Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Do you love Matt and Pat complaining and bitching about basic game designs? Then yes, watch them because it is hilarious how many times they keep calling both games Downcoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Would people here recommend the Silent Hill Downpour and Homecoming LPs?

Absolutely yes. Two of my favorite LPs they've done and you have to watch both to truly appreciate the insanity.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Downpour in my opinion is a bit of a slog to get through, but Homecoming is an absolute yes.

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
I wonder what the chances are that we get an Evil Within LP? I'd kill to see them play that.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Downpour is mostly notable for Matt's sick skills with a fireaxe, but Homecoming, now that's a show.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think I'll watch Homecoming next, then. Thanks!

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Downpour is mostly notable for Matt's sick skills with a fireaxe, but Homecoming, now that's a show.

Don't forget this guy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Figures that Woolie immediately finds out why his weapon would cause the barrels to explore because he uses actual logic (weapons hitting the wall make sparks, the sparks set the fire).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This dog is amazing and adorable and I don't even like dogs.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Real talk I would totally use time travel to win the lottery. Like, the worse thing that'll happen is someone will unknowingly have to split their millions and if you win that big you don't really give a poo poo anyway.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

DrManiac posted:

Real talk I would totally use time travel to win the lottery. Like, the worse thing that'll happen is someone will unknowingly have to split their millions and if you win that big you don't really give a poo poo anyway.

The worst thing that can happen is that you win the big jack pot one drawing before another person was destined to win it. You get your 370 million dollars and they don't play at all the next week because the pay out is so low. You buy a nice house and have a decent life, although you're always slightly alienated from your friends because of your money. The person who would have won instead never gets the chance to invest in the tech start up with a portion of their winnings. This startup would have fertilized previously un-farmable lands. This increase in agriculture leads to a new golden age.

With all of our basic needs met all over the planet, we begin our first universal project to create livable colonies in space. This soon leads to colonizing planets outside of our own solar system. A new space age is born.

But that never happens. Because you won the lottery, we are woefully behind where we should be scientifically. When the asteroid that destroys the planet earth comes in 400 years, we are unprepared. Humanity dies.

You monster.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

DrManiac posted:

So obviously the best thing to do is find a jackpot that no one won, so no one loses out when you win it, since they were all guaranteed to lose anyway. And future lottery players are not ambushed by any fixing, so when they buy tickets next week, they have a correct knowledge of the EV going into it. All it does is change the decisions of next week's players, but no one lost anything or was taken advantage of (anymore than the lottery normally does anyway).

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I just got done watching the Mr. Bones video and I want to say I love Matt for mentioning shareware and namedropping Monster Bash, Hocus Pocus, and Commander Keen all within a two-minute span.

If you haven't heard of it, Matt, get DOSBox. I have it on all of my computers and it will make those games run just fine: http://www.dosbox.com/information.php?page=0. This is how most of the DOS games sold on GOG and Steam work nowadays; they're in a pre-configured DOSBox wrapper. I still like tinkering with it manually though and using the command prompt since I'm super nostalgic for it.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 18, 2014

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYHXqis8Pf0

I literally watched the final episode of GL the day it was subbed immediately before a class.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

:allears: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=324887290

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh my god yes

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Who would be interested in a "WEEK OF SHAREWARE"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Me

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

Shareware is the greatest

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I sure as hell would be.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

Consider my hand raised.

RGB Classic Games is a great site for old shareware game downloads, as well as the occasional full version that's been legally freed by the original authors. And of course there's GOG for a lot of the Apogee stuff!

I'm kind of surprised by how little of Epic's pre-Unreal stuff is still legally attainable at this point! They have some great old games like Epic Pinball and Jazz Jackrabbit, but up until recently the only way to buy them online was as the original physical media (floppy disks!!) via mail order from Tim Sweeney's dad.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

TheRealestMatt posted:

Only if it includes Jazz Jackrabbit 2, the greatest shareware game ever

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

I raise two hands: mine and my roommate's.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TheRealestMatt posted:

I am on board so hard.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

If this is influenced by Giant Bomb's Demo Derby, you've got a good idea on your hands. The amount of shareware is limitless and the potential for absurdly stupid/busted nonsense is extremely high. Do it

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

You already know what my answer is. My nostalgia boner is already swaying in the wind.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

TheRealestMatt posted:

As long as it includes the sharewre version of Quake, I am more than okay with this!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Yup yup.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Week of Shareware is codeword for "Operation: Kill Pat via bloodpressure"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Yes a week of shareware would be amazing.

Matt, if you make a week of shareware and not have Dangerous Dave 2 I swear to god I'll not watch any of your vids anymore for like a week or something.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_Dave_in_the_Haunted_Mansion

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Get some Bio Menace in there

Look at that guy!

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

straight jerkers posted:

Look at that guy!

gently caress YEAH

I loved Bio Menace!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That picture clearly indicates that Bio Menace is NOT shareware. Have some professionalism, please.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 18, 2014

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

straight jerkers posted:

Look at that guy!

The original episodic gaming motherfucker

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

gently caress YEAH

I loved Bio Menace!

Oh man, you're getting more awesome by the minute. It's freeware too right on the 3D Realms site!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

TheRealestMatt posted:

Only if you also do a week of random Doom WADs.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Do it in December and call it White Elephant Shareware Month/Week

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Okay, some stuff off the top of my head.

Blake Stone Aliens of Gold
Monster Bash
Commander Keen
Bio Menace
Rise of the Triad
Jaz Jackrabbit

Name me mores!

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Liero Xtreme for fisticuffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU