Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Really looking forward to this Sunday.
Hope the first few shows of the European tour have gone well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

freelop posted:

Hope the first few shows of the European tour have gone well!
Just the one so far, in Dublin, but it feels like it went very well!

I'd be very interested to know a little about if/how the show has changed over the course of the US tour and now Europe. Obviously the ongoing plot in the show has had some influence, but are there big differences between the show right now and the first performance way back when?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
We've performed this script somewhere around 55 times over the course of 10 months. It's changed quite a bit both in us rewriting stuff that didn't work as well as we hoped, and in actors discovering new ways of reading lines. Also, we've had a variety of casts performing the script, so it is by design very modular, able to be performed with just Cecil and Meg, or with every guest star we have at once. Even if you've seen this script, there are entire scenes you haven't seen because the actor who does that scene wasn't there that night.

For the Europe tour, we've also rewritten the script to incorporate the changes in the storyline since the script was written in January, and also to accommodate the fact that Dylan can't be on the tour. Which is to say it's a different (and better) script now than our very first version of it in Seattle, but in most ways it's basically the same.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Ojo posted:

This episode has added to my concern that Cecil might end up seeking solace in Earl if Carlos doesn't return soon. :ohdear:

I finally got to listen to the TAH crossover recently, and now I'm looking forward to catching up with that show too. I especially appreciated more Steve Carlsberg.

I'm guessing that character isn't in the Librarian live show, though?
I don't have a source on this but I read that someone asked the creators if there was anything more than friendship between Earl and Cecil and they said no, so don't worry.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yo tickets for the NYC show in January are now on sale! http://nyuskirball.org/index.php?url=calendar/welcometonightvale

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Malcom X tiramisu? yes :catdrugs:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The "buy tickets" link on the page you just provided doesn't do anything for me - it just sends me to the SAME URL Earwicker already posted.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Yeah sorry that page is hosed up try this one instead: http://tickets.nyu.edu/single/EventDetail.aspx?p=589

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Thanks but I got mine, all's well!

Ojo
Jul 4, 2003

Well... when I said that I had a plan, I meant that I have to plan... the plan.

Action Yak Police posted:

I don't have a source on this but I read that someone asked the creators if there was anything more than friendship between Earl and Cecil and they said no, so don't worry.

Good to know my crazy hunches are just that!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Earwicker posted:

There's some versions of the Librarian he was in and some he wasn't. I'm pretty sure he will be in the one we do in January since it is supposed to have EVERYONE

Will Dylan be in it, or will the script be based on the Dylan-less European tour versions?

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

BiggerJ posted:

Will Dylan be in it, or will the script be based on the Dylan-less European tour versions?

I thought Joseph said every guest was going to be in so that means Dylan, Hal, and Symphony (probably have her name wrong) will be voicing Carlos, Steve, and Tamika.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
Also Mara Wilson as the Faceless Old Woman, she was in the version I saw.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Just got back from the show and it was amazing.
Thanks for coming to Birmingham the performance was spectacular.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

If anyone fancies meeting up for a pint before tonight's performance I'm planning to be in the Hope and Anchor down the road from the venue from about 6.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm in the queue for tonight's show, and the girl next to me has spent the entire time quoting lines to her friends. The amount of cosplay is frightening and it's pretty much 75% teenage girls. I feel incredibly out of place. :(

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

I'm in the queue for tonight's show, and the girl next to me has spent the entire time quoting lines to her friends. The amount of cosplay is frightening and it's pretty much 75% teenage girls. I feel incredibly out of place. :(

The show I was at had reserved seats, so I showed up a few minutes before curtain, didn't interact with any of the tumblr weirdos, and then got the hell out of there.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
You know I've never actually looked at Tumblr all that deeply, and I will tell you now - Tumblr people are insane.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
These drat kids won't get off my lawn.

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy
Wow yeah, loads of cosplay going on in here. Got here just after 7 and the queue was huge. Someone had put a sign up next to a 'dog free zone' sign saying 'forbidden dog park' which made me chuckle. I'm downstairs and have already seen an Erika. But who is that glowing maid meant to be?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My friend just got back from the show and he said it was 'great fun and properly spine chilling in places'. Has me excited for the November show!

Caros
May 14, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

These drat kids won't get off my lawn.

If nothing else that is a beautiful building.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Ghost-Slug posted:

Wow yeah, loads of cosplay going on in here. Got here just after 7 and the queue was huge. Someone had put a sign up next to a 'dog free zone' sign saying 'forbidden dog park' which made me chuckle. I'm downstairs and have already seen an Erika. But who is that glowing maid meant to be?

A glow cloud I presume, if it's the same girl I saw.

Last night was fantastic, Cecil is amazing at holding peoples complete and utter attention, and the venue couldn't be more perfect.

In contrast to most people here, less cosplay than I expected.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I forgot this great picture I took of Cecil and Intern Joseph.

Also, could you please ask Cecil where he got that jacket?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

How long is the show? My brother just bailed on me so I have to get to a train in Oslo instead of crashing at his place after the show. Would hate to have to leave erly.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Sandweed posted:

How long is the show? My brother just bailed on me so I have to get to a train in Oslo instead of crashing at his place after the show. Would hate to have to leave erly.

When I saw it in February I would say it was about 2 hours.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

The_Doctor posted:

I forgot this great picture I took of Cecil and Intern Joseph.

Also, could you please ask Cecil where he got that jacket?

I'm gonna guess an overpriced "thrift" shop in Williamsburg.

Looks good on him though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

dj_clawson posted:

I'm gonna guess an overpriced "thrift" shop in Williamsburg.

Looks good on him though.

Yeah, it's a brown and black velvet jacket. Body is brown, sleeves are black. It looked drat fine on him.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
Most of his show clothes come from Top Shop.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

maxnmona posted:

Most of his show clothes come from Top Shop.

What, in like the petite section? He needs those zero sizes for his waist. He's like a step above collapsing into a black hole.
(It's not bad at the moment but we would miss him)

Ojo
Jul 4, 2003

Well... when I said that I had a plan, I meant that I have to plan... the plan.

Going to the Oslo show! My boyfriend has only heard one episode before, so let's hope the live experience converts him!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Holy poo poo Oslo so many people!

What were the rubber bands for?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Copenhagen was great. Cecil is so incredibly good at being on point and keeping everyone in the audience captive.

Someone was cosplaying Kevin and had some completely black lenses on that covered the entirety of their eyeballs, and I drat near tripped and fell down the stairs when I saw them.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Hiatus: ur doin it wrong

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

a friend of mine pointed me to this show, and i must say im hooked. My wife doesn't "get" it.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
^ Which episodes has she listened to? I think Glow Cloud, P.T.A. Meeting, or The Drawbridge is a better introductory episode than the Pilot.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Just the pilot. But she's no fun. :P

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Time for a new wife

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Lone Goat posted:

Time for a new wife

She cooked me bacon and eggs for dinner, so i think she wins. It's a great radio show, dont get me wrong, but it doesn't provide me with bacon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
It's not a big deal. Spouses, children, pets, and dark artifact delivery-men who do not like Night Vale will promptly be taken to the abandoned mine shaft outside of town for reeducation anyway.