Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dragon Age Inquisition comes out next month. Don't care one bit about call of duty as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
If someone else made the mistake of buying NBA2k15, you can play MyCareer despite their server problems by selecting 'manage files' in the main menu and then selecting your MyGuy.

Seems to work ok for the most part, noticed some small stuff like I can't put more tattoos on. They always disappear after equipping no matter what I try.

We need a :dice: smilie for 2K too.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bought GTA V today, now I'm hoping that Driveclub gets fixed up to the point where I can try the PS+ edition and buy the full game before the end of the month.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I said come in! posted:

Dragon Age Inquisition comes out next month. Don't care one bit about call of duty as a result.

I said I'd never trust another BioWare game after DA2 and ME3, but I've got Inquisition pre-ordered, I am part of the problem.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sakurazuka posted:

I said I'd never trust another BioWare game after DA2 and ME3, but I've got Inquisition pre-ordered, I am part of the problem.

I had high hopes a while back, but nothing I've seen recently leads to believe it'll bring back the magic of DA:O. Definitely a 'maybe I'll take a look when I get a proper PC' game.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'd rather just keep playing DAO over and over than a new Bioware game. Especially after Mass Effect 3.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

I said come in! posted:

This is me but with AC Unity instead. I've been watching gameplay videos for it and with the improvements they've made to the parkour, the setting being awesome, and the visuals looking pretty damned amazing, I cannot wait for that game. I usually have a huge COD boner but AC took that completely away this time around. I think I still have a sour taste over Ghosts as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ME3 was amazing and gets treated unfairly for its weak ending choice options.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I was enjoying ME3 up until to the point that I learned I had progressed too quickly with the main story, cutting a big chunk out of the game and basically shooting myself in the leg in the "gather reinforcements" thing it had going. I never touched the game again.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
Unlike many other people I didn't exactly get furious or angry at the ending(s), but rather I just sat there watching the end credits with my mind pretty much going blank. :geno: was roughly what I was feeling at the time, which is probably not what Bioware were going for either. I haven't played the game since, although I liked it up to the ending part. Maybe I should have another go, now that the Citadel DLC and the extended endings are available.

Fabulous Knight fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 19, 2014

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Fabulous Knight posted:

Unlike many other people I didn't exactly get furious or angry at the ending(s), but rather I just sat there watching the end credits with my mind pretty much going blank. :geno: was roughly what I was feeling at the time, which is probably not what Bioware were going for either. I haven't played the game since, although I liked it up to the ending part. Maybe I should have another go, now that the Citadel DLC and the extended endings are available.

The extended endings aren't really worth your time. Citadel DLC is though.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

Harlock posted:

Alright, good to know. That being said most of my money saved for gaming will probably go towards buying a PS4 now. Speaking of which I can't believe the white PS4 is more expensive than the black one (well I can, but I want the white one :( ). Morons like I are why Sony gets away with that.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Fabulous Knight posted:

Alright, good to know. That being said most of my money saved for gaming will probably go towards buying a PS4 now. Speaking of which I can't believe the white PS4 is more expensive than the black one (well I can, but I want the white one :( ). Morons like I are why Sony gets away with that.

It's more expensive because it comes with a game?

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011

Fart Sandwiches posted:

It's more expensive because it comes with a game?

Some of them do, and that makes sense, but today I have come across stores selling a regular black PS4 for 400 euros and a regular white PS4 for 480 euros and so on. And then these same stores sell white PS4s bundled with a game for less than that, of course...

But Europe is a bit ridiculous with prices in general.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Fabulous Knight posted:

Some of them do, and that makes sense, but today I have come across stores selling a regular black PS4 for 400 euros and a regular white PS4 for 480 euros and so on. And then these same stores sell white PS4s bundled with a game for less than that, of course...

But Europe is a bit ridiculous with prices in general.

My bad I didn't realize you live in bizarro land. Sorry for your loss.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I finally got around to playing Dragon's Dogma and it's making me wish for a sequel (Deep Down?) or at least a PS4 remaster/remake of Dark Arisen.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

quote:

Destiny came out last month. Don't care one bit about anything as a result.

This is me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Skeezy posted:

I finally got around to playing Dragon's Dogma and it's making me wish for a sequel (Deep Down?) or at least a PS4 remaster/remake of Dark Arisen.

Deep Down is not a sequel, sadly.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Is anyone finding the new controllers a little stiff? Specifically the sticks and R/L2 buttons. I also find them very front-heavy so they take a lot of effort to stabilize on long sessions. Granted, I play quite a bit but my fingers are killing me. Any recommendations on some more ergonomic controllers?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Skeezy posted:

Apparently Capcom won't make sequels to AAA games that don't hit over 2 million sales, so don't expect a DD sequel any time soon/ever.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

a primate posted:

Is anyone finding the new controllers a little stiff? Specifically the sticks and R/L2 buttons. I also find them very front-heavy so they take a lot of effort to stabilize on long sessions. Granted, I play quite a bit but my fingers are killing me. Any recommendations on some more ergonomic controllers?

I don't think I've seen a third party PS4 controller yet. Maybe that touchpad is throwing them off?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

a primate posted:

you must be doing something very wrong? The DS4 is the most comfortable controller for hours and hours of playing o think I've ever used.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I like the PS3 a bit better because of it's lightness, but I agree the PS4 is more comfortable. I just find the stick and L/R2 trigger resistance to be a bit much.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

cat doter posted:

I find the idea that they're advertising the game by what it DOESN'T feature and kinda skipping over the rest hilarious, those other games sure are bad, right guys!

To the people that ad is aimed at, they are.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

I said come in! posted:

ME3 was amazing and gets treated unfairly for its weak ending choice options.

The entire thing outside of a few moments sucked and was markedly worse than 2, the ending just solidifies it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

The Milkman posted:

To the people that ad is aimed at, they are.

They are really going to own in the "obnoxious grognards who complain about dumb poo poo" demographic.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It was the least good of the trilogy, but the vast majority of it was a pretty good time. The main problem was that 1 had a brilliant focus on the core narrative, 2 dropped that in favour of excellent worldbuilding and 3 didn't really do either of them as effectively.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

The Milkman posted:

The entire thing outside of a few moments sucked and was markedly worse than 2, the ending just solidifies it.

Yeah that might be a bit of resentment talking. ME3's combat is the only one in the series I think is actually competent and there is plenty of fun moments littered throughout the entirety of the game. The ending is the sole reason everyone got soured.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If you did not burst out laughing even a little when that retarded dumb bullshit self-insertion character was presented in ME3 you like Bioware games too much.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Mass Effect 3 was fine except for reducing everything you did over the past 4 years into a number that didn't really matter in the end. The Walking Dead is criticized for choices that don't matter but at least those influenced my opinion of the characters and not a visible counter.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

J-Spot posted:

Apparently Capcom won't make sequels to AAA games that don't hit over 2 million sales, so don't expect a DD sequel any time soon/ever.

How many more do we need to buy? If it's ten or less, I'll just do it guys. Maybe we can con those Star Citizen folks if it's much more than that.

This seriously drives me crazy though because Dragon's Dogma is right in my wheelhouse. It was like Dark Souls where it felt like a developer finally gets it. Such a bummer to learn that they don't plan on making another one.

Wish those assholes would have figured out how to make a PC port. It would have sold some more copies and would have increased the fan following in PC Master Race occupied places like this forum which might have led to more buzz and a sequel.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
If you weren't playing the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, you were playing the game wrong. :colbert:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah that might be a bit of resentment talking. ME3's combat is the only one in the series I think is actually competent and there is plenty of fun moments littered throughout the entirety of the game. The ending is the sole reason everyone got soured.
Naw, I didn't like the combat in single player very much either, but multiplayer was awesome. At some point, I just forgot that there was a Shepard and couldn't imagine playing without being able to try different character builds any time I wanted. Also, the single player game was so short compared to the others, and I felt the stages were padded with scripted world falling apart stuff. And then there was the ending, which I still haven't seen anything worse in all of video games. And it's not like they just hosed up one game's ending, they hosed up the ending of a straight decade of games.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 19, 2014

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
That ninja in ME3 was hilarious. Dude sent you emails talking poo poo. Things like that are always in the back of my mind when I make the mistake of being hyped for DA3.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I finally beat Infamous Second Son, and I have to say I was really impressed at how much fun it was. I'm excited to play whatever next entry in the series is (not counting the standalone game that came out a few weeks ago).

So I'm curious, has Sony announced any plans to release a media controller comparable to the one we had for PS3? I miss having that to use, and using my controller is a bit annoying at times.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Evil Canadian posted:

Kai Leng made me hate it, the ending was just the poo poo icing.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

a primate posted:

I like the PS3 a bit better because of it's lightness, but I agree the PS4 is more comfortable. I just find the stick and L/R2 trigger resistance to be a bit much.

The DS3 is an undeniably light controller. But the lightness of it absolutely, 100%, irrefutably, unmistakably, does not, and cannot make up for the everything else of it.

:stare:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm excited to play whatever next entry in the series is (not counting the standalone game that came out a few weeks ago).

you should definitely play First Light. It's like Infamous: SS Extract. Pure fun, no filler.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Harlock posted:

For me the EC turned the ending from "what the gently caress is this poo poo" to "eh, still dumb but ok whatever." Citadel however is the poo poo and should always be played after you beat the game as the actual ending and palate cleanser.

Speaking of Bioware, if I never played DA would I be lost for Inquisition? I checked LP and shockingly no one has ever done DA or DA2 so I don't know if I'd like it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

SubponticatePoster posted:

For me the EC turned the ending from "what the gently caress is this poo poo" to "eh, still dumb but ok whatever." Citadel however is the poo poo and should always be played after you beat the game as the actual ending and palate cleanser.

Speaking of Bioware, if I never played DA would I be lost for Inquisition?

Probably not. It seems largely self-contained and I am sure anything important from the previous games will get explained.

• Locked thread