Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Highlander the show and Renegade were some fun 90s rear end shows on USA.

I would never expect them to hold up now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
first highlander is about being gay

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Judge Clayjar posted:

first highlander is about being gay

Yeah, but pretty much every movie in the 80's was.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I announced this in Occupation's thread early on in the week but to celebrate his love of silly sci-fi and Tim Allen, we're doing a livewatch of Galaxy Quest--an awesome movie, if you've never seen it (shut up Bown)--tonight at 9PM EST/6PM PST in the IRC. The movie is now on Netflix in the US in possibly other places, if you're looking for a place to watch it. #SATVIV on SynIRC

http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23satviv&server=irc.synirc.net (direct link)

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Have we serious reached the point where we're ironically watching Galaxy Quest and Toy Story because Tim Allen plays a Republican on TV?

That said, if you haven't seen Galaxy Quest, watch it immediately because it is REALLY GOOD. Also, watch it alone or with your girlfriend because nothing will ruin a movie quicker than goons trying to one-up each others' fake overreactions to poo poo.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
I just watched Galaxy Quest two days ago (for the ~20th time) and yeah, it's a great movie. One of my all time favorites.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

We're watching Galaxy Quest because it's a great movie. Occ hating Tim Allen is simply a bonus.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You should make a thread. We don't have enough about people nobody cares about watching shows nobody cares about.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Aphrodite posted:

You should make a thread. We don't have enough about people nobody cares about watching shows nobody cares about.

Make a thread reviewing every post in the occ/xx Dr who thread.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Galaxy Quest owns. That is all.

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Thinking about watching American Horror Story, is there a recommended order to watch the seasons in/a general ranking of how good each one is?

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

Thinking about watching American Horror Story, is there a recommended order to watch the seasons in/a general ranking of how good each one is?

I dunno about recommended order; season one is a smaller production and more consistent than Season two, which has its merits but reaches a little higher kind of fails to hit the mark on several levels. Season three is a hot mess.

So if I had to rank each season out of 10, I guess I'd give Season One a 7, Season Two a 6, and Season Three a... 3.

I'd just watch them in order, and if you're not feeling a certain season after a couple episodes, skip it and move on to the next.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

Watch the first episode of every season
then the second episode of every season
THEN skip to the fifth episode of every season
now go to the forth episode of season 2
then the third episode of season 1
watch the first episode of season 4 again
finally watch ninth episode of season 5

youre done

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Watch the first episode of every season
then the second episode of every season
THEN skip to the fifth episode of every season
now go to the forth episode of season 2
then the third episode of season 1
watch the first episode of season 4 again
finally watch ninth episode of season 5

youre done

So, go into the future using a time machine?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

As a promo for the upcoming Blu-Ray / DVD set, some remastered episodes of Pee-Wee's Playhouse are being streamed online this morning.
https://www.shoutfactory.com/editorials/pee-wee-s-playhouse-saturday-morning-live-stream

Gonna grab the sugariest cereal I've got, get back in bed, and party like it's 1986.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god I've never seen this show before and this is insane

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Bown posted:

You are in for a treat.
See how many notable actors you recognize as recurring characters.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I believe a young, pre-fame Rob Zombie was the production assistant on Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Bown posted:

And now you know why my generation is so much cooler than yours. :cool:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I believe a young, pre-fame Rob Zombie was the production assistant on Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

That's right, and the music is done by Mark Mothersbaugh of Devo, who went on to have a segment being a creepy old guy doing stickman drawings on Yo Gabba Gabba.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL64w1JkElU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
That's it, now you have to review Video Rangers or whatever that dumb stickied show is

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011
I just marathoned my way through all 4 seasons of Raising Hope and I enjoyed it greatly. There were plenty of rough spots, but the sweetness and sincerity of all of it made it one of the better sitcoms watched in the last couple of years, especially in comparison to HIMYM.

I felt one more season, where everyone knew it would be their final season would have been the perfect finish, but what can you do?

Also, gently caress FOX for the whole DVD situation regarding this show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While I never thought it was bad, the fourth season did have a problem where it basically became the Burt and Virginia show.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

It never reached the lows of the My Name is Earl prison season at least.

I love both those shows so much :(.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

muscles like this? posted:

While I never thought it was bad, the fourth season did have a problem where it basically became the Burt and Virginia show.
Wouldn't be surprised if Burt and Virginia's actors got paid considerably more (they are pretty big names especially against the rest of the cast) so I figured eventually they realized they had to put them to better use.

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011

I do agree with that. As the show went on, it got increasingly wacky and lost some of the heart that drew me into the show. I liked the Sabrina, Jimmy, and Hope scenes way more than Burt and Virginia adventures. The biggest criticism leveled at this show is there wasn't enough "Raising Hope."

I am choosing to subscribe to the theory that Sabrina and Jimmy became famous children book author/illustrator combo in the future.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zaggitz posted:

It never reached the lows of the My Name is Earl prison season at least.

I love both those shows so much :(.

I actually liked the prison season. :colbert:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So there's an episode of the old Wonder Woman on tv, and it's about a leprechaun who's about to lose his cobbler shop right before Christmas because business is bad. I feel like they just threw a bunch of folk stories into a blender. Also it's half over and I don't think Wonder Woman has showed up yet.

It's almost as good as the Six Million Dollar Man where he saves bigfoot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yo, the second season of Black Dynamite starts tonight at 10:30.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Yo, the second season of Black Dynamite starts tonight at 10:30.

I honestly thought it was cancelled or something, so this is great news.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For some reason they didn't advertise it until last week.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just as a sanity check, when Chris Pratt hosted the SNL season premiere,

1) People were really excited for it, and

2) It wasn't that great.

Right?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Pretty much. I think the consensus was that Arianna Grande did a nice performance as long as you had the TV on mute, and everyone marked out for Black Goku during the second musical segment.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Josh Lyman posted:

Just as a sanity check, when Chris Pratt hosted the SNL season premiere,

1) People were really excited for it, and

2) It wasn't that great.

Right?

Having just watched it this morning (it reran last night) due to not having cable until 2 weeks ago, yes, that sums up my feelings exactly.

But I know better than to expect SNL to be good at this point. I did expect better use of Chris Pratt, but, hey, SNL.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

IRQ posted:

Do you have a relative or close friend with a cable subscription? Do what I do, rent an extra cable box/dvr for them and hook a slingbox to it. I get 99% of my tv that way now and it owns and all I need to pay is the monthly rental for an extra dvr at my mom's house. It has a phone app that isn't as great but works fine for live tv. You will both need a good connection, but with FIOS on both ends it's at least 720 all the time.

This is a great idea; I've never heard of a slingbox before, but it's definitely something I'll check out now. Thank you!

Maia
Aug 15, 2003

Sweet.

Allaniis posted:

I am choosing to subscribe to the theory that Sabrina and Jimmy became famous children book author/illustrator combo in the future.

I like this a lot.

Once they got done with the storyline of Sabrina adopting Hope, there wasn't really anymore story to tell. That show really was very sweet at times, though.

Remember when it was called "Keep Hope Alive" before they had to change it to something that less strongly implies dead babies?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ravane posted:

This is a great idea; I've never heard of a slingbox before, but it's definitely something I'll check out now. Thank you!

It needs about a megabit upload to work smoothly, and will of course use a ton of data on each ends if you're capped.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Allaniis posted:

I just marathoned my way through all 4 seasons of Raising Hope and I enjoyed it greatly. There were plenty of rough spots, but the sweetness and sincerity of all of it made it one of the better sitcoms watched in the last couple of years, especially in comparison to HIMYM.

I felt one more season, where everyone knew it would be their final season would have been the perfect finish, but what can you do?

Also, gently caress FOX for the whole DVD situation regarding this show.

I watched the last episodes of Season 3 last night. The musical episode was really forced and dumb, but I loved all the songs, Rock the Torah has been stuck in my head for hours. I've yet to see the last season, it makes me sad that they didn't get to give the series a proper finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Mulaney's order got cut from 16 to 13. RIP you weird-rear end Seinfeld pastiche. With that staff and that cast how did it not succeed? I would blame this on Fox Sundays but B99 transitioned just fine and it wouldn't have worked on any night.

• Locked thread