Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also does anyone know how to set player roles and rotation minutes in MyLeague without having a player get injured first while simming offdays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DailyDumSum
May 21, 2004
Fresh Daily
I'm thinking of playing myPark for PC. Is there a specific level that I should get to in order to not be terrible (I'm a center). I also picked the Rivet City as it seems to go well with my character. Any advice?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
PC Getting this patch about the same time is a huge loving increase in how they are supporting PC players, that's pretty rad.

The Glumslinger posted:

Speaking of the PC patch, are people still seeing crashes on PC? Can you post your specs if you are?

Reposting this, if you are on PC and seeing problems help the man out and make the game better.

Doltos posted:

Yeah my bench is almost always Nash/Allen/Garnett. Doesn't make a lot of sense considering these guys have reasonably cheap expiring contracts that the CPU won't even think about touching. On the flip side you can't hope to get Embiid or Wiggins in the latter half of the second round which makes team building kind of interesting if you're planning on a young corps of players.

Also Hunter by Pharrell Williams sounds a bit rapey.

I took Lillard 1 and got Wiggins in the 2nd. I really wanted Anthony Davis but he goes like 4th overall and myGM won't let me set draft order.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I haven't had any issues with crashes, thankfully, but there's a number of guys on the steam forums for the game who've made pretty detailed posts about their hardware and stuff. One poor guy can't get the game to launch at all, and he sounds normal enough and has a perfectly decent computer and has done basically everything on the planet to get the game running.

I'm just relieved we're getting the patch, playing PG is ok but I miss my large angry dunking man and don't want to start over.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Lockback posted:

I took Lillard 1 and got Wiggins in the 2nd. I really wanted Anthony Davis but he goes like 4th overall and myGM won't let me set draft order.

I actually just did that in MyGM too. I got Lillard/T. Allen/Wiggins/Noel/Sanders as my starting lineup and Lin/Carter/Barnes/Teletovic/Anderson as my bench. The squad made the playoffs so I'm pretty happy with it.

Also I don't really like Anthony Davis in this game. He's a beast on the boards but bigs that can shoot turnaround jumpers and fadeaways are scoring gods. I haven't met a single person online that can stop it or the CPU for that matter.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I heard Zach LaVine can dunk over everyone in this game. Also Pharrell wrote Blurred Lines so he has a thing for being rapey.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Occassionally this has crashed to the desktop for me mid game (has only happened maybe 3 or 4 times in my 35 hours of playing).

It seems that if i get any sort of stutter for a second or two, the game will crash to desktop within the next minute.

Here's my specs

CPU CPU
Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz

CPU Speed CPU SPEED
Minimum: Info
You Have: 2.7 GHz

Video Card VIDEO CARD
Minimum: 512 MB VRAM and DX 10 (NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or ATI Radeon HD 3600)
You Have: AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series (5850)

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Icon Pixel Shader version 4.0 5.0
Icon Vertex Shader version 4.0 5.0
Icon Dedicated Video RAM 512 MB 1.0 GB

RAM RAM
Minimum: 2 GB
You Have: 8.2 GB

OS OS
Minimum: Windows 7 (64-bit only)
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Free Disk Space FREE DISK SPACE
Minimum: 50 GB
You Have: 103.4 GB

Copy pasted and tidied up from http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/nba-2k15/12322/?p=a

Otherwise the game runs fine for me.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

I heard Zach LaVine can dunk over everyone in this game. Also Pharrell wrote Blurred Lines so he has a thing for being rapey.
The Timberwolves are a pretty great team for a MyPlayer big tbh, a Rubio/Martin/LaVine backcourt rotation leads to some pretty plays, and Wiggins is quietly already awesome.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
the myplayer interactions with pharrell wearing his dumb hat makes me want to punch my own face

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
What the gently caress is a pharrell and why is it a mountie

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Emery posted:

What the gently caress is a pharrell and why is it a mountie

He's from Neptune.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Well i just got absolutely demolished by the clippers as houston in mycareer because pauls oop passes to blake seem to be unstoppable. My god that was demoralising. There was at least half a dozen alley oops into traffic that they pulled off.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Twitch.tv/dmose520

Where every shot clanks and ratings don't matter.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wtfmoses posted:

Twitch.tv/dmose520

Where every shot clanks and ratings don't matter.

I tried streaming this game and my computer died.

2K15 really punishes you if you hold X too long on shots and layups. I just had Wiggins do this dopey superman dunk over a guy where he came up completely short and the front of the basketball hit the front of the rim. Then right after that I held my shot for too long on a wide open down the paint layup with Lillard and he loving airballed.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I'm having a lot of fun with MyTeam's Domination mode. I'm up to the point where I have to have pretty good games to get all the 3 stars - just finished with the Nets.

My favorite player has easily been Oladipo. Dude is a monster on the offensive end of the floor and is pretty good defensively as well. Using him to cheese is pretty much the best way to get enough myteam points you need to get the requirements for the stars in Domination. Even cheesing, I'm finding it pretty tough go get over the 750MTP mark consistently.

Edit: I got impatient with all my saved up MTP and because it's under maintenance, instead of using them on the auction house on one of the affordable gold players, I bought my first VIP pack and drew James Harden. I used him for the first time against the Suns and he dropped 43 on them - earning me 827MTP. :smuggo: Looks like Oladipo is going to be coming off the bench from now on so that my offense doesn't drop off when Harden gets rest.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 17, 2014

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Oladipo really owns a lot, but Harden is a monster.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Damien Lillard might be the best player in the game, dude's ridiculous.

For Cheaper guys Giorgi Dieng is basically prime Dwight Howard defensively.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Lockback posted:

Damien Lillard might be the best player in the game, dude's ridiculous.

For Cheaper guys Giorgi Dieng is basically prime Dwight Howard defensively.

Lillard is so drat good. He torches me in MyPlayer. People online basically just crossover 5 times at the top of the key with him then scorch you the second you bite to one side.

Dieng is awesome too. I just wish he was a better rebounder. Offense is so much better if you have a great rebounding matchup. Also what's cool is that we can actually identify good players in this version. Matchups really matter between slow and fast guards/small forwards, or big defensive rebounds vs offensive minded power forwards/centers. Like MyLeague has a tandem of Noel and Sanders which absolutely dominates the boards, but they both got scorched by Blake Griffin in a playoff matchup. But, they're both good versus tall shooting PF's like Gasol and Novitzki. Similarly MyPlayer is a 6'5 210 lbs point guard and get's destroyed by really quick guys like Lillard, Rose, and Westbrook, but dominates slower, bigger PGs and really small PGs. It's neat that they made that noticeable now where instead of just coming out a few boards ahead you can absolutely dominate human players and rubber banding AI by having smart matchups.

Doltos fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Oct 17, 2014

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Ah so I'm not a crazy person and the AI does rubberband.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Ah so I'm not a crazy person and the AI does rubberband.

It's incredibly visible if you're playing with anything nearing a good team. I used cheat engine to confirm, and if you crank the sliders up to 100% in MyCareer so every shot goes in, and you have shot feedback on, there's a 4-6 minute period in the 4th quarter where no matter what you do or how open you are, every shot will be D+ quality, and the opposing team will make between 75 and 100 percent of their shots.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Strawberry Panda posted:

I heard Zach LaVine can dunk over everyone in this game.

Yes he is amazing. Get anywhere near the paint and thats 2 points

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Emery posted:

It's incredibly visible if you're playing with anything nearing a good team. I used cheat engine to confirm, and if you crank the sliders up to 100% in MyCareer so every shot goes in, and you have shot feedback on, there's a 4-6 minute period in the 4th quarter where no matter what you do or how open you are, every shot will be D+ quality, and the opposing team will make between 75 and 100 percent of their shots.

What? No there isn't. Are you saying only when you're up by a ton or something, because even in blowouts I am certain this doesn't happen.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Emery posted:

Seriously? I remember the PR guys for this year saying specifically that there was no rubberband AI or something.

That explains why every loving MyPlayer game is a battle to the end

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

Lockback posted:

What? No there isn't. Are you saying only when you're up by a ton or something, because even in blowouts I am certain this doesn't happen.

The more points you're up, the worse the rubberbanding gets. When you're up by more than 50 (50 seems to be the breakpoint but I'm honestly not sure), the computer follows to the logical extreme and dumpsters your shooting while missing very few of its own shots. In normal game situations, it might affect you in more unnoticeable ways, such as changing your shot quality from a B to a C+, to simulate the defense covering you harder, and it can obviously tweak how well the opposing team is going to shoot as well. When you change the sliders to never miss, it's glaringly obvious that something's loving with your ability to shoot since, y'know, you're missing shots.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Emery posted:

The more points you're up, the worse the rubberbanding gets. When you're up by more than 50, the computer follows to the logical extreme and dumpsters your shooting while missing very few of its own shots. In normal game situations, it might affect you in more unnoticeable ways, such as changing your shot quality from a B to a C+, to simulate the defense covering you harder, and it can obviously tweak how well the opposing team is going to shoot as well. When you change the sliders to never miss, it's glaringly obvious that something's loving with your ability to shoot since, y'know, you're missing shots.

Except the sliders don't make it so you never miss.

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

Lockback posted:

Except the sliders don't make it so you never miss.

You're right, it doesn't make it so you never miss at all. However, it does make it so that even the worst release possible still goes in about 50% of the time in a game. You're incredibly unlikely to miss any reasonable shot you take if you aren't shooting through a double team.

If you put all of the sliders to max, it's very easy to shoot 90% from the field. When that suddenly drops to, say, zero, it's really, really noticeable.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the_american_dream posted:

Yes he is amazing. Get anywhere near the paint and thats 2 points

I'm at year three in myGM and it gets even more hilarious. I need to figure out video recording on PS4 because I had a dunk a couple nights ago where he tomahawked over four Grizzlies.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Emery posted:

The more points you're up, the worse the rubberbanding gets. When you're up by more than 50 (50 seems to be the breakpoint but I'm honestly not sure), the computer follows to the logical extreme and dumpsters your shooting while missing very few of its own shots. In normal game situations, it might affect you in more unnoticeable ways, such as changing your shot quality from a B to a C+, to simulate the defense covering you harder, and it can obviously tweak how well the opposing team is going to shoot as well. When you change the sliders to never miss, it's glaringly obvious that something's loving with your ability to shoot since, y'know, you're missing shots.

Why are you up by 50 or 60 points in the first place what the hell? You know there's like difficulty options. For what it's worth I haven't encountered any "fixing" of the game in mycareer, even in blowout wins.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Whether or not there is some sort of rubber-banding, runs in basketball happen a lot. That is in the game and years ago they talked about how they worked on tweaking factors to have games replicate real life: frequent runs and droughts. I believe they also said they didn't hard-code in any make/miss adjustments, though I can't recall.

Either way, in real and video-game basketball it's very realistic for the same lineup to get up by 20 points, and then give 16 of it back in a short amount of time.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Lockback posted:

Whether or not there is some sort of rubber-banding, runs in basketball happen a lot. That is in the game and years ago they talked about how they worked on tweaking factors to have games replicate real life: frequent runs and droughts. I believe they also said they didn't hard-code in any make/miss adjustments, though I can't recall.

Either way, in real and video-game basketball it's very realistic for the same lineup to get up by 20 points, and then give 16 of it back in a short amount of time.

Yeah what's funny is when both the cpu and my team are brick in shots and I say to myself "if I could have just taken advantage" like I would watching a real basketball game.

When I first started I played patiently but now I push the ball as much as possible, set picks a bunch and drive into the paint.

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?

Lockback posted:

Exactly.

To me, it's felt pretty consistent for the past few years of 2K: the game has to do some rubber-banding, to try and simulate that very real possibility in actual basketball of a team going on a run. Unfortunately this seems to have the effect of just making your shots worse/miss for no real reason (I think Emery's slider test is a pretty good indicator of that, it sounds about right). I feel like it's especially noticeable in MyPlayer since if you play like me your guy takes approximately 90% of the team's shots :v:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
There is shot fatigue from a single player taking too many shots, so that is also a possible cause

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

hopterque posted:

Why are you up by 50 or 60 points in the first place what the hell? You know there's like difficulty options. For what it's worth I haven't encountered any "fixing" of the game in mycareer, even in blowout wins.

Because I cheated specifically to test it out.

The Glumslinger posted:

There is shot fatigue from a single player taking too many shots, so that is also a possible cause

This is a great answer to suddenly being unable to hit shots with my player, and it makes sense that it'd be more drastically noticeable when you've got the game set to 'let me shoot 90% from the field'.

Lockback posted:

Don't get me wrong, 2k15 is amazingly good. I'm really just pushing the game to see how it works underneath. Honestly, I like the fact that it's got some underlying workings to keep games more competitive, and in normal gameplay situations it feels very realistic. It's only when you force the game into arcade mode that the computer AI lets on what it's doing, which is pretty great.

Assuming shooter fatigue is the cause of the dry spells, you might expect teams to go on 14-20 point runs, but what actually ends up happening are 24-30 point runs, or more if you're against a decent scoring team. It really has to work that way or it would be incredibly easy to win every single game you play handily.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

Why does 2K hate Kobe?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Personally I've never noticed any rubber banding in the game because I'm too busy trying to figure out how on earth you're supposed to stop the AI from scoring 80% of its points in the paint. Even if I let my computer teammate play defense in one on one situations down low they still get scored on. The really frustrating part about this year's game is that when I do manage to play good defense, the computer gets an insane number of offensive rebounds. I don't know if it's a bug or what but I'm not sure I've even seen one of teammates box out before, even after making crashing the boards a point of emphasis.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Inside Outside posted:

Personally I've never noticed any rubber banding in the game because I'm too busy trying to figure out how on earth you're supposed to stop the AI from scoring 80% of its points in the paint. Even if I let my computer teammate play defense in one on one situations down low they still get scored on. The really frustrating part about this year's game is that when I do manage to play good defense, the computer gets an insane number of offensive rebounds. I don't know if it's a bug or what but I'm not sure I've even seen one of teammates box out before, even after making crashing the boards a point of emphasis.

Defense in general seems to really be all-or-nothing in this year's version, at least on Superstar difficulty. If I'm not right up in the shooter's face when he lets the shot go then I might as well have given up a layup. I even turned down the AI's contested shot success in myGM and they still managed to constantly drain short/mid-range jumpers in my and my center/PF's faces because apparently my help defender charging straight at them and me jumping at them from a foot away from the side or behind doesn't count as contesting a shot. It's ok when Chris Paul or Curry torch me for 40, but I've seen even lovely backup PGs drive into the paint, fumble the ball so that they're forced to stop and pick it up, and then cooly drain a fadeaway 180 jumper over the helpless hands of my center.

Considering how many of my open shots get bumped down in quality to like a B- or C+ if a defender even looks at me, it's kind of ridiculous how many supposedly contested shots the AI knocks down.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Also the player rotations when you simulate games in myGM seem really, really hosed sometimes. I jumped into a game recently and on my custom rostered team the AI coach decided to play Durant at PG, (6'10") Ed Davis at SG, and Julius Randle at SF. With Westbrook, Beverley, Lavine, and Wesley Johnson sitting on the bench, none of whom were in foul trouble or had less than 90 energy. I even have their minutes properly set and everything, but the game apparently decided to give Ed Davis his 4 minutes during the middle of the 4th quarter in a 4 point game. Thanks, coach! PS you're fired into the loving sun.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Being subbed back into a game that's somehow become 30 points down is becoming very tiresome, it's every loving game.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Being subbed back into a game that's somehow become 30 points down is becoming very tiresome, it's every loving game.

Yeah, early on in your career there really isn't poo poo you can do about this since you only play a few minutes here and there. Later on once you're starting it doesn't really happen though, since you're playing 36+ minutes a game pretty quickly once you become a starter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, my second myplayer was told after his first game after signing for the year he was getting more minutes. After the 2nd game they told him he was starting. He's 68 OVR starting ahead of 79 Kevin Martin. Now it's no fun to play 5 minutes a game for months, but I think that's still a bit early to start. I'd have been okay with being the 6th or 7th man for a bit longer.

• Locked thread