Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

ThaumPenguin posted:

Well, whenever the servers get back up, it's going to.

I think my twitter died, too.

Employees at Newgrounds and Tumblr seen scrambling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

We all did, buddy, we all did.

I can only hope that Caliborn's epic anime masterpiece is as good as this http://imgur.com/a/MiSZt and also this http://imgur.com/a/skwOj

That is what Paradox Space should be.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Okay therorycrafting time. What does the 503 Error represent, and does it tie into the pre-scratch trolls somehow?
It only represents that we loved this franchise to death. And so it crashed.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Well, that sure was a great update friends. See you next year.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

We all did, buddy, we all did.

I can only hope that Caliborn's epic anime masterpiece is as good as this http://imgur.com/a/MiSZt and also this http://imgur.com/a/skwOj

Thank you for reminding me that this exists. Every once in a while i will remember how good it is, and read it again.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Grouchio posted:

It only represents that we loved this franchise to death. And so it crashed.

The Homestuck fandom is Lenny from Of Mice and Men. We're big, dumb, and eventually kill the things we love by squeezing too hard.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Bobulus posted:

The Homestuck fandom is Lenny from Of Mice and Men. We're big, dumb, and eventually kill the things we love by squeezing too hard.

Wait...Lenny had a transgender pansexual tumblr ask blog? Do you think he was a fem!Equius?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Bilirubin posted:

Error 503 Service Unavailable :gonk:

I was beginning to think that with the fandom in standby mode and a bunch of the more prolific artists moving on due to not being teenagers any more, this thing might just go back to Hussie and like 50 die-hards tooling around on the arse end of the internet.

Looks like I was wrong! Homestuck will never end (because every update will crash for a geometrically longer period of time than the last) :suicide:

tinaun posted:

WELCOME BACK.

That was the only page of the update.

Incidentally I was also worried that it would come back and be inexplicably poo poo, like a sugary breakfast cereal or 90s cartoons. Again, wrong :allears:

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Vriska's character and actions are a thinly veiled allegory for Israel and the settlements. In case yall didn't know.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MrBims posted:

Vriska's character and actions are a thinly veiled allegory for Israel and the settlements. In case yall didn't know.

You idiot.

Vriska = Vriska.

Did Eridan Obama teach you NOTHING?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm really glad the server updates appear to be holding up and not at all still making GBS threads the bed four hours after the fact. :geno:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The True Homestuck Experience. :allears:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Ah, it feels good to be in this horribly abusive cycle again. It's like I never LEFT.

Hi Burk!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Solaris Knight posted:

Ah, it feels good to be in this horribly abusive cycle again. It's like I never LEFT.

Hi Burk!

I'm going to assume its your fault the site STILL isn't up.

Jesus Christ, and this was a SINGLE PANEL update.

Hussie's server people are going to start to sue HIM.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh hi there MS Paint thread. My RSS feed said I should apparently check this thread out again. How goes it? Looking rather unavailable there. (I'm honestly surprised it was up long enough for my RSS program to find an update.)

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
The update seems to have vanished. The site appears accessible now, but the latest page is no longer there.

This doesn't bode well.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Aaaand update is GONE.

The gently caress

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The fact that the site no longer being hammered and the update being gone kinda happened about the same time is oddly....bizarre.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think you were all lying and this update never really existed

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The comic will go so meta that it will un-update removing pages until we're back at Bard Quest

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

WELCOME UNBACK.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
Good, I've been waiting for Hussie to finish that for years.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

That update was Hussie doing a joke on the Homestuck audience. The real update goes up tomorrow, where before Act 6 Act 6 Act 3 begins, we'll have Intermission 3, the long-awaited magnum opus of the Homestuck canon: Nepetaquest 2014.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Giga-Almost-Unpause, Probably. Or Not.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Fucknag posted:

That update was Hussie doing a joke on the Homestuck audience. The real update goes up tomorrow, where before Act 6 Act 6 Act 3 begins, we'll have Intermission 3, the long-awaited magnum opus of the Homestuck canon: Nepetaquest 2014.

I'm glad that the second best character in Homestuck will finally get some more exposure.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Also i don't know what's going on with this avatar, or why i have it. So don't ask.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Good thing you cleared that up because what you have as your avatar is very important to all of us.

So uh, has Hussie said anywhere why he's taken down the update? Seems like a weird move.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dolash posted:

Good thing you cleared that up because what you have as your avatar is very important to all of us.

So uh, has Hussie said anywhere why he's taken down the update? Seems like a weird move.

Some speculate he messed up on it, and should have put the homosuck background stuff with it.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I guess you could say the server was hit by an F5 tornado. :kamina:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

David Copperfield posted:

Wait...Lenny had a transgender pansexual tumblr ask blog? Do you think he was a fem!Equius?

Tell me about your pronouns, George.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Freak Futanari posted:

Also i don't know what's going on with this avatar, or why i have it. So don't ask.

That's extremely hosed up and I find myself forgetting about you as we speak. Please find Vriska quickly.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh God, all of the Vriska Avatars are dissapearing!

HOMESTUCK IS COMING TO AN END!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Vri...Vrisk...a? The name rings a bell, sort of?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Blackheart posted:

Whatever it is, I don't think this is the time for it.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

She had her chance at the spotlight. It's Bonebone's time now.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 17, 2014

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Blackheart posted:

That's extremely hosed up and I find myself forgetting about you as we speak. Please find Vriska quickly.

Even though I care deeply about Vriska, it also important to remember the OTHER main character in Homestuck.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Freak Futanari posted:

Even though I care deeply about Vriska, it also important to remember the OTHER main character in Homestuck.

Then why didn't you get an avatar of Lil' Cal? :confused:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Freak Futanari posted:

Nepeta is never a bad choice, so I approve.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Triskelli posted:

Then why didn't you get an avatar of Lil' Cal? :confused:

He scares me a lot :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Freak Futanari posted:

You are correct, the MAYOR is just an awesome friend to all of us.