Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Flying around with a roid shield and Athena's immortality shield meleeing dudes in the air with her dash owns so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm kind of interested in picking this up at some point, but I'm worried about the end-game. What's the grind like? Are the drop-rates more reasonable than they were in Borderlands 2? Have they said anything about the potential for another UVHM? UVHM turned me right the gently caress off last time around, I just really hope it doesn't end up being a grindy snooze-fest like it was before.

So far the scaling is a lot better. No word of a UVHM mode or not, but I'd doubt it given how negatively a lot of people view it. Drop rates are way better; you see a decent amount of blues and purples from drops and as the Item of the Day in vendors, and legendaries are semi-frequent too (enough that you can grind vendors by checking them then quitting and reloading if they don't have a legendary).

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Genocyber posted:

So far the scaling is a lot better. No word of a UVHM mode or not, but I'd doubt it given how negatively a lot of people view it. Drop rates are way better; you see a decent amount of blues and purples from drops and as the Item of the Day in vendors, and legendaries are semi-frequent too (enough that you can grind vendors by checking them then quitting and reloading if they don't have a legendary).

Well that's good to hear, I might end up picking this up later. The drop-rates and the late-game scaling were the only complaints I had with BL2, but they were big complaints.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Honestly with how powerful I feel right now I say "bring the UVHM". Also aren't some of the DLCs going to include Level Cap increases? That implies a UVHM to me.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

wdarkk posted:

Honestly with how powerful I feel right now I say "bring the UVHM". Also aren't some of the DLCs going to include Level Cap increases? That implies a UVHM to me.

That's kind of what I was thinking after I grinded up a bit on TVHM in BL2. And then they just gave everybody quadruple the health and made slag more or less mandatory. :(

Is it true that there isn't slag in the pre-sequel? I hated that mechanic.

edit: answered my own question. There isn't, thank god

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 19, 2014

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

THE loving MOON posted:

That's kind of what I was thinking after I grinded up a bit on TVHM in BL2. And then they just gave everybody quadruple the health and made slag more or less mandatory. :(

Is it true that there isn't slag in the pre-sequel? I hated that mechanic.

edit: answered my own question. There isn't, thank god

Yeah, the closest thing to slag is cryo, which is also much better than slag overall.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Cryo owns because they can't shoot you if they're frozen solid.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kaethela posted:

Cryo owns because they can't shoot you if they're frozen solid.

I consider a cryo Oz kit to be one of the most useful pieces of equipment because of this.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Killing frozen folks and seeing their body shatter into a million tiny crystals also never gets old.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Now that sounds sweet, I always thought Borderlands needed a freeze ray. :madmax:

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm kind of interested in picking this up at some point, but I'm worried about the end-game. What's the grind like? Are the drop-rates more reasonable than they were in Borderlands 2? Have they said anything about the potential for another UVHM? UVHM turned me right the gently caress off last time around, I just really hope it doesn't end up being a grindy snooze-fest like it was before.

The drop rates are only better with regards to the items of the day in the stores. As far as can tell, the poo poo you that drops from enemies and chests is just as lovely. Whites and greens 95% of the time. They added a grinder and special chests that makes things a bit better though.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Even at 50 bosses drop legendaries that are 48-49 :( This was only with 2 players, maybe it would be best to run with 4

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Jusupov posted:

Even at 50 bosses drop legendaries that are 48-49 :( This was only with 2 players, maybe it would be best to run with 4

Just use the save editor to level them up. Save yourself the headache.

Genocyber posted:

I consider a cryo Oz kit to be one of the most useful pieces of equipment because of this.

I'm still using the cathartic oz kit, because I am apparently still a child and it amuses me every time.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Xbox360 playing now

Hambonius 0mega (the "0" in omega is a zero)

I have a lvl 11 Athena and 2 characters still available to start. Like playing with goons and friends of goons, don't like public. Just started this weekend so I don't even have one playthrough done

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Self loathing goons hating this game is the funniest thing to come out of this and I hope they keep crying instead of having fun with friends.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

UVHM and slag and memes and jokes ruined this game for me

-A giant retarded baby with no friends to play with

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I never said anything about the writing, I think it's funny. :what:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Metrohunter posted:

Killing frozen folks and seeing their body shatter into a million tiny crystals also never gets old.

Even better, freezing flying things and have them go crashing to the ground and shatter :black101:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

THE loving MOON posted:

I never said anything about the writing, I think it's funny. :what:

I'm talking about goons in general

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Widestancer posted:

I'm talking about goons in general

I didn't know Something Awful was one universal hive mind, I've been living a lie all this time??

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Widestancer posted:

Self loathing goons hating this game is the funniest thing to come out of this and I hope they keep crying instead of having fun with friends.

Widestancer posted:

UVHM and slag and memes and jokes ruined this game for me

-A giant retarded baby with no friends to play with
Stop making really lovely posts.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
People who go "Heh, stupid GOONS :smug:" to try and prove their superiority on an internet forum of all places are loving idiots hope this helps. Yeah you sure showed those people who don't like Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! I bet they feel ashamed of themselves for not liking a video game now!!

vvv :irony:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CJacobs posted:

I didn't know Something Awful was one universal hive mind, I've been living a lie all this time??

Many goons are in fact really dumb sadly

Watch how many go "well ANY Co - op game can be fun " as a reason as to why they don't want to play a given Co op game with friends.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dicky B posted:

Stop making really lovely posts.

Lol gently caress off.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CJacobs posted:

People who go "Heh, stupid GOONS :smug:" to try and prove their superiority on an internet forum of all places are loving idiots hope this helps. Yeah you sure showed those people who don't like Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! I bet they feel ashamed of themselves for not liking a video game now!!

vvv :irony:

Lol

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

:agreed:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just finished this game solo because I have no friends or loved ones and CHRIST These jokes suck rear end!!! Cannot believe you just shoot things and then unfunny memes pop up. This game is terrible, just fire a gun? booorrring! It stinks !

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Just finished this game solo because I have no friends or loved ones and CHRIST These jokes suck rear end!!! Cannot believe you just shoot things and then unfunny memes pop up. This game is terrible, just fire a gun? booorrring! It stinks !

:agreed:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Lol

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

I'll be your friend.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
no one wants to be my friend because im a ironic anime shitnugget who posts on FYAD. No one will game or have sex with me and drat is the robot who tells jokes serious LAME!

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

something awful dot com

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

no one wants to be my friend because im a ironic anime shitnugget who posts on FYAD. No one will game or have sex with me and drat is the robot who tells jokes serious LAME!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dicky B posted:

something awful dot com

:xd:

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
This game is pretty boring though

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Will someone gently caress me PLeASe. Cannot believe that the autistic anime faggots are ruining another good thread of saying things like "this game where you blow poo poo up constantly is unfun and unfunny". Mods!? The autistic troons are ruining our thread!!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Will someone gently caress me PLeASe. Cannot believe that the autistic anime faggots are ruining another good thread of saying things like "this game where you blow poo poo up constantly is unfun and unfunny". Mods!? The autistic troons are ruining our thread!!

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
WORST FORUMS GUY are you having any feels about this?

Mackers posted:

This game is pretty boring though

Your posts are boring, how does that make you feel.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
that feel when no one will gently caress me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm the hula Claptrap.

• Locked thread