Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Hydrocodone posted:

I just checked an old external drive and found some gifs I made a few years ago. I made these for a GBS thread about Canadian elections. I had then, and still do not have, any idea who these people are. I just did what the motions suggested to me.

That last one is loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
"The Slo-Mo Guys" on YouTube are pretty entertaining.

Also, here's what movie theaters used to play!

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

I could stare at Virginia Madsen all day :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh god, I can hear the narration. Know now that you should get out of my head. GET OUT OF MY HEAD! :negative:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
So there was an attempt to make Who Framed Roger Rabbit back in 1983 that never made it past pre-production, but it came along far enough for test animation to be done:

More old movie theater snipes.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Red Green Canadas greatest contribution to society.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

jmistajay posted:

Or maybe it's that the UI is rendered and then applied to a 2D plane that's actually placed in the world right in front of the camera? That seems a little silly.
I'm reminded of how the Playstation version of Symphony of the Night handled all the 2D sprite stuff the system wasn't really suited to: rendered the whole screen on a texture, then used that texture on a screen-filling polygon. (Transparency stuff was then layered on.) The reason the Saturn remake was kind of crap is that, rather than actually use the Saturn's much superior 2D sprite stuff, they just emulated the Playstation's method, which meant it suffered from the Saturn's inferior 3D hardware (axing transparencies and generally reducing performance).

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Haruharuharuko posted:

Red Green Canadas greatest contribution to society.

If women don't find ya handsome, they can at least find ya handy!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Get a priest! :stare:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

S/He's gonna be a soccer player.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Frankly, these sorts of images make me suspect that active babies are what inspired the whole "demonic pregnancy" horror subsubgenre in the first place.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

King Vidiot posted:

Sure sucks that you were forced against your will to click on that rad site.

Yeah, it is. For the record I wasn't talking about the content but the system of delivery. Tumblr contains a shitload of cool stuff but no sources whatsoever.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Radicals
Dec 16, 2005

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Doctor Bishop posted:

Frankly, these sorts of images make me suspect that active babies are what inspired the whole "demonic pregnancy" horror subsubgenre in the first place.

Is this from that horrifying Genesis music vid?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Scarf posted:

Looks more like a Spitting Image puppet.

edit: Looking it up on Wikipedia, it seems like they used the Spitting Image puppets for the Genesis music vid.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Scarf posted:

Same company did it. It's from Spitting Image's "1987 Movie Awards".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VwrTPsqph8

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Doctor Bishop posted:

I can't speak on that, but I know that sleep paralysis is the source of a lot of possession/alien abduction stories.

Sleep paralysis is FREAKY AS gently caress, so I can understand looking to the supernatural for an explanation. You can't move, you're conscious (sort of...) but it's still pretty common to hallucinate/have a 'waking dream" that someone/something is in the room with you, often times on top of you, pressing on your chest or choking you, keeping you from breathing or moving.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3_HHZFi0As

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

The Audience is Now Deaf.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Opal posted:

Yeah, it is. For the record I wasn't talking about the content but the system of delivery. Tumblr contains a shitload of cool stuff but no sources whatsoever.

Well that's more the fault of the individual page curators than tumblr itself. Tumblr isn't some monolithic entity, it's a bunch of people posting (or re-posting) cool stuff that they like.

That guy made a bunch of cool gifs, didn't feel like writing the sources. It's out-of-context visual stimulation, you're not meant to go out and watch every single one of these anime movies or cyberpunk thrillers.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

One of the best villains, next to Kefka.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

First Tube
Apr 25, 2010

From this day on I'd have to fight these forces of darkness and deal with the burden of day to day admin.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Canadas greatest contribution to society.

Not enough drinking to be Canada's greatest.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Welcome to the history of Japan.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's a trick. Get an axe. :black101:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ofaloaf posted:

Welcome to the history of Japan.

This is giving me a bit of a Galo Sengen vibe, which means I need to see this. Source?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This is giving me a bit of a Galo Sengen vibe, which means I need to see this. Source?

Zamagi / Shocking Black

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Zyntherius
Jul 25, 2014

Personal favourite

I can hear the accent

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

First Tube posted:

Not enough drinking to be Canada's greatest.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Zyntherius posted:

I can hear the accent

So what's this from?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The last samurai maybe

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

King Vidiot posted:

Well that's more the fault of the individual page curators than tumblr itself. Tumblr isn't some monolithic entity, it's a bunch of people posting (or re-posting) cool stuff that they like.

That guy made a bunch of cool gifs, didn't feel like writing the sources. It's out-of-context visual stimulation, you're not meant to go out and watch every single one of these anime movies or cyberpunk thrillers.

Sorry but who are you to say how people should consume media? And if you can't see that tumblr as a whole is generally pretty poor on sources then I don't know what to tell you.

With that being said, here are some cool gifs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

• Locked thread