Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Blasmeister posted:

VGCW-runner Bazza got to play some 2k15 and has opinions on it. He plays the poo poo out of these games so his take on it is pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqCqk5PIS7c

I just want to say how much I appreciate the chiptune version of the Raw theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Perigryn posted:

PS4 will be getting an update soon which includes, among other things, custom soundtracks

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/16/ps4-system-software-preview-usb-music-player-new-home-screen-colors-more/

Time to prepare a USB full of themes...

if its not a USB stick full of Ahmed Johnson soundbytes you're doing it wrong.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The OS might support custom soundtracks but it's extremely unlikely that 2k15 will have them integrated.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

The OS might support custom soundtracks but it's extremely unlikely that 2k15 will have them integrated.

Who needs custom themes when you can give all your guys hot new John Cena rap tracks??

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They can sell the ability as DLC!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What really has me curious is his vague "the Dean Ambrose in new attire is likely not a CAW or alternate attire."

So that mean's it's either something they put together just for that video or there's something else cooler going on. (Multiple Ambroses? They're going to do the current Dean/Seth feud as a Showcase DLC?)

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Blast Fantasto posted:

What really has me curious is his vague "the Dean Ambrose in new attire is likely not a CAW or alternate attire."

So that mean's it's either something they put together just for that video or there's something else cooler going on. (Multiple Ambroses? They're going to do the current Dean/Seth feud as a Showcase DLC?)

I'm betting that he suspects that he was playing an older build that didn't have the new attire, but that it's since been updated to be the default attire.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Preview events rarely have the latest builds. When I played it at EGX it was the same build that had been doing the rounds for months. Apparently the build that's been at recent preview events has clearly not been a final build, with options greyed out and such.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I'd be surprised if the 2k15 roster is updated appearance-wise to how performers look now, considering how far behind 2k14 was.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Roman Reigns posted:

I'd be surprised if the 2k15 roster is updated appearance-wise to how performers look now, considering how far behind 2k14 was.

I can't find a source offhand but I do remember reading the cutoff being later than usual this year, so things should be a bit more current hopefully?

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

cams posted:

You should be at the point where you can make Legendary KOTRs by actually filling your active slots and bench with your best cards, so start doing that immediately. Making the top 8 which really isn't that hard, even with lovely cards, gets you an automatic legendary. If you miss top 8, free epic. But yeah, you're at the point where any advancement is gonna be a grind.

Oh nowhere near. My best KOTR team is what I try to go with (I don't want to be one of those guys if I can help it) and it's maybe halfway through Epic. I have used my Maxed URs or SRs to train my top 5 cards, so it's possible my benched 5 are a little worse than other teams. I did just luck a second Bray UR in Exhibition which I think will give my team a slight lift. But I could really do with an Epic Pro or Legendary Single male. My current KOTR is going well enough and I have 2 days off work that I think I'll be satisfied enough with my team's growth by Sunday.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Sorry for the DP, but this has become a dead link, is there another spreadsheet for Supercard doing the rounds?

e: Aces, cheers

incredible bear fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 17, 2014

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

incredible bear posted:

Sorry for the DP, but this has become a dead link, is there another spreadsheet for Supercard doing the rounds?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YHxYzrBZQOMl1K9g-QJud5pJUYbqfKzWiPfNO7spx6M/edit#gid=1621508345

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

r/squaredcircle has some decent info other than the spreadsheet as well

e: I just made a copy and resorted everything by total stats and separated the divas https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9tbEZ3ljQv1bwzRL9joXjWX2MnjHTa3enRj0V-pIYw/edit#gid=1693889228
e2: I always forget to open up sharing, should be viewable now

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 17, 2014

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Has anyone else played wrestling revolution 3D for the iphone? it's hilarious and kind of awesome.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

coconono posted:

if its not a USB stick full of Ahmed Johnson soundbytes you're doing it wrong.
More themes need Ahmed Johnson soundbytes as the opening hook

"EAT A REEF!"

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Evil Canadian posted:

I can't find a source offhand but I do remember reading the cutoff being later than usual this year, so things should be a bit more current hopefully?

I got to talk to a few of the devs a while back, and they confirmed that this was the case. They also spent a hilarious amount of time talking poo poo about THQ.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Fully embracing the bullshit.

(plz fix this 2k)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
On the other hand, I snuck into the very bottom of Epic with this ragtag band of nobodies and have cruised to 24-9 and am signing off for the night in 4th place with my next opponent 1-29, so I'll at least be getting 1 monster upgrade, if not a new best dude (dear god I hope you can't get a loving item as your 1x epic).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toshimo posted:

(dear god I hope you can't get a loving item as your 1x epic).

If you look at the rewards, it very specifically lists support cards separately as rewards. You can only get wrestlers otherwise.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The SR KOTR I'm in at the moment is literally nothing but people cheesing it with UR/Epics and junk tag teams (presumably on their benches, too). COuld be sheer coincidence or a sign of how many people have caught onto this tactic, but perhaps there's some vague degree of matchmaking being implemented?

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
If someone's got 3 Epics, the only reason they'd want Super Rares is to complete their catalogs, I daresay some people are doing it with good enough intentions. Collect them all!

Can't believe that my Pro Epic, stats in the 700s, drops down to the high 100s without stamina. Was really thinking I'd be allowed to leave that card in the red for a while longer than normal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

2/2 on making it to the UR finals with my I Am A Bad Person lineup. This one was pretty close though, the guy I went against in the semis had Legendary Yoko, Pro UR Rey, and Pro UR HHH. Fortunately his other two cards were SR Ladder Cena and Epic Cameron so I was able to win Tag and Diva matches easily, or a match against Rey to be not speed.

Hopefully this gets me a UR good enough to eek into Legendary exhibition and get me a decent enough wrestler to get into Legendary KotR.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Seriously if you're not playing Wrestling Revolution 3D you're missing out. I just won a hair vs. hair match because my bald opponent reversed my back body drop and someone drove himself through a ringside table.

This game is hilarious and amazing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Are you playing it on PC or a mobile device? It looks like it'll run on my tablet so maybe I can play it with a Dualshock 3.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Are you playing it on PC or a mobile device? It looks like it'll run on my tablet so maybe I can play it with a Dualshock 3.

Iphone, it's not a great game by any means but it is truly hilarious. the 8 man battle royal mode is a clusterfuck.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Does it at least control well? Last Dickie game I tried to play on my (Android) phone was pretty well unplayable.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Does it at least control well? Last Dickie game I tried to play on my (Android) phone was pretty well unplayable.

It controls 10 times better than his other games. It's mostly just a fun and hilarious time waster and it's free. I just had an 8 man battle royal that took place in two rings like the fall brawl. I lost when a La Parka rip off threw a baseball bat at me and I fell through a table on the outside.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well drat I'm getting this now. Thanks!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

r/squaredcircle has some decent info other than the spreadsheet as well

e: I just made a copy and resorted everything by total stats and separated the divas https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9tbEZ3ljQv1bwzRL9joXjWX2MnjHTa3enRj0V-pIYw/edit#gid=1693889228
e2: I always forget to open up sharing, should be viewable now

I added a top five listing to the pro legendary tab to see if it did anything for people, looking for opinions on if I should bother for the other tabs after I get home, or suggestions to improve it.

Also I posted the spreadsheet to the supercard subreddit and the mod there (who made the original and I made sure to credit) deleted it because he "didn't want to confuse people" :lol:

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

IcePhoenix posted:

I added a top five listing to the pro legendary tab to see if it did anything for people, looking for opinions on if I should bother for the other tabs after I get home, or suggestions to improve it.

Also I posted the spreadsheet to the supercard subreddit and the mod there (who made the original and I made sure to credit) deleted it because he "didn't want to confuse people" :lol:

Having Common and Uncommon stats would be nice, if only for completion's sake. Sure, they should be used as fodder for higher tier cards, but someone starting out will have to use that stuff, and it'd be nice to know what to focus on.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

Seriously if you're not playing Wrestling Revolution 3D you're missing out. I just won a hair vs. hair match because my bald opponent reversed my back body drop and someone drove himself through a ringside table.

This game is hilarious and amazing.

mdickie's games are if nothing else hilarious, so much wacky poo poo happens in them

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BlueArmyMan posted:

Having Common and Uncommon stats would be nice, if only for completion's sake. Sure, they should be used as fodder for higher tier cards, but someone starting out will have to use that stuff, and it'd be nice to know what to focus on.

there's not really much info on commons and uncommons, unfortunately. Aside from the divas, most people will have "graduated" past them relatively quickly anyway.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Since that Bazaa "review" of WWE 2K15 came out, I've pretty much locked myself in for getting a PS4 and this game on release day. I was looking at the DLC stuff and I'll probably shell out for the season pass cause it seems like some interesting content. Just had a couple questions though that I couldn't figure out from some googling.

A) The content packs list wrestlers in there that are almost certainly included in the regular game but say they're part of the content pack. Does it just mean that they're part of the story of that pack? With the hints Bazaa was dropping I'm starting to think there's some sort of "seemless" costume/era changing thing and all the guys in that content pack will change based on the timelines.

B) I think someone in this thread mentioned that getting the season pass wouldn't get you all the DLC... to what does this refer? From what I was seeing, the pass got you the accelerator, the 3 rivalry modes, the WCW and NXT packs, and the new moves packs. Is there something missing?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTFTfyCld_E
That DDT...

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

cams posted:

B) I think someone in this thread mentioned that getting the season pass wouldn't get you all the DLC... to what does this refer? From what I was seeing, the pass got you the accelerator, the 3 rivalry modes, the WCW and NXT packs, and the new moves packs. Is there something missing?

The Season Pass only nets you the Accelerator and the three rivalry mode packs. You still have to buy the WCW/NXT/Moves packs separately, though apparently at a discount for Season Pass holders.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

IcePhoenix posted:

there's not really much info on commons and uncommons, unfortunately. Aside from the divas, most people will have "graduated" past them relatively quickly anyway.

Only thing to keep in mind about commons is to save six Tyson Kidds and a Summer Rae for maximum KotR cheese.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

TealShark posted:

The Season Pass only nets you the Accelerator and the three rivalry mode packs. You still have to buy the WCW/NXT/Moves packs separately, though apparently at a discount for Season Pass holders.
Oh... wow. In that case I don't even know if I'll get the season pass then. The WCW, NXT, and Moves Pack were the ones I really wanted anyways. I can do without the rivalry packs and only wanted Paige for completionist's sake. I might still get it but that is really dumb and I do agree with people.

However, I'm not gonna complain about it because I am now super loving excited for WWE 2k15 and it's their job to take my money. First look at the UI stuff as well I think? % S is either % stamina or % signature I think, I imagine Fx# is finisher count. Green bar looks like health, blue looks like stamina.

The stamina thing is really what's sold me on this game, as nerdy as it is. The UFC games for a while did a great job of making a realistic fighting game work by having you manage and worry about stamina, excited to see how it works here.

cams fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 17, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does the season pass include the stats editor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I will probably be picking up a 360 copy since I will be off the week work that week and have the extra time. Then I will probably pick up the ps4 version to have the better game when that comes out, so if anyone is interested in a 360 version, I can send it their way for like $10-15 after the middle of November.