Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
In a way, aren't we all the hula Claptrap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CJacobs posted:

Question: Around the R&D lab on Helios, there are these pressure plates around like the ones that deactivate electric gates elsewhere in the game.

It's just that, I can't find the thing they are supposed to deactivate/activate/change. For people who have found all of these, is the reward worth it or should I not bother?

Does anyone have an answer for this? I still can't figure out what these buttons do and it's bothering me.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

that feel when no one will gently caress me

you draw good

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
Why are there two Ellies.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Figured it out. If you slam all 4 buttons it opens this skag's cage:

Then you can pet it and it'll drop items. :3:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Poistiant posted:

Why are there two Ellies.

The tan looking one is Motor Momma, a boss fight from the Torgue DLC for BL2.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

that feel when no one will gently caress me

No Grandma Flexington. Shameful.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Figured it out. If you slam all 4 buttons it opens this skag's cage:

Then you can pet it and it'll drop items. :3:

Anything good, or just random greens and blues?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SunAndSpring posted:

Anything good, or just random greens and blues?

It was nothing worth keeping around, no uniques or anything, but at least it was cute.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Cute stuff is fun and good.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

claptrap is so far by far my favourite PC in the series. I love his little robot hands, his first person walking and sprinting noises, his lines, his skills. Basically he's the boss. Even krieg is second to claptrap right now, but mostly because krieg kinda skips over the whole 'guns' part of this gun based series, at least in what I felt was his coolest build.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if they'll make it so you can get melee weapons as loot in the next Borderlands. I feel like that would help make melee builds better.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Is there an item wiki for this game yet like for BL2? I'm just trying to see if there's any melee modifiers over 50%, like when I used to use that "Law" 100% melee handgun with Zero on BL2 and one-shot bosses.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

I wonder if they'll make it so you can get melee weapons as loot in the next Borderlands. I feel like that would help make melee builds better.

This is a really good idea and would be neat if it supplemented rather than replaced the melee attachments.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Widestancer posted:

This is a really good idea and would be neat if it supplemented rather than replaced the melee attachments.

Something like a grenade mod for melee.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

As long as I can get a Torgue melee weapon called the AXEPLOSION I have no problems with this.

Edit: Obviously it would be a guitar, not an axe.

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 19, 2014

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

Edit: Obviously it would be a guitar, not an axe.
Silly person. It would be a guitar in the SHAPE of an axe. :torgue:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The Sham is back, how bout the Norfleet? I feel like Athena could take shamfleeting to the next level with her shield. Yeah, e-tech is gone, but it was my favorite launcher in 2.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I feel like Athena's Xiphos skill tree is kind of janky compared to the others. Bleed doesn't do that much damage and there's no way to apply it to a lot of dudes all at once, which makes the bonus poo poo you get for bleeding people like health regen or whatever kind of useless. I'd say a good fix would be to modify the Epicenter skill so that it applies Bleed to them all.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
A little late on the "freezing enemies feels so good" train but it's seriously awesome (and never gets old) when you freeze an opponent mid-air and they just drift into something before shattering...like a peaceful comet.

However, the truly most satisfying thing is to take a running leap, launch into space, fart for a little more float time, and immediately upon landing chaos-slam-dunk some baddie into gibs with Wilhelm's robot-fist override.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Is there any downside to using the save editor to give myself four weapon slots, like breaking scripts or something? Next character I start I don't feel like playing for x hours with only two slots.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kaethela posted:

The Sham is back, how bout the Norfleet? I feel like Athena could take shamfleeting to the next level with her shield. Yeah, e-tech is gone, but it was my favorite launcher in 2.

After some loving around in the save editor, it appears the Norfleet does not make a comeback. :(

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Is there any downside to using the save editor to give myself four weapon slots, like breaking scripts or something? Next character I start I don't feel like playing for x hours with only two slots.

If I remember right, you'll still end up having 6 weapon slots but wont be able to manage the extra 2 using the inventory menu since there is no space for them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm assuming the same thing that happens with the previous games still occurs, where you end up with more than 3 weapon slots but you can't select 4 and 5. In the original Borderlands, you could have as many weapon slots as you wanted, but the invisible ones could only be swapped out by holding E to pick up another gun straight off the ground. I wouldn't know for sure though because I haven't tried it.

edit: beaten

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

gibbed posted:

An existing codebase and few hours... save editor for The Pre-Sequel!.

Whew, thank you for this! :toot: I had my fill of Wilhelm and wanted to try some of the other chars.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

SunAndSpring posted:

I feel like Athena's Xiphos skill tree is kind of janky compared to the others. Bleed doesn't do that much damage and there's no way to apply it to a lot of dudes all at once, which makes the bonus poo poo you get for bleeding people like health regen or whatever kind of useless. I'd say a good fix would be to modify the Epicenter skill so that it applies Bleed to them all.

The entirety of her Xiphos tree is meant to supplement its capstone. Everything just comes together BEAUTIFULLY once you get it. Because now you're wildly dashing across the battlefield applying bleed to everyone and making everything explode like it's Fist of the North Star, but with swords. It's probably not a very efficient skill tree, but drat if it's not really fun to use. Her shield even helps with the usual melee character problem of getting shot on approach. Also, bleed is not particularly high damage, but it's extremely long lasting which makes it great.

I agree that some of the skills could use a serious buff though (+10% fire and reload rate per bleeding enemy at 5 ranks? Are you kidding me here?)

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Thank you gibbed for the save editor :toot:

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
Do Shugguraths drop anything useful? or are they just sad ballons

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
Okay, seriously, when the gently caress do you unlock a third weapon slot? I'm more than 5 hours into this dumb game (with a few sidequests, granted) and I still only have two open. I swear you got a third slot way earlier in BL2.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Graviija posted:

Okay, seriously, when the gently caress do you unlock a third weapon slot? I'm more than 5 hours into this dumb game (with a few sidequests, granted) and I still only have two open. I swear you got a third slot way earlier in BL2.

In TPS they're tied to story quests as opposed to level in the previous versions. You won't get your 3rd slot until well after you're back on Helios. Because somebody thought this was a good idea.

In other words, the longer you put off the main story, the longer you'll have to endure with minimal weapon slots.

Edit: vvv Whoops. At any rate, they come pretty late compared to earlier installments.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 19, 2014

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ghostpilot posted:

In TPS they're tied to story quests as opposed to level in the previous versions. You won't get your 3rd slot until well after you're back on Helios. Because somebody thought this was a good idea.

They were tied to story quests in BL2 as well, and you get your third slot a few quests into Concordia. Unless you're talking about your fourth slot, you definitely get the 3rd before you're back on Helios.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It was a fair bit of time in BL2 as well. Like, after the dam mission right and then when you return to Sanctuary after it starts flying?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Oh man that secret level.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wow, the O2 kit that causes an ice shockwave when you shoot with more than a certain amount of O2 left is just plain nuts in a non-vacuum environment. It causes that shockwave on every shot because your air is constantly refilling. This game is full of so many broken insane weapons and items that I have to wonder if they even bothered to test some of them. :psyduck:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Wow, the O2 kit that causes an ice shockwave when you shoot with more than a certain amount of O2 left is just plain nuts in a non-vacuum environment. It causes that shockwave on every shot because your air is constantly refilling. This game is full of so many broken insane weapons and items that I have to wonder if they even bothered to test some of them. :psyduck:

maybe they did and thought it'd be fun?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HAmbONE posted:

Xbox360 playing now

Hambonius 0mega (the "0" in omega is a zero)

I have a lvl 11 Athena and 2 characters still available to start. Like playing with goons and friends of goons, don't like public. Just started this weekend so I don't even have one playthrough done

I'll add ya later.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just beat RK4? on the first try. This guy was a hard fight? Even before 21 stacks of fire rate on Nisha at the start of the fight and he was down to half.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

VideoGames posted:

maybe they did and thought it'd be fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Is it me, or does Angel not appear in the game at all? Maybe I missed her, but this is like prime Angel character development territory because it's before she sells the Borderlands 1 crew out and forces them out of New Haven but after the events of the Claptrap revolution DLC, meaning it's between two major events where she does plot relevant things.

edit:

This tweet (rip Ryan Davis) is especially funny in hindsight because Jack literally falls to his knees and swears revenge which is a just similar enough cliche for it to be ironic.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 19, 2014

• Locked thread