Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

sandorius posted:

I had a quick look at the EP3 matter board and didn't see anything particularly impressive amongst the drops. Is it a drop off a story mission, or something like that?

Anyway, I just started this game a few days ago, and in case there are any other goons considering the plunge, here's what I've learned thus far.

-You switch subpalettes (which are your action bars) by opening your main palette (which is your weapon select) and then using your subpalette select. This is important if you want to use more than 10+3 abilities.

-You change blocks by running into the green teleporters. Blocks are lobbies where like-minded people hang out (theoretically, anyway). This is mostly important in forming a party when emergency quests come up, nobody is going to join you if you start a normal quest in a "Super Hard" block.

-Emergency quests happen every few hours on the hour. You absolutely want a party for these. I haven't really figured out what's going on in these, because most of the time I just tag along and blast spells at random bits of the enemy.

-Sometime around level 15 the game will point you towards crafting. "Extend Equipment" is pretty useful, it's been turning 200 T-Atk sticks into 500 T-Atk sticks. You need to take apart rare items for materials, though.

-Respeccing both your class skills and your pet robot take Actual Cash and so it is advisable not to gently caress it up. I use this class guide because the pictures are easy to understand. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221527

Hope this helps! This is actually a really fun game.
:drat:
after spending a so much time explaining things to so many other people over the course of the last 2 years, to see someone pick things up this fast brings a tear to my eye.
:thumbsup:

nerdz posted:

Satellite cannon is pretty drat great, don't ever use launcher on bosses.

Edit: To be honest I barely use launchers anymore. They should be good for mobbing in theory but gunslash PAs are so good now that a combo of gravity bomb+ein raketen is way more effective than any launcher PA I tried. Cosmos breaker was amazing until the nerf. They should have kept it as it was.
launchers still own, even on bosses. Cluster Bullet just ate a nerf again I think, but Divine Launcher, Concentrate One, and a side of Crazy Smash for close-quarter moments got your back

Zero Distance, Flame Bullet, and Rodeo Drive are good too, and a Gu sub makes them better with Zero Range Advance (Rodeo Drive is shooting damage, but Crazy Smash is R-atk-based Striking Damage). also Cosmos can be pretty good on /Gu too since you practally need to use it at point-blank anyway.

Fake Silhouette is fun to gently caress around with, but in a pinch it can block enemy projectiles like elder's meteors! not sure if the projectile can block, but I know the Fake it leaves can at least...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Only a bit ago did I find out I could swing my launcher like a golf club and do damage to enemies twice, once when it hits and then once when they hit the ground about 20 yards down range. It changed my life.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NextTime000 posted:

Zero Distance, Flame Bullet

Yep! That was with Hu subbed and a RATK/DEX mag, with the level 1 potential on Flame Visit (I have it at level 3 now but haven't really tested it). Launchers are in the best place they've been since OBT when they were broken as gently caress and got nerfed into the ground, really.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've been having a lot of success with gravity grenade + flamethrower.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
OK, now make a good gunslash and compare your effectiveness.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

nerdz posted:

OK, now make a good gunslash and compare your effectiveness.

Sure. Shut Rounder:

Gunslashes are good, especially since their normal attack animation got sped up, but to say that launchers are worse or not worth using over them is short-sighted or something.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Don't like Standing Snipe potential? here is a weak hit potential: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%93%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B1%E3%83%89%E3%83%AD%E3%83%97 it also has high as poo poo t-atk, which works because the weak hit potential applies to ALL damage, not just shooting. and don't forget The Bio Gunslash, since the Just Attack potential applies to both types of damage too

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Mewnie posted:

:siren::nws::nms: http://bigolaf.tumblr.com/ :siren: Creepy fetishes, :spergin: and #NotAllGamers... prepare yourselves. Just don't stare into the abyss for too long.

This is amazing. It's the thought process of a madman.

quote:

I’ve known a lot of non-hetero people in my time, and some of them were/are huge assholes. But, if you call them out on it, they’ll spin around and proclaim you a ‘bigot’, saying you just hate them because of their sexuality, then you’re the rear end in a top hat. It’s akin to a black person playing the infamous ‘race card’, or, much more commonly nowadays, some uppity woman playing the ‘misogynist’ card.
(bolding mine)

Anyway, is there an ES list going around?
Sure it's a bit silly, but it's a way to get some extra FUN now and then.

Mine is ニューテラ
(nyu-tera)

Postal Parcel fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 17, 2014

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sure. Shut Rounder:

Gunslashes are good, especially since their normal attack animation got sped up, but to say that launchers are worse or not worth using over them is short-sighted or something.

Yeah, I'm just speaking from my personal experiences, perhaps I just suck at launchers. But I really feel they should have super armor and all PAs should have the same mobility flame bullet and cosmos breaker have to make it actually fun to use.

NextTime000 posted:

Don't like Standing Snipe potential? here is a weak hit potential: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%93%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B1%E3%83%89%E3%83%AD%E3%83%97 it also has high as poo poo t-atk, which works because the weak hit potential applies to ALL damage, not just shooting. and don't forget The Bio Gunslash, since the Just Attack potential applies to both types of damage too

For some reason an amazing Emperor Axeon dropped for me with 8 abilities straight out of the tekker. It has some useless ones but the end result has 80 S-ATK, 60 R-ATK, 5 PP and 110 HP. And now it also has zero effort, which I got to lvl.3. A keeper for sure.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So now I have a maxed out mag that is like 30 in each of the attack stats and then 75 dex (and some defense), and then another maxed out mag that is about 60 in each of the attack stats and not much else. What kind of mag should I make next? Is it worth it to just jam everything into one attack stat, or does the diminishing returns make it not worth it?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

So now I have a maxed out mag that is like 30 in each of the attack stats and then 75 dex (and some defense), and then another maxed out mag that is about 60 in each of the attack stats and not much else. What kind of mag should I make next? Is it worth it to just jam everything into one attack stat, or does the diminishing returns make it not worth it?

Pure s/r/t-atk mags are what are generally recommended unless you're doing a mixed build.

Also I wouldn't put points into dex unless you want to use crafted weapons, and points in defense are kind of a waste comparatively.

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Oct 17, 2014

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Yeah my poor 40/40/60/50 mag almost never sees any action anymore. Now it is either the 160/30 T-ATK one, 63/127 T-ATK/DEX, 94/0/86/10 (had to put S-atk ahead here to get the 700 for Meteor), or 0/90/90/10 (not even close to 700 R-ATK for red scoops so this one stays on the plan).

There isn't really any diminishing returns on any stat outside of dexterity, since the flat bonuses that have been around for 2 years seem to be just as relevant now as they were then. The only way we will probably see that is if Sega decides that Hard Caps like in pso1 are in order.

But I myself like just a little bit of dex on my "pure" mags just because.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222286

:siren:Tomorrow is this gunne-trigger party I was putting together; and while that list on that site is ambiguous so this is a copy of what I got to keep it straight:
code:
Group 1: 12/12

My Friend - 2x
IAmTheRad
Vectorman
Another Friend
Saagonsa
AndroidHub - 2x
Lenaway
LiquidRain
Hivac
Another Friend
NextTime000
strikerhunter - 2x - psow

Group 2: 10/12

Shady3011 (I forget your name here)
Schubalts
Dabir
Günther - psow
Big Olaf - :nms:
strikerhunter - 2x - psow
Melodys (0000-0200 time request) - psow
Schrodinger - psow
Maninbluejumpsuit - psow
Myst1caL - psow

still needs trigger:

Mewnie (is working on it as I type this post)
Group 1 starts at this time (8pm EDT midnight GMT) but I am unsure when group 2 is starting, and if some of the 2x trigger holders want to fill in the remaining spots in group 2.
let me know if anyone cannot make it because this is already a mess so I could use the help of knowing beforehand.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What's the deal with the six million puny questgivers in this game, anyway? I feel like I wasted so long doing their quests before I realized that dailies and time attack runs were so much more profitable.

Also, I wish more stuff was shared between characters. I'm the same player even though my character has changed and I've already seen all this intro and tutorial and mag unlocking and difficulty level unlocking stuff, you don't need to keep reminding me.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

I stack puny quests when I go on daily/TA runs, switch classes, then file the tiny ones in. I've gotten Gunner, Fighter, and Bouncer up to level 50 on the back of those puny orders alone. (you start getting diminishing returns around 50-55 and it starts taking ages)

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Put me in tentatively for a spot in group 2 as well, but if somebody else wants in I'd be fine giving them mine.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'll update ya androidhub, also my friend is doing both groups too, and although someone did cancel a replacement showed up almost immediately.

Don't know how things went for mewnie last night, but when I logged out it didn't seem good...

Also the person who canceled was the only group 2 person there with a time restriction, so group 2 is starting before group 1. Idk if that means 2 hours before group 1 or if we can get away with 1...

As for punyquests they are leftover from the old days, but they can't completely remove them I guess... but idk the fi/te/Gu unlock quests seem mia now. Also a lot of the bigger orders scale down so there are cases where some of the puny quests are better to do so you waste less exp on bigger ones

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 18, 2014

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I wish they'd do what they implemented for the daily recommended quest and give you a list of every CO that applies for the quest you're about to run. Takes so long running around accepting orders.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
You can access the recommended COs window for any quest. Once you accept a quest but before you go to the campship, check out the CO menu and pick the second option. It doesn't include every possible relevant CO, but neither does the daily recommended list.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
we had some hiccups but good job all

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
It was fun to fight the dude. Even if most of my stupid deaths happened in the single party boss zone.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Yeah, that was fun, and everyone was cool (other than that one clown from PSOW but that's hardly surprising) despite the initial issues. Thanks again for setting it up.

Raujinn
Jan 8, 2007

Yeah thanks a bunch, NextTime000. The nerve of some people never ceases to amaze me, honestly, but most folk were cool.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh please tell me Olaf was his usual amazing self.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Actually some other idiot who wasn't reading the thread showed up 2 hours late (he was in group 2) and proceeded to whine like a petulant child who didn't get what they wanted.

Guess who got their completed set first? :suicide:

I wasn't in Olaf's group so i can't say anything about that myself.

Raujinn
Jan 8, 2007

Hivac posted:

Actually some other idiot who wasn't reading the thread showed up 2 hours late (he was in group 2) and proceeded to whine like a petulant child who didn't get what they wanted.

I wasn't in Olaf's group so i can't say anything about that myself.

If you're talking about who I think you are, they still went and proceeded to whine a bit about how slow the run was in the thread afterwards. It's pretty unbelievable given how lucky they were to even get into the run at all, ugh.

I was in Olaf's group, he was golden by comparison.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
For the BlueStacks/PSOes method of getting AC, what do I do when a new version of the PSOes client is released? I can't update it through my US Google account, I guess.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Been a while since I've tried it, but I believe you have to download the APK directly? I believe Pol_CPP's es tweaker ap can do this directly.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah, the PSO2es Tweaker is probably your best bet.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, the PSO2es Tweaker is probably your best bet.
Oh right duuuh, that's how I got it in the first place, but I forgot.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
otherwise if the tweaker is not updating properly you can still grab the latest .apk from the bumped.org guide if it has it

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh please tell me Olaf was his usual amazing self.

The most Olaf did was backflip away when Dabir and I airdropped onto him. He was one of the quietest people there, but he did eventually get in on the "change clothes every run" gimmick. :shobon:

I did almost get a second set of units, so that was a very productive run. I have no idea what I want to put on them, though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Hivac posted:

Raujinn posted:

If you're talking about who I think you are, they still went and proceeded to whine a bit about how slow the run was in the thread afterwards.

Wow. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given where they're posting, but...sheesh, some people.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whoa, I was looking at that unit set and it's pretty drat crazy. Now I know why you're all so mad about it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How much does doing a mission where the enemy levels are too high (ten level gap or something?) limit your xp? Is it enough to justify dropping the difficulty level down?

edit: also, my experience with the magic classes is very small compared to the others, but how do you do serious damage to single targets with them, in terms of time and pp expenditure? Or is that not what they are for?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 20, 2014

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I don't remember at what point it starts dropping off, but unless they changed it recently with episode 3 it's typically 75% of normal EXP on the start of the drop off, then another 5% taken every level above that dropoff.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: also, my experience with the magic classes is very small compared to the others, but how do you do serious damage to single targets with them, in terms of time and pp expenditure? Or is that not what they are for?
techer and bouncer ar emore focused on buffing, while force nukes, but all 3 of them can focus on dealing single target damage

for force you get element conversion then either put all your points into one element(two elements if you sub techer) or you get a rainbow set of rods/talises and just boost general damage skills.

for techer you just go full in on wand damage and just smack the hell out of things, getting shifta strike and the other boosts to buff yourself and others. You can also get a elysion and just fling out uncharged ilbartas, using smacks to refill pp.

for jetboots bouncer you get elemental weakness stance, boost all the jetboots skills, and use techs to boost the gear before switching to PAs for damage.

most of the time, you'd be subbing fighter for the damage stances or maining it with a multiclass weapon for its critical hit skill.

Jowy
Dec 4, 2007

Jesus Christ, it's a Pyro!
I'm gonna add that Techer wand bonking owns and is very manly and rugged and please sub Braver with it for Attack Advance.

My only 2 70s are Techer and Braver and Techer was barely even 40 before episode 3. Wand is life.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, I saw the wand gear ability and was wondering if that was made to do serious damage in what was apparently a support class. I guess it is?

edit: how many levels you have spent in each class doesn't influence your base stats, right? They're just determined all the way to the max level by your race/gender, right?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Speaking of Bouncer, what good exactly is Elemental Burst supposed to be? I'd rather keep attacking with my imbued PAs personally, but I also don't have techs slotted in with my JB PAs.

• Locked thread