Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Part 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wouldn't hate it if all of Part 3's ORAORAORA vs MUDAMUDAMUDA moments are a good 20 seconds each though.

I believe JoJolion should be published this Sunday too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Watching the Stardust Crusaders anime with my fiance.

We just got done with the first Hanged Man episode.

Abdul is her favorite character and she has no idea he comes back.

This is gonna be good.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I watched it with my girlfriend and she was shouting at the top of her lungs when Avdol came back, so if your fiance is anything like her, you're in for a really good time! :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The new volume release of JJL has revealed which design they're using for Iggy in the Anime when it comes back.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Aurain posted:

The new volume release of JJL has revealed which design they're using for Iggy in the Anime when it comes back.

I just know they're going to change the design unexplained mid season. :allears:

David Productions gets Jojo.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Aurain posted:

It has a face like no dog has ever had, and the eyes are super creepy. It's perfect.

jyrque posted:

David Productions gets Jojo.
Proven time and time again.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
It seems like Araki changed his appearance when he decided that he would give Iggy dialogue, which means he needed to give him a face that can emote better. I imagine David will do the same thing.

e: Iggy in Petshop chapter 1:

Iggy in Petshop chapter 2:

Kabanaw fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 17, 2014

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Zero_Tactility posted:

It has a face like no dog has ever had, and the eyes are super creepy. It's perfect.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dogs and Zeppelis have it bad in JoJo, but I wonder just what would happen to a Zeppeli family's pet dog.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
His soul would be obliterated across all time and space forever, but in dying he would also redeem all of humanity.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Zeppoochli died for your sins.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Stand Name: 「Killed by Death」

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Aurain posted:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Man the "fixed" humanized Iggy is way creepier than the original.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJolion spoilers are out. 47 pages this month. Details if you can read Japanese here.
http://araki100p.web.fc2.com/jojolion036.html

They could possibly be fake of course, but still.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
47 pages? Araki must feel really bad about that hiatus.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The reaction from the anime babbies when Iggy goes from 0 to humanface in nothing flat is something I look forward to. :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'll be even greater if it happens between scenes, rather than between episodes.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Yeah I want it to just be an instant transformation. No explanation. No acknowledgement. It just happens.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I didn't even notice it until after the fight with Petshop when I read it.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
I am really curious to read part 4 since it seems to be a big inspiration to the plot of Persona 4...
I can't find an official English translated version of it though. Am I missing it, or does an official translation not exist and I have to resort to :files:?
In any case, also does it reference any major spoilers for part 3 that the anime hasn't gotten to yet?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

asvodel posted:

I am really curious to read part 4 since it seems to be a big inspiration to the plot of Persona 4...
I can't find an official English translated version of it though. Am I missing it, or does an official translation not exist and I have to resort to :files:?
In any case, also does it reference any major spoilers for part 3 that the anime hasn't gotten to yet?

There is no legal translation of Part 4, it offers a couple of major spoilers, and there probably will be a legal translation started by the time the anime of part 3 ends.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I dunno about similarities between part 4 and persona. Part 4 makes the persona games look like the most straightforward and simple things ever compared to just the weirdness of part 4.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's similar on the most basic of levels. A bunch of teenagers in a small town band together with the spiritual representations of their inner selves to stop a serial killer.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Persona cribbed is whole concept from Jojo, but it has a pretty different style and identity. The Persona fighting games do stick out to me as a bit knockoff-y though, couldn't tell you why. It does make me want Arc to make a Jojo game, though.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Butt Ghost posted:

Persona cribbed is whole concept from Jojo, but it has a pretty different style and identity. The Persona fighting games do stick out to me as a bit knockoff-y though, couldn't tell you why. It does make me want Arc to make a Jojo game, though.

Well, there's only so much you can do to differentiate Persona and Jojo in a fighting game context. I wouldn't really call it a knockoff so much as just... there's really no other choice, I guess.

I've played a lot of the Persona fighters but never the good Jojo one so I can't really go in any further than that, though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Arena plays nothing like the JoJo fighter. The only character in Arena who plays somewhat like a character from the JoJo fighter is Shadow Labrys and that's because Titanomachia is basically Tandem.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 18, 2014

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I think it's more-so that the Personas are gimmickier in the fighters. In the RPGs, the Personas are really just a glorified set of spells, but in the fighters, they have more of their own thing going on. Particularly with characters like Naoto, whose Persona hides around and attacks while the enemy is busy with you, or Labrys, who shoots a red energy thing to pull people closer, trap them, or impale them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Effectronica posted:

there probably will be a legal translation started by the time the anime of part 3 ends.

No way, Battle Tendency isn't even starting its legal print run the end of 2015.

Slice of life in a Japanese town with Stands is the best comparison between the two. Everything else is different.

For example. Diamond is Unbreakable = Amazing. Persona 4 = poo poo. (I do like P4 despite that though)

e: Iggy design was uploaded to the official JoJo animation site.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 18, 2014

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aurain posted:

No way, Battle Tendency isn't even starting its legal print run the end of 2015.

Slice of life in a Japanese town with Stands is the best comparison between the two. Everything else is different.

For example. Diamond is Unbreakable = Amazing. Persona 4 = poo poo. (I do like P4 despite that though)

Why would you like something that you find poo poo?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Believe it or not, but it is entirely possible to enjoy something while recognizing its flaws.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Excuse me, it's called Diamond is Not Crash

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Believe it or not, but it is entirely possible to enjoy something while recognizing its flaws.

I dunno, I just tend to equate like with quality and I don't know if i'd say the same for enjoy. I mean, i'll enjoy bad movies despite their flaws but I don't know if i'd say i'd 'like' them. But that's getting into semantics and discussion on minute differences between words. So never mind. My question wasn't particularly relevant anyway.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean I didn't mean to say Persona 4 is bad or anything, Persona 3&4 are amazing games everyone should play if they have the time, it's just I don't think much can beat how crazy part 4 is.

Also I guess I kind of understand the feeling of the Persona fighter feeling like a knock-off. Those P3 characters really go off the loving deep end. Akihiko starts a hobby of fighting bears, Mitsuru becomes some sort of crazy leather catsuit and furcoat wearing secret agent. Yukari becomes some sort of character in a Kamen Rider like TV show. It's kind of weird.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm the one who said Persona 4 is bad, and that's because it largely is. Annoying characters and a largely uninteresting story. I still quite enjoy it despite those things.

Part 4 is just perfect though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Excuse me, it's called Diamond is Not Crash

Nah, they changed the title to Diamond is Unbreakable.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Speaking of Part 4, I just realized that Josuke never tried restoring Okuyasu's Dad with Crazy Diamond, right? Would it have been possible for Josuke to restore him to before he had Dio's cells implanted in him?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

ChaosArgate posted:

Speaking of Part 4, I just realized that Josuke never tried restoring Okuyasu's Dad with Crazy Diamond, right? Would it have been possible for Josuke to restore him to before he had Dio's cells implanted in him?

I don't think Crazy Diamond can restore him, either because DIO's cells replaced all his DNA, or because there's not enough left of Nijimura to restore under all the DIO cells. In any case, Josuke presumably tried off-camera to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

His dad seemed pretty content with being a weird monster thing after getting his photograph restored anyway.

• Locked thread