Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Why are the Muslims blobbing so hard in 2.2?

They're just marching up East and West Europe like its nothing.

Can I fix it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

The only way to stop it is to put together a crack team of Roland, Oliver and Turpin and hold them at the passes.

I like the Muslim clowncar in the new bookmark, really drives home that it's very much an accident of history that the jihad stopped at the Pyrenees in the west and the bulwark of the Byzantines in the east. Could have gone either way!

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

Tindahbawx posted:

Why are the Muslims blobbing so hard in 2.2?

They're just marching up East and West Europe like its nothing.

Can I fix it?

The muslims, or the Abbasids and Umayyads since these are the only ones that matter in the new bookmark, are blobbing so hard because of a lack of resistance combined with them being huge. Especially the Caliphate is enormous, to make matters worse it also has claims to tons of territories. If the Ummayyads/Abbasids are not stopped early on, they'll become too big for any nation to handle. Seriously. Usually Francia is scattered beyond repair after Charlemagne's/Carloman's death which causes alot of unstability and small realms, giving muslims and pagans a free pass into Europe. There is nothing to do about it however. Just hope the Abbasids are stopped early on and that Francia actually survives for a while so the Umayyads are blocked. I must say that I like this however. There's now a real endgame challenge if you start as a Christian.

lenoon posted:

I like the Muslim clowncar in the new bookmark, really drives home that it's very much an accident of history that the jihad stopped at the Pyrenees in the west and the bulwark of the Byzantines in the east. Could have gone either way!

Exactly. Thanks to Charles' the Hammer miraculous victory over the Moors he saved Europe from a muslim future.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I wonder, is there something like The Years of Rice and Salt, except the point of divergence is a loss at Tours instead of the Black Death? Something not written by someone who considers Barack Obama a Kenyan usurper, I mean.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

So I've been trying to play my first full and proper game with Sigurdr Snake-in-the-Eye. Its 1200ish now, and my game has had all this really cool alt-history weirdness in it that never lasts.

The Hispanian Empire got formed by a bunch of Muslim Andalusians, who then proceeded to conquer Aquitaine. Like, as in, conquer up to the Rhone river. Then they promptly collapsed.

The Slavic faith got reformed super early by one Polish king who somehow united Poland, Ruthenia, and Pommerania, right before dying and having his empire split up. However, I accidentally imported some Slavic Pagans over to England, where they became Jarls of Jorvik and converted half of England to Slavic paganism. I then had to convert it all back when I reformed the Germanic Faith because they all hated me.

The Jomsvikings decided that they would up and conquer Scotland, which they did. Like, they actively conquered an entire country. I don't know if thats normal or not for religious orders, but I thought it was pretty neat. Sadly I had to vassalise them because there was no other easy way to take all of Scotland. Also the Teutonic Knights somehow got a hold of Winchester (I think? the province east of Dorset) but then a bunch of my vassals drove them out.

Why can't I keep any of my cool alt-history things :smith:

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

Bold Robot posted:

How did you crack into the HRE and grab North Italy? I always have a ton of trouble with that when playing a Sicily game. Would be interested to hear at least one example of how it went down.

Shameful confession time: I "cheated" by saving my Sicily game, loading it again as the HRE, and granting most of the North Italian dukes independence. I figured it was vaguely historically accurate/plausible, plus I didn't feel like fighting them yet. So I still had to fight my way through the North Italian counties, but I didn't have to face off against the HRE. Since I suborned the Papacy, I helped run a crusade through now-Fraticelli HRE to liberate France. It succeeded. Pretty soon I'm going to push for another crusade, this one for more of the HRE heartland.

Ray and Shirley posted:

This is a longshot, but do you still have this save on hand?

I'm sure I do, I save-scum something terrible. Do you want it?

Question about managing an Empire: Do I want to keep my three kingships with my current ruler (Sicily, Italy, Africa) or should I make my relatives my vassal kings?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Do any of the prestige buildings for tribals convert to anything when converting to feudalism? It looks like they don't but I haven't gotten past the first level in any of them, surely someone here has tried?

Sheep fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 20, 2014

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Am I crazy but is it the case that if a neighboring larger power's leader likes you enough, he/she wont attack, despite having things they want from you (unless they're cruel/greedy)?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Title suggestion for the next thread:
Mo' magne mo' problems.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Sheep posted:

Do any of the prestige buildings for tribals convert to anything when converting to feudalism? It looks like they don't but I haven't gotten past the first level in any of them, surely someone here has tried?

The wiki says some do at about half, so a war camp IV becomes a barracks II.

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

SkySteak posted:

Am I crazy but is it the case that if a neighboring larger power's leader likes you enough, he/she wont attack, despite having things they want from you (unless they're cruel/greedy)?

Last time I tested it, opinion doesn't matter. But if you really want to avoid having a neighbour attack you, you could always betrothe one of your children to his. This won't make em able to attack you.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

So this is pretty much my game playing :catholic::catholic: Praise the Zun! :catholic::catholic: on the beta build

The Arab power block fell into infighting very quickly now they can't spam remove decadence events every week, and is just sitting there, very confused, It may also be cause any preachers they send me get to spend a few days with the good old Zun, If they survive they get to go home, the Zun can not guarantee they will ever be the same again, as it turns out they can get the lunatic trait :v:

In Europe and the East....Well France and Burgundy formed, Byzantines wants Italy back. Bohemia liked the was to be Hungarian basin, Khazarias are...migrating and Rus and Keiv have been making a mess of their own boarders with eachother

Spain and Africa, Well you got Arabs, or Africans, and some Byz islands, Umayyad did not suffer the same fate as their eastern friend, instead took all of spain and just been sitting at the border taunting Middle Francia (Umayyad, Bro? :smuggo:), I'm surprised Mali seems to be gaining some ground

quote:

If they like you and not cruel, greedy, zealous, ect they will generally leave you alone, the AI does kinda roleplay its characters in game, why would they invade some one they like after all? however there are certain traits/events/ambitions and other nonsense that will override it

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Fair enough. Still, I don't feel too foolish for having my Chounciler near eternally cosying up the Sultanate of Rum, as Byzantium.

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
How good is the EU4 converter? Kind of want to translate my insane world over, but I suspect I'll have to tweak it a bit. For example: the scottish dynasty led catholic kingdom of greece (holds Constantinople) that faces off against the german dynasty led catholic kingdom of anatolia and the rump of the muslim byzantine empire, the celtic empire of Ireland, wales, cornwall and brittany, the aztec successor kingdom of north africa and the nestorian golden horde.

How tweakable is the scenario? Can you change country names/ideas?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Timur became a catholic.

Timur became a loving catholic.

I am going to kill him.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Martello posted:

Shameful confession time: I "cheated" by saving my Sicily game, loading it again as the HRE, and granting most of the North Italian dukes independence. I figured it was vaguely historically accurate/plausible, plus I didn't feel like fighting them yet. So I still had to fight my way through the North Italian counties, but I didn't have to face off against the HRE.
Ah, bummer, got my hopes up.

Anyone have a story about a time they managed to crack into the HRE legit as Sicily?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

That's my early game survival strategy on my numerous wales-Brittany-Cornwall type runs. Pray for lots of kids in first generation then betroth them everywhere. By the time the kids have grown up you should have a kingdom and, at worst, somewhere to run when you break them off

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Martello posted:

I'm sure I do, I save-scum something terrible. Do you want it?

Please! I'm building a case with save games and yours is perfect. We can chat over PM if you prefer.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
PM sent.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

SkySteak posted:

As a newly formed Scandinavian republic I parked my councillor on the capital of the Karling-blob and they only attacked me once in 200 years, even though they had 10 times my troops, holy war and de jure CBs, that one time they attacked I had mistakenly set my councillor to fabricate claim instead of improve relations. It's probably not fool-proof, but it's always seemed to make a difference to me.

I just hit a huge bug in the beta-build. Playing as one of the Indian kings, when I loaded my save after resigning I'm no longer in control of that character, but his half-brother duke. My former character is my new character's heir so I'm desperately trying to get him killed by pissing off my spymaster/cupholders and everyone else, but my former character is wasting no time running the kingdom into the ground. Already racked up 40 negative relations with his vassals by revoking random titles, turned my 400 gold into 900 gold in debt and emptied out the realm levies by attacking the neighbouring kingdom with a bigger army and an ally with the same amount of troops. Currently losing a rebellion due to a failed imprisonment or revoking a duchy.

:ughh:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Martello posted:

Shameful confession time: I "cheated" by saving my Sicily game, loading it again as the HRE, and granting most of the North Italian dukes independence. I figured it was vaguely historically accurate/plausible, plus I didn't feel like fighting them yet. So I still had to fight my way through the North Italian counties, but I didn't have to face off against the HRE. Since I suborned the Papacy, I helped run a crusade through now-Fraticelli HRE to liberate France. It succeeded. Pretty soon I'm going to push for another crusade, this one for more of the HRE heartland.
Don't do that, open the console, write 'charinfo' then 'play (charid)', that way you don't have to reload the game, it takes ages. Then just turn charinfo off or not, if you prefer.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

What's the deciding factor on whether or not you form Feudal or Republic states as a tribal nation? Is it based on realm size? I loaded up the game at the start as Saxony just to poke around, and only saw an option to become Feudal. Thinking it's a realm size thing I loaded up in the Danzig area and lo and behold, my only option was Republic.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Drone posted:

What's the deciding factor on whether or not you form Feudal or Republic states as a tribal nation? Is it based on realm size? I loaded up the game at the start as Saxony just to poke around, and only saw an option to become Feudal. Thinking it's a realm size thing I loaded up in the Danzig area and lo and behold, my only option was Republic.

If your county is on the coast. They don't let you form inland Republics because that is, alas, an instant game over.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Sky Shadowing posted:

If your county is on the coast. They don't let you form inland Republics because that is, alas, an instant game over.

Ah, that makes sense. But why then would I not have had the option to also go Feudal when I loaded up a Danzig test?

now entering North Dakota
Feb 22, 2013

Fun Shoe

Drone posted:

Ah, that makes sense. But why then would I not have had the option to also go Feudal when I loaded up a Danzig test?

Is Danzig part of the Hanseatic League? They may have hard coded those to only become MRs to not break the rise of the Hansa?

I have no clue, really.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Jack the Stripper posted:

Last time I tested it, opinion doesn't matter. But if you really want to avoid having a neighbour attack you, you could always betrothe one of your children to his. This won't make em able to attack you.

Eh, I dunno if "opinion doesn't matter": when I play as a ruler-designed Celtic Pagan Brittany I routinely find that keeping France's opinion high keeps them off my back while I conquer the British Isles: it's been reliable enough that it's now my go-to strategy for getting that start off the ground (Assuming I manage to kill off Haesteinn's event troops, of course).

vvvv yeah, whoops, I'd meant to quote one of the responses, edited!

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 20, 2014

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Dallan Invictus posted:

Eh, I dunno if "opinion doesn't matter": when I play as a ruler-designed Celtic Pagan Brittany I routinely find that keeping France's opinion high keeps them off my back while I conquer the British Isles: it's been reliable enough that it's now my go-to strategy for getting that start off the ground (Assuming I manage to kill off Haesteinn's event troops, of course).

I think he's saying the same thing though?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Couple questions:

1.) Anyone know where a decent tutorial or demonstrative Let's Play is for Old Gods? I'd like to try that but I always have too many missteps when I try to figure it out entirely on my own
2.) What happens when you declare a war to claim a county that's already being sieged by someone else for a different purpose? I wasn't able to siege any of the holdings because they were already held by the guy revolting for independence of his own county, so I couldn't get my warscore up at all. I figured since he was already being stomped it'd be a great time to declare war, but I guess maybe I should have waited? Either way I couldn't do anything useful so I just let it sit forever til my guy died and I lost my fabricated claim.
3.) The warscore capped at 99% because you haven't won a major battle and it's not 36 months since it started is stupid. That's not a question but I wanted to throw it out there. What problem was that supposed to solve? I guess that's a question.
4.) I'm still unclear on when to give sons/brothers/etc with inheritable claims land under primogeniture. I'm trying to move some of my demesne to new holdings and I've run out of family members without inheritable claims on some of my current demesne to hand them out to. Should I give them to family members with claims so long as they're not ambitious or just give them to a random person?
5.) When you get a call to arms, you don't have to click the thing. Do you still get a prestige hit if you just don't click the alert?
5.a) How much help do they expect you to actually give? Is there a penalty to doing nothing? Sometimes I just send an army over, go kill the enemy army for my ally and then gently caress off back home. Is that acceptable? I stick around when I care the result but I don't always really care about some backwater duke who I have an alliance with.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.

Martello posted:

I found in my Tuscany to Italia game that destroying the HRE is a lot easier from within. Granted, I was double King of Italy and Jerusalem at the time, so my personal levies were huge and I had a very large retinue cap, so basically I waited for the Emperor to die and while the standard succession troubles were going on I founded the Independence faction. The King of Bohemia as well as a number of really huge Dukes (including the Duke of Provence) joined and winning the Independence war was really easy.

After I finally managed to vassalize the Pope I asked the Pope for permission to Invade the HRE (which he promptly granted) and after winning the war I split the HRE into its constituent kingdoms, destroyed the Empire and granted independence to all the new Kingdoms. They ended up with some pretty drat ugly borders, but ultimately I think it was worth it.

I'm actually thinking of reverting back to the previous version so I can finish my Italia game. I'm currently pretty much undefeatable and swimming in cash (I've got the Pope as a vassal as well as Pisa, Venice and Genoa as vassal Republics making me mad bank) and have been looking at expanding my Empire into Arabia to fully tank the Religious Authority of both the Muslim faiths.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Jack the Stripper posted:

Strange. As a Byzantine in the 867 start, I parked my chancellor on the Abbasid capitol and managed, through some extraordinary streak of MTTH luck, to get enough positive events to raise the Caliph's opinion of me to 100. To test that specifically I declared Holy War on all the small emirates in Anatolia/Syria/Armenia and the Caliph didn't join any of them against me, even though he had no other wars to attend to. It was quite bizarre, but apparently he was enough of a bro to not mind that I was subjugating and conquering his co-religionists. :iiam:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I thought of another question - is it sensible to give cities to my family, or do they secrectly suffer the incorrect holding penalty? I built a city in one of my counties and gave it to my heir to avoid the penalty and let him deal with improving it since he's pretty good. Should I have just created a vassal instead? Or is it sensible to hang onto a city if you have room in your demesne vs. giving it away immediately? I'd think the tax penalty for the incorrect holding would be worse overall than giving it away and getting slightly less money but having them improve it themselves.

After thinking abotu it, I'm guessing that my heir is suffering the same wrong holding penalty and getting basically no money out of it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

shortspecialbus posted:

=
3.) The warscore capped at 99% because you haven't won a major battle and it's not 36 months since it started is stupid. That's not a question but I wanted to throw it out there. What problem was that supposed to solve? I guess that's a question.

You could win a war against a much stronger opponent if you declared while their army is on the other side of the world, assault some holdings to get a quick 100% warscore and enforce your demands before his army could get back there and do anything.

shortspecialbus posted:

4.) I'm still unclear on when to give sons/brothers/etc with inheritable claims land under primogeniture. I'm trying to move some of my demesne to new holdings and I've run out of family members without inheritable claims on some of my current demesne to hand them out to. Should I give them to family members with claims so long as they're not ambitious or just give them to a random person?

When handing out land I go dynasty members first (Those with Content get priority), then people of my culture (again preferring Content). If you're of a small culture you might have to go to Content randoms but I've rarely had that problem. It's strictly an early game problem in most cases; by midgame you usually have more dynasty members running around than land to give them. And obviously Ambitious people should be avoided like the plague, unless maybe you're out of other good options, the Ambitious person is old and their heir is Content.

shortspecialbus posted:

5.) When you get a call to arms, you don't have to click the thing. Do you still get a prestige hit if you just don't click the alert?

I know you still get the "Dishonored Alliance" malus but I'm not sure about the prestige penalty.

quote:

5.a) How much help do they expect you to actually give? Is there a penalty to doing nothing? Sometimes I just send an army over, go kill the enemy army for my ally and then gently caress off back home. Is that acceptable? I stick around when I care the result but I don't always really care about some backwater duke who I have an alliance with.

If all you want is to avoid the malus and prestige hit, you don't have to actually ever send any troops, just join the war. If you actively fight in it I think you get a share of the prestige when it's won, and I think you have to actually contribute some warscore to get the "Honored Alliance" bonus.

Edit: A lot of times you'll be playing in, say, France and have an alliance with the Byzantines because you married the Basileus's Quick daughter or whatever, and they'll want to call you into their 17th War for Duke Whoever's Claim on the County of Bumfuckistan, and when you join in you discover it's already at like 60% warscore. There's no point trying to send an army over in a case like that, the war will end before your guys can get halfway there.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 20, 2014

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Thanks for the replies regarding improving foreign power relations. To follow up though, has anyone here ever managed to use 'Sow Dissent' in a way that benefited them much? It it is nice that it is there but it does feel a little anemic compared to the other Chancellery options.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

You could win a war against a much stronger opponent if you declared while their army is on the other side of the world, assault some holdings to get a quick 100% warscore and enforce your demands before his army could get back there and do anything.

When handing out land I go dynasty members first (Those with Content get priority), then people of my culture (again preferring Content). If you're of a small culture you might have to go to Content randoms but I've rarely had that problem. It's strictly an early game problem in most cases; by midgame you usually have more dynasty members running around than land to give them. And obviously Ambitious people should be avoided like the plague, unless maybe you're out of other good options, the Ambitious person is old and their heir is Content.

I know you still get the "Dishonored Alliance" malus but I'm not sure about the prestige penalty.

If all you want is to avoid the malus and prestige hit, you don't have to actually ever send any troops, just join the war. If you actively fight in it I think you get a share of the prestige when it's won, and I think you have to actually contribute some warscore to get the "Honored Alliance" bonus.

Ok, great! Thank you! The first explanation makes sense I suppose, but it's kind of their fault for sending their entire army across the map when they had someone that could press a war. I always try to leave at least a token force at home when I'm off helping an ally or pressing a claim far away and then keep enough cash around to augment them with a mercenary company if I need to. They should have to do that too rather than the game locking the warscore.

To follow up, should I ever land a dynasty member who has inheritable claims on stuff I don't want to give away, or should I keep them unlanded or marry them off out of the country if they'd be able to get their heirs into succession?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

shortspecialbus posted:

Ok, great! Thank you! The first explanation makes sense I suppose, but it's kind of their fault for sending their entire army across the map when they had someone that could press a war.

True, but the point is that in that scenario no one would ever actually surrender to a much smaller enemy who besieged your capital while your army was out campaigning--you'd just call off the campaign, send the army home and wreck that rear end in a top hat's poo poo. Before this latest patch that was impossible, you HAD to surrender once warscore hit 100% even if you had an army four times their size on its way back.

Trying to rid yourself of unwanted claimants by matrilineally marrying them off to somebody in Russia should usually work out fine, but in my experience it's just begging to have them return 20 years later with obscene event stacks.

Alternatively if they're in your court you can force them to take the vows so at least their inheritable claims won't be inherited.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

Trying to rid yourself of unwanted claimants by matrilineally marrying them off to somebody in Russia should usually work out fine, but in my experience it's just begging to have them return 20 years later with obscene event stacks.

Alternatively if they're in your court you can force them to take the vows so at least their inheritable claims won't be inherited.

Does that require free investiture? Also I tend to marry them off normally because I like having my dynasty members around the world, haha. I guess it might bite me in the rear end down the road. How many generations do inheritable claims last if they're not pressed? Eternally? Is it different for strong/weak claims? Let's say that I have 2 sons and therefore they both have strong inheritable claims to my poo poo. If I send one of them away and don't marry him matrilineally, will his sons and grandsons still have strong inheritable claims? How does that work? Also does it get passed through women the same?

Need a good thing about this. I haven't found an explanation that I liked.

ssb fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 20, 2014

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Free Investiture means you can actually make whoever you want a bishop, but you can always order someone to take the vows as long as they're not actually first in line to inherit land.

Most inheritable claims only last one generation. I believe an inheritable strong claim will become an inheritable weak claim, which will become an uninheritable weak claim.

Also, how would your sons have strong claims on your poo poo when you're still alive? It's usually brothers and nephews that are the shitstirrers.

Gamey ways to get rid of unwanted sons to make your succession smoother include, if an unwanted son sucks at Intrigue for instance, making him Spymaster and sending him to study technology in Constantinople. Or if he sucks at Learning make him Court Chaplain and send him to convert heathens. Or engage the Uriah Gambit on a Martial-challenged son.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 20, 2014

occipitallobe
Jul 16, 2012

shortspecialbus posted:

Ok, great! Thank you! The first explanation makes sense I suppose, but it's kind of their fault for sending their entire army across the map when they had someone that could press a war. I always try to leave at least a token force at home when I'm off helping an ally or pressing a claim far away and then keep enough cash around to augment them with a mercenary company if I need to. They should have to do that too rather than the game locking the warscore.

The other problem is multiplayer balance. Back when retinues weren't nerfed, it was literally impossible not to win a lightning war against an enemy if their retinues weren't precisely in place to defeat yours when you declared a war. You'd run through their poo poo, siege down castles and get a 100% warscore before they could even gather their armies. Large empire wars were a matter of lightning strikes (in which war was declared and counter-declared) and nothing ever really got done.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Also, how would your sons have strong claims on your poo poo when you're still alive? It's usually brothers and nephews that are the shitstirrers.

If you yourself are an only son with several sons of your own, on your father's death you'll inherit but your sons, as second and third in line respectively, get claims. This may only apply on Agnatic Primo but I think it does on Ag-Cog Primo as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Obliterati posted:

If you yourself are an only son with several sons of your own, on your father's death you'll inherit but your sons, as second and third in line respectively, get claims. This may only apply on Agnatic Primo but I think it does on Ag-Cog Primo as well.

I guess I just don't understand the claim mechanics. I'd love a complete summary.

Edit: Is this basically the entirety of it?

quote:

All children of the titleholder get weak claims upon their death unless they are second or third in line, in which case they get a strong claim. These weak claims are inheritable to the claimant's children but are uninheritable thereafter. Children of strong claimants will inherit weak claims upon the claimant's death.

• Locked thread