Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

hypersleep posted:

Going to have to agree. There have been weak episodes before but this one was the weakest. It didn't advance the story in any way whatsoever, and even as filler it was lame.

Also I just realized, if Leo was in a pseudo-coma for three months, how is he not utterly weak/emaciated? We are to presume that he didn't eat or drink during this time, right?

I know, it's a cartoon...

He can barely walk. He's not exactly springing back to normal. Plus mutant, ninja,etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Having bigfoot just wandering around the woods was odd even by Turtles standards, and The Finger was pretty lolrandom. Add in the Donnie / romance plot, and it felt like a episode of the 90s cartoon, and not in a good way. They used to run into all sorts of weird stuff out in those woods in the classic comics, but the farm stories were generally more grounded. But this was pretty out there.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The turtles are just a weird magnet, always have been.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
And right back to Donnie hitting on April.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Okay, that was one homage episode I wasn't expecting. :stare:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Jesus that was terrifying.
I just hope they'll elaborate on April's powers soon, this was like the third time the turtles won by April getting scared and yelling while indadvertedly activating her powers.

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

That had a bundle of Evil Dead and The Thing references, possibly even Pod People. Episode ruled.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Did I miss an episode?

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Sweet episode. Out of everything it was possessed Mikey that bothered me the most. Reminded me of the creepy Link statue from Majora's Mask. I grew up in the woods and I love how that's where the creepiest stuff always happens. I wish stuff like that actually happened, would be a lot less boring out there.

Good to see Raph kicking rear end and I'm glad that Mikey kick started the suspicion rather than Donny. On the subject of last weeks stinker episode I was thinking there are plenty of other directions they could take Don. Since Leo is still injured they could have him take initiative and step up to be the second in command. Or they could expand on the whole mutagen man issue and have him start working harder to be a better teacher/mentor.

Guess I'm just really disappointed that the writers decided to drag out this lame love triangle instead.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I really hope shows like TMNT look at the new season of Gravity Falls and go "yep, that's a good idea" re: stupid non-relationship relationships.

I've been slowly catching up with the rest of season 2 though, and at the very least there have been scenes where Donatello shittalks Casey about it, so that's SOMETHING I guess.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 18, 2014

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
How many horror movie homages are we up to now? Aliens, Friday 13th, Terminator, The Fly, Thing. Do Pizzaface and Ratking episodes also map to horror movies? I know they spoiled one more for this season on a panel at least, and the stinger at the end of this episode makes me think they will do a Night of the Living Dead with frog mutants. I hope there are some toads with rashes, zits and pimples.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Neon Knight posted:

How many horror movie homages are we up to now? Aliens, Friday 13th, Terminator, The Fly, Thing. Do Pizzaface and Ratking episodes also map to horror movies? I know they spoiled one more for this season on a panel at least, and the stinger at the end of this episode makes me think they will do a Night of the Living Dead with frog mutants. I hope there are some toads with rashes, zits and pimples.

Seems to be a month of Halloween episodes, they'll have to throw zombies in there somewhere. Part of me is now wondering if this is going to be a more or less self contained month of episodes ending right on Halloween with all the baddies that can come back will.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Jesus christ that monster legit scared me near the end.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
There was also kinda a Nightmare on Elm Street reference with that monster and all the turtle heads pop out and start talking.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
What was the last episode? I only remember the Bigfoot one. I seriously think my DVR skipped something.

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

MrBigglesworth posted:

What was the last episode? I only remember the Bigfoot one. I seriously think my DVR skipped something.

There was a new episode last night.

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

No love for the return of Renae Jacobs to the series? Still has the same familiar scream even 25 years later

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I forgot about the stinger. Punk Frogs maybe?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

nonrev posted:

No love for the return of Renae Jacobs to the series? Still has the same familiar scream even 25 years later

drat, I totally missed that.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
That story pretty clearly didn't check out anyway. Kirby escapes from the farm and just goes about his daily life for 10 years without telling anyone or the Krang hunting him down. Can't wait for Napoleon, Genghis Frog and the others.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Goddamn that episode was legitimately terrifying.

Never thought I'd say this about a TMNT episode, but I don't think I want to watch this episode again. haha It was enough with Stinkweed splitting in two and April-Derp but gently caress that horrible Mom monster thing. Ugh.

Awesome episode. Right up there with the 2003 TMNT episode "Insane in the Membrane" in terms of hosed up ness for me.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Looks like no episode this week which sucks. Given that Friday of next week is Halloween I hope they do a special episode, although I'm really surprised they didn't just hold off this one until then given it was pretty much straight up horror. Killer episode.

Pendergast
Nov 11, 2012
I can not wait for next week. Beavers voiced by Robert Englund and John Kassir that infiltrate dreams.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
That was certainly an interesting take on the frogs.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dr_Amazing posted:

That was certainly an interesting take on the frogs.

I should have seen the Napoleon Bonafrog thing coming ...

I'm impressed that they actually got Jon Heder aka Napoleon Dynamite to do the voicework.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I was expecting to hate this episode (lost a lot of goodwill from the bigfoot episode) but it was actually pretty great. A simple little story that was well told, and Napolean was actually a pretty good character. I hope the frogs return when they get back to new york... how long are the turtles going to bum around in the woods anyway.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
This is perhaps the greatest shot from the new episode:

http://i.imgur.com/HKsuMxK.jpg

Wait, is that..?

http://i.imgur.com/W0IgoGW.jpg

:aaa:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

MaliciousOnion posted:

This is perhaps the greatest shot from the new episode:

http://i.imgur.com/HKsuMxK.jpg

Wait, is that..?

http://i.imgur.com/W0IgoGW.jpg

:aaa:

Yeah that reference was basically perfect.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
God drat it, I was trying to forget how completely hideous the turtles are in the Michael Bay movie.

pattywacker
Nov 8, 2005
the reference to the rapist search newscaster in that is too good

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pendergast posted:

I can not wait for next week. Beavers voiced by Robert Englund and John Kassir that infiltrate dreams.

I'm getting pretty sick of the gang hanging out at the farm but the ridiculously good selection of guest voice talent is doing a pretty job of distracting me from all that.

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

Such an awesome episode, holy poo poo. Bill Moseley also voices the convenience store clerk.

afterhours
Jul 1, 2007
Meh, I haven't enjoyed the new season too much. It's felt almost like a different series? But this was a pretty good episode. It seems like every episode so far has been very... Halloween-y.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Felt like a bit of a retread of the D&D one.

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

afterhours posted:

Meh, I haven't enjoyed the new season too much. It's felt almost like a different series? But this was a pretty good episode. It seems like every episode so far has been very... Halloween-y.

I think these episodes were supposed to air in September and October but the schedule got delayed because of the movie release.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Another fantastic episode. All the Speed Demon designs were really great, especially Donnie really looked like an actual toy from the 90s.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Donnie turned into Rat Fink. Okay, I didn't see that one coming. :psyduck:

The fact that the 'co-pilot' Dr Cluckingsworth MD was in a cage shaped like R2D2 was a nice touch.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Didn't like it all that much. Donnie's crush on April is consistently the worst part of the show, and its gotten to the point where it has made Cassie interact more with Donie because of the dumb triangle than with Raph overall. A nice April episode would be good right about now. I just want them to go back to the city already.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
They needed to pull off the band-aid re: Donnie and April and when they had the chance they didn't do it. Gravity Falls handled it a lot better with Dipper and Wendy.

I liked the episode but for the past several it's felt like treading water without much character growth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

kefkafloyd posted:

They needed to pull off the band-aid re: Donnie and April and when they had the chance they didn't do it. Gravity Falls handled it a lot better with Dipper and Wendy.

I liked the episode but for the past several it's felt like treading water without much character growth.

It feels like they made a month of Halloween episodes but got delayed for two weeks during the middle of October for whatever reason. Of course even if they aired straight through October it'd still be a week into November for this episode so who knows.

• Locked thread