Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Alain Post posted:

The actual armory in the Knoxx DLC was an "oh my god all this loot" moment that BL hasn't really come close to matching ever since. Also you could glitch it and run it without the time limit, which was always cool.

The treasure room at the end of Scarlett was pretty close to that moment, except I feel like out of that whole pile of chests I usually only actually found one real upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I had this bug happen last night where RedBelly charged at me into a corner of the room and then suddenly got stuck in the ceiling at the center of the room and couldn't move. I wish I knew how to use Fraps or something because it was the funniest thing. I don't even know how he got up there.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hamburger Test posted:

I have been wondering why people were so annoyed with the RK5 fight since I had little trouble with it on normal. On TVHM it was a bit of a different story. I did the fight at level 44, with the boss being 47 - died 4 times I think. That's a lot bigger difference than I ever managed to do BNK3R at. But that's as much a testament to how broken Athena is.

As for the mechanics, the bombing run is really easy to avoid. I basically only died when laser barrage came up and I had no cover.

Yeah the RK5 fight is piss easy if you just go up on the platform that is above everything. In TVHM it's a lot tougher because it's inexplicably overleveled for the quest level but other than that it's largely the same fight. The Dahl soldiers can't follow you up there and the only guardians that come up with any relative speed are the flying ones.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Either I've gotten so used to BL2 glitches that I just suck now or THVM in this game is 100000000% harder than normal mode. IMO the raid boss on normal is easier than Deadlift on TVHM.

Also what are you Athena users doing to make her so broken? I haven't quite figured that out yet.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Deadlift on TVHM really, really, really needs you to have a long-range shock weapon. If you don't, it's miserable.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Deadlift on TVHM really, really, really needs you to have a long-range shock weapon. If you don't, it's miserable.

I eventually just said gently caress it and rushed him, which surprisingly worked a lot better than trying to shock snipe him did. Probably helped that Athena's shield is pretty much made for facetanking.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

CJacobs posted:

One of the reasons I liked Borderlands 1 is that it didn't shy away from being like "yeah all the big corporations that make the guns are huge pieces of poo poo". Like Jakobs pulling out of their deforestation operation because of a zombie plague and quarantining the entire area and just leaving instead of bothering to fight it!

I mainly appreciated that it featured all sorts of new enemies, too, and didn't just have another set of differently skinned guys with guns to shoot, along with totally different environments and the like. It was also a good deal funnier than the core game, though I don't know how well it's aged. I certainly wouldn't want to kill zombies for a whole game but as an aside, it was a lot of fun, other than that stupid brain collecting quest.

Hamburger Test posted:

I have been wondering why people were so annoyed with the RK5 fight since I had little trouble with it on normal.

You can also "cheat" and hide in the elevator shaft and use that for cover, pick off the mobs that spawn, and pop out to take potshots at the RK5 and duck back in. If you run low on oxygen / ammo / health you can always hit the button to go back up and refill. It's time-consuming but relatively safe.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

The Rokstar posted:

Either I've gotten so used to BL2 glitches that I just suck now or THVM in this game is 100000000% harder than normal mode. IMO the raid boss on normal is easier than Deadlift on TVHM.

Also what are you Athena users doing to make her so broken? I haven't quite figured that out yet.
There are multiple ways, I prefer Phalanx with a sprinkling of Ceraunic Storm. Maxing out Hold the Line and Conduit makes you super tanky, I also have a mod that adds 4 to Hold the Line. Lightning laser and another lightning or fire weapon to get stacks rolling quickly. Make sure to pack something to deal with lightning resist when they (rarely show up).

Alien Rope Burn posted:

You can also "cheat" and hide in the elevator shaft and use that for cover, pick off the mobs that spawn, and pop out to take potshots at the RK5 and duck back in. If you run low on oxygen / ammo / health you can always hit the button to go back up and refill. It's time-consuming but relatively safe.
Both times I went right out into the middle. Opened all the oxygen stations and jumped all over the place. I can see how this might not be quite as easy if you are not Athena however.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Which character has that annoying group ability that makes your shield never ever fully drain?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Metrohunter posted:

Knoxx was a great character. If I remember correctly, they also did a "Ask Knoxx" thing on Twitter for a while, you might be able to still find the logs somewhere.

https://twitter.com/GeneralKnoXX/with_replies

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012

Jusupov posted:

Which character has that annoying group ability that makes your shield never ever fully drain?

Not aware of any player ability that does that but there is a known bug where your shield has instant recharge as soon as you take damage. I have seen this on two occasions when nearing the end of the play though at the vault. I have been unable to replicate this but people are thinking it occurs when you level up while you are downed.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Alain Post posted:

The actual armory in the Knoxx DLC was an "oh my god all this loot" moment that BL hasn't really come close to matching ever since. Also you could glitch it and run it without the time limit, which was always cool.

Really. The drop rates have been so disappointing since then. I think they were a bit better in some of BL2's DLC, but the base rates were so poor. 99% of chest weapons being whites or greens. Same in Pre-Sequel. At least we have the cheatengine script for adjusting rates now. BL2 was so much more enjoyable with friends when I hosted and made blues the norm, with purples being about as rare as blues are in the base game, with legendaries dropping twice as often as they normally do. Everyone had decent, interesting guns with an actual goddamn lootsplosion from bosses, usually at least one purple from big loot chests and we saw about 6 legendaries over the course of our run.
I don't know why Gearbox seems to think white/greens should be the norm, because they just don't cut it, like ever. :shrug:

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Some of these are pretty funny.

Recently beat the game in co-op with my nisha and a friend playing claptrap. I gotta say claptrap is just as annoying to play with as he is to listen to. Nothing like lining up a badass in your sniper sight when suddenly TORGUE FIESTA!!!

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

The Rokstar posted:

I eventually just said gently caress it and rushed him, which surprisingly worked a lot better than trying to shock snipe him did. Probably helped that Athena's shield is pretty much made for facetanking.

I got lucky and rolled a melee subroutine as claptrap in TVHM when I was next to him, that let me 3 shot him with melee.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mosthated posted:

Not aware of any player ability that does that but there is a known bug where your shield has instant recharge as soon as you take damage. I have seen this on two occasions when nearing the end of the play though at the vault. I have been unable to replicate this but people are thinking it occurs when you level up while you are downed.

They weren't instantly fully recharged, the shields just approached zero without ever reaching it. Once I had like 1/4 of shields I started taking more health damage ending up at like 100 shields 1000 health.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I tried this since I was underleveled enough that everyone had a skull by their name in the boss fight.

I ran out of ammo and then died.

Then I ragequit and rolled Wilhelm, he's crazy fun!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

:aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LUupboqsUw

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

I found half the things to trigger him on my very first run through that area but didn't know what they were for, and haven't found the last bits yet.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Alain Post posted:

Jesus, you're not kidding. I just opened a video where they show somebody clearing the final armory and holy poo poo, that's a lot of chests.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Just ran into that neat bug were you don't unlock the last two fast travel stations. I continued straight through Ribs in the hope it would fix itself in Eleseer, that poo poo is a terrible slog at level 44/45.

Good thing Gibbed does what he does:
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=5070783

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

This dude needs some speech lessons but that is pretty cool either way. I was wondering why the guy has such a unique model for only appearing as a minor character.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Mailer posted:

You have two options: never aim in Showdown or have a very steady hand and use non-Jakobs guns. She's definitely not bad and destroys things once you edit in a Moonface shotgun, but aiming with her active is a controller-only feature.

It's not really that hard to do, you just flick your mouse and she locks on to the next target. It's only annoying when you target someone behind cover.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
You know, I think one of the things that really bothers me about TPS is its soundtrack. BL2 had a really good soundtrack, including the DLC. But everything in TPS is sort of boring and underwhelming.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Alain Post posted:

One of the starting subquests always gives you a maliwan shock sniper rifle.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
If I had a purple for every time I glimpsed a purple moments before it fell through solid ground into the ether

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
The Secret Chamber pretty neat for finding the second ECHO, but man who knew to shoot the jump pad to supercharge it. That's literally never explained!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tezzeract posted:

The Secret Chamber pretty neat for finding the second ECHO, but man who knew to shoot the jump pad to supercharge it. That's literally never explained!

It actually is several hours ago when Claptrap makes a point of telling you that there are boxes that you can shoot to supercharge jump pads which you then have to do in order to ascend to the next part of the area. It's just not pointed out to you in that quest specifically.

What got me about that part of the quest is that I couldn't figure out WHERE the objective was, vertically, because the map is still wholly 2D and the "up/down" marker doesn't appear when you are close enough.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

The Rokstar posted:

The most broken combination I've seen (and shamelessly use) is a Shooting Star shield commonly dropped by the Powersuit Noob from the quest Red, then Dead (you need to alt+f4 after killing him each time if you want to farm him), and Moxie's probe from the quest Torgue-o Torgue-o near the start of the game (a quest item, so you cannot hand in that quest).

The Shooting Star is a legendary Melee shield which grants absolute fucktons of roid damage when your shields are depleted. Moxie's Probe will heal you based on damage you do. Combine the two, and as soon as your shield goes down your Melee attacks become instant kills which heal you to full from a sliver of health. With the capstone in the Xiphos tree giving you a charge with no cooldown (if the charge kills or bleeds), you effectively bounce from mob to mob, charging across the map to instantly kill people in a gory shower of blood while Athena yells and laughs like an utter sadistic loon.

I beat the final boss in twelve melee attacks with this build, without firing a single bullet, simply charging from the ground thirty feet into the air to stab its face. It is SO MUCH FUN it's unreal.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Yay the Bonus Package is back and some random Tork on Helios dropped it. I will probably be using this lvl 20 thing until the end of normal mode.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Torks seem to have an increased chance of dropping the Bonus Package as it is now. I've gotten three, three Bonus Packages and they've all come from the standard little green Tork. Maybe it's just because there's such a huge volume of Torks or something.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Anyone else get to experience orange and purple loots falling into the abyss due to level design? It's a very sad moment.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Dyz posted:

It's not really that hard to do, you just flick your mouse and she locks on to the next target.

In this case "flick" means "any mouse movement whatsoever", which is difficult to avoid under normal circumstances and pretty much impossible when you're mashing the button hard to fire that Jakobs shotgun/pistol. It's easier to keep a perfectly steady hand when you're holding down a laser or something, but since it loves to target through the scenery why bother.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I found that non-ADS aiming with Nisha's skill just works way better since you still have soft autoaim anyways, you just wait for your crosshairs to be red and fire. It works fantastic with non-bolt action Jakobs sniper rifles.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cool, found another TVHM progression-stopping bug right at the very beginning of the game. I went down to the planet in the moonshot cannon and the game just pretended like the opening cutscene didn't happen and now I'm just standing in the container unable to do anything, interact with anything, or see my HUD. Good fuckin job devs.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
It's because you have startup videos disabled.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ghostpilot posted:

It's because you have startup videos disabled.

I don't, though.

edit: Wait a minute, aren't there supposed to be actual "startupmovies=" lines there? I seem to remember those being there in Borderlands 2. I haven't made any changes to the .ini files so it's weird that they wouldn't be there.

further edit: I copy/pasted them in where they would normally go and now it works. Like I said, I haven't changed anything in here yet so those lines just mysteriously vanished for no reason I guess. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :iiam:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 21, 2014

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

CJacobs posted:

I don't, though.

edit: Wait a minute, aren't there supposed to be actual "startupmovies=" lines there? I seem to remember those being there in Borderlands 2. I haven't made any changes to the .ini files so it's weird that they wouldn't be there.

further edit: I copy/pasted them in where they would normally go and now it works. Like I said, I haven't changed anything in here yet so those lines just mysteriously vanished for no reason I guess. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :iiam:

Did you change it through steam? By right-clicking BLTPS in the Library, going to Properties and then to "Set Launch Options?"

Ghostpilot posted:

Here's how to disable the intro movies: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=326554094

• Right click the game in your Steam Library

• Click "Properties"

• Click the "Set Launch Options" button

• Type the following and then click the OK button: -NoLauncher -NoStartupMovies

• Press the "Close" button

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 21, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Jeezus, the moon buggy drives so terribly. What were the devs thinking?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

goodness posted:

Jeezus, the moon buggy drives so terribly. What were the devs thinking?

I really hate how erratically the Stolen Dahl Copter things move, like they have no momentum and just reverse direction on a dime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Cool, found another TVHM progression-stopping bug right at the very beginning of the game. I went down to the planet in the moonshot cannon and the game just pretended like the opening cutscene didn't happen and now I'm just standing in the container unable to do anything, interact with anything, or see my HUD. Good fuckin job devs.

What worked for me was to wait about 10 seconds before getting into the moonshot container. I've got start-up movies disabled.

• Locked thread