Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
oh my god this drive has taken forever and we're not even in the redzone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

There is a lot of byzantine ruling and insconsistent application of criteria for catches , fumbles and all those things.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

packsmack posted:

I'm gonna derail this for a second. The middle school team I coach had a loving touchdown this last week reversed because of this. The ref was too dumb to see that the QB kept the ball on the read option. He was 15 yards downfield and he blew the whistle when the RB was tackled.

Wow that's horrible :stare:

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
mjd is so washed up i expect to see a youtube video of someone trying to blow him up with dynamite to get his corpse off the beach.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

packsmack posted:

I'm gonna derail this for a second. The middle school team I coach had a loving touchdown this last week reversed because of this. The ref was too dumb to see that the QB kept the ball on the read option. He was 15 yards downfield and he blew the whistle when the RB was tackled. Idiots just like to make noise.

Are you from Texas and if so, how much money did you lose on this call

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

packsmack posted:

I'm gonna derail this for a second. The middle school team I coach had a loving touchdown this last week reversed because of this. The ref was too dumb to see that the QB kept the ball on the read option. He was 15 yards downfield and he blew the whistle when the RB was tackled.

Lmfao. I woulda decked the ref if I was one of the presumably poo poo faced parents at this event.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

every time Eli puts his head down as he walks off the field, the piano version of Christmastime Is Here from Peanuts starts playing in my head

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

packsmack posted:

I'm gonna derail this for a second. The middle school team I coach had a loving touchdown this last week reversed because of this. The ref was too dumb to see that the QB kept the ball on the read option. He was 15 yards downfield and he blew the whistle when the RB was tackled. Idiots just like to make noise.

Poor Ref. I'm sure douchesack parents didn't let him live that down.

Anyone who chooses to Ref Middle School/High School sports is a good guy in my book.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I like Derek Carr

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

every time Eli puts his head down as he walks off the field, the piano version of Christmastime Is Here from Peanuts starts playing in my head

:laffo:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
good penetration, poor finish, cards pass rush

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
i want to fly sssouth weeset

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
They HAVE to stop blowing so many plays dead prematurely. Dez has had like 3 career TDs nullified because the retarded ref anticipates him getting tackled

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

packsmack posted:

This is loving bullshit of the highest level.

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

mjd is so washed up i expect to see a youtube video of someone trying to blow him up with dynamite to get his corpse off the beach.

:lol:

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

Lamadrid posted:

There is a lot of byzantine ruling and insconsistent application of criteria for catches , fumbles and all those things.

"Football Move"

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
James Jones if he stays healthy will be the first Oakland WR to get a thousand yard season since Randy Moss in 2005 :stare:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I keep mistaking that Chargers LB's yellow sleeve as a flag

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
SO why can't that play be challenged if they have audio on replay?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
yes I believe this random street interview commercial where no one is wearing any brand named clothing with logos

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

:haw:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bonham posted:

They HAVE to stop blowing so many plays dead prematurely. Dez has had like 3 career TDs nullified because the retarded ref anticipates him getting tackled

It's happened to the Cowboys a ton already this season alone, and it's complete and utter garbage. You'd think SOMEONE would have gotten a talking to in the refs organization, but nope! It just keeps happening. :sbahj:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Andy Reid clock management.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013

Athanatos posted:

Poor Ref. I'm sure douchesack parents didn't let him live that down.

Anyone who chooses to Ref Middle School/High School sports is a good guy in my book.

Yeah he actually made a call that was questionable later also and got real heckled by one parent. I had to ask him to quiet down.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
*sad piano theme*

*player gets up, piano theme fades out*

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Industrial posted:

SO why can't that play be challenged if they have audio on replay?

There isn't a technical reason. It's just a rule that a play whistled dead for forward progress is not reviewable.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

a false start for the fox injury music

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
eat a sack

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013

Lamadrid posted:

This is loving bullshit of the highest level.

Still won the game so it was a good moment to talk to the kids about playing above the referees.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

Athanatos posted:

yes I believe this random street interview commercial where no one is wearing any brand named clothing with logos

I believe it cause you see blunder years there stealing glances at the camera the whole time

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

gingerberger posted:

"Football Move"

Listening to some of this guys , they sound like they codified every single little thing but based everything on the subjectivity of officials.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

packsmack posted:

Still won the game so it was a good moment to talk to the kids about playing above the referees.

:unsmith:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Richard Marshall has to stay on the field because there's no depth left.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Mike McCoy, Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Mayock all look the same

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

god drat Dez is such a loving monster

TeeMerk