Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Why does it have to be in hex? Couldn't you just use like, #purpleforbecca and not look like an insufferable dweeb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Awfully specific on the type of bullet that we should take to our heads.

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

Ludicro posted:

Is red the OP's mother/aunt/grandma?

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Goosed it. posted:

Is red the OP's mother/aunt/grandma?

No shes a friend of mine, I assume she is just friends with this other fellow.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Ludicro posted:

I hope you or someone else suggested he get therapy, even over private messaging. :stare:

Rainbow Riot
Aug 28, 2013

Scampering for Satan!
I'm part of a group that includes some pretty dedicated and ignorant hippies. They're constantly posting about Mercury in retrograde, anti-vaccination nonsense, and just ridiculous conspiracy theories. This, however, I think takes the cake with regards to crazy.

And yes, urine therapy is exactly what you think it is.

I've seen this woman claiming in other threads that all you need to cure/protect yourself from Ebola and all other diseases is drink your own pee every day.

Here is the video she linked, which I guess is an hour long instruction on how to drink your own urine. I haven't watched it, but wanted to share anyway. Since she posted it on Youtube, I'm guessing she doesn't care that this is public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWIxNTU_l9A

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Urine Therapy is one of those things that I wish I could have invented just to gently caress with people and come out decades later laughing with my giant bags of money under each arm.

Rainbow Riot
Aug 28, 2013

Scampering for Satan!
My favorite part might be all the people who are excited and following the post. They can't even wait!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Following

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

F

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Gene Poole is so close to getting that ALL of these alt-health people are "just salesmen first and foremost" and everything they say is one long ad for some bullshit product or another.

Rainbow Riot
Aug 28, 2013

Scampering for Satan!
Well, she's the one who's been drinking her own pee, so I don't know how close she really is.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
What's their reasoning behind it? What good could come from drinking stuff your body's decided to flush out of itself? Would you end up with super-concentrated pee after a while?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Rainbow Riot posted:

Here is the video she linked, which I guess is an hour long instruction on how to drink your own urine. I haven't watched it, but wanted to share anyway. Since she posted it on Youtube, I'm guessing she doesn't care that this is public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWIxNTU_l9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWIxNTU_l9A&t=461s
Here's where the great pseudoscience stuff goes in to crazy territory, 7:42.

e: Well... goes in to humorously crazy territory. It's obviously crazy before that but not as funny as "distilled water has a negative charge, bad bacteria and viruses have a positive charge and the distilled water will go like a magnet to it and remove it, while good bacteria also has a negative charge."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWIxNTU_l9A&t=898s
Here's where it goes in to drinking pee.

Count Uvula has a new favorite as of 16:05 on Oct 19, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Stottie Kyek posted:

What's their reasoning behind it? What good could come from drinking stuff your body's decided to flush out of itself? Would you end up with super-concentrated pee after a while?

Probably, yeah. Also the reasoning is something something natural something something.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Stottie Kyek posted:

They're confusing "sterile" with "antiseptic".

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

And they like the taste.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Stottie Kyek posted:

What's their reasoning behind it?

Reasoning?

Rainbow Riot
Aug 28, 2013

Scampering for Satan!

Count Uvula posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWIxNTU_l9A&t=461s
Here's where the great pseudoscience stuff goes in to crazy territory, 7:42.

e: Well... goes in to humorously crazy territory. It's obviously crazy before that but not as funny as "distilled water has a negative charge, bad bacteria and viruses have a positive charge and the distilled water will go like a magnet to it and remove it, while good bacteria also has a negative charge."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWIxNTU_l9A&t=898s
Here's where it goes in to drinking pee.

Thanks for pulling this out of the video. You're doing the lord's work here.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Stottie Kyek posted:

While I would prefer I had never learned this, survivalists and other informed end-of-the-world nutjobs advise you to never "double-drink" your urine because then it does start getting super-concentrated and you can poison yourself with it. You need to drink some other clean liquids to prevent this from happening.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

I thoroughly enjoy reading the grauniad's comments.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

KoldPT posted:

That guy is so unaware he basically just said "why would any woman want to have sex with me? I'm an icky gross man!"

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

KoldPT posted:

Joe's comment is genuinely great and gave me a pretty good laugh.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

This gem of a comment is from the trailer for that new "game" Hatred (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV3PhvCf_Jg)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I was waiting for the punchline that entire trailer. Like surely a rainbow was gonna burst through the door and the I'M SO ANGRY WITH THE WORLD MY SOUL IS BLACK stuff was just a lead up to a punchline.

It's not. That's a real game. What the gently caress :lol:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I was waiting for the punchline that entire trailer. Like surely a rainbow was gonna burst through the door and the I'M SO ANGRY WITH THE WORLD MY SOUL IS BLACK stuff was just a lead up to a punchline.

It's not. That's a real game. What the gently caress :lol:

It's made by a bunch of Polish neo-Nazis. Like, literal ones, not just "I don't like them so they're NAZIS" ones.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Hatred makes John Romero's ego and designs in Daikatana look goddamn subdued.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Each purchase comes free with an entry in the FBI watch list.

Captain Candyblood
Aug 19, 2013

*The worse insults for the likpas and phallos as well.

Stottie Kyek posted:

I once had a science class that did a section on desert survival, and one of the subjects was how many times you can drink your own piss before it kills you. If you don't drink anything else then yeah, pee gets darker and more concentrated with each cycle through your body until it starts coming out basically black.

If you're curious, you should stop drinking your piss when it starts to look dark brown in color instead of yellow :downs:

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Only a few months ago this guy moved to a cosmopolitan city in Asia from a Florida town with lovely public transportation, little support for electric cars, and one of the highest pedestrian fatality rates in the country.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Poor guy, hit with such a massive dose of culture shock.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Whoa. Wrong thread. Sorry

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Captain Candyblood posted:

I once had a science class that did a section on desert survival, and one of the subjects was how many times you can drink your own piss before it kills you. If you don't drink anything else then yeah, pee gets darker and more concentrated with each cycle through your body until it starts coming out basically black.

If you're curious, you should stop drinking your piss when it starts to look dark brown in color instead of yellow :downs:

gently caress YOU I WILL NEVER STOP DRINKING MY PISS

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Militree posted:

This gem of a comment is from the trailer for that new "game" Hatred (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV3PhvCf_Jg)

I hadn't heard of this, so I read the Wikipedia entry. Apparently you play as an omnicidal maniac with a deathwish who embarks on a campaign to... shoot people. That's all. Just get a gun and fire on innocent civilians and police officers.

If anything, this betrays a lack of creativity on the part of the designers. You'll never destroy the world by gunning people down! Where's the imagination, people? This is a video game; you can do anything! You could build a superweapon to tear apart the Earth's core. You could detonate the planet's volcanoes, sending millions of tons of ash into the atmosphere and blotting out the sun for centuries. You could engineer a sterilization chemical and introduce it into the planet's water supply, and nobody would even notice until it was far, far too late. And instead your protagonist is just another rear end in a top hat with a gun. In the real world, he'd kill maybe a couple dozen people before being captured or killed himself, and the mainstream media would make him the freak-of-the-week until something more interesting happens, like a celebrity getting pregnant. Three months later, nobody would even remember his name.

Pathetic, small-minded neo-Nazis.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I might be wrong here but Hatred doesn't even offend me. At a point it just crosses a line where it's trying so, SO loving hard to be 2edgy and wraps back around to being loving goofy and nonsensical.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Tracula posted:

I might be wrong here but Hatred doesn't even offend me. At a point it just crosses a line where it's trying so, SO loving hard to be 2edgy and wraps back around to being loving goofy and nonsensical.

I think it would be awesome if you had to collect My Little Pony toys or some poo poo.

Wrath of Mordark
Jul 25, 2006

Foster liked his brand new wand!
Fun Shoe
It made me do this:

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=qV3PhvCf_Jg&video_start=9&audio=1Ocaztxj87E&audio_start=0

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Or like Diablo III's "hidden" stage.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

You are glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I really do enjoy how the developers figure that being placed in the masturbatory fantasy of some bullied neckbeard is ''pure gaming entertainment.''

• Locked thread