Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Don't stare at it, it's too glorious to behold! :magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well now I want to see variants for all the other characters.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Well now I want to see variants for all the other characters.

One of them has to be this or else there is no justice

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Srice posted:

One of them has to be this or else there is no justice

Gotta be Sazaki.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

TARDISman posted:

Gotta be Sazaki.

:aaa: Klim Nick is basically Sazaki

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

bubblegumbo0 posted:

Ramba Ral is too good for that other show.
brb, praying to the Gunpla gods for a Klim Nick cameo.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Personally, I kind of want to see an all close-range/melee focused Tallgeese. Tallgeese Knight.

So this is tens of pages back but. http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/OZ-06MS-SS1_Leo-S I guess.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
So how long do you guys think till we have the technology to simulate battles virtually. ~5-10?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

goodness posted:

So how long do you guys think till we have the technology to simulate battles virtually. ~5-10?

Well, all we need is for some random thief to lug in a gigantic magical crystal from another dimension

Caros
May 14, 2008

Broken Loose posted:

Well, all we need is for some random thief to lug in a gigantic magical crystal from another dimension

Holograms not so much. VR wise I could see 10-20 years for something where you scan a gunpla and have it fight in a videogame environment. I mean gundam breakers is pretty much the combat part of that already.

Also, have I mentioned how loving dumb it is to have Gundam Breakers be its own thing rather than just having it be Gundam Build Fighters: The Game? I would kill for a game where I get to build my gunpla from scratch, take it through tournaments with neat little gimmicks and side characters rather than the incredibly generic Breaker's plotline. Take my money Bandai :argh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caros posted:

Holograms not so much. VR wise I could see 10-20 years for something where you scan a gunpla and have it fight in a videogame environment. I mean gundam breakers is pretty much the combat part of that already.

Also, have I mentioned how loving dumb it is to have Gundam Breakers be its own thing rather than just having it be Gundam Build Fighters: The Game?

Bandai Namco should just rip off Custom Robo Arena and make a Build Fighters game :pray:.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
We already have Oculus Rift progressing rapidly and its ridiculously realistic. Once they can make that more effectively sync up with your brain, we are in the clear.

I am really excited for holographic gaming tables for miniature games (Warhammer)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
There are already arcade games in japan where you swipe RFID chip'd pokemon over a sensor and level them up on the arcade machine.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Broken Loose posted:

Now that I think about it, how did he even carry that?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

Now that I think about it, how did he even carry that?

I think he just set it off in the treasure chamber and woke up in Japan.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Kurieg posted:

There are already arcade games in japan where you swipe RFID chip'd pokemon over a sensor and level them up on the arcade machine.

There are actually some pretty awesome gundam arcade games in Japan, with Mr favorite when I lived there being a pseudo card game where you made a squad, each unit in it consisting of a pilot, mobile suit, and 2 or 3 weapons or shields, which you scan in each suit by placing all the cards for it next to each other in the board, which scans them to build the suit. You then remove all but the pilot or suit card and control each suit in the game by moving it's card around. Was ridiculously fun. I could totally see a game where you have something where you scan in the parts you want to build your suit out of and then control it in the game vs other players.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

There are actually some pretty awesome gundam arcade games in Japan, with Mr favorite when I lived there being a pseudo card game where you made a squad, each unit in it consisting of a pilot, mobile suit, and 2 or 3 weapons or shields, which you scan in each suit by placing all the cards for it next to each other in the board, which scans them to build the suit. You then remove all but the pilot or suit card and control each suit in the game by moving it's card around. Was ridiculously fun. I could totally see a game where you have something where you scan in the parts you want to build your suit out of and then control it in the game vs other players.

I want it. :(

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Caros posted:

I want it. :(

When you get down to it, Japanese arcade games can be ridiculously advanced in what they can do, but they never leave Japan.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

When you get down to it, Japanese arcade games can be ridiculously advanced in what they can do, but they never leave Japan.

Well it isn't suprising. I suppose I'll just have to stick to Gundam Breakers 2.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Just to pre-empt this, can we all agree not to get bent out of shape when our heroes (including Fumina) inevitably get chumped in their first team battle because they have no idea how to work as a team? Because there's no way that's not going to happen since that's how these stories work.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

Just to pre-empt this, can we all agree not to get bent out of shape when our heroes (including Fumina) inevitably get chumped in their first team battle because they have no idea how to work as a team? Because there's no way that's not going to happen since that's how these stories work.

Pretty sure it's not gonna happen that way. Fumina and Yuuma have played together before, and Sekai's pretty good at following instructions rather than going off half-cocked with fighting spirit :supaburn:.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
If you're talking about episode three, I for one welcome our heroes' chumping with open arms if it means Gyanko and her excellent taste in mobile suits living up to the poo poo-eating grin she has in her concept art.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pretty sure it's not gonna happen that way. Fumina and Yuuma have played together before, and Sekai's pretty good at following instructions rather than going off half-cocked with fighting spirit :supaburn:.

But on the other hand Yuuma seems very likely to crumble under pressure and communicate poorly, and Sekai might be generically skilled but lacks any real experience or knowledge of what others' gunpla might be able to do or what tricks the other team could pull. Fumina would be split between trying to cover both of them and fall apart that way. I'm not saying that's exactly how it would go down, but there's definitely ground for it.

Also I want Team Gyanko to win.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Oct 21, 2014

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I'm hoping they both get chumped and win the rematch in the same ep cause the first season of GBF never really wasted time on poo poo like that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I just hope she gets more worthwhile fights in than Sazaki did.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Fumina is piloting the GM Cardigan in the preview and this is also supposed to be the episode she switches to the Winning Gundam, so expect the thing to get wrecked yet again.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

I'm hoping they both get chumped and win the rematch in the same ep cause the first season of GBF never really wasted time on poo poo like that.

It didn't, but that also made it so that Sei and Reiji never really lost, which made it hard to build up any tension. They did a good enough job creating tension despite that, but that came more from the other characters who we knew could lose. Showing us that the heroes can actually have a real, full episode loss would be a good thing, even if we know ultimately they'll win in the series as a whole.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Did/do you guys like Bakugan?

e: for real, do you all remember Medabots? I am on 1.4 of GBF and I had a flashback to that show I had forgotten.

goodness fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Oct 21, 2014

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

goodness posted:

Did/do you guys like Bakugan?

e: for real, do you all remember Medabots? I am on 1.4 of GBF and I had a flashback to that show I had forgotten.

Medabots had a pretty cool 2d fighter on the GBA I absolutely loved.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Medabots owned, but some years ago i found out there was a second season.
I watched both season at that time, the original is dorky but fun and is still quite entertaining but that second season is just terrible.

E:

Pyronic posted:

Medabots had a pretty cool 2d fighter on the GBA I absolutely loved.
I had the pokemon esque rpg for the GBA and it ownes.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I just hope she gets more worthwhile fights in than Sazaki did.

So more than zero? Sazaki had the first fight where he ripped Sei apart and then was comic relief for the remainder of the show.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
He beat the Turn X. :colbert:

And then got murdered by the Rinascita.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The only thing I remember about Medabots is the main character's father suddenly revealing himself as world policeman or something in the finale.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Zedd posted:

Medabots owned, but some years ago i found out there was a second season.
I watched both season at that time, the original is dorky but fun and is still quite entertaining but that second season is just terrible.

E:

I had the pokemon esque rpg for the GBA and it ownes.

Pokemon TCG on the gameboy owned

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

chumbler posted:

If they get chumped it will be by an all woman team so it would take some pretty awesome mental gymnastics to get mad about ":qq: Girls aren't allowed to do anything of value in BF :qq:". I dont think it would happen anyways unless mr blue decides to go emo and disregard strategies or whatever.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Fumina is piloting the GM Cardigan in the preview and this is also supposed to be the episode she switches to the Winning Gundam, so expect the thing to get wrecked yet again.

And episode 4 is the big SD Gundam episode, so...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chumbler posted:

It didn't, but that also made it so that Sei and Reiji never really lost, which made it hard to build up any tension. They did a good enough job creating tension despite that, but that came more from the other characters who we knew could lose. Showing us that the heroes can actually have a real, full episode loss would be a good thing, even if we know ultimately they'll win in the series as a whole.

Sei and Reiji got wrecked by Yuuki in both their first and second matches against him, to be fair.

That said, I really don't see Gyanko taking the entire win. Yuuki did it because he was the series rival.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

goodness posted:

Pokemon TCG on the gameboy owned

I think he meant this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medabots_%28video_game%29.

Though you'll be happy to know that pokemon TCG Gameboy is coming to the 3ds virtual console soon-ish

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

ImpAtom posted:

That said, I really don't see Gyanko taking the entire win. Yuuki did it because he was the series rival.

How awesome would it be now if they throw us a complete curveball and Gyanko becomes part of the series' main rival team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ActionZero posted:

How awesome would it be now if they throw us a complete curveball and Gyanko becomes part of the series' main rival team.

It could go either way really. Kaoruko is second only to Fumina in popularity and she hasn't even had an episode yet. The entire thing being three on threes means they really cant have a lot of throw away characters because the cast would absolutely balloon and the director has already mentioned that he wouldn't bring in a lot of the characters from s1 because the cast is already huge as it is.

Is there a way to see how popular a show outside of tv ratings? It seems that s2 is way more popular than s1 right now, with like 1/5th of the pixiv contributions that BSs1 had in only 2 episodes with barely any of the supporting/antagonists (and their gunpla) cast being revealed yet.

• Locked thread