Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?

The Glumslinger posted:

There is shot fatigue from a single player taking too many shots, so that is also a possible cause

I was kinda kidding...:v: I definitely attribute some of it to some general fatigue/terribleness because MyPlayer dude is still early in his second year, but I'm only taking 15-20 shots per game (out of about 60 team shots) so I'm not totally 2006-Kobe'ing it. I also didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, I think it's awesome that it's actually difficult to play against good teams/players and have a more realistic game flow.

MyPark still seems to be too laggy/unresponsive to play for me, sadly (PS4). I would love an NBA Street re-make by 2K and MyPark is almost that. A man can dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Being subbed back into a game that's somehow become 30 points down is becoming very tiresome, it's every loving game.

Is it bad that when we are behind I hope I am subbed out so the computer can catch up? I have a hard time getting a lead but can keep one at the same time. Basically what i am trying to say is I am awful at defense.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The last game I played we were behind 22 points in the 4th and I lead us back and tied the game with 3 seconds left. I didn't play at all in OT and we lost by 9. Frustrating as hell. And then after the game Thad Young had the nerve to call me out for not passing him the ball enough. I had 37 points on 62% shooting, I'm not going to pass it to you so you can brick another 15 footer.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

MyCareer is really frustrating. You have to hero ball every game because you aren't in control of anything otherwise and your teamates are always awful. And then after you fight to keep the game close you get subbed out for 4 minutes and you're down 20.

It can be fun when things are going well, but a tough streak of games where your AI play like 3rd graders? Kill me please

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Has anyone else experienced the clippers alley-oop-athon yet? Just had another game against them and they tried the exact same thing but this time I won in a close game.They had a couple successful oops, but a lot either went out of bounds or off the backboard. I find this ai behaviour bizarre but it seems to only happen with the clippers.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Anyone else had problems connecting to the NBA2k15? Been unable to play any online features for the last 3 days.

Edit: I just got a penalty in NBA 2k15 for foul language because my mic picked up music I had playing and it said gently caress in it lol

Fluo fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 18, 2014

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Brian Cardinal keeps crashing my game.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
So i was having a look through all the different statistics screens in my career mode, and basically playing 6 minute quarters as the rockets means Myself, Harden and Howard dont even appear on the page for the All-Star voting, which is a little dumb. If you change the league leader stats to the '36 minute avg' setting all 3 players are up right there in a bunch of catagories, but because every AI game is 12 minute quarters, our stats simply cant compare otherwise.

Playing 6 minute quarters means a game takes me about half an hour, which is already long enough for me. I think there really needs to be the option to adjust the quarter length of all simmed games and not just your own in the my career mode. I swear past nba2k games have let you adjust the quarter length for played games and simmed games separately to get comparable stats in the season modes.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I personally didn't show up in all star voting my first full season because I think it's scripted if you do well enough? I never showed up on the votes, but got on the team anyway, and there was a cinematic a few days beforehand where the coach congratulated me. I was playing 6 minute quarters, but also averaging like 24 points 5 rebounds 8 assists, and I'm 2nd on the MVP list.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I havent heard Al Jefferson yet but GOOD GOD ERIC GORDON

His may be worse since it sounds like he may actually be trying

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Can report that Al Horford is as just as bad. I'm pretty sure that I can hear him sighing at some points.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea i started with the Hawks. Horford is bad but gordon blew me away

Like the animation is at times way ahead of his lines with how bad he's reading

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

He can't be as bad as Cousins. Dude just mumbles his way through all his lines, there have been scenes where I have no idea what is is saying at all. I moved to the Knicks, JR Smith is actually okay. I saw a youtuber on the T-Wolves and Brewer gives great delivery in his lines. I think these huge dudes with their deep booming voices (:swoon:) are hard to pick up on the mic

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Roy Hibbert is pretty ok, his voice is amazing though either way.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Whoever came up with the idea of connecting to the 2K servers every time you do anything in myCareer can die in a fire.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

The Duggler posted:

He can't be as bad as Cousins. Dude just mumbles his way through all his lines, there have been scenes where I have no idea what is is saying at all. I moved to the Knicks, JR Smith is actually okay. I saw a youtuber on the T-Wolves and Brewer gives great delivery in his lines. I think these huge dudes with their deep booming voices (:swoon:) are hard to pick up on the mic

To be fair, that's exactly how Cousins sounds in real life so it's pretty authentic.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I think playing on superstar or HoF in career mode makes your team play worse, I dialed back to all star and Melo is actually hitting wide open mid range jumpers for once

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

The Duggler posted:

I think playing on superstar or HoF in career mode makes your team play worse, I dialed back to all star and Melo is actually hitting wide open mid range jumpers for once

If it ain't a contested 18 foot fadeaway, Melo don't want it.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Ok these crash to desktops are becoming more and more common for me now. I just made a comeback to be up by 3 with 30 seconds to go in the 4th against utah and it crashed. :tinfoil:

Funnily enough my previous game was also against utah and i stomped them and was given the gift of a cutscene of me talking trash to Exum in the tunnel after the game.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anybody getting some terrible trajectory shots from just off the base line? If it's a corner 3 the shots are fine, a few feet in and over (towards half court) and I start hitting the side of the backboard. I've literally shot it behind the backboard a couple times too.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

KDdidit posted:

Anybody getting some terrible trajectory shots from just off the base line? If it's a corner 3 the shots are fine, a few feet in and over (towards half court) and I start hitting the side of the backboard. I've literally shot it behind the backboard a couple times too.

Yeah I have had a few of those, really funny when it happens until its during the 4th. Hopefully its something 2K can fix, intentional or not.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

KDdidit posted:

This seems to happen to me whenever I spin towards the baseline on a hook shot.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I can't get over how good fast breaks feel to run this year, ughff 2k15 goty seriously

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Tried another MyTeam game, this time in Domination. I win, and again, the game thinks I never played the game and it just sits there, waiting to be played. I get all of my MT points and I even got a trophy for playing but the Jazz still sit there as though they've never been played. How much longer is this going to take?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

BIZORT posted:

Tried another MyTeam game, this time in Domination. I win, and again, the game thinks I never played the game and it just sits there, waiting to be played. I get all of my MT points and I even got a trophy for playing but the Jazz still sit there as though they've never been played. How much longer is this going to take?

Did you get enough MyTeam points during the game? The next round won't unlock unless you get enough points during the game.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Strawberry Panda posted:

Did you get enough MyTeam points during the game? The next round won't unlock unless you get enough points during the game.

I won by 15. That should be enough to get at least one star, right?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

What the hell is Domination? Is that on 360?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It's one of the Myteam modes.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I'm on myTeam and all I'm seeing is road to the playoffs, tournaments, play with friends, and schedule.

Also, how come I can access all of the online features except myCareer? That's pretty much the only one I want to play but I can never connect to the servers. I wouldn't mind it that much if the offline version didn't mean no VC in perpetuity. Why not save your progress and then send it to the server when it's available and then it gives you the VC you've earned in a lump sum? This is infuriating.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I'm on myTeam and all I'm seeing is road to the playoffs, tournaments, play with friends, and schedule.

Also, how come I can access all of the online features except myCareer? That's pretty much the only one I want to play but I can never connect to the servers. I wouldn't mind it that much if the offline version didn't mean no VC in perpetuity. Why not save your progress and then send it to the server when it's available and then it gives you the VC you've earned in a lump sum? This is infuriating.

Highlight myCareer on the main menu and hit Triangle/Y and it should bring up your saves. Despite it saying your not connected you should be able to play and earn VC just fine. It worked for me, at least.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

BIZORT posted:

I won by 15. That should be enough to get at least one star, right?

Not necessarily. You have to win with as much flair as possible. So winning by 15 doesn't matter if the score is 45 to 30. You get points for scoring but also from pulling off moves. Fast breaks, assists, post moves, dunks, steals and rebounds add to your point totals. You want to assist on every basket because that is +2 points for the points you score. It should show you the points you need to get at the start screen then show you the breakdown of where your points came from after the game. You also want high FT and 3pt percentages cause those add to your point total as well.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That being said, I'd assume you got enough MT points while beating the Jazz for 3 stars, since the threshold is pretty low.

Was nice to get 3 free packs yesterday from what I assume is a makeup for those that didn't get the rookie KD when they were supposed to.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I've found that generally if you score over 85-90 points you'll break 800 MT points, which is enough to 3 star any of the teams you play. It's only a real struggle when you play a team that has solid perimeter defense and likes to slow the game down, because it becomes much harder to pile up points when they take away your 3 point attempts and run every possession up against the shot clock. I find the best kind of lineup is one with a point guard who can penetrate (I use Westbrook), a solid rebounder in the paint, and at least 1-2 reliable 3 point shooters who can just camp out on the wings.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Mandrel posted:

I've found that generally if you score over 85-90 points you'll break 800 MT points, which is enough to 3 star any of the teams you play. It's only a real struggle when you play a team that has solid perimeter defense and likes to slow the game down, because it becomes much harder to pile up points when they take away your 3 point attempts and run every possession up against the shot clock. I find the best kind of lineup is one with a point guard who can penetrate (I use Westbrook), a solid rebounder in the paint, and at least 1-2 reliable 3 point shooters who can just camp out on the wings.

Do you bring in back ups ever when trying to get to 90?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I really wish that MyTeam had a mode where you played the AI, but with random opponents rosters. The Show has that in their card collecting mode and it's great. It's so hard to like MyTeam when playing online is so muddy and bad.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

Do you bring in back ups ever when trying to get to 90?

Sometimes, depending on matchups or if a dude is just cold. Westbrook usually plays the whole game because you can hold down turbo with him all game and he'll never get tired, but the bigs usually need to be rotated out because they wear down faster.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Inside Outside posted:

I really wish that MyTeam had a mode where you played the AI, but with random opponents rosters. The Show has that in their card collecting mode and it's great. It's so hard to like MyTeam when playing online is so muddy and bad.
Or that there's something to continue doing on single player MyTeam. Once you beat the challenges and domination mode, then what? They have the framework with the playoff seeding thing for player vs player series, they need to do the same for offline.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

I figured out what I did. The end of the game part where it shows you the MT points you've accumulated was taking too long so I was hitting options and quitting the game thinking that was it. It wasn't quite completing so it was as though I was quitting out of the game. I let it go another 10 seconds or so and I got the proper quit screen and my stars. Games that don't let you button mash through unnecessary cut screens and pauses are kind of annoying

HiredGun
Sep 3, 2004

Obesity loves company
What defensive assist setting is everyone using? I really suck at offball defense and am getting beaten backdoor constantly. Actually I just suck at defense generally so any tips would be appreciated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

My main issue with MyTeam is how frequent severe injuries are. I had four consecutive games where I lost Lowry, Cousins, Dirk, DRose and Korver for 14-16 games each. And the injuries are pretty much always involving the lower leg, so no one even has enough injury cards to heal.

• Locked thread