Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Today was a great loving day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 219 days!)

Viggen posted:

Today was a good day

Rhyno posted:

Today was a great loving day.

All we need are two more, and then we shall ride- RIDE, my brothers, INTO THE APOCALYPSE!

(Who is Conquest, War, Famine & Death? I ain't gonna be famine.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll be Famine.

The biggest piece of poo poo I know has DIABETES. There might actually be a God.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Viggen posted:

Goddamn the DMV is a comedy of errors.

I know this all too well. :sigh:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Rhyno posted:

The biggest piece of poo poo I know has DIABETES. There might actually be a God.

I can't be death, I'm immune. :v: Pestilence, as I am over threads.

E: Found a beautiful '74 Sonett for $1500. I must have gone to heaven. :dings:

E2: Power is out for miles, but not me. :gay:

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 21, 2014

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Viggen posted:

All we need are two more, and then we shall ride- RIDE, my brothers, INTO THE APOCALYPSE!

(Who is Conquest, War, Famine & Death? I ain't gonna be famine.)

I guess I'll take Things Not Working Properly Even After You've Given them A Really Good Thumping.

That was a pretty good book.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

NitroSpazzz posted:

I guess I'll take Things Not Working Properly Even After You've Given them A Really Good Thumping.

gently caress yes it was, I need to get my copy back from my friend so I can read it again.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
terry pratchett is hands down my favorite fiction author

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Today was an alright day.

I will be famine, because I will eat all of your loving food, YES ALL OF IT, and you will be hungry.

Related: going to absolutely slay Wings Over on Wednesday. All you can eat wings! Game, set, match. :getin:

kastein fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 21, 2014

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

NitroSpazzz posted:

I'll be Really Cool People!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Viggen posted:

E: Found a beautiful '74 Sonett for $1500. I must have gone to heaven. :dings:

Post pictuuuuuures

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Pham Nuwen posted:

Post pictuuuuuures

There is no loving way this picture is current - but I WANT TO BELIEVE!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

rscott posted:

I was talking about the Neil Gaiman but whatever.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Viggen posted:

That's amazing. I wish I could find something like that out here.

Related, why are all old convertibles automatic? I guess it was part of the whole luxury/extras thing back in those days. I found a decent looking convertible Corvair with a manual but it's in Nevada so I'd have to really know it was the one. How are Corvairs for engine access/maintenance? They look a lot more tightly packed than a similarly old straight 6.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Viggen posted:

BUY IT YOU FILTHY loving BASTARD OR I WILL.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

cursedshitbox posted:

BUY IT YOU FILTHY loving BASTARD OR I WILL.

Its in New York (but a trusted source). I'm awaiting correction on the pricing, or you can tow me home in it. Bring wifey, though - you're gonna have to keep the monster sheathed.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
The monster is always sheathed....in gladware bags. :P

hey, the 190 has a tow hitch.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

cursedshitbox posted:

hey, the 190 has a tow hitch.

So does the 4.0 Exploder. It'd still take a month to make it there and back. If the route was completely flat.

When I took it in for smogging, I told the Gen-Xish guy that I was glad I didn't need to ford a river and had enough food for the trip. I never expected "Pepperoni and Cheese" as a response.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Is the a better snapchat I should be using. This is literally the buggiest app I have ever used it crashes most of the time when I open a pic from someone. Sometimes I see them and somtimes I don't. Also I keep getting screen shots apearing in my camera roll. I just went to send a pic of my broken helicopter and I have like 100 random pics if goatse guy, trains and AI pets. lol

E: Maybe it's because I have never updated my phone.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
a month? Not if I'm drivin'.

goatse guy, trains, pets, but no dongs? wtf?????

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

cursedshitbox posted:

Since I have cleaned it up and updated it, the exploder maxes out at about 3500rpm. Where that gets you depends heavily on the grade. :(

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Bahhhhahaha I am deleting like a billion photos but I will have to keep this one it was part of a funny exchange.

E:holy poo poo huge, no wonder it said I was running out of space.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

meatpimp posted:

It's been said before, but one more time -- cover yourself when using Craigslist. I sell a good bit using cl, but never have anything that can be traced to me... I use a burner cell phone ($10 black friday Sprint phone using RingPlus for a couple bucks a month), always meet in a public place, and cycle though gmail accounts like STR processes mexican food.

Protip for craigslist buying -- if you want to buy something and don't want to drive to get it, tell the seller that you're from "x" distance away and you'll meet them halfway... when halfway is very close to your actual house.

Yes, meatpimp can be a dick in real life, too... but hey, if they want to sell, it's cool... they never know that they just delivered to you.

I don't go quite that far - I don't give out my phone # until I have to (and I give out my Google Voice # when I do - normally I have it set to go straight to voicemail unless I'm expecting a call on that #). When you reply to a post from Craigslist, your email also gets anonymised.

I actually have a couple of things on CL now, though they're kind of obscure (98-99 Altima front clear corners, 98-01 Altima rear tails, new OEM Nissan power steering return hose - I don't expect the hose to sell). No nibbles yet. :sigh: Kind of tempted to toss my factory stereo on there, but I know I'll get angry calls when they ignore my telling them that they'll need a dealer to pair it to the car.

Unrelated, it seems leaving a fax modem hooked up to my land line for a couple of months has finally stopped the 10+ telemarketing calls a day I used to get (and never received any faxes). I finally put a phone back on the line 2 days ago - it hasn't rang once. I have the line more because it knocks $5 off of my cable bill (including taxes), also in case I actually need to use that antiquated "fax" technology. Comes in handy if my mobile is dead too. I don't even know the phone number for the land line though.

As much as I hate my job, I'm really loving glad I'm going back tomorrow. Being out for nearly 3 weeks has wiped out my meager savings. I think tomorrow is payday, though it's going to be a tiny, tiny check.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

some texas redneck posted:

As much as I hate my job, I'm really loving glad I'm going back tomorrow. Being out for nearly 3 weeks has wiped out my meager savings. I think tomorrow is payday, though it's going to be a tiny, tiny check.

All the same, we're glad you didn't die of Ebola, or ebophilia or whatever it is this week. Your pic looked kinda rough.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Awesome to hear STR. :glomp: I'm glad that they didn't fire your rear end for that either.

CL chat: I have people meet me at the house. I highly doubt anybody would want to gently caress with me.

infact, 3 hours ago I gave away a set of eh tires to what appeared to be captain hook.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

cursedshitbox posted:

goatse guy, trains, pets, but no dongs? wtf?????

That was the only dick pic I have gotten, and I'm fine with that.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

cursedshitbox posted:

infact, 3 hours ago I gave away a set of eh tires to what appeared to be captain hook.

Since we're back in misc-

Does wifey have any vocal chords or anything left of the throat that isn't scar tissue? I mean, ya know, I wonder- but I am NOT curious.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Holdbrooks posted:

That was the only dick pic I have gotten, and I'm fine with that.

I figured as much. i quit sharing that sort of content anyway, so enjoy the boring snaps I send of broken poo poo!

Viggen posted:

Does wifey have any vocal chords or anything left of the throat that isn't scar tissue? I mean, ya know, I wonder- but I am NOT curious.

yeah his vocal cords are fine but he pulls to the right.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

cursedshitbox posted:

yeah his vocal cords are fine but he pulls to the right.

My first SA real-life LOL that I can recall. Congratulations! So, when are we gonna go grab the Sonett?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Viggen and CSB in an Exploder (or Rover?) on a transcontinental road trip to pick up an example of one of the quirkiest cars ever built, bought sight unseen.

Hollywood couldn't dream up a more ridiculous road trip comedy even if they tried.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

I figured as much. i quit sharing that sort of content anyway, so enjoy the boring snaps I send of broken poo poo!

I figured a CSB junk shot was part of the initiation ritual of AI Snapchat. I was disappointed when I never got one :v:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

MrChips posted:

Hollywood couldn't dream up a more ridiculous road trip comedy even if they tried.

Why is it always Viggen + <X> as a made for AI-13 audiences movie? I feel like I am getting typecast, ya know..

E: I have one for ya, which is actually going to happen. Swedes, Viggen, SAABs. Transcontinental road trip. I may have to find some ABBA CDs to torment them with. They'll probably hitchhike before we break the state border, though.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Considering he's only a few hours away (at high warp), this could be doable.

Rovers are gone from my stable, and will be for quite some time. they did me wrong, and I'm not one for brand loyalty anymore.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
My phone was dead, otherwise people would have gotten a sweet how to start an engine vid.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

rscott posted:

I have too many books I want to read in storage and I don't want to buy them again :argh:

Holdbrooks posted:

Is the a better snapchat I should be using. This is literally the buggiest app I have ever used it crashes most of the time when I open a pic from someone. Sometimes I see them and somtimes I don't. Also I keep getting screen shots apearing in my camera roll. I just went to send a pic of my broken helicopter and I have like 100 random pics if goatse guy, trains and AI pets. lol

E: Maybe it's because I have never updated my phone.

Get a Windows Phone and install Rudy Huyn's version. :twisted:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

CharlesM posted:

Get a Windows Phone and install Rudy Huyn's version. :twisted:

I'm using 6snap on windows. Its the second or third client I've tried. It won't do video, and more times than not lets me re-watch multiple snaps. but its the least buggy.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Hold down the button for video

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
It looses the video post recording.

I converted from ios to 8.1. Tee hee.

a phone that can pronounce my name loving wins in my book.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Viggen posted:

All the same, we're glad you didn't die of Ebola, or ebophilia or whatever it is this week. Your pic looked kinda rough.

That was one of the better hospital selfies.

The toilet facilities in the ICU left quite a bit to be desired too:

zundfolge posted:

I figured a CSB junk shot was part of the initiation ritual of AI Snapchat. I was disappointed when I never got one :v:

It's very much a "you want to put that WHERE?".

cursedshitbox posted:

Awesome to hear STR. :glomp: I'm glad that they didn't fire your rear end for that either.

As far as they know, I was in the hospital for issues relating to diabetes (which is true, and I was receiving insulin while there - they don't need to know about the detox part). And diabetes is protected under the American with Disabilities Act. They'd find themselves in a world of hurt if they tried to terminate me over that. And legally all they can ask for is a doctor's note stating I'm fit to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

some texas redneck posted:

The toilet facilities in the ICU left quite a bit to be desired too:

Yeah, I think they got it backwards.

• Locked thread