Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Impa is still the coolest though.

Impa/Volga is my OTP.

I gotta commission that guy that draws the silly Cia comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I felt bad for Cia when her last mission starts going pear shaped and she has a panic attack and starts mumbling "the hero is here with me" to herself :smith:

I like playing as her though. Shadow Link lawnmower rules and I like setting down those giant traps.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

There's a square on the Adventure Mode map I'm not sure how to access. Something about fighting a primordial beast and the A rank is a Zant heart piece, I think. When I try to access it it says the enemies need to be drawn out yet there's no butterflies or ring of fire or anything so I dunno.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Messing around in a mission and some bulbins decided to turn traitorous to the enemy team. They kinda followed me around and attacked when I did and the game counted them as allies.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

There's a square on the Adventure Mode map I'm not sure how to access. Something about fighting a primordial beast and the A rank is a Zant heart piece, I think. When I try to access it it says the enemies need to be drawn out yet there's no butterflies or ring of fire or anything so I dunno.

You need to use the recorder on the lake.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Messing around in a mission and some bulbins decided to turn traitorous to the enemy team. They kinda followed me around and attacked when I did and the game counted them as allies.

Is that the waifu rewards map? One of the keeps spawns bulbins.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

You need to use the recorder on the lake.

drat. I tried using the recorder on the ground and nothing happened. Then I tried using a compass but it just revealed the secret I already revealed on the square. Gaaaaaaaaaaame! :arghfist::saddowns:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

RyokoTK posted:

Is that the waifu rewards map? One of the keeps spawns bulbins.

Oh huh, how strange. Yeah it was, I guess I just didn't notice and they were glued to me instead of running around so figured it was a bug.

Also Sheik just tried to bludgeon me to death with a ladder. What a jerk.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
This game just keeps getting better. Cia and Volga can REALLY clean house. Volga turns into a freaking dragon and divebombs into the ground as an attack how cool is that?

Plus I get new weapons, new costumes, this game just keeps getting better.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Spectacle Rock posted:

This game just keeps getting better. Cia and Volga can REALLY clean house. Volga turns into a freaking dragon and divebombs into the ground as an attack how cool is that?

Plus I get new weapons, new costumes, this game just keeps getting better.

Just wait until the Groose and swimsuit costume DLC comes out. It's nothing but good times ahead for Hyrule Warriors fans.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
I had so much trouble with Zelda's Rank 2 baton map. My main issue was being so insistent on using the level 1 baton for it. Except Wizzro would ruin every attempt. I finally switched to the rapier, and instead of having issues with taking too much damage, I had trouble getting the kill count I needed within the time limit. I just barely met both requirements on the first try with the rapier. If your main problem with A-ranking the map is Wizzro, just switch to the Rapier.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lulu and Darmani look boss as hell, I don't think I'm taking those costumes off.

I find it odd Darmani has details such as the scar on his gut, and Lulu looks completely different- yet the Hilda and Ravio costumes are lacking a lot of things that make them complete (scarf/black hair, upside down triforce etc)

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

If some maps in Adventure Mode (the OG map, not the Master Quest map) are wrecking me, or if enemy captains seem like infinite damage sponges, should I play through the main campaign on Hard to level up? Most of my peeps are in the late 20's, save for Link/Ganondorf who are around 38. Not sure if I should just grind rupees to buy levels or if I should just blow through Adventure to grind.

I haven't really been keeping track of optimal things posted in the threads. I just kinda hit a wall, snapped back and realized you have to think about things in this game sometimes.

MykonosFan fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 19, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

MykonosFan posted:

If some maps in Adventure Mode (the OG map, not the Master Quest map) are wrecking me, or if enemy captains seem like infinite damage sponges, should I play through the main campaign on Hard to level up? Most of my peeps are in the late 20's, save for Link/Ganondorf who are around 38. Not sure if I should just grind rupees to buy levels or if I should just blow through Adventure to grind.

I haven't really been keeping track of optimal things posted in the threads. I just kinda hit a wall, snapped back and realized you have to think about things in this game sometimes.

Adventure mode seems to be based around level 40 balance (though the top of the maps usually go higher).

Just beeline for new weapons and they'll help you more then anything else.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Weapon rank missions are great to level up on because they throw tons of poo poo at you and even if you can't A rank it, if you're underleveled you'll get a couple level ups every time.

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Lulu and Darmani look boss as hell, I don't think I'm taking those costumes off.

I find it odd Darmani has details such as the scar on his gut, and Lulu looks completely different- yet the Hilda and Ravio costumes are lacking a lot of things that make them complete (scarf/black hair, upside down triforce etc)

I don't think it's supposed to be a Ravio costume. It's probably just the last of the Four Sword colors.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Glenn565 posted:

I don't think it's supposed to be a Ravio costume. It's probably just the last of the Four Sword colors.

Now I'm waiting for LBW2 where there are four different worlds and the only difference is which color Link is the primary one when the Four Sword is pulled.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Glenn565 posted:

Only reason I'm calling it that is due to Hilda really.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I cut the recolors a lot of slack since they made them as a bonus and didn't even officially mention them until the release day trailer. I wonder if there's going to be more surprises like that in the two coming maps.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Oh wow, you guys weren't kidding. Not only do they put Volga's LV3 right next to you, but the mission is easy as crap (after screwing up the first couple times and buying my way to level 50). Why would you even do that? What's the point of even getting the LV2 now? Is Cia the same way? I've been making a beeline for her LV2, should I just skip it and go for 3?

Also I hate that they put both of Cia's upgrades on the far corner's of the map.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of future Adventure Maps, I hope they use different locations. I don't mind Master Quest being Zelda 1 still, since it seems to be covering the second quest map, but it would suck all the maps are just the Zelda 1 overworld constantly.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So, are there any specific maps which are good for grinding? I just unlocked the first Rewards map and it was taking me almost two full combos to knock out a keep boss, and Adventure maps are getting tougher too, so i'm feeling like i'm a little underleveled. My strongest warrior is level 34, is that appropriate for the level 3 weapon missions? Because that's about where i'm up to.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

So, are there any specific maps which are good for grinding? I just unlocked the first Rewards map and it was taking me almost two full combos to knock out a keep boss, and Adventure maps are getting tougher too, so i'm feeling like i'm a little underleveled. My strongest warrior is level 34, is that appropriate for the level 3 weapon missions? Because that's about where i'm up to.

You'll want to be a minimum of 40 for most of the level 3 missions, I've found. Make sure to have at least a 3 star level 2 weapon on hand, as well.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Rirse posted:

Speaking of future Adventure Maps, I hope they use different locations. I don't mind Master Quest being Zelda 1 still, since it seems to be covering the second quest map, but it would suck all the maps are just the Zelda 1 overworld constantly.

LTTP overworld please thanks.

Also I want a playable Nabooru and I see that there's a Majora's Mask DLC in the pipeline too? I shudder with anticipation

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

LTTP overworld please thanks.

Also I want a playable Nabooru and I see that there's a Majora's Mask DLC in the pipeline too? I shudder with anticipation

I would be thoroughly impressed if they made an actual LTTP world map and LTTP style sprites for each character. Also, we're getting the TP pack before the MM one, and I'm really looking forward to it. Though I wonder what characters they could really add. Probably wolf Link, and maybe the yeti and Ashei? Or comedy option Malo, who wins by offering such great deals the enemies die from shock!

Also after playing her more, I think Cia might be my favorite character to use. All of her combos, her special attacks, focus, and weakness crush are really useful and strong, and they feel good to use. Stomps in particular are ridiculously good. She's just a really well put together character with nothing that you ever feel like kicking yourself for accidentally using, with perhaps her only failing being that she does not appear to have any weaknesses. I guess maybe she also doesn't laugh enough.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
why is it that only sometimes you can see where the manhandla seed will hit and other times the game will just decide that it wants to gently caress with you and hit you

Lessail fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Oct 19, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I am so lame I basically only ever use Link unless otherwise required. I call it levelling, but really the Master Sword circle slash is just too good for so little effort.

Also I am so far behind y'all. I only now finally unlocked all the characters.

I really ought to know better than trying to keep up.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Don't feel too bad...I've yet to bear Normal legend mode.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oh, I don't feel bad. That circle slash is antithetical to feeling bad.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

MykonosFan posted:

Get all of the normal skulltulas and unlock the first rewards map. It's an easy and efficient way to rack up a ton of XP and money. Adventure mode can be really rough but once I got everyone up to 30+ I was able to knock out the southern half of the map without any trouble, and by the time I was going for the really tough missions on the north side I was at 50+ for almost everyone.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Even though you're underleveled for that rewards map, it's going to be the best choice for grinding XP. Bear in mind that not only are you gaining lots of levels from it, you also get 40,000 rupees for finishing it, so you can use that to buy more levels on top of it. It's a really easy mission even if it does take a lot of time, just make sure to drag it out at the beginning so all of the yellow captains are at the lowest HP possible when you enrage them, and then go rescue Midna (in the center-most keep) because she'll be the one who doesn't take as much damage as the others.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

chumbler posted:

I would be thoroughly impressed if they made an actual LTTP world map and LTTP style sprites for each character. Also, we're getting the TP pack before the MM one, and I'm really looking forward to it. Though I wonder what characters they could really add. Probably wolf Link, and maybe the yeti and Ashei? Or comedy option Malo, who wins by offering such great deals the enemies die from shock!

I figure they'll probably just make humanoid Midna her own character, though I wouldn't mind the nerd with the statue-controlling rod as weapon. Give another character the spinner as a new weapon and we basically have everything most people care about TP.

No way they're not making Tingle one of the Majora's Mask characters, though. Isn't he super popular in Japan anyway?

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Could someone give me tips on fighting Volga? Sometimes when he divebombs from dragon mode I can avoid the explosion by running up to it and then attacking his weak point and sometimes I get hurt and knocked away. I've also found that blocking doesn't really work on most of his attacks. It keeps ruining my damage A ranks

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
The quiz battle on square A2 is just brutal. If you take more than one hit from a special from any of those dudes, you're done for your A-Rank. Get Impa's level 3 fire-recommended resist badge, definitely.

Arbitrary Coin posted:

Could someone give me tips on fighting Volga? Sometimes when he divebombs from dragon mode I can avoid the explosion by running up to it and then attacking his weak point and sometimes I get hurt and knocked away. I've also found that blocking doesn't really work on most of his attacks. It keeps ruining my damage A ranks

Hit him with your regular combo until he blocks, then keep hitting him. As soon as you see him twirl his spear and get ready to jump, dodge around him and start comboing again; his riposte leaves him open.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 19, 2014

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!
I finally unlocked all the weapons and started grinding down the master sword KO requirement on the remaining 1200 kills gold skulltullas, UT I still need 15000 or so kills.

Tried doing the first Master Quest map, with 6 minutes and kill as many as you can, but that's still only 2000 or so KOs every 8 minutes. Is there a preferred place to knock those out? I'd rather not spend well over an hour to unlock this again on another characters weapon.

JavaJesus
Jul 4, 2007

Last week I posted an Open Office spreadsheet to track badge creation, and this week I finished the replacement that the spreadsheet sorely needed: Using actual programming languages to make a tracker that doesn't suck! Similar to the spreadsheet it does have one slight drawback in that if you want your completed badges and material counts to persist even after you close and reopen the page you'll have to make an account on my site. But since it's pretty much the most rudimentary account system that can still be called an account system, you don't actually need anything beyond a username and password.

To use the tracker, it's pretty much the same as the spreadsheet (keep track of how many materials you have and which badges you've created), but with more features.
  • There's a button at the top with an image of a wrench on it that will open up an options menu.
    • "Hide Completed Materials" and "Hide Completed Badges" will do just that: Hide the rows of badges you've made and materials you don't have to collect anymore. If you want to show the completed rows again, once hidden the "Hide" option will change to a "Show" option.
    • "Enter Setup Mode": One of the things I was able to do now that I've moved away from Open Office is to only allow a badge to be marked as created if it's possible to create that badge. Setup mode will bypass that and allow all badges to be marked as created so that you can get the list caught up to what you currently have.
    • "Choose Game": Right now I only have Hyrule Warriors set up to use this new page, but the spreadsheet evolved as I used it across Ni No Kuni and Nier, and plenty of other games use this setup of using materials to make things, so it's not impossible that I'll eventually add more games to the tracker.
  • Both lists can scroll independently of each other.
  • The materials list now has a second column of text boxes to put numbers into and a button named "Apply Earned Materials". With this, at the end of a stage you can put the number of materials that dropped into that second column and press the button to add those materials to what you own.
  • Both sets of text boxes will highlight the contents when you click inside them to make it easier to quickly edit them. *note* For some reason this doesn't currently work in Chrome. I'll start looking into why it's not working. This now works in Chrome.
  • When you mark a badge as completed that was not completed when you loaded the page, it will automatically remove the materials you needed to make that badge from the materials you own. If you accidentally mark the wrong badge as completed, unmarking it will then put the materials back as long as you haven't reloaded the page after marking it.

Right now I don't have the new DLC stuff added in, but I'll post when I get them added. I've used this new page to record several characters worth of badges and everything seems to be working correctly, but don't hesitate to let me know if something's screwing up.

JavaJesus fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 19, 2014

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

a cartoon duck posted:

No way they're not making Tingle one of the Majora's Mask characters, though. Isn't he super popular in Japan anyway?

Tingle, Tingle, Kooloo-Limpah! *everything dies*

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Octolady posted:

Tingle, Tingle, Kooloo-Limpah! *everything dies*

Every time he hits a monster he steals all of its rupees.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Man, I absolutely love those rampage missions, but I just know somewhere down the line is one with one or more Imprisoned enemies and the mission type will be absolutely ruined, just like everything else is that the Imprisoned touches.

Also, I almost wish you'd level slower in this game. By the time the last couple DLCs hit I wouldn't be surprised if I hit 99 with most characters.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

a cartoon duck posted:

Man, I absolutely love those rampage missions, but I just know somewhere down the line is one with one or more Imprisoned enemies and the mission type will be absolutely ruined, just like everything else is that the Imprisoned touches.

But the Imprisoned is the easiest giant boss in the game, you don't have to wait for it to use any specific attacks before you can damage him and all of his attacks are laughably easy to avoid :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, especially since they added two characters who just explode him from the other side of the map.

• Locked thread