Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Seat Safety Switch posted:

A lock is completely useless installed there.

It doesn't do a hell of a lot more stringing it through two boards, but hnnngh.

Considering their willingness to sic the Texas Militia groups on immigrants, I don't expect them to have the basic knowledge to know how a lock functions.

Or have any sense of humanity and compassion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Shhh, don't let (most) Texans hear you with that crazy talk, they'll form a lynch mob.

:clint:

e: didn't see this

Yeah, that's kind of what I wanted to do again. I've never liked having hair shorter than "several inches past my shoulders".

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 20, 2014

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Boring mall in Hong Kong hosted an uninspired car show, but at least the cars were cool, and very well kept.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

goatse guy posted:

It'll probably be this weekend, somewhere in Wisconsin. Midwest AI: Where Four Hours Away Is Still Close

Sweet, if Menomonie is convenient at all we have big dumb dogs and Dad's E30 M3 here. I should be free all weekend and it looks like I won't be flying back until sometime next week.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
My traps are incredibly sore from dragging my new rear suspension between rows till I got to a spot to put it on the wheelbarrow. Thanks for the $2/weekend gym membership, Pick-n-Pull :v:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I hate missing out on all this snapchat..er...chat so people please add me: the_midniter

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I'm getting better at snap chat:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

some texas redneck posted:

One of many signs spotted at the library:

:rolleyes:

This is up there with the people pushing Prop 122 here. The angles they're taking? "Vote Yes To Prevent Child Abuse".

What's the law actually say? Full text here but it's basically yet another stupid salvo in the pissing war between AZ and the Feds. Because somehow trying to tell the federal government to gently caress off, saves the children. :pseudo:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

This is up there with the people pushing Prop 122 here. The angles they're taking? "Vote Yes To Prevent Child Abuse".

What's the law actually say? Full text here but it's basically yet another stupid salvo in the pissing war between AZ and the Feds. Because somehow trying to tell the federal government to gently caress off, saves the children. :pseudo:

Yeah, they've been doing this a lot. Basically, anything that they oppose would 'cause harm to children' or 'threaten Christianity'

Dog-whistles HO!

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, they've been doing this a lot. Basically, anything that they oppose would 'cause harm to children' or 'threaten Christianity'

Dog-whistles HO!

Midterm election 2014 CA edition includes "hurting the environment" and "evil corporations." We're blue so the blue pandering machine is on full steam ahead, much like your red pandering machine.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

keykey posted:

Midterm election 2014 CA edition includes "hurting the environment" and "evil corporations." We're blue so the blue pandering machine is on full steam ahead, much like your red pandering machine.

How that drought going?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

keykey posted:

"He's pro-union" doesn't work, so here in the east bay we're hearing "He supported the BART strikes" about Sbranti. I'm going to vote against him because the smear campaign his people ran against Glazer was pretty egregious, you should have seen the poo poo they were mailing. Glazer, for his part, seemed to run a pretty clean campaign, based on what I received.

CommieGIR posted:

How that drought going?

It's rained a little a couple times, and I think it's been raining quite a bit up in the mountains--sure poured on me the two days I spent up there recently.

IIRC there was a ~5 billion water bill passed a while back, and I think they said the Republicans pushed to get about 2 billion dedicated for new reservoirs and such, so if they're not stupid they should be playing that up.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm voting for pitchforks and molotovs. gently caress the establishment, they're all a bunch of power hungry shitbirds and it's been made pretty clear that they have their interests at heart, not ours.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

How that drought going?

Swimmingly. :3:

edit: Actually a few people out where we're at have had to drill their wells deeper. We're sitting plenty pretty because my wife's grandpa drilled his well extra deep when they had it drilled 20 years ago after they had their first dry well when we had a drought back then.

keykey fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 20, 2014

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

IIRC there was a ~5 billion water bill passed a while back, and I think they said the Republicans pushed to get about 2 billion dedicated for new reservoirs and such, so if they're not stupid they should be playing that up.

I'm in the predominantly red part of the state and they don't play up that whole new reservoir thing up nearly as much as they should. We have a few dams around here that were built specifically to supply power to the bay area and so-cal that were blue supported, so I really don't see why they don't play that up, but whatever. The campaign plot twists we get here are "THIS GUY DIDN'T DO HIS JOB TO PROTECT THE AGRICULTURE AGAINST DROUGHT!" "OH YEAH, WELL MY OPPONENT SENDS ALL THE WATER TO SO-CAL ALONG WITH YOUR JOOOOOOOOOOBBBSSSSS." So, it's more blue collar ads in this region peppered with a lot more ads that try to make it sound like they can control the flow of rain. I was wondering if other states political ads were as loving backwards as ours and it appears they are. In our region it boils down to both parties playing folksy music because shucks, farm land. Red says jobs and agriculture and "home town values" whatever in the gently caress that means since we produce the nations meth, also blue guy doesn't do his job. Blue says jobs and agriculture and vote for me because I control the weather.

edit: gently caress, I need to stop posting today, this is the second double post in 2 threads today..

T-Square
May 14, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

Sweet, if Menomonie is convenient at all we have big dumb dogs and Dad's E30 M3 here. I should be free all weekend and it looks like I won't be flying back until sometime next week.

Looks like I'm about 4.5 hours from Menomonie. We'll see if my car is up for it, otherwise let me know what yours and Goatse Guys plan is

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

goatse guy posted:

It'll probably be this weekend, somewhere in Wisconsin. Midwest AI: Where Four Hours Away Is Still Close

Yup that's a 7 hour drive. Have fun!

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

bolind posted:

Boring mall in Hong Kong hosted an uninspired car show, but at least the cars were cool, and very well kept.

Was this at Festival Walk by City University?

E: zooming in confirmed it

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

keykey posted:

edit: gently caress, I need to stop posting today, this is the second double post in 2 threads today..

It only seems to happen when you respond to my posts :v:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

T-Square posted:

Looks like I'm about 4.5 hours from Menomonie. We'll see if my car is up for it, otherwise let me know what yours and Goatse Guys plan is

Tusen Takk posted:

Yup that's a 7 hour drive. Have fun!

Open for suggestions, I've got the TDI so distance isn't much of an issue. Goatse Guy's welcome to ride along.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What's a good paint job/racing livery for a Toyota Soarer/Lexus SC?

I'm thinking BMW art car from the past few years, but I think doing a TOM'S knock off would be cool.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Christ why did I bother listing parts on Craigslist. Got a guy who keeps wondering why I don't want to meet at my house, why I want to know what parts he wants to actually buy so I can bring them, and apparently can't see the fact that every single part is photographed in the ad itself. :cripes:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

Christ why did I bother listing parts on Craigslist. Got a guy who keeps wondering why I don't want to meet at my house, why I want to know what parts he wants to actually buy so I can bring them, and apparently can't see the fact that every single part is photographed in the ad itself. :cripes:

You're gonna get raped.

Pham Nuwen posted:

It only seems to happen when you respond to my posts :v:

Yes, however not this time! :haw:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

keykey posted:

You're gonna get raped.

It's been said before, but one more time -- cover yourself when using Craigslist. I sell a good bit using cl, but never have anything that can be traced to me... I use a burner cell phone ($10 black friday Sprint phone using RingPlus for a couple bucks a month), always meet in a public place, and cycle though gmail accounts like STR processes mexican food.

Protip for craigslist buying -- if you want to buy something and don't want to drive to get it, tell the seller that you're from "x" distance away and you'll meet them halfway... when halfway is very close to your actual house.

Yes, meatpimp can be a dick in real life, too... but hey, if they want to sell, it's cool... they never know that they just delivered to you.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

NitroSpazzz posted:

Open for suggestions, I've got the TDI so distance isn't much of an issue. Goatse Guy's welcome to ride along.

I'm down. T-Square said he'd meet us somewhere in between him and us.

IOC, welcome to every day of my life. :smithicide:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

meatpimp posted:

Protip for craigslist buying -- if you want to buy something and don't want to drive to get it, tell the seller that you're from "x" distance away and you'll meet them halfway... when halfway is very close to your actual house.

:getin: this is an amazing idea

Personally, I've been flaked on so many times that i make people come somewhere near where I live when I'm selling something.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

It's been said before, but one more time -- cover yourself when using Craigslist. I sell a good bit using cl, but never have anything that can be traced to me... I use a burner cell phone ($10 black friday Sprint phone using RingPlus for a couple bucks a month), always meet in a public place, and cycle though gmail accounts like STR processes mexican food.

As someone who got scammed on craigslist, I do not like this method. :(

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I'm letting my friends choose my Tinder dates for me today. Their criteria consists of asking them who their favorite Batman was.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

goatse guy posted:

I'm letting my friends choose my Tinder dates for me today. Their criteria consists of asking them who their favorite Batman was.
Haha, random monkey cheese. Quirky!

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I'm so burnt out on craigslist my latest part ad looks like this:

http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/4714655511.html

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
You know I get the CL hate but seriously it's a completely free listing that reaches a poo poo TON of people. Go pay for an ad on Auto Trader, eBay or something similar and see if you're any happier with the sale when you have to pay money up front or a chunk of the profit + deal with overpriced shipping.

I'll gladly spend a fraction of a second clicking delete on stupid emails or send a snide reply loving with idiots over dealing with the shithole that is eBay. Forums are another good alternative. I've had a ton of success buying or selling stuff off local motorcycle forums. It's more work but generally the people are more accountable and slightly less retarded than general CL folk.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Baller Witness Bro posted:

You know I get the CL hate but seriously it's a completely free listing that reaches a poo poo TON of people. Go pay for an ad on Auto Trader, eBay or something similar and see if you're any happier with the sale when you have to pay money up front or a chunk of the profit + deal with overpriced shipping.

I'll gladly spend a fraction of a second clicking delete on stupid emails or send a snide reply loving with idiots over dealing with the shithole that is eBay. Forums are another good alternative. I've had a ton of success buying or selling stuff off local motorcycle forums. It's more work but generally the people are more accountable and slightly less retarded than general CL folk.

Yeah, cl is free to post for sale stuff, but they make money on their job/home side. I'd actually prefer a $1-2 listing fee, just to get some of the absolute garbage and spam off the site.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Sold the 240, bought the Fit and then a set of snow tires w/ wheels all on Craigslist, absolutely painless if you know the red flags. Had no jerking around, no flakes, no scams...then again I only dealt with people in the snooty areas so they were exceptions to the rule. The only attempted mugging/scam was someone asking me to drive it down to Schenectady so they could look at it...sorry but it's a car, not a pizza.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Cage posted:

Haha, random monkey cheese. Quirky!

I can only start so many conversations with, "Hi, how are you doing today?" or some variant of that, and every dude between 26 and 36 seems to have an opinion on Batman.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

goatse guy posted:

I can only start so many conversations with, "Hi, how are you doing today?" or some variant of that, and every dude between 26 and 36 seems to have an opinion on Batman.

Guaranteed conversation starters:

"Do you have any identifying marks?"
"I can get you money for that disfiguration"
"I'm conducting an anonymous survey and have some questions"
"Are you fat?"
"Dad?"

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Phone posted:

What's a good paint job/racing livery for a Toyota Soarer/Lexus SC?

goatse guy posted:

:j: But I don't own a Volkswagen.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

meatpimp posted:

I constantly have to remind my brother when he's selling/buying poo poo that the transaction is not going to take place at my house. Every drat time he starts talking about all the cool poo poo in the garage and next thing I know some random stranger is getting a tour of my garage. Some group stopped by the other day to buy a set of wheels and he felt the need to show them the M3/928/320i and brag about the value of the cars...just what I need.

Laranzu posted:

I just traded in my focus ST for a volt. Moving to Hawaii where it's all traffic. Literally almost crying now for owning a boring car.
On the up side you're moving to Hawaii. Which island? The times I've been out there I would have much rather had a dual sport or small motorcycle than a car.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 20, 2014

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I just traded in my focus ST for a volt. Moving to Hawaii where it's all traffic. Literally almost crying now for owning a boring car.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

goatse guy posted:

What is YOUR opinion on Batman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Nodoze posted:

What is YOUR opinion on Batman?
Batman: The Animated Series best batman.

• Locked thread