Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Haha, oops. Like I said before Im terrible with the written word :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't drink coffee or tea, and have even dropped energy drinks.

That's right, i stay awake au naturel, sometimes up to 12 hours a day :smug:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

General_Failure posted:

Misandry and espresso chat

My mother is a misandrist. She had two sons. Yup.

Espresso machines are the loving BEST. I fill a couple coffee cups with the stuff every morning or until I smell colors.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Sloe gin is the best gin, but all gin is good.

But the cask strength Aberlour and Edradour I have been drinking tonight were very special :3:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
nm, the bartender put ice in my manhattan. :sigh:

My date is lame but the bar is playing Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat and the Descendents so I think I'll be okay.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Did you ask for it straight up or on the rocks? You gotta be specific or sometimes the bartender will just do it the easiest way (on the rocks).

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

goatse guy posted:

My date is lame but the bar is playing Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat and the Descendents so I think I'll be okay.

gently caress yes DK. That alone redeems things :v:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

goatse guy posted:

Was this the one you had high hopes for?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

InitialDave posted:

I can't stand the taste of coffee at all. Never drink the stuff, ever. You're all monsters.

So what do you drink when you sit around with other car people on the weekends to talk about cars? I am not a coffee drinker either. No energy drinks, maybe average a can of soda every 1 1/2 weeks.

Speaking of C&C, today a dude was checking out my M3 poorwägen and started chatting me up asking me about it. I asked what he drove over and he points over and says 'oh, the red 458 over there' and I was like 'yeah let's go talk about your car instead'. Dude just moved to salt lake from Texas and was chill. His car was perfection. He'd had it for 2 years and just rolled over 6k so at least it's getting driven. It made some wonderful music as he left.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Did my minute long snapchat work on anybody else's phone?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CharlesM posted:

Yup.

It even made the news.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/10/18/coach-accidentally-sends-masturbation-video-to-team/17511527/

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

goatse guy posted:

You missed where I said beer when you named the location. Get more drunk, maybe he will get interesting.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Motronic posted:

Good gin isn't to be mixed with tonic, which is probably why you can't taste the difference. If it's for a G&T just use Bombay or something middle shelf. Or if you really like a good bite Beefeater (that's my go-to for gin and tonics).

Gilbey's for my G&T's. Biggest call there is don't gently caress up and use lovely tonic water that's been going to rear end in a plastic bottle on a shelf somewhere for the last two years. Get it in glass, or make it yourself.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

CharlesM posted:

all I got was a slightly growing "my movie"

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

goatse guy posted:

Wasn't ever really into DK or Minor Threat, but I fuckin' love the Descendents. I still listen to Milo Goes to College at least once a week.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
Everything Sux is my album of choice.

I've drank enough to try karaoke. This guy isn't awful, he just doesn't like cars. :sigh:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

goatse guy posted:

I've drank enough to try karaoke. This guy isn't awful, he just doesn't like cars. :sigh:

I didn't know you dated women too.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

goatse guy posted:

Are you on a date with my brother?

Kidding aside, he's the least mechanically adept engineer I've ever met. Granted, he's a chemical engineer, but I should not have to help put Ikea poo poo together.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

goatse guy posted:

he just doesn't like cars. :sigh:

Move onto the next one

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Holdbrooks posted:

all I got was a slightly growing "my movie"

aww that's disappointing

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

goatse guy posted:

Unfortunately, all my Minneapolis friends I'm still in contact with who like cars are married, gay, or women. They're also almost all lawyers, which sure is a downside (on the upside, they're very friendly with alcohol).

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

So what do you drink when you sit around with other car people on the weekends to talk about cars?
Soft drinks or water if I'm driving, beer if I'm not.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

bandman posted:

but I should not have to help put Ikea poo poo together.

Dude, I used to work for Ikea. Mostly as a cashier, but sometimes went out to deliver/help setup.

I usually wind up throwing several things every time I try to put anything from there together.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

Soft drinks or water if I'm driving, beer if I'm not.

What about tea? :britain:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I rarely drink coffee as coffee, but I practically consume my body weight a day in this stuff:

Fun fact- South Australia is the only place in the world where a milk beverage outsells coke- in 2008 we drank 36 Million litres of FUIC!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmers_Union_Iced_Coffee

Just dont read the nutritional information, theres something like 64 grams of sugar in one of those cartons...

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

goatse guy posted:

Easy solution. Move Australia, date KaptainBallistik. You will get a ride in a genuine PWRC car too.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Ferremit posted:

I rarely drink coffee as coffee, but I practically consume my body weight a day in this stuff:

Fun fact- South Australia is the only place in the world where a milk beverage outsells coke- in 2008 we drank 36 Million litres of FUIC!

Just dont read the nutritional information, theres something like 64 grams of sugar in one of those cartons...

It's been a while since I've been to Japan sadly but it seems like they have lots of these iced coffee drinks for sale, complete with picture of Tommy Lee Jones on the ads.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So through 3 days of cleaning, I stumbled across a CD binder full of movies that I haven't seen since 2005 or 2006.

I had completely forgotten there was a Criterion Collection version of Dazed & Confused (which includes a "making of" DVD). Forgot I had BT's This Binary Universe. Forgot how less twisted my taste in movies was. Half of the collection is stoner movies, 1/4 is oddball concerts, the rest are bad horror movies.

I forgot how much weed I smoked back then. :2bong:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

What about tea? :britain:
Tea is for when I need to engage my brain to wield on something, but also be calm about it.

CharlesM posted:

It's been a while since I've been to Japan sadly but it seems like they have lots of these iced coffee drinks for sale, complete with picture of Tommy Lee Jones on the ads.
Yeah, Boss.

Last time I was there I bought about a dozen cans of iced coffee in order to get the free Initial D toys, then gave the cans themselves to a slightly confused (and later probably slightly hyper) girl on the hotel front desk.

It's the warm fruit teas from the vending machines that I go for.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I'd like to visit again someday but for now it's not feasible. :(

In a few years I will need to imprint a pristine Mazda 323 or GTAe though... :getin:

goatse guy posted:

Maybe I'm old and out of touch but if I found my date posting on SA I'd consider it a failure.

Funnily enough, the only times I've done karaoke I've been stone cold sober.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

CharlesM posted:

Maybe I'm old and out of touch but if I found my date posting on SA I'd consider it a failure.

But you post on SA, so?

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Ferremit posted:

This really is the best poo poo. But uh, if you really drank your body weight I think your body weight would be exponential ;)

I wish I could get this or Classic Chocolate Milk where I'm living now. But all we have are these awful 250ml bottles containing UHT milk, artificial sweetener and chocolate flavour.

I have no joke drunk 2L of Classic Chocolate Milk in one day, that's 6,820kJ or 1630kcal, 184 grams of sugar..... would do it again.

:yayclod:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

some texas redneck posted:

So through 3 days of cleaning, I stumbled across a CD binder full of movies that I haven't seen since 2005 or 2006.

I had completely forgotten there was a Criterion Collection version of Dazed & Confused (which includes a "making of" DVD). Forgot I had BT's This Binary Universe. Forgot how less twisted my taste in movies was. Half of the collection is stoner movies, 1/4 is oddball concerts, the rest are bad horror movies.

I forgot how much weed I smoked back then. :2bong:

Dazed and Confused will never get old. Everyone can relate to a character in that movie.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

More FLIR: Checking around the house this morning and found a missing piece of insulation in my boy's room. It's an interior wall, so it's no big deal (insulated all interior walls for sound control), but it's amazing how clearly it stands out:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I found a bottle of Tanqueray gin that had been hiding in the back of my liqour cabinet for anywhere from 15 to 30 years. I drank a bunch with some friends including an attempt at making a champagne fizz. It tasted pretty good once I got the ratio adjusted from the official instructions.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Cakefool posted:

But you post on SA, so?

He meant while on the date :ssh: and yeah, phone posting on a date means it's not gone well.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Cat Terrist posted:

Easy solution. Move Australia, date KaptainBallistik. You will get a ride in a genuine PWRC car too.

Pros: I could finally get all of the JDM cars I lust after. Cons: venomous creatures.

Normally I wouldn't take my phone out during a date because it's rude, but my phone was blowing up thanks to my chatty-rear end friends and finally he was like, "Uh, do you want to get that?"

nm, I don't think I could ever date an attorney, because my dad is like the Saul Goodman of patent law and it put me off of attorneys forever.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Lol the i3 has 20" wheels with 10" rotors.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Phone posted:

That's the least if its worries.

Edit: To be fair, though, the 20" wheels are an option and the brakes are augmented by regenerative, right?

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Phone posted:

Since it's electric, maybe it has oversized wheels to help with it's gearing.

• Locked thread