Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wild Knight posted:

Spirit Tracks is a good game, a mediocre Zelda game, but has an amazing soundtrack and you can go choo-choo by pulling the train whistle on the touch screen and if that doesn't warm your heart a little you are dead inside.

Is the spirit tracks theme the one that plays at the very beginning of that 25th anniversary album that came with Skyward Sword? That's a really awesome song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
For anyone looking for non refurb deals, Frys has a bundle with the deluxe and Hyrule Warriors, Nintendo Land, and 3D World for $330.
http://www.frys.com/product/8306647?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I've put 50 hours into Hyrule Warriors and I've still got a good chunk of content left to go and I haven't even gotten the DLC yet the game is crazy value jump on that deal.

also 3D World is good too I guess

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

SyHopeful posted:

If you like LttP then try Minish Cap, it's a lot of fun and charming with nice details and mechanics.

If you like retreading the same bosses and levels in endless fetch quests that provide little to no progression Skyward Sword has you covered.

Minish Cap is daaaaamn good.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

japtor posted:

For anyone looking for non refurb deals, Frys has a bundle with the deluxe and Hyrule Warriors, Nintendo Land, and 3D World for $330.
http://www.frys.com/product/8306647?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Added to the OP.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

A friend of mine just convinced me to get back to finishing the game before I go starting another game. It's definitely pretty good, even though I've never been entirely fond of the speed at which Link moves in most of the 2D Zeldas.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

:hf: SS sucks MC owns buddy

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
Is there a setting that prevents the Wii U from shutting down from inactivity when I'm downloading something?

For some reason, download speeds are god awful slow, even on a wired connection with an otherwise very fast internet connection.

Anyway, I set something to download, leave the system alone, and it powers itself off.

I don't mind it powering itself off from just being left alone by mistake, but this is annoying.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Civil posted:

Is there a setting that prevents the Wii U from shutting down from inactivity when I'm downloading something?

For some reason, download speeds are god awful slow, even on a wired connection with an otherwise very fast internet connection.

Anyway, I set something to download, leave the system alone, and it powers itself off.

I don't mind it powering itself off from just being left alone by mistake, but this is annoying.

Huh, it should be able to download stuff even when it's off. You should see an orange light on the console in place of the usual red light when this is happening.

Maybe it's only system updates?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

But it continues to download while off, doesn't it? That is the significance of the amber light unless I am mistaken.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Linux Nazi posted:

I bought a WiiU for Bayo 2, and grabbed Zelda WW since I never played it for some reason.

I'm noticing that there's no way to invert Y-axis for the 3rd person camera? Is this for real?

Welcome to all Japanese games pre-2004. I love my Dreamcast but holy poo poo.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Chronojam posted:

But it continues to download while off, doesn't it? That is the significance of the amber light unless I am mistaken.

Oh...I'll check. I'd had this happen before, and I had to resume a download. If it's downloading after shutting off, then I'll be happy.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Does anyone else's Wii U display a "Finished installing software" notification every single time you open the Home menu? It's been going on for a couple weeks.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Happens to me too.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
You need to launch the game/software it updated once to get rid of it. It's a dumb fix to an annoying problem.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Tender Bender posted:

Does anyone else's Wii U display a "Finished installing software" notification every single time you open the Home menu? It's been going on for a couple weeks.

Head to the download manager and it'll tell you what was updated. Launch each updated thing and the notification will go away.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Is it just a recent that there are now ads showing up on the gamepad during quick start mode?

I just bout my Wii U a few weeks ago and with the most recent update I have big banner ads for Hyrule Warriors all over my touchscreen when I boot up the Wii U.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Those are opt in.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I will dig in the menus to turn it off then because they are atrociously ugly and annoying.

Thanks for letting me know!

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Old Swerdlow posted:

Is it just a recent that there are now ads showing up on the gamepad during quick start mode?

I just bout my Wii U a few weeks ago and with the most recent update I have big banner ads for Hyrule Warriors all over my touchscreen when I boot up the Wii U.

You should pay attention to those banner ads and buy that good game.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
nvm

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Kaubocks posted:

I've put 50 hours into Hyrule Warriors and I've still got a good chunk of content left to go and I haven't even gotten the DLC yet the game is crazy value jump on that deal.

also 3D World is good too I guess

The first DLC is crazy value too. I bought the season pass and it's already mostly paid for itself.

You should buy Hyrule Warriors because it's really fun and good.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'll buy the Hyrule Warriors DLC for the first person to buy me the game. Crazy good deal.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There was some article recently where the producer for Pokemon mentioned he'd like to see a Pokemon Snap sequel

GIVE IT TO ME NINTENDO. GIVE IT TO MEEEEE

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Macaluso posted:

There was some article recently where the producer for Pokemon mentioned he'd like to see a Pokemon Snap sequel

The camera is the Game Pad. The game is already half made! :c00lbert:

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The camera is the Game Pad. The game is already half made! :c00lbert:

They should also throw in Amiibo support. Because why not.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Macaluso posted:

It should go on the 3DS with (optional) gyroscope controls so I can spin it around like an idiot snapping pictures of island-dwelling pokemon in my loungeroom :colbert:.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Don't know what suddenly happened but I spent an hour failing Adventure mode missions in Hyrule Warriors down in the bottom left corner. The fight against two Imprisoned and Ghirahim on a time limit is just not working at my current ability, and then the defeat 700 enemies in 10 minutes while spawning Gohma's and other Warriors is also not going well.

I guess the game just decided to get tougher now that I'm trying to get good items.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Macaluso posted:

If a Nintendo (technically GF but splitting hairs) higher-up comes right out and says he or she would like to see a sequel to a game, it's in development. Same thing happened with Luigi's Mansion, and of course there was talk of a remake to A Link To The Past, and we got one better in A Link Between Worlds.

What I'm saying is, gently caress yes Snap 2 finally. If this doesn't actually happen I'm going to be very sad

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Game Freak said they don't see the point of doing another Pokemon Stadium. The point is to battle on the TV screen!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Detective No. 27 posted:

Game Freak said they don't see the point of doing another Pokemon Stadium. The point is to battle on the TV screen!

good.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I feel like the OP should say something about those ads that will randomly pop onto the gamepad. I remember opting in for them, but it seems once a week or so someone comes in, confused about why their console is throwing ads at them.

At least only one person has ever accused Nintendo of some kind of horrible, evil scheme from it though.

---
Also I'm loving seeing all the comments about the huge amount of content in Hyrule Warriors. I was worried / wishing there were more characters... But am amazed at seeing people play it tons for the past 2-3 weeks and still having a huge amount of content to go. I haven't even touched Adventure Mode yet due to wanting to do more stuff in story and get more experience with all characters and weapons first. (at the same time I'm still splitting time between about 5 or 6 games on my Wii U and 3DS so it's hard to put tons of hours in to one particular game).

I keep wanting to go ahead and pay for the DLC ahead of time.... but there wasn't any kind of bonus for pre-ordering the season pass was there? The only thing I recall is that you get the Dark Link costume for the season pass.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Correct there is no pre-order bonus so you can get the pass whenever you like and you'll still get Dark Link.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

MaxDuo posted:

I feel like the OP should say something about those ads that will randomly pop onto the gamepad. I remember opting in for them, but it seems once a week or so someone comes in, confused about why their console is throwing ads at them.

At least only one person has ever accused Nintendo of some kind of horrible, evil scheme from it though.

You think people too dumb to read what they are saying Yes to are going to read the op?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
"Opt in" is a bit of a stretch, I remember the screen being confusing and having to read it a couple times, and you have to press something after the update to start playing games. I even had advance notice thanks to this thread.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

pokeyman posted:

"Opt in" is a bit of a stretch, I remember the screen being confusing and having to read it a couple times, and you have to press something after the update to start playing games. I even had advance notice thanks to this thread.

I don't remember what it said, I could swear it was just: "Do you want to receive ads for upcoming games and deals on your Wii U Gamepad? Yes/No." Did it change horribly or am I just simplifying it in my memory?

And true. I forgot that the OP is usually unused by every goon that comes to this thread. At least we haven't had anyone else accuse Nintendo of Dirty Tactics or whatever again. Their evil and insidious plot.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

MaxDuo posted:

I don't remember what it said, I could swear it was just: "Do you want to receive ads for upcoming games and deals on your Wii U Gamepad? Yes/No." Did it change horribly or am I just simplifying it in my memory?

And true. I forgot that the OP is usually unused by every goon that comes to this thread. At least we haven't had anyone else accuse Nintendo of Dirty Tactics or whatever again. Their evil and insidious plot.

It definitely didn't say anything like that. I always opt out of any ads or promotional emails, and whatever the screen said, I opted in because it wasn't clear what it was. I was one of the people who had to come in here and ask why it was happening to figure out how to turn it off.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
"Do you want to receive alerts from Nintendo via SpotPass regarding special promotions?"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

It could be worse. It could be like Ubisoft where the request demand that you give them your information pops up every time you start one of their games until you agree to it, the button for skipping the intro cut scenes is the same as agreeing to it, and there's no way to disable it once you've hit "yes".

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
quick should I get the mario 3d world bundle or the mario kart 8 bundle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

quick should I get the mario 3d world bundle or the mario kart 8 bundle

Whichever is cheaper and then also buy the other game.

• Locked thread