Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

hes had time to learn

Guys. Guys. You guys. I figured it out. Vegetinyu will be defeated by Gogeta. It's gonna be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
What if everyone is secretly Ginyu?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

What if everyone is secretly Ginyu?

I'll save you Goku!

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Wait...is there any evidence Ginyu is Cold or are we just doing some hardcore speculation.

Also I'd love to be the random goon who comes into this thread remembering DBZ from his childhood, skipping to the last page of posts, and not knowing what the gently caress is going on

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

VanSandman posted:

Guys. Guys. You guys. I figured it out. Vegetinyu will be defeated by Gogeta. It's gonna be awesome.

This is really good thematically, because Vegeto and his universe are kind of mary suish and attention grabby, so our Goku and Vegeta fusing temporarily to take him down is fitting and brings the spotlight back to them.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
quote =/ edit

Rohan Kishibe fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 19, 2014

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

facebook jihad posted:

Wait...is there any evidence Ginyu is Cold or are we just doing some hardcore speculation.

Also I'd love to be the random goon who comes into this thread remembering DBZ from his childhood, skipping to the last page of posts, and not knowing what the gently caress is going on

Well we know Ginyu is alive, (I think we need to take that information at face value), and that he isn't possessing Freeza. Narratively, it's more interesting if he has possessed one of the Cold family, rather than just some random Freeza soldier, I think. I guess he could be in Cooler, but my gut says it's Cold.

WickedHate posted:

This is really good thematically, because Vegeto and his universe are kind of mary suish and attention grabby, so our Goku and Vegeta fusing temporarily to take him down is fitting and brings the spotlight back to them.

Yeah this is my thinking as well, unless some kind of spanner gets thrown in the works between now and then eliminating that possibility. It also fits because the Kais call Vegeto an "abomination" and being beaten by, essentially, himself is a neat idea. I think Vegeto being the bad guy is set in stone, whether the ginyu thing comes to pass or no, it could work either way.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, Vegeto strikes me as most likely candidate for big bad. Either him or that XIII guy.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Cozz posted:

I think that's more of The Great Demon King Piccolo's personality than either of the main universe's Piccolo. Maybe in his universe he absorbed Kami, which might allow him to compete with Gast for a bit.

Apparently I'm right.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Cozz posted:

Apparently I'm right.

It makes sense. In that universe no Goku came to earth, and if Piccolo was picked at all, aside from killing all humans, he'd need to have absorbed Kami because both Kami and Popo were stronger than Piccolo was. I mean, I guess you could argue that neither would/could leave the lookout but, well...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah. I'll be interested to see how well he holds up against Gast. He'll probably hang on for a while since U3 is basically "PUT PLOT IMPORTANT CHARACTERS AND TAPION HERE," but Gast seems too important to lose to a relative unknown like King Piccolo.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, Gast seems to know what's up. Gast gonna win

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
I just finished re-reading the whole comic and noticed that when the Cold family is searching for the Dragonballs during a break, Cooler is attacked by an unknown assailant that is very clearly wearing World Trade Organization armor. So that leaves either the Super Saiyans from Universe 13 or one of Freeza's henchmen.

Since it's unlikely that the U13 Saiyans knew what the Cold's were up to, but the entire WTO was tasked in searching for the Dragonballs, it makes sense to me that Ginyu is not only in a henchman's body but is in one powerful enough to at least take down Cooler without even having to show his face.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Question: is it common logic in dragon ball that the character who charges up and makes a huge spectacle first is the one who more often loses? Seems like a typical martial arts trope. Most of the battles I can think of are that way.

I guess Goku vs Nappa would be an exception, but it was still Nappa being more of a showman than Goku outside of the over 9000 part.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

facebook jihad posted:

Question: is it common logic in dragon ball that the character who charges up and makes a huge spectacle first is the one who more often loses? Seems like a typical martial arts trope. Most of the battles I can think of are that way.

I guess Goku vs Nappa would be an exception, but it was still Nappa being more of a showman than Goku outside of the over 9000 part.

Nah, Nappa did plenty of showing off and powering up, he just did most of it before Goku showed up.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Esroc posted:

I just finished re-reading the whole comic and noticed that when the Cold family is searching for the Dragonballs during a break, Cooler is attacked by an unknown assailant that is very clearly wearing World Trade Organization armor. So that leaves either the Super Saiyans from Universe 13 or one of Freeza's henchmen.

Since it's unlikely that the U13 Saiyans knew what the Cold's were up to, but the entire WTO was tasked in searching for the Dragonballs, it makes sense to me that Ginyu is not only in a henchman's body but is in one powerful enough to at least take down Cooler without even having to show his face.

I'm pretty sure that's Vegetto who knocks out Cooler.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Cozz posted:

I'm pretty sure that's Vegetto who knocks out Cooler.

Yeah, I went back and it looks like you're right. You can clearly see the lighter part of his gi that sticks out from his shoulders underneath the darker outer shirt. So much for my theory.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Esroc posted:

I thought all we saw was the boots? In which case, it could be Vegetto, he's got those kinda boots.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-544.html#h_read

Wherein Nappa trolls the poo poo out of Frieza. Got a good laugh out of me.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I remember really digging the art when I first got into DBM, but looking at all these old pages...the new artist is so much better.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

facebook jihad posted:

I remember really digging the art when I first got into DBM, but looking at all these old pages...the new artist is so much better.

Did the artist actually change and not the old artist improving after 10+ years? That's definitely a thing when it comes to web comics.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

Did the artist actually change and not the old artist improving after 10+ years? That's definitely a thing when it comes to web comics.

Pretty sure. At least one older comic says "By Gogeta Jr And Salagir" while all of them released for at least the last few months say "By Asura and Salagir." Salagir's the writer, so I presume Gogeta Jr and Asura are artists - and of course, most of the backstory side-chapters have their own guest artists.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Wait this thing has been going for 10 years?!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Man, I like DragonBall as much as the next guy, but I cannot imagine the type of dedication needed to write and draw fanfiction for a decade straight.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

Six. First comment on the first non-cover page (a test comment by Salagir) dates back to 2008.

...Unless he'd already been doing it for a couple of years before introducing comments, I guess.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Prison Warden posted:

No way, there's 947 pages, 3 pages a week, so 315 weeks total, which is 6 years.

EDIT: ^:argh:

Szmitten fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Oct 20, 2014

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

facebook jihad posted:

This is pretty much me. I neither follow DBM, nor keep up with this thread on a regular basis. In fact, I only came to this thread for the first time following the Battle of the Gods theatrical screening, so I'm way, way lost on any context.

:psyduck:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gast will fight King Piccolo for a bit, then absorb him and King Piccolo's evil rear end in a top hat personality will end up being the dominant one after the fusion.

Goku will get a chance at blowing away his whole torso again.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lord of Pie posted:

Gast will fight King Piccolo for a bit, then absorb him and King Piccolo's evil rear end in a top hat personality will end up being the dominant one after the fusion.

Goku will get a chance at blowing away his whole torso again.

I thought this at first, but Gast seems to know what's up with Piccolo and I doubt he'd absorb him. I don't know how Namekian fusion works (as in if it has to be consensual or not, plus it seems the authors are taking liberties with the source material recently), but I think Piccolo would have to absorb Gast if that extremely obvious plot is used.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I liked the previous speculation that Piccolo has mastered the Mafuba and will seal Gast away.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I started reading DBM because of this thread.

I don't if I'd call it, like, legitimately good, but I certainly enjoy it in the same way I enjoyed DBZ back in the day.

EDIT: That is a good point. It is way better than a fan comic has any right being.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 21, 2014

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
For a fan manga, it's pretty entertaining and more often than not well drawn.

Certain guest artist specials aside.

I'm looking at you, Bojack.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

I think that one was trying to look awful for...some reason. It still sucks though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

StrifeHira posted:

Piccolo and Final Flashing Vegeta are the most off-model I've ever seen.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

That chapter bugged me because I actually really liked the art style, but the artist was in dire need of some anatomy/figure drawing classes. If he/she worked on their anatomy they'd be a drat good illustrator.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Piccolo and Final Flashing Vegeta are the most off-modelnature I've ever seen.

Fixed that.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In retrospect the bojack movie sort of doesn't make much sense. Did everyone besides goku forget about how Gohan can go Super Saiyan 2? How come piccolo wasn't like "Gohan do the thing again"

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

In retrospect the bojack movie sort of doesn't make much sense. Did everyone besides goku forget about how Gohan can go Super Saiyan 2? How come piccolo wasn't like "Gohan do the thing again"

Piccolo probably assumed Gohan was trying to do the thing but really Gohan is just dumb about fighting.

Caros
May 14, 2008

The assumption was probably that Gohan 'couldn't' do the thing, because he was only able to do it in the first place because he got pissed as gently caress. That or just look at any instance of a dragonball movie where they don't immediately transform.

Thats actually something that is amusingly unique to the movies. Once Goku has Super Saiyan, I don't think he ever fights outside of it again except for filler. Likewise with Super Saiyan 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Caros posted:

Once Goku has Super Saiyan, I don't think he ever fights outside of it again except for filler. Likewise with Super Saiyan 2.

Does the tournament match with Uub count?

• Locked thread