Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

quick should I get the mario 3d world bundle or the mario kart 8 bundle

3D World GOTY two years running

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gonna go against the grain and say Mario Kart 8 is better, but they're both great

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the guy who said get the cheaper bundle and buy the other one is correct.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How good is Super Mario 3D World if you playing it solo? The measuring stick for me is Super Mario Galaxy, the best 3d platformer ever made.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
the 3d world one is only 3 cents cheaper

also what the hell is this crap, I though the deluxe edition came with a pro controller

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Andrast posted:

How good is Super Mario 3D World if you playing it solo? The measuring stick for me is Super Mario Galaxy, the best 3d platformer ever made.

I played it solo and I liked it more than Galaxy (I also really liked the Galaxy games before playing 3D World).

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

the 3d world one is only 3 cents cheaper

also what the hell is this crap, I though the deluxe edition came with a pro controller

Nope. Deluxe is black with 32GB instead of 8, and the minor poo poo you don't need like the GamePad stand.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Andrast posted:

SM3DW is still excellent if you're playing it by yourself. It's basically like an expanded Super Mario 3D Land.

It also tends to be less aggravating if you're playing it solo!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

I find the ads pretty acceptable (expect to learn when Smash Bros is released and such which I want to know but don't care enough to like mark my calendar or anything. However, they managed to flatten the battery of my tablet controller with them (I presume, could have been something else coinciding with ad wakeup I guess), so it is still failing on some important basics. Have just opted out now.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Fremry posted:

It definitely didn't say anything like that. I always opt out of any ads or promotional emails, and whatever the screen said, I opted in because it wasn't clear what it was. I was one of the people who had to come in here and ask why it was happening to figure out how to turn it off.

Hey everyone, this guy's functionally illiterate !! :allears::angel::anime::blush::cawg::cheeky::classiclol::haw::goleft::holy::keke::kiddo::kimchi::newlol::o::roflolmao::shobon::tipshat::xd::yum::D

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

I find the ads pretty acceptable (expect to learn when Smash Bros is released and such which I want to know but don't care enough to like mark my calendar or anything. However, they managed to flatten the battery of my tablet controller with them

You don't leave it plugged in when you're not using it? I mean even if you didn't buy the deluxe version of the Wii U a charging stand is like 3 dollars.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

There's a message on the Digital Deluxe Promotion site about the last day to earn points being December 31st, 2014.

Pleeeeeeeeease extend it, Nintendo. Hopefully forever!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Does DLC bought count towards the DDP? I have a physical copy of hyrule warriors but I bought the season pass.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Does DLC bought count towards the DDP? I have a physical copy of hyrule warriors but I bought the season pass.
Yeah, anything you get on the eshop gives you DDP credit.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

quick should I get the mario 3d world bundle or the mario kart 8 bundle

MK8 Bundle has a wheel and the wii mote is mario themed so get that one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

mabels big day posted:

Even Club Nintendo rewards count to the DDP. You could theoretically do the most inefficient farming ever by using coins to get Wii U games to get DDP cash to get CN surveys to get coins to get rewards to get DDP cash repeat.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

MaxDuo posted:

I feel like the OP should say something about those ads that will randomly pop onto the gamepad. I remember opting in for them, but it seems once a week or so someone comes in, confused about why their console is throwing ads at them.
There are two things that are kind of stopping me from doing that. The first is that I have no idea where I'd put something like that. I still have the too-huge FAQ chillin' out in a document, somewhere - maybe I could take that reserved third post and just build an FAQ solely on questions that people have asked in the thread. The second issue is that I'm pretty sure nobody is actually going to give a rip about what's in the OP. It's pretty, and it shows some stuff that may interest people near the top, but once you get past that, I'm pretty sure nobody checks stuff. The furthest I ever go for using the OP is down to the links to specific threads for games/series/developers. I doubt most people even get to the Recommended section, especially since we've had people asking what digital games are good on the Wii U.

Looking at it now, I actually can't find a video that shows people outright opting in, anyway. I could have sworn that I opted in when the update first came up, but now, I'm just not seeing it. It did tell me about the notifications, and it gave me an option to adjust the volume of the alerts, but apparently, that was all it did.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I didn't really dig 3D World. I haven't played 3D land, and I don't want to after 3D World. Why did some of you not like it?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA dudes, if you buy Smash U at TRU you can claim a free Amiibo: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=41442366

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo NA dudes, if you buy Smash U at TRU you can claim a free Amiibo: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=41442366

Ah dang that is a cool deal, too bad I don't live anywhere near a toys r us :(

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

I guess I'm buying the game from toys R us, as long as they have the gamecube combo pack

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

Ah dang that is a cool deal, too bad I don't live anywhere near a toys r us :(
That's good, because its an online only deal.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

homeless snail posted:

That's good, because its an online only deal.

You just got me excited but the deal does not seem to be offered on the Canadian site, oh well.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

gently caress yeah! But I was planning on getting Captain Falcon as a little christmas present for myself, and besides him, Luigi and Little Mac, everyone's paintjob seems kinda lame... bar Samus with a pretty good paintjob and a very boring pose. This is the most first-world problem i've ever had.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Until they release Dedede, Bowser and Bowser Jr amiibos Nintendo can SHOVE IT!!!!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Macaluso posted:

Until they release Dedede, Bowser and Bowser Jr amiibos Nintendo can SHOVE IT!!!!

The King Triple-D Amiibo should be solid gold, just like the character it represents.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Macaluso posted:

Check it out, it's the one person on Earth who likes Bowser Jr.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Light Gun Man posted:

He's hella fun to play in smash.

I could play one of the koopalings but everyone else does that

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I will buy a Bowser Jr. Amiibo if it comes with seven additional Koopaling Amiibos.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

I like Bowser Jr.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno, Bowser Jr. and Petey Piranha just seem like some kind of forced in Director's Pets or something to me, maybe I'm the crazy one here. They show up in sunshine suddenly and now they are in like every game forever. The Shadow the Hedgehogs of Mario, perhaps.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Light Gun Man posted:

I dunno, Bowser Jr. and Petey Piranha just seem like some kind of forced in Director's Pets or something to me, maybe I'm the crazy one here. They show up in sunshine suddenly and now they are in like every game forever. The Shadow the Hedgehogs of Mario, perhaps.

Well now I want a Shadow the Hedgehog-style game where you play as Petey Piranha who uses guns and swears randomly.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Light Gun Man posted:

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Light Gun Man posted:

oh god it's like I'm really on 4chan and people are bitching about how Rosalina is Nintendo's Lightning oh god

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ultigonio posted:

oh god it's like I'm really on 4chan and people are bitching about how Rosalina is Nintendo's Lightning oh god

Lightning like... cause she's lightning in a bottle cause she's awesome?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Like Final Fantasy, the Lightning that got her own game because she was the creator's/director's/producer's imaginary wife.

At least, that's what people tell me.

edit: My point is that it's really really stupid, all of it is really really stupid

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 19, 2014

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Ultigonio posted:

Says the person with an avatar of a Sonic friend. :colbert:

I mean hey whatever if people like those two that's cool, I just haven't seen any of my friends express that. But I am a goon, so maybe I just don't have friends.

Of course Bayonetta is the creator's ideal woman or whatever, so I suppose this practice isn't always bad.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Lightning is cool.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Light Gun Man posted:

Says the person with an avatar of a Sonic friend. :colbert:
To be honest, I really dislike Chip as he appears in Sonic Unleashed, but I love his appearance in the Night of the Werehog short so much. I'm a fake, a phony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

gently caress yeah! But I was planning on getting Captain Falcon as a little christmas present for myself, and besides him, Luigi and Little Mac, everyone's paintjob seems kinda lame... bar Samus with a pretty good paintjob and a very boring pose. This is the most first-world problem i've ever had.

Yeah I'm not against the idea of getting an amiibo to stick on my desk or something, but most of them don't really appeal to me. And samus, like you said, has a really lame pose.

• Locked thread