Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Does the SkyRe combat module include timed blocking shenanigans? Not the perk trees obviously, but its other effects? After messing around with it in-game for a while I'm pretty sure it's working, but I'd like to know for sure and the documentation doesn't mention that facet one way or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I got my game working again, but I've run into a weird issue with rieklings. Whenever I loot one's armor my game crashes. It's not that big of an issue since I could just ignore it but I'm not sure why exactly this is happening, is this a known bug or have I stumbled onto another weird thing?

EDIT the second: Problem is definitely coming from Immersive Creatures, going to have to see if I Can fix this.

And then the nexus mod manager stopped working. It flat out won't start up now.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Oct 17, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Do you have anything that changes the loot tables? If you do, see if there are any updates or recent patches/fixes the author has posted. That's helped me a couple times with CTDs once I narrowed it down to the culprit mod.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo

GunnerJ posted:

So uh. What's everyone think of this?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/videos/734/

A teaser video for a planned DLC-like mod that actually contains nothing but the staff roll, presumably because these BIG NAMES should get you pumped up on their own. apollodown is apparently the lead writer. :psyduck:

Dude couldn't even tell you the color of the sky without being an insufferable oval office about it. This should be... insufferably cunty.

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012
Could somebody explain to me how to use Reproccer with Mod Organiser? Running Reproccer on its own just results in it not being able to recognise the mods that are loaded by Mod Organiser. I've tried to run it from within Mod Organiser, by finding reproccer.jar in the data tab, but trying to run this does not appear to result in anything actually happening.

Also, how do I get Wrye Bash to generate a bashed patch? For that matter, do I even need to do that with Mod Organiser? I keep hearing about needing bashed patches but I have no idea what that really even is.

Apologies if this is all covered earlier in the thread, but I found nothing in the past 10 or so pages and I'm not scouring all 208 pages.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Think this video might explain all that, except the function of a bashed patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28__bjAKo4M

eta: He used LOOT and TES5Edit as examples, but the instructions for those apply to Wrye Bash too.

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012
OK, I've tried going through that video, but I still have the same problem: running ReProccer as an executable through Mod Organiser does not cause ReProccer to run; nothing happens. I can run ReProccer from outside MO fine, so I guess the program itself is fine, but inside MO it'll just pop up with a window saying "MO is locked while the executable is running". Then the window disappears after a few seconds, there's a brief loading bar at the bottom of the screen, and nothing else happens.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Robhol posted:

OK, I've tried going through that video, but I still have the same problem: running ReProccer as an executable through Mod Organiser does not cause ReProccer to run; nothing happens. I can run ReProccer from outside MO fine, so I guess the program itself is fine, but inside MO it'll just pop up with a window saying "MO is locked while the executable is running". Then the window disappears after a few seconds, there's a brief loading bar at the bottom of the screen, and nothing else happens.

Is the ReProccer in the right folder? Should be \steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\SkyProc Patchers\T3nd0_ReProccer

Also:

quote:

32-bit Java is required to run SkyProc Patchers.

You may be asked to select the Java executable. It wants the "javaw.exe" file typically located inside Java\jre7\bin in your Program Files directory.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Robhol posted:

That sounds like it's finding the shortcut and then crashing for some reason. Are there any error logs in the directory you've pointed MO at?

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012

FadedReality posted:

Is the ReProccer in the right folder? Should be \steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\SkyProc Patchers\T3nd0_ReProccer

Also:

It's in the right folder, yeah, and I've tried several other locations too just in case. The Java directory, however, is actually Java/jre1.8.0_25/bin, and trying to change that to jre7 is impossible as it just reverts back when you try to save it in the "modify executables" window. Though, I am pretty sure it was pointing at jre7 before I updated Java and it didn't work then so I'm not sure that's the problem.

Buried alive posted:

That sounds like it's finding the shortcut and then crashing for some reason. Are there any error logs in the directory you've pointed MO at?

There are some error logs from when I tried running it from outside of MO, but when I try to run from inside MO it isn't generating any logs.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Someone in a thread on Nexus suggested checking your default programs to make sure .jar files aren't being opened with 7zip or something weird.

From another thread where a guy was having the same problem:

quote:

MALWAREBYTES ANTIEXPLOIT! That was stopping them from running for some random reason and not telling me, I had actually forgotten I had that running so I didn't check to see if it was doing anything. It has no log files relating to it, but disabling it allows skyproc patchers to work for some reason. Thanks for reminding me to check for that.

Make sure it's not being flagged by your AV

VV :respek:

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Oct 18, 2014

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012
OK, I've got it fixed now. I had tried turning off the AV before, but it turns out that only disabling both the anti-virus and firewall simultaneously is enough to get it to work. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Anyone seen this mod? http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1508450-wip-character-behaviors-enhanced/

Character Behaviors Enhanced. Check out some of the videos, it basically allows for underwater combat and mid air combat.

Still WIP but pretty impressive.

For ever 1000 :nexus: Titmods, there is a decent gem like this. Still WIP tho.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Scyantific, any chance of an update of the OP with current best recommendations / version links, etc? The OP was last updated in Feb, which is page 100 of this thread (108 pages ago). There is just too much material to catch up on if not following thread every day. :( I miss Skyrim.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

pmchem posted:

Scyantific, any chance of an update of the OP with current best recommendations / version links, etc? The OP was last updated in Feb, which is page 100 of this thread (108 pages ago). There is just too much material to catch up on if not following thread every day. :( I miss Skyrim.

I think a good resource would be the Nexus file of the month lists.

I tried finding a "best mods of 2014" list to link you and most of them are people listing mods that have been out but continue to be better than anything new.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah I honestly haven't kept up with Skyrim modding since I burned out on the game in March. I'll try to make an effort to get the OP up to date throughout this week.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Quick question. Is it possible to make it so that a given skill does not contribute towards your levelling up? For, say I want enchantment or smithing at 100 - I don't really want that to cause me to level up when my combat skills lag behind. Any way to do that in skytweak or the uncapper?

E: Figured it out

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 18, 2014

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

The Iron Rose posted:

Quick question. Is it possible to make it so that a given skill does not contribute towards your levelling up? For, say I want enchantment or smithing at 100 - I don't really want that to cause me to level up when my combat skills lag behind. Any way to do that in skytweak or the uncapper?

Yeah although be careful since its easy to mess up whatever semblance of balance you have with it.
code:
[General]

; set this to enable it
bUsePCLevelSkillExpMults=1

[PCLevelSkillExpMults]

; change these to the multiplier to adjust player experience from using that skill
; should be 0.0 so that skill won't level you at all, 0.5 so you level half as fast from that skill
; 2.0 so twice as fast from that skill

fAlchemy=1.0
fAlteration=1.0
fArchery=1.0
fBlock=1.0
fConjuration=1.0
fDestruction=1.0
fEnchanting=1.0
fHeavyArmor=1.0
fIllusion=1.0
fLightArmor=1.0
fLockpicking=1.0
fOneHanded=1.0
fPickpocket=1.0
fRestoration=1.0
fSmithing=1.0
fSneak=1.0
fSpeech=1.0
fTwoHanded=1.0
edit: missed your edit

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
In MO install order doesn't matter correct? I've noticed a few mods on Nexus mention under the install instructions to install mod A before B and allow it to overwrite files. Since MO doesn't place files in the data folder the only way to overwrite files is based on the load order which LOOT handles?

On that note, I was looking at Dual Sheath Redux and FNIS today and with both of those you have to run a .jar or .exe after install but since MO doesn't place the files in the data folder I couldn't.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Klowns posted:

In MO install order doesn't matter correct? I've noticed a few mods on Nexus mention under the install instructions to install mod A before B and allow it to overwrite files. Since MO doesn't place files in the data folder the only way to overwrite files is based on the load order which LOOT handles?
No, LOOT handles plugins (.esp files), but not assets like textures, models, etc.. The way you handle conflicts with assets, which is what the install instructions you're talking about are referencing, is dragging and dropping the mod listings in the left list of MO. Rearranging them so the "overwriting" mod is below the mod that is being "overwritten" will do what the mod author wanted. The order on the left is completely independent of reordering plugin order.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Klowns posted:

On that note, I was looking at Dual Sheath Redux and FNIS today and with both of those you have to run a .jar or .exe after install but since MO doesn't place the files in the data folder I couldn't.

e:f,b

Anyhow, as for .jar and .exe files, see that button with the gears on it? Click it, and create an entry for the file in question. You can look at the preexisting entries for help with what each field needs. Once you've done that, use the dropdown menu next to the Run button to select your file and run it. MO will populate its virtual file system and direct your file towards it.

Also, a question for the thread: if I wanted to do my own balancing of some of the weapon and armor mods I've been downloading, how would I go about that? Some of their values don't make a whole lot of sense, and I'd love to give myself reasons to branch out and enjoy all the nifty stuff I've downloaded.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Kraven Moorhed posted:

e:f,b

Anyhow, as for .jar and .exe files, see that button with the gears on it? Click it, and create an entry for the file in question. You can look at the preexisting entries for help with what each field needs. Once you've done that, use the dropdown menu next to the Run button to select your file and run it. MO will populate its virtual file system and direct your file towards it.

Also, a question for the thread: if I wanted to do my own balancing of some of the weapon and armor mods I've been downloading, how would I go about that? Some of their values don't make a whole lot of sense, and I'd love to give myself reasons to branch out and enjoy all the nifty stuff I've downloaded.

MO also lets you find a file in the Data tab on the right side and right click and either open/run once or add as executable which will fill in the details for you.

I'd suggest using Tes5Edit to adjust values. Copy as override the weapons/armors into a new file and change the values in that. That way if the mod updates your changes won't be erased when the esp is replaced. It also lets you change multiple mods in a single esp so you don't have to dig through each of your mods to see if you've changed it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I haven't really attempted updating through Mod Organizer, so I don't know if this is normal. I open a mod in MO that's listed as having an update, but it always gives me an error code. The link to the mod page will work fine otherwise, I just can't update through MO. I've enabled it in my Firewall, so it isn't that.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Does your Mod Organizer spoof the correct NMM version number? Check the Workarounds tab in the options, mine is set at 0.52.2 and it worked fine just last week.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Is there a way to add a stand-alone .esp patch file through mod manager so it sees it? Specifically the Shut up Mirmulnir one. if not, how should I go about installing it?

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo
This loving jank-rear end game. I made a new MO profile that loads less than I normally do (it's still like 250 mods) and on a fresh tesv.exe start, it CTDs every time I load my latest save file, but I can load an earlier one, and then load the latest from in game every time. I don't understand anything.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Is there a way to add a stand-alone .esp patch file through mod manager so it sees it? Specifically the Shut up Mirmulnir one. if not, how should I go about installing it?
I assume you're talking about Mod Organizer?
If so, download the plugin. Then go to your MO mod directory (default: \ModOrganizer\mods), create a new folder in here, give it an appropriate name and dump the plugin you downloaded in that folder.
You're done. Start MO (or restart if you had it running): The new folder you made will show up under the installed mods list.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo
Could also zip it up and click the manual install button.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
After playing a good amount of Shadow of Mordor, I really want someone to make a revenge system mod for Skyrim where certain NPCs will hunt you and track you down after you've killed them. After seeing what "Follower Goes on a Trip" can do, it seems feasible to do the same thing but with enemies.

\/\/\/Jaxonz Positioner?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 20, 2014

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Someone remind me what the mod that made decorating and positioning loads better was? That is to say, the one where it makes moving objects not in your inventory easier, for decorating houses and the like.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

sticklefifer posted:

After playing a good amount of Shadow of Mordor, I really want someone to make a revenge system mod for Skyrim where certain NPCs will hunt you and track you down after you've killed them. After seeing what "Follower Goes on a Trip" can do, it seems feasible to do the same thing but with enemies.
I'm pretty sure the story manager can tell quests what you've killed. I'm not sure how encounter things work but it should be doable.

The Iron Rose posted:

Someone remind me what the mod that made decorating and positioning loads better was? That is to say, the one where it makes moving objects not in your inventory easier, for decorating houses and the like.

SkyTweak has some positioning stuff and can also lock items in place (animation type keyframed I think) so you can't bump them when you try and put the next thing dowm. Or make a stairway out of floating silverware.

fentan
Aug 3, 2012

Pretty sure they're talking about Jaxonz Positioner.

Jaxonz has a bunch of really useful, elegant utility mods that I've been meaning to do a write up on for a while because they're weirdly underrated, but I'm lazy. Basically I recommend everyone check out the rest of his mods too. My favourites are Lights Please for making Candlelight and Magelight actually useful, Renamer for renaming anything (including characters and creatures, like your horse!), and Crafting Helper for quickly grabbing all your materials with a hotkey and returning them just as easily when you're done crafting. Those last two work really well together, you can set up and lable food and material storage in your crafting area, organize all your stuff and then grab everything whenever you need it. I like it a lot more than the autosort/cloud storage mods I've tried. For some reason I get kick out of my storage making sense. So I actually use the labelled containers in my mod house for like, "Fruits and Vegetables" and "Baking supplies", and this saves me a lot of tedium grabbing all the stuff I need to make an apple dumpling or whatever. DOVAHKIIN.

fentan fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Oct 20, 2014

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

fentan posted:

Crafting Helper for quickly grabbing all your materials with a hotkey and returning them just as easily when you're done crafting. Those last two work really well together, you can set up and lable food and material storage in your crafting area, organize all your stuff and then grab everything whenever you need it.

That sounds really useful, I keep all my food and crafting stuff in Haven Bag and I've more then once left without putting something like a stack of hearts back and the next item I pick up has me overweight looking through my inventory for the reason.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

fentan posted:

Renamer for renaming anything (including characters and creatures, like your horse!)

Hell yes, I've been looking for something that would allow me to attach names to filled black soul gems (like in Morrowind). I may or may not have a habit of collecting every victim from the Dark Brotherhood questline :ninja:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

So i guess I'll start modding this game past just the unofficial patches

This is gonna be a terrible rabbit hole isn't it

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

ZenVulgarity posted:

just wait until you get to titty mods

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

ZenVulgarity posted:

"Actually play Skyrim" is at the bottom of a long to-do list that I literally actually have just for this game :smith:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Gyshall posted:

just wait until you get to titty mods

I've seen realistic horse vaginas and apparently an erection spell

Thank you Roar's stream

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

GunnerJ posted:

"Actually play Skyrim" is at the bottom of a long to-do list that I literally actually have just for this game :smith:

Pfft, its on your todo list. Modding is the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

fentan posted:

Pretty sure they're talking about Jaxonz Positioner.

Jaxonz has a bunch of really useful, elegant utility mods that I've been meaning to do a write up on for a while because they're weirdly underrated, but I'm lazy. Basically I recommend everyone check out the rest of his mods too. My favourites are Lights Please for making Candlelight and Magelight actually useful, Renamer for renaming anything (including characters and creatures, like your horse!), and Crafting Helper for quickly grabbing all your materials with a hotkey and returning them just as easily when you're done crafting. Those last two work really well together, you can set up and lable food and material storage in your crafting area, organize all your stuff and then grab everything whenever you need it. I like it a lot more than the autosort/cloud storage mods I've tried. For some reason I get kick out of my storage making sense. So I actually use the labelled containers in my mod house for like, "Fruits and Vegetables" and "Baking supplies", and this saves me a lot of tedium grabbing all the stuff I need to make an apple dumpling or whatever. DOVAHKIIN.

This looks all very cool, but the positioner is overwriting some of the renamer's scripts. Any way I can use them both together with MO?

E: Also, don't suppose there's a mod that lets you add light sources or chests or things eh? The vanilla houses are really dark. I noticed that one of Jaxonz's mods let you add chests and stuff to your house which I thought was really cool, but it seems like it's incomplete.

• Locked thread