Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Maybe its a Deadpool cancer vs healing factor situation where even if Josuke fixes him, his cells will still actively return him to being a monster.

Or maybe they just kinda overlooked the fact that Josuke could fix him. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Josuke not using his ability to fix poo poo he could easily fix is one of the reasons I like him. It's like he (or araki) forgot that things like rohan's house or koichi's money or that one dude's cell phone could be fixed so suddenly it's funnier in hindsight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

At least with Rohan, you just know for a fact that he'd just wait for Josuke to offer to fix his house up free of charge so he can say "I refuse!".

He'd definitely spend the 20,000,000 yen over letting Josuke help him out with that without doubt, so it's barely even something that counts compared to the other ones in my opinion.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Josuke not using his ability to fix poo poo he could easily fix is one of the reasons I like him. It's like he (or araki) forgot that things like rohan's house or koichi's money or that one dude's cell phone could be fixed so suddenly it's funnier in hindsight.

You mention those but not Kira's button? :v:

Eh, I guess it's a mixture of Josuke being a dumbass, the author forgetting the details or specifics of Crazy Diamond's power. After all, what's the biggest thing we've ever seen Josuke fix? Maybe he can only repair a certain "volume" of stuff. Uuuuuh, and maybe Josuke actually has to KNOW what something was before he fixes it; I don't think he ever repairs something that he didn't see before. There seems to be a link between what he fixes and how he perceives it, after all, since stuff gets deformed if he's pissed off. Since Josuke didn't know who the button belonged to before they actually realized who Kira was, Crazy Diamond might not have been able to fix it.

...speaking of power inconsistencies, I just remembered another one! At some point, Josuke says that, if something is fragmented, the parts always return to the largest mass once repaired. But when Okuyasu loses his hand to Red Hot Chili Peppers and Josuke drags him back by "healing" his hand, it should actually happen the other way around - the hand zooms back to Okuyasu! In fact, that's just what happens with Kira's hand later on...

Who knows! Kind of a shame we never saw Josuke in the story again, though (and never will, seems like) - he's probably my favorite JoJo of them all, barely edging out Joseph! Speaking of which, how come Joseph never tried spotting Kira with Hermit Purple? Does he have to know who he's looking for, and he could (theoretically) have spotted Red Hot Chili Peppers because they'd seen the Stand?

Aaaaaaaaaaaah

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

It's Iggy time. :getin:

His design looks a little strange, though. Probably the long forelimbs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That dog is going to die.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He does look closer to an actual Boston Terrier there.

I still can't get over his gorilla face though.

EDIT: On a somewhat related note, I like how Google autocompletes "iggy jojo" to "iggy jojo death."

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 18, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Well, he IS a dog in an Araki series. Even Google knows how that's going to end.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah, I think it's more fun when everyone is just a little bit stupider than they should be. It helps that the bad guys are like this too, what with Red Hot Chilli Peppers guy showing himself for no reason, and Kira constantly blurting out his name.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure someone calls out Otoishi on how stupid it is to arrive in person to prevent Joseph from finding him.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure someone calls out Otoishi on how stupid it is to arrive in person to prevent Joseph from finding him.

I think it was Josuke, actually.

But if it wasn't for that, we wouldn't have seen the guy who attacks by playing power chords. Man, I wish Otoshi had somehow turned into a good guy.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Probably because they gave him horse limbs(?!)

Seriously, dog forelegs don't bend that way. What the hell?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Probably because they gave him horse limbs(?!)

Seriously, dog forelegs don't bend that way. What the hell?
Maybe they're modelling off this dogge:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Nessus posted:

That would be Danny if he'd lived to accompany Jonathan on his quest against Dio.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Nessus posted:

Don't matter, unless said dogge is a hellbeast with backward-bending joints.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Nah, they changed the title to Diamond is Unbreakable.

diamonds are extremely brittle.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

diamonds are extremely brittle.

It's because they lack calcium.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Can we go back to talking about how Josuke's stupid hair is totally lame for a while?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You know, I never realized it until now, but Jojos beating the hell out of someone has become the recurring joke of the manga.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Getting Josuke to insult his own hair is the second-best gag in ASB.

The very best is getting Josuke to heal Johnny, then break him again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SkeletonHero posted:

Getting Josuke to insult his own hair is the second-best gag in ASB.

The very best is getting Josuke to heal Johnny, then break him again.

Your hair's not that GREAT.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

This is dumb as hell but it's too perfect not to share.

http://gizoogle.net/index.php?search=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikiquote.org%2Fwiki%2FJoJo%2527s_Bizarre_Adventure&se=Gizoogle+Dis+Shiznit

quote:

Mohammed Abdul

Tsk tsk! Yes yes y'all, I am!
His answer upon bein axed by Polnareff if he is tha real Abdul, since da thug was believed ta be dead as fuckin fried chicken.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Joskue's stand is now permanently named Crazy-rear end Diamond.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Here, have a Dio.

Edit: fixed a couple things

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Oct 20, 2014

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

It really is dumb as poo poo, but I can't help but love "I gotta resort ta tha secret Joestar technique: Hustlin away hommie!".

Dart
Jan 11, 2012

quote:

Josuke Higashikata

What tha hell did you just say bout mah hair, you bastard?!

Josuke has his afro styled up in a pompadour, which is often tha target of mockery from enemies.

Amazing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This is the coolest shirt and I wish I had it.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 20, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd buy the hell out of a Crazy Diamond version.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So when is the next chapter of Jojo's Bug-fighting Adventure coming out?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Apparently, there's a Skyrim mod to play as Jonathan Joestar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3yaVrWQBjs

Someone's working on a Dio boss and Speedwagon will be a recruit.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Fus roh nani wo suru da

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
It's right here!

http://bato.to/read/_/279320/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-8-jojolion_ch36_by_hi-wa-mata-noboru

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
The most infuriating phrase in Jojolion: To Be Continued.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
man I'm so glad that Joushuu is getting treated like the poo poo he is in this chapter. It's so great. :allears:

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Apparently, there's a Skyrim mod to play as Jonathan Joestar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3yaVrWQBjs

Someone's working on a Dio boss and Speedwagon will be a recruit.

That butt, a butt to rival even Joseph Sr.'s butt.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I can't get enough of Beetle Tendency.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

This taste... it's of a cheater!!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So that's obviously his stand activator right?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

God the Higashikata family is so hosed up (in the best possible way).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Soulcleaver posted:

This taste... it's of a cheater!!

lelo

• Locked thread