Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen
What are the pro config edits on the PC? I want to get the debug console / FPS display back, and skipping all the logo movies wouldn't hurt either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah most of the writing was done by the Australian writers and it shows in the type of humour.

You mean Burch isn't the source of all the worlds evils? :(

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Okay, playing as claptrap and I'm probably dumb, but I can't see the torgue fiesta field anywhere, how do you get that skill?

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

5er posted:

I really want to like Nisha's super, but it has this irritating tendency to jump to targets spastically, and relentlessly fixate on targets occluded by the environment.

Kragons also suck to fight. They're just tedious and bland and ubiquitous.

Kragons are -awesome- to fight if you have a buttstomp that does an element they aren't resistant to. Just buttstomp all day long.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Okay, playing as claptrap and I'm probably dumb, but I can't see the torgue fiesta field anywhere, how do you get that skill?

It's in the left tree about halfway down.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

pokecapn posted:

What are the pro config edits on the PC? I want to get the debug console / FPS display back, and skipping all the logo movies wouldn't hurt either.

Here's how to disable the intro movies: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=326554094

• Right click the game in your Steam Library

• Click "Properties"

• Click the "Set Launch Options" button

• Type the following and then click the OK button: -NoLauncher -NoStartupMovies

• Press the "Close" button

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 21, 2014

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

AHungryRobot posted:

Good news guys, there is a working CE table for item rarity. Takes a bit of work to get going but it exists at least. First, download the table here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_f11g1DlLhDc2RvVEhpZ2cyNmM&usp=sharing

I'm using the one with .ct on the end, not sure if there's any difference. Once you've got the table, follow this guy's instructions:

The changes don't take effect immediately so don't be disheartened if you don't notice anything right away. I'm getting purples out the rear end now.

Is this all? No need to touch any of the checkboxes in the table on the main CT window?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
few questions for you guys:

How many legs have ya'll gotten? I havne't gotten any yet, lvl 19 just finished the first space station mission(s). seems weird.

and also, does anyone know if there is a way in an ini file somewhere to turn off gravity effects on loot? I can't tell you how many times poo poo has just flew off cliffs or all over an arena, it's loving amazingly annoying. driving me bonkers.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
2nd dumb question, is there a main mission quest to get the grinder working, or is it a side quest?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

2nd dumb question, is there a main mission quest to get the grinder working, or is it a side quest?

It's an optional mission given out by Jenny Springs towards the beginning of the game (I think it becomes available around the time you physically meet the Meriff).

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So why was this game unlocked last night for some american goons and earlier for other american goons? I'm confused as to why my puerto rican friends have a european release date.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Zeus' Wrath in Athena's maelstrom tree is building an easy 50+ stacks per target hit. And I have it with the capstone skill from her shield tree :stare:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So for Claptrap self-heals, aside from his excellent Action Skill that fully regenerates himself, what skill is better for healing, Maniacal Laughter or the on-kills one?

I'm thinking Maniacal Laughter is better for bosses, and for teamwork, but...

Also, does his All The Things Are Awesome improve everyone in the team?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why not both? v:shobon:v

Maniacal Laughter only triggers on dot effects so it's slightly less useful than just a natural "heals on kill", and the shield reduction is definitely minor at best.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
First off thanks to Kragger99 for a copy of this. He is truly a man among goons.

This game is good in that it is Borderlands 2 in space, and I overall liked Borderlands 2 despite having a lot of issues with well, the same things everybody has issues with, I don't really need to rehash them. I'm not really all that far in, but to echo what a few other people have said the plot and characters feel lacking in comparison to BL2 (which isn't good since there were plenty of issues there), and the gameplay feels basically unchanged which doesn't make me look forward to late game.

The game is more glitchy for me than BL2 ever was though. Granted I got BL2 last winter sale and this one is brand new, but I've seen a lot of characters/enemies walking through floors and walls, ran into a few places on the ground were a tiny edge I should just walk over was instead an invisible wall, and even had a co-op claptrap get literally stuck wedged underneath a stairwell. Right now I'm stuck in the story mission Intelligences of an Artificial Persuasion, where it tells me to find the force field controls. I literally can't get to the waypoint it wants me to go to. I looked it up and apparently there is supposed to be a trigger where an npc talks and opens a door, but it just won't happen :(

anyway, add me to the steam group please and maybe I can find a goon to co-op with: http://steamcommunity.com/id/logan5_/

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Wilhelm's reroute power skill is awesome.

Oh, you almost killed me? That's cool, I'm just gonna completely regenerate my shields and become practically invincible for 5 seconds now. :getin:

Actually Wilhelm in general is the best, he's such a dick. He also sounds like Serious Sam pre-cybernetics.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Rokstar posted:

Wilhelm's reroute power skill is awesome.

Oh, you almost killed me? That's cool, I'm just gonna completely regenerate my shields and become practically invincible for 5 seconds now. :getin:

Actually Wilhelm in general is the best, he's such a dick. He also sounds like Serious Sam pre-cybernetics.

Wilhelm pretty much is Serious Sam mode considering the game's huge ammo stockpiles and his shoot-while-sprinting skill. :v:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
All of Wilhelm's trees seem great. Wolf fully buffed is at least as good as Deathtrap fully buffed is by himself. Then there's Saint.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

Tabletops posted:

How many legs have ya'll gotten? I havne't gotten any yet, lvl 19 just finished the first space station mission(s). seems weird.

Most of the characters have 2 legs, claptrap is the only one that doesn't have any. Wilhelm can get new ones though.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Tabletops posted:

and also, does anyone know if there is a way in an ini file somewhere to turn off gravity effects on loot? I can't tell you how many times poo poo has just flew off cliffs or all over an arena, it's loving amazingly annoying. driving me bonkers.

By level 16 I had found two and seen 2 in vending machines, one of which I could afford.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Lol, one of the power armor guys I had to kill to progress clipped under the floor, but I managed to hit him with a grenade and cause him to clip further under the world killing him.

Prize Chicken
Feb 21, 2007

Stumbled onto something while repeatedly looting Concordia/The Meriff's office for moon rocks. My current mission is 'Home Sweet Home', and my next step is to go to Helios. Moxxie unlocked the red chest over by the slot machines for her three items.

If I save and exit from The Meriff's office, the chest can be opened again. If I save and exit in Concordia, the chest is gone, Moxxie is back in the secret room in her overalls. I was able to get the chest back by going back to the Meriff's office to save/exit.

Probably not that useful in the long run, but it's a shortcut to grinding blues into purples, or re-rolling for best-results versions of her items (some of the shields are faster than others, for instance).

(PC version, your results may vary)

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The laser in that chest is amazing, wish you could get a level 50 version of it.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
I really like how they changed things so that being a few levels below enemies doesn't mean they're unstoppable monsters, and being a few levels above doesn't let you wipe out enemies easily. Also doing lots of sidequests doesn't make you hella overleveled. This game may not be a huge leap above Borderlands 2, but it's still in a great place.

Other great stuff:
Good chance of getting excellent gear from vending machines, and more of them.
The grinder.
Butt stomping.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
My favorite addition is the Stingray. My favorite vehicle in Unreal Tournament is the Manta, essentially the Stingray in BL 1.5. However, the controls in the Manta were more intuitive, hitting spacebar on the Manta caused you to jump, none of this F -> G stuff.

(The best part is, getting kills by squashing enemies in Unreal caused the announcer to shout out Pancake! and the Badass rank achievement is, sure enough, Pancake.)

Solartide fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 17, 2014

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
If you're just looking to farm space rocks, the turret calibration mission on THVM will start spitting out a never-ending stream of badass psycho midgets during the second half of the mission. Just lure them out of the room or whatever and kill them. It's decent for XP grinding as well.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Solartide posted:

My favorite addition is the Stingray. My favorite vehicle in Unreal Tournament is the Manta, essentially the Stingray in BL 1.5. However, the controls in the Manta were more intuitive, hitting spacebar on the Manta caused you to jump, none of this F -> G stuff.

(The best part is, getting kills by squashing enemies in Unreal caused the announcer to shout out Pancake! and the Badass rank achievement is, sure enough, Pancake.)

I get that F is your active ability, but I never understood why they decided to use it for the Vehicle's "ability" as well, it just feels so unnatural. That said, hell yea, the Manta was the best and I'm sad I can't properly goomba stomp space bandits with the Stingray.

Prize Chicken
Feb 21, 2007

I heard about using the calibration room like that shortly after I finished that mission. :( I had a decent amount of rocks by the end of that mission, but I took a bad gamble on the moonstone chest and ended up with a rocket launcher.

The one gun I'd love to have close to my level is the Torguemada. That thing saved my bacon for like 12 levels.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Is there no UVHM currently? Do all the quests you haven't started in THVM become level 50 after you beat the last boss?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I love Maelstrom spec. :toot:

Matrix-7
Apr 29, 2007

Hey, bro, fade into the shade! You're bad news - obituary column style!
Ok so I've just gotten to lvl 10 but I'm still pissing around with only 2 weapon slots, is that right? I haven't seen any quests to get an upgrade yet.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Matrix-7 posted:

Ok so I've just gotten to lvl 10 but I'm still pissing around with only 2 weapon slots, is that right? I haven't seen any quests to get an upgrade yet.

I think you get it after completing a rather long branch of the main quest. I believe it's 2 or 3 steps after you hit the main town.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Only giving you 2 slots to start off with again in the third game in the series was just mean. Like, there's not even any point to it. You could argue that it's for balance reasons so that you can't just hot-swap 4 super guns at the same time, but the game pauses when you go into your inventory so you can just keep some around in your inventory for that exact purpose!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I asked some pages back about any way to play split screen on PC, no one knew at the time. I found this "Splitplay" thing: https://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/864977025916708574/

You have to both rename the borderlands presequel.exe into "borderlands2.exe" and point the SplitPlay app to the different path for Willow.ini if it asks. It crashed a few times but I ultimately got it to work by futzing around.

It automatically launched two instances of BL:PS, set them to split horizontally as I specified, made two different profiles, and I was able to join the games together by pressing Back on the Xbox controllers and picking LAN Mode.

It worked astonishingly well except that even on a 970, the two instances of Low Phys-X just crushed the framerates (i.e. if both players were looking at a phys-x event the game turns into a slideshow, even when I set resolution and everything else to the lowest settings as well). Is there a way to disable Phys-X entirely?

Lord Yod
Jul 22, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Only giving you 2 slots to start off with again in the third game in the series was just mean. Like, there's not even any point to it. You could argue that it's for balance reasons so that you can't just hot-swap 4 super guns at the same time, but the game pauses when you go into your inventory so you can just keep some around in your inventory for that exact purpose!

Except it doesn't pause in multiplayer?

Regardless I agree, only having two weapon slots really sucks.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I've found one legendary and I'm pretty sure that it was a random drop. Running a boomtrap specced fragtrap using a sapper COM and a Bomber Oz kit.

Found a Bonus Package. :torgue: :getin:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lord Yod posted:

Except it doesn't pause in multiplayer?

Regardless I agree, only having two weapon slots really sucks.

Whoops, I haven't played co-op Borderlands in ages so I forgot, but now that I think about it that does make sense.

Matrix-7
Apr 29, 2007

Hey, bro, fade into the shade! You're bad news - obituary column style!

Jsor posted:

I think you get it after completing a rather long branch of the main quest. I believe it's 2 or 3 steps after you hit the main town.

Ah cool, I must be getting pretty close to that part then, thanks for the info. I haven't done any side-quests yet and wasn't sure if it was from one of those littered around Concordia. And yeah, having only 2 slots is a pain in the rear end.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Matrix-7 posted:

Ah cool, I must be getting pretty close to that part then, thanks for the info. I haven't done any side-quests yet and wasn't sure if it was from one of those littered around Concordia. And yeah, having only 2 slots is a pain in the rear end.

You think it's a pain in the rear end for a regular character, it's even worse for a Fragmented Fragtrap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wilhelm's backstory log is pretty great. I love that the player characters sometimes subvert the game's token dialogue with their own responses. Like, just now I did the mission where you jump on the jump pads and say inspirational things, and despite Wilhelm just saying "No. :geno:" every time Janey still goes on like he said something awesome, and that's the whole joke. Stuff like that is right up my humor alley.

• Locked thread