Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

yeah we should do it again soon

it takes an experienced gamer to lead others into virtual combat

goongrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eonwe posted:

UT owned last night

Fal kicked our asses pretty bad tho

Fal vertically :hellyeah:'d me while I was on an elevator

But yeah weekend UT works for me, preferably later at night

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

UT Monday in honor of Payton Manning's touchdown pass record.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The weekend is ending and I forgot to try Payday 2

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you aren't missing much. i played it a bunch for like 2 months straight and haven't touched it since.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

qnqnx posted:

The weekend is ending and I forgot to try Payday 2

I forgot to do this, as well.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

you aren't missing much. i played it a bunch for like 2 months straight and haven't touched it since.

I have been avoiding it because apparently it isn't fun solo and guess I'm skipping this sale as well now.
Also the amount and price of the DLC is wack

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

qnqnx posted:

I have been avoiding it because apparently it isn't fun solo and guess I'm skipping this sale as well now.
Also the amount and price of the DLC is wack

There is like one dlc you need to buy and with the sale its like 9 bucks altogether. Lots of people are playing now, if you can't get a decent group its because you are retarded. Its the best co-op shooter outside of Blands right now

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
It is true though, don't play it solo except maybe to learn the controls for a minute.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Yeah don't do it, it's a miserable experience. gently caress moving bags by yourself.

Kazvall posted:

UT Monday in honor of Payton Manning's touchdown pass record.

:hellyeah:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Fellis posted:

There is like one dlc you need to buy and with the sale its like 9 bucks altogether. Lots of people are playing now, if you can't get a decent group its because you are retarded. Its the best co-op shooter outside of Blands right now

I played 99% of BL2 solo

Edit: playtime counter for BL2 is at 532 hours

qnqnx fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 20, 2014

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

qnqnx posted:

I played 99% of BL2 solo

Edit: playtime counter for BL2 is at 532 hours

O____O

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bef posted:

O____O

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

need some dota buds to play with because i might as well kill myself if i start playing solo. im ghost dad gaming on steam

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

babypolis posted:

need some dota buds to play with because i might as well kill myself if i start playing solo. im ghost dad gaming on steam

You might as well kill yourself because of playing dota at all

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

babypolis posted:

play smite

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If anyone wants a charged load of AIDS I'll be playing either BL2 or the new borderlands in like half an hour.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
all the classic You Don't Know Jack games are ina humble bundle rn for $6, can you play them online with other people?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm playing Strider and having fun times

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

People wanna play some UT?

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Let's do this

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I gotta go for a bit but that was some freaking good poo poo.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I gotta go for a bit but that was some freaking good poo poo.

yeah dude you're pretty good

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Sadly, the art of getting close to someone and instagibbing with the shield gun still escapes me.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

careful timing of the double tap forward with the jump so you get a crazy boost towards the person, it seems

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

Kazvall posted:

careful timing of the double tap forward with the jump so you get a crazy boost towards the person, it seems

please dont give away the secrets

it can be crazy easy thanks to the shield gun auto-pulverizing someone when they're in range and it's charged enough

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
To get that boost you want to dodge while running. For example while moving forward, double tap A or D, and you'll go significantly faster. Demonstrated here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNFtHm93bhY&t=71s

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Falsum posted:

To get that boost you want to dodge while running. For example while moving forward, double tap A or D, and you'll go significantly faster. Demonstrated here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNFtHm93bhY&t=71s

Actually I always use dodge for that small boost of speed. It's just that always to the right because double tapping A or W is considerably harder for me than double tapping D.
And thus instead I sort of strafe right all over the place.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I will telefrag more next time I swear.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I think the best part was when I won the game within 10 seconds of the vote being called. :smug:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Haha yeah that green valley stage yeah what kind of moron voted for that

:negative:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/10/19/unreal-tournaments-weekly-builds/

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stoutfish and Other Goon need to add me on steam for free games:

steamcommunity.com/id/turtlishus

most importantly, the payday2

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Actually I always use dodge for that small boost of speed. It's just that always to the right because double tapping A or W is considerably harder for me than double tapping D.
And thus instead I sort of strafe right all over the place.

So you strafe dodge while trying to keep them to your side? I've been trying that, too. It's a lot easier than tapping W, and yet tapping W into a jump seems like the most distance covered?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kazvall posted:

So you strafe dodge while trying to keep them to your side? I've been trying that, too. It's a lot easier than tapping W, and yet tapping W into a jump seems like the most distance covered?

If there were a better way to dodge than doubletapping I would have fixed that problem already, alas...

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

qnqnx posted:

If there were a better way to dodge than doubletapping I would have fixed that problem already, alas...

maybe, I'm not sure

just curious between the effectiveness of the different dodges + jump while trying to melee

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Turtlicious posted:

Stoutfish and Other Goon need to add me on steam for free games:

steamcommunity.com/id/turtlishus

most importantly, the payday2

i got payday 2 free from someone else (my connections run deep)

I'd be glad to hold onto another copy, though.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

qnqnx posted:

Set a macro where if you press a key (shift maybe?) and a direction, instead of pressing it, it double taps it.

e: That's how I did that, and a bunch of CS stuff. I was a dumb tryhard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how does everyone have this game, I still have 2 copies to give away.

felds if you added me for games you have to uninstall payday 2 first to get it I think, because it says you own it.