Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

zeal posted:

even on real Earth national flags sport the ak-47, the lasgun must be such a common feature of variations of the imperial creed that the ministorum takes it as sign of worthy devotion

The 40k game I will eventually run just got that much more hardcore (and stayed based just as much on Apocalypse Now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

VanSandman posted:

Yeah, the strength of the Las is it's reliability. Plus, in a pinch it you can use the charge pack as a grenade.

How so? I mean, is this an actual rule somewhere?

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Tias posted:

How so? I mean, is this an actual rule somewhere?

It's definitely in the fluff. Booby traps with lasgun charge packs is something that's cropped up in a couple of books.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
The charge pack is basically a battery, so if you short it, it'll explode.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
I once managed to turn a hellgun charge pack into a makeshift camp stove.

I failed the Int test to realise this was a loving bad idea.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're basically magic super-capacitors. They should be treated as suitable power sources for anything that isn't useful enough to matter.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Olanphonia posted:

It's definitely in the fluff. Booby traps with lasgun charge packs is something that's cropped up in a couple of books.

I think this might actually appear in either the Uplifting Primer, or possibly as a 'No! Stop doing this!' in the Munitorum manual. I might check later.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

goatface posted:

They're basically magic super-capacitors. They should be treated as suitable power sources for anything that isn't useful enough to matter.

This is how I've treated them in Rogue Trader. Charge packs are the Imperial equivalent of AA batteries and can power anything from a lasgun to a children's toy (these are not mutually exclusive) to a walkie-talkie.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Yeah, me too. Never heard about the booby trap option, though.

contagonist
Jul 21, 2014

You shouldn't be doing anything with fluorine.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Pretty accurate, though one of the renegades in the party is actually a chem-hunter. That's really just a reskinned renegade.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

In all of the games I ever play, I always end up as an undead warlock, one way or another

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Epic High Five posted:

In all of the games I ever play, I always end up as an undead warlock, one way or another

Well, it's the first time I've ended up as Danny Devito, so someday your day will come!

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
That psyker will rule you all.

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp
So today one of my players in DH sexually propositioned a teenage mutant to give him a handjob for one throne. After 45 minutes of asking why she kept following the party around he realized that it was actually another PC.

contagonist
Jul 21, 2014

You shouldn't be doing anything with fluorine.

zeal posted:

It's Always Sunny In The Screaming Vortex.

Tias
May 25, 2008

So I went and made my OW group repo men for the munitorum, directly lifting this gem for them to star in:

Thanqol posted:

Have them go into a deadly combat situation, find a unit desperately holding out against wave after wave of Tyrannid hordes, and repossess the heavy bolter that's been keeping the poor bastards alive this long.

Command, of course, wanted the line to get overrun so the 'nids would be baited and funnelled into a trap but because some rear end in a top hat squaddie managed to snag a heavy weapon the entire campaign is being held up, and for each day those bastards hold out the Guard consumes 8,000 tonnes of food, 12 Chimeras worth of spare parts, 16,000 cigars...

(save it's not nids, but prawn-like aliens that have infested the planet they have been sent to.)

It's glorious. The players were all like "Heeyy, we're crooks, they're crooks, now we can be real players and get all the stuff we want so bad.. Oh. Wait, why does this suddenly feel like dipping my cock in a vat of poo poo"

:gbsmith:

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

zeal posted:

I fully anticipate that a TPK will happen to the party. Knowing the hilarity that is the perils table, the psyker will be the direct cause of everyone's death. And I will laugh, as the campaign will be over.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Shadow Isaac posted:

So today one of my players in DH sexually propositioned a teenage mutant to give him a handjob for one throne. After 45 minutes of asking why she kept following the party around he realized that it was actually another PC.

Boot that person from the game.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Shadow Isaac posted:

I think you might be looking for the catpiss thread, because that right there is some catpiss.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Shadow Isaac posted:

If they want to sexually proposition teenagers in an RPG, tell them to :frogout: and play F.A.T.A.L if that's what they're looking for. WH40K RPGs are the wrong tree to bark up. Grimdark does not mean Weird-rear end sex/rape fantasies.

One of two things will happen:

1. They will find nobody to play with and realize that they need to change their tune if they want to play games.
2. They will find somebody to play this game with and realize they're a sweltering shitsack of a human being and reevaluate their life.

This is assuming that your player has even a shred of self-awareness, though.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gaghskull posted:

I fully anticipate that a TPK will happen to the party. Knowing the hilarity that is the perils table, the psyker will be the direct cause of everyone's death. And I will laugh, as the campaign will be over.

Please, I predicted this before even the first session

Never trust magic :colbert:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

FireSight posted:

Boot that person from the game.

Clanpot Shake posted:

I think you might be looking for the catpiss thread, because that right there is some catpiss.

Both of these are right. And how the hell do proposition another player and no one knows it?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Weird rear end sexual fantasies are perfectly ok in Black Crusade if they involve 0% sex and 100% Slaaneshi weirdness, like getting your toenails blasted off by Speed Metal.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't see any point in playing Black Crusade without making a Daemonette harem one of your career goals. Just, none of them should be PCs.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Or, you know, kids being paid for it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't see any point in playing Dark Heresy without making a Daemonette harem one of your career goals.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The girl's mutation was that she looked like 14 but was actually 1000 years old!!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I mean gaming as a release is great but sometimes you've gotta sit down and assess just what sort of tensions you're releasing and maybe go have a chat on a comfy couch

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

frajaq posted:

The girl's mutation was that she looked like 14 but was actually 1000 years old!!

My now-finished Rogue Trader campaign actually played with something very similar. An Imperial deep orbital fell to corruption by Slaanesh, and the source of the corruption turned out to be a Slaaneshi daemon posing as the altar boy in the orbital's cathedral.

Kaizer88
Feb 16, 2011

Cythereal posted:

My now-finished Rogue Trader campaign actually played with something very similar. An Imperial deep orbital fell to corruption by Slaanesh, and the source of the corruption turned out to be a Slaaneshi daemon posing as the altar boy in the orbital's cathedral.

Sounds like a good excuse for a priest ; "The altar boy seduced ME! He's a wicked daemon"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I was gonna post something similar but thought there was enough pedophilia for one page

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp

Werix posted:

Both of these are right. And how the hell do proposition another player and no one knows it?

Roll20 and not paying attention to player bar.

He offered the urchin a throne and she made an unimpressed jerking off motion. He said "ah, you know what the throne is for." I gave him one corruption, we laughed it off and kept playing. You guys really have no sense of humor about this stuff.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Shadow Isaac posted:

He offered the urchin a throne and she made an unimpressed jerking off motion. He said "ah, you know what the throne is for." I gave him one corruption, we laughed it off and kept playing. You guys really have no sense of humor about this stuff.

Literally Roman Polanski

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Shadow Isaac posted:

It wasn't funny just gross so v0v.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
ugh what a bunch of humorless puritans, there's nothing creepy about sexually propositioning a minor for a joke.

:pedophiles:

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Man. That's pretty goddamn tasteless. Even considering what I have for an avatar.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

FFG posted:

Take your investigations to entirely new worlds in Forgotten Gods, a supplement for Dark Heresy Second Edition! Mankind was not always as powerful in the galaxy as he is now. Long before the first humans achieved consciousness, ancient gods ruled the stars and spaces between them. In Forgotten Gods, your fears are about to be realised. A cult has hired the smugglers of the Faceless Trade to bring them forbidden artefacts, and they plot to use the power of these artefacts to reawaken a god from the time before Man. As a devoted servant of the Emperor, you cannot allow this heresy to occur.

In Forgotten Gods, the first book-length adventure for Dark Heresy Second Edition, your investigations take you into the wastelands of Hive Desoleum, aboard the Rogue Trader vessel Oath Unspoken, and finally, to the cemetery world of Thaur. In addition to a thrilling adventure that pits you and your fellow Acolytes against an ancient evil, you can use each of these locations as a new homeworld for your Acolytes, giving you even more options for character creation. Begin your adventure, and take your stand against Forgotten Gods!

So, How about them RPGs?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Rogue Trader and Deathwatch 2.0 when FFG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp

thatbastardken posted:

ugh what a bunch of humorless puritans, there's nothing creepy about sexually propositioning a minor for a joke.

:pedophiles:

Hadrian: I pull out a throne and crouch down, holding it out to her like a biscuit to a dog. "You just go buy yourself a treat, eh? Leave this business to the grown ups."
Judicca "Pistols": I roll my eyes and make a jerking off motion with my hand.
Hadrian: So you do know what the coin's for
Mallear: drake posted btw. says he can't make it because the bus wifi is too lovely
Lepidus: lmao
Phallic B. (GM): Hadrian!
Sam Vimes: "Yeah, you're coming along"
Hadrian: Ha ha ha
Judicca "Pistols": "You're alright, grandpa."
Hadrian: I'm incorrigible
Phallic B. (GM): You gain 1 corruption for attempting to purchase sexual favors while on duty
[...]
Hadrian: We should probably take the GM bait and ask the girl where the rock is
Mallear: you know the girl is a pc, right
Hadrian: Oh poo poo
Judicca "Pistols": hehehe
Sam Vimes: it's LVTHN
Hadrian: lol I absolutely didn't
Sam Vimes: you dolt
Mallear: lol
Lepidus: hahaha
awesome
Hadrian: I had no idea there was a new player lmao