I have sold the rights to an app developer and am working with him to figure out what can be added to make it the best weather widget on iOS.

The Widget layout is an important step. Sourcing data is the second. I'm totally ignorant of how this stuff works but can you license/use WeatherUnderground's source?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I asked before but I'll ask again with IOS widgets can you not give the option to have several different widget types? I remember in android widgets were incredibly customizable.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

The Dave posted:

Awesome stuff! The only thing I'd suggest from your mockup earlier would be to have the sun in yellow, rain in blue, etc. I always find the colour placement to be just as important for at-a-glance weather checks as the shapes themselves.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Feenix posted:

The Widget layout is an important step. Sourcing data is the second. I'm totally ignorant of how this stuff works but can you license/use WeatherUnderground's source?

Unfortunately that's out of my hands.

Question Mark Mound posted:

Awesome stuff! The only thing I'd suggest from your mockup earlier would be to have the sun in yellow, rain in blue, etc. I always find the colour placement to be just as important for at-a-glance weather checks as the shapes themselves.

I'm going to be suggesting the option to have colored / white (well that just sounds awful after typing it) icons in the widget settings.

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Facebook and YouTube just got updated for the iPhone 6, about time. Check your updates.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The Dave posted:

I just skimmed this whole thread (somehow I didn't even notice that the old thread had been closed down) and your mockup is exactly what I've wanted out of a weather widget, so this is the best news I've heard all day.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

The Dave posted:

Unfortunately that's out of my hands.

I hope it won't be OpenWeatherMap. :(

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Yeah nice widgets are nice but there's only one website that offers up good local weather data.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Zigmidge posted:

Yeah nice widgets are nice but there's only one website that offers up good local weather data.

Yeah Weather Underground is awesome. The nearest WU weather station is literally across the street from my house. Doesn't get any better than that. Even forecast.io which is supposed to be hyper local can't beat WU for me.

Unfortunately a lot of devs choose OpenWeatherMap because it's free. And then of course, you get what you pay for...

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I hope I get top dollar because that's what I'll pay for this widget.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I just realized not all of my Facebook birthdays show in my iOS calendar. Does this happen to anyone else?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Is there anything cheapish that will use a heart rate monitor to analyze my sleep?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Tsyni posted:

Is there anything cheapish that will use a heart rate monitor to analyze my sleep?

Not quite sure what your after but motionx 24 is pretty great.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I've tried using it and can't seem to get the calibration to work at all. Is there a knack for getting it to beep properly when I roll over?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I've used a similar program, but what I'm really looking for is something that will connect to a Bluetooth heart rate monitor.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Best calendar app for google cal? I use calenmob but sometimes the colored dots don't appear.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

rear end Catchcum posted:

Best calendar app for google cal? I use calenmob but sometimes the colored dots don't appear.

Fantastical is my Calendar app of choice. Syncs with GCalendar like a charm.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

ScarletBrother posted:

Fantastical is my Calendar app of choice. Syncs with GCalendar like a charm.

Wow! Fantastical is...fantastic! Thank you!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Calvetica is also cool, like it better than the first Fantastical mainly for how you enter/adjust times(haven't gotten the second one though).

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

I like CCal because you can make weekends a different colour, and it displays event names in month view rather than dots.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really like Sunrise as far as calendars go.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Instagram finally got updated for 6/6+ and it's pretty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The next update from this thread better be about that weather widget being released or I'm going to gently caress poo poo up.