Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

So New Vegas Redesigned 3 has been hidden on the nexus, because the modder is "Working on a new version."

Seems like a bit of a strange decision, but ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hopefully New Vegas Redesigned 4 contains less unintentional racism.

edit: That's the one with the "made this character black/white/red all over to match the voice actor" thing right?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

HHammond posted:

I've just installed the JE Sawyer mod and it's pretty great. My only issue is that I don't seem to be gaining any extra HP with each level. Is this part of the mod or an error?

jsawyer, while reducing HP, still gives you more per level:

rope kid posted:

Vanilla F:NV HP formula: 100 + (End * 20) + ([Level - 1] * 5) -- JSawyer HP formula: 50 + (End * 10) + ([Level - 1] * 5)

Project Nevada, however, gives you a fixed HP that's independent of level:
code:
* Hitpoints
	Description:
		Allows to reduce hitpoints of all actors and creatures to increase the relative damage and make combat much deadlier.
	Options:
		Player HP: 100 + 20 * END + 5 * LVL   ,   NPC HP: 100 + 5 * END + 5 * LVL [Vanilla]
		Player HP: 100 + 10 * END             ,   NPC HP: 100 + 7 * END
		Player HP: 100 +  7 * END             ,   NPC HP: 100 + 7 * END
Are you running PN in addition to jsawyer?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

CJacobs posted:

edit: That's the one with the "made this character black/white/red all over to match the voice actor" thing right?

Yup, here's Johnson Nash, which I posted here a few weeks ago:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

ThaumPenguin posted:

So New Vegas Redesigned 3 has been hidden on the nexus, because the modder is "Working on a new version."

Seems like a bit of a strange decision, but ok.

It's not strange. I've been told that he and Drumber, the author of Fallout Character Overhaul, had a falling out or something and he now has to yank FCO's resources out of NVR3. Just what I've been told, don't know if that's actually true.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Naky posted:

It's not strange. I've been told that he and Drumber, the author of Fallout Character Overhaul, had a falling out or something and he now has to yank FCO's resources out of NVR3. Just what I've been told, don't know if that's actually true.

Well he did diss Drumber's face meshes quite a bit, so I can't say that sounds too surprising.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012
I think he said on his blog that NVR users were trolling him a lot too, and expecting him to contribute more to NVR without asking for credit or something.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Apparently he edited Drumber's textures to make his own custom ones without crediting him and the guy got pissed him and barred anyone from using the resources of his mod again. Pretty rote modder drama, overall.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

CJacobs posted:

Considering who's working on it, it'll contain more.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ugh, just got that same error trying to install project nevada. What is .net, anyway?

EDIT: Well, the solution that Garrund suggested earlier worked for this one. Wonder why.

code:
<configuration> <runtime> <NetFx40_LegacySecurityPolicy enabled="true" /> </runtime> </configuration>

Ariong fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 18, 2014

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

.Net is a microsoft framework. Basically a bunch of code that programs use to make for easy development on Windows. Unfortunately, I guess something has changed recently and is messing with FOMM. I don't know if that's just with the new version, or if it will pop up if you try to install PN on the old version from Nexus.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What does it mean when a file's name is colored in FOMM?

EDIT: Can someone tell me what I've got wrong here?

Ariong fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 18, 2014

HHammond
Dec 25, 2011

v1ld posted:

jsawyer, while reducing HP, still gives you more per level:

Project Nevada, however, gives you a fixed HP that's independent of level:
code:
* Hitpoints
	Description:
		Allows to reduce hitpoints of all actors and creatures to increase the relative damage and make combat much deadlier.
	Options:
		Player HP: 100 + 20 * END + 5 * LVL   ,   NPC HP: 100 + 5 * END + 5 * LVL [Vanilla]
		Player HP: 100 + 10 * END             ,   NPC HP: 100 + 7 * END
		Player HP: 100 +  7 * END             ,   NPC HP: 100 + 7 * END
Are you running PN in addition to jsawyer?

Ah thank you, yes I am! Do I need to uninstall PN? Or is there a fix? Had a quick look on Nexus but found nothing.

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!

HHammond posted:

Ah thank you, yes I am! Do I need to uninstall PN? Or is there a fix? Had a quick look on Nexus but found nothing.
Press Esc (edit: in-game, I mean, if that needed clarification), at the top of the game menu there should be an entry called "Mod Configuration." That will allow you to reconfigure Project Nevada, one of the options being how your max HP is calculated. It should recalculate on the fly if I remember correctly.

RiffRaff1138 fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 18, 2014

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ariong posted:

I believe in your case it's calling two EVE patches before EVE itself. Move the two highlighted entries below EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp and see if it goes away.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

HHammond posted:

Do I need to uninstall PN? Or is there a fix?
Only PN's rebalance module.
If you still want to use the rebalance module, you could use these settings.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong posted:

What does it mean when a file's name is colored in FOMM?

What Psion said; when the name is colored that just means that the mods it's dependent on are missing or are being loaded after it, so, in this case, the EVE ALL DLC mod needs to be loaded before those two.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 18, 2014

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Thanks. It was a combination of that and missing a file. I'm all set.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Can somebody please tell me how to get weapons with WME mods to appear as something other than a giant red ! please? Sorry for kinda spamming the thread lately, I wouldn't be asking if I hadn't been trying to resolve this issue for some time. All of the troubleshooting guides I can find say that there is a missing mesh, but that's not the case. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the whole mod and gone in to make sure the mesh for the weapon in question is tehre, it is.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong posted:

Can somebody please tell me how to get weapons with WME mods to appear as something other than a giant red ! please? Sorry for kinda spamming the thread lately, I wouldn't be asking if I hadn't been trying to resolve this issue for some time. All of the troubleshooting guides I can find say that there is a missing mesh, but that's not the case. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the whole mod and gone in to make sure the mesh for the weapon in question is tehre, it is.

Red exclamation point generally means the mesh isn't found. First guess is uninstall and reinstall WME.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah, you might have the meshes but the game can't find them. If you're using Weapons of the new Millenia or any other weapon-modifying-thing you may also need to look into a patch. Not sure if WME has one, I haven't used it in a while.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Garrand posted:

Red exclamation point generally means the mesh isn't found. First guess is uninstall and reinstall WME.

As I said, I know about the mesh thing and I have uninstalled and reinstalled, to no avail.

Psion posted:

Yeah, you might have the meshes but the game can't find them. If you're using Weapons of the new Millenia or any other weapon-modifying-thing you may also need to look into a patch. Not sure if WME has one, I haven't used it in a while.

I am running the convergence mods linked in the OP.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ariong posted:

As I said, I know about the mesh thing and I have uninstalled and reinstalled, to no avail.

I am running the convergence mods linked in the OP.

Sorry, somehow I literally missed half your post.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
I started playing New Vegas recently, and I'm maybe 20 hours in. There's this really annoying thing that happens probably every ten to fifteen minutes, though. Essentially, though my crosshairs stay centered, if my pointer goes up to the top left or top right of the screen, and I click there, it shrinks my game down to the desktop. It's like my pointer is clicking through the game and to the desktop, and shrinking the desk down because of it. Let's say I open a box, move my cursor up at to the right to grab some caps out of it. Open another box, up and to the right to grab caps. By the third box, if I click the caps, it's like my pointer/cursor is too far top-right and it shrinks down the game.

I'm really hoping you guys have encountered this before, and that there's a way to fix it without adding a bunch of mods. I just want to be able to play the game without it shrinking down because I took at a shot at someone.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

How good is WME, anyway? Becasue I'm considering just giving up on it now.

Swags posted:

I started playing New Vegas recently, and I'm maybe 20 hours in. There's this really annoying thing that happens probably every ten to fifteen minutes, though. Essentially, though my crosshairs stay centered, if my pointer goes up to the top left or top right of the screen, and I click there, it shrinks my game down to the desktop. It's like my pointer is clicking through the game and to the desktop, and shrinking the desk down because of it. Let's say I open a box, move my cursor up at to the right to grab some caps out of it. Open another box, up and to the right to grab caps. By the third box, if I click the caps, it's like my pointer/cursor is too far top-right and it shrinks down the game.

I'm really hoping you guys have encountered this before, and that there's a way to fix it without adding a bunch of mods. I just want to be able to play the game without it shrinking down because I took at a shot at someone.

Does the problem persist in windowed mode?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ariong posted:

It's fine, but there are plenty of alternatives: WMX, or just use the guns the game + GRA + Millenia give you. There's a shitpot of equipment available without it. Honestly I find with all the equipment in the game mods like WMX/WME are almost making it too fiddly having to manage 4,000,000 guns and mods and weapons and more mods. Still, there are some fun things in there so I put up with it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Garrand posted:

It can also mean too many mods.

Ariong, how many ESMs/ESPs are in your Data folder? Combined, not just the active ones.

Also, make sure there's no Data subfolder in your Data folder, if you haven't already.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
This music mod is pretty interesting, http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57216/

e; oh god, he has a separate download for each track

Swags
Dec 9, 2006

Ariong posted:

Does the problem persist in windowed mode?

Kind of, yeah. 1) the window is too big and 2) if I go too far to the top right or top left, instead of clicking on the screen it clicks the window bar at the top.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

After playing through some of it, I'd like to recommend the House of Horrors mod- it's really cool!

There's a massive amount of neat scripting stuff in it and it's pretty dang effective in fulfilling it's goal of being a good 'horror-themed amusement park' kinda deal. I don't wanna spoil anything but I've run into a lot of stuff that I didn't know was possible in the NV/F3 engine.

Seizure warning though- there's a section in it with strobing lights that lasts awhile.

Edit: Hoooooly poo poo, okay yeah I am really recommending this mod after a part I just got through.

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 19, 2014

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

SplitSoul posted:

It can also mean too many mods.

Ariong, how many ESMs/ESPs are in your Data folder? Combined, not just the active ones.

Also, make sure there's no Data subfolder in your Data folder, if you haven't already.

Too many, I'm sure. There's certainly a lot of them. Do the ones that I've unchecked in the mod manager still count?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It sure does!

Remember: mo' mods, mo' problems.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Okay yeah I am making a second post to recommend House of Horrors because it is really, really fuckin' cool.

Slight spoiler for the start of one of the areas:

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!
So this post in the before I play thread convinced me to give the game a second chance on the PC after quitting halfway through a few years back on my PS3 copy due to frustration over it crashing so frequently.

Never modded a game before so I'm having a bit of trouble reconciling the OP in this thread and the referenced post. OP mentions FOMM, which I initially installed but could not get the BOSS update to work, so it wouldn't sort my files. I then checked out LOOT suggested in the before I play thread but maybe I'm being real goddamn dumb, I'm not sure how to launch the game from there or how to make sure the proper exe is being used. If I understand everything correctly I need to launch from the 4GB exe to get that working, and that should detect/load NVSE, but how do I make sure my mods launch correctly if I launch directly from the 4GB exe in the steamapps folder? Feel like I'm missing something super obvious.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

McKracken posted:

quitting halfway through a few years back on my PS3 copy
I feel your pain, brother. Entering Freeside or exiting the Sink was like playing Russian Roulette.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I remember the floaty mouse acceleration being an issue before, but it was a quick fix. Just reinstalled today after a year of not playing, and I've tried everything but this stupid floaty mouse lag won't go away. Any thoughts?

I'm running with no mods, and I've tried putting the following in every ini file I could find (the two in My Games, and the one in the Steam dir):

fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0
fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0
fForegroundMouseBase=0
fForegroundMouseMult=0

edit: Nvm, disabling vsync fixed it

luchadornado fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 20, 2014

Orv
May 4, 2011
Keeping it pretty simple since I never really got into NV like I did 3 or Skyrim, still running into a second splash screen hard crash. Thought I'd run it by you guys for an idiot check before I start gutting it. Have the Poco Bueno textures and that's it in terms of non-esp stuff.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fereydun posted:

Okay yeah I am making a second post to recommend House of Horrors because it is really, really fuckin' cool.

Yeah, it was neat, but really short. Reminded me of a mod for fallout 3 called the Cube. This had much better scripting though.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Orv posted:

Keeping it pretty simple since I never really got into NV like I did 3 or Skyrim, still running into a second splash screen hard crash. Thought I'd run it by you guys for an idiot check before I start gutting it. Have the Poco Bueno textures and that's it in terms of non-esp stuff.

you have FOOK - New Vegas DLCs, but I don't see the New Vegas DLCs in your list (e.g. Dead Money, Honest Hearts), just Caravan Pack. Same with NVCE, though in that one those DLC mods are loading before the main NVCE.

remove all those "-DLC" mods and see if it goes better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Psion posted:

you have FOOK - New Vegas DLCs, but I don't see the New Vegas DLCs in your list (e.g. Dead Money, Honest Hearts), just Caravan Pack. Same with NVCE, though in that one those DLC mods are loading before the main NVCE.

remove all those "-DLC" mods and see if it goes better.

And that's why it's an idiot check. I keep forgetting I never actually grab all the DLCs when they're on sale despite meaning to. Thanks.

E: Ugh Steam.

Orv fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 20, 2014