Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Pwnstar posted:

I hope we get a scene where Talbot dramatically tears of his moustache to reveal he was actually X character all along. Preferably someone who looks completely different.

Talbot removes his mustache to reveal that he was Xena all along. The one that died was just an LMD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
God drat. Remember how sure we all were that Coulson's resurrection was related to LMD's?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Talbot whips off the moustache to reveal...a smaller moustache!!! He's still Glenn Talbot, but he just bought a new pair of trimmers and he wanted to try them out. What do you think? Is it too much? Maybe he should just shave his moustache entirely, but you know how it is...he's had a moustache his whole adult life. You grow weirdly attached to things like that, y'know? Anyways, what was he talking about?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jamesman posted:

God drat. Remember how sure we all were that Coulson's resurrection was related to LMD's?

Are we still sure it isn't? :tinfoil:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Deakul posted:

Are we still sure it isn't? :tinfoil:

True. I mean, I'm still wondering what that girl saw in Coulson's body with her cyborg eye.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Jamesman posted:

True. I mean, I'm still wondering what that girl saw in Coulson's body with her cyborg eye.

Or maybe it could be just what Agent Blake said in "Fzzt" - Coulson's personality has changed a bit since his death. She never said that she saw anything different with Coulson via X-ray, just that he'd changed.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Or maybe it could be just what Agent Blake said in "Fzzt" - Coulson's personality has changed a bit since his death. She never said that she saw anything different with Coulson via X-ray, just that he'd changed.

I think Jamesman was talking about Akela in the episode "Eye Spy"...

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Kheldarn posted:

I think Jamesman was talking about Akela in the episode "Eye Spy"...

... yes, I know. I was trying to make the point that in the tag of that other episode, Agent Blake also commented that Coulson's personality seemed different, and as far as we know, he doesn't have a robot eye. So therefore, Akela's comment could easily have been just about his personality, not about anything she saw with the X-ray vision.

Jamesman posted:

The conversation that took place heavily implied she saw something inside of him. Thinking about it some more, I guess she could have seen that his skull was cut open at some point.

That also works, I'm sure that would probably leave some kind of mark on the skull.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 19, 2014

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
The conversation that took place heavily implied she saw something inside of him. Thinking about it some more, I guess she could have seen that his skull was cut open at some point.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Jamesman posted:

Hadn't he had extensive surgeries to fix the fact he'd started to decay as well? He's exterior might look okay but he could be all sorts of hosed up inside.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Mokinokaro posted:

Talbot's just a "by the book" soldier type who doesn't really trust any part of SHIELD due to the HYDRA infiltration. He's definitely not evil at all.

And he's absolutely right not to trust an organization headed by an unelected official with zero accountability and zero oversight.

Cap was right to demand SHIELD be dismantled.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

The Sharmat posted:

And he's absolutely right not to trust an organization headed by an unelected official with zero accountability and zero oversight.

Doesn't that apply to the Avengers as well though?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It applies to ALL superheroes, hence Civil War.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
But... Cap wasn't in favor of the Super Powers Act at all...

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

Technically the Avengers were never offically 'mantled' though, I thought? My impression was that Fury's plan was to have a super-threat response team built up as a total last resort when necessary, only he got caught out mid-planning/red tape stage, hence it being the 'rag-tag' team that was forced into action/called up/hoped upon/risked/etc, and that it worked was somewhat skin of the teeth (and the fact it was an offworld based threat).

E: I'm talking purely the world that the movies are building, not comics.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

But... Cap wasn't in favor of the Super Powers Act at all...

Captain America favoring superheroes, who regularly intervene violently in major conflicts with resultant massive collateral damage, having no oversight by or accountability to a democratically appointed/elected representative of the people in the country they operate in is one my personal WTF moments.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Slashrat posted:

Captain America favoring superheroes, who regularly intervene violently in major conflicts with resultant massive collateral damage, having no oversight by or accountability to a democratically appointed/elected representative of the people in the country they operate in is one my personal WTF moments.

Didn't they toss anyone who objected into a war camp? It's been years since I read it, but between that and Robo-Thor murdering the poo poo out of the rebels once they were helpless it had a pretty strong WWII vibe.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah that was pretty much the gist of it. Cap wasn't that against the registration but he loathed the ways it was being implemented and abused.

Rogers is kind of a non crazy libertarian at heart.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

OptimusWang posted:

That show also had a time traveler, so I'm not sure how "real" it should be considered.

Pwnstar posted:

Also phasers.

johntfs posted:

Even so, Castle generally sticks to stuff that's (barely) plausible in the real world. Even with the time traveler, there's still plenty of room for him being a stealthy nutcase. Even the "invisibility suit" from the last episode is just a couple steps up from these things.

Ok just what the gently caress is going on in Castle?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah that was pretty much the gist of it. Cap wasn't that against the registration but he loathed the ways it was being implemented and abused.

Rogers is kind of a non crazy libertarian at heart.

Yeah, it was sold as the heroes being held accountable and finally making sure they were all formally trained and held to a certain standard. What we got was interdimensional torture camps in a universe which sends you insane and people getting their arms eaten.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yeah, it was sold as the heroes being held accountable and finally making sure they were all formally trained and held to a certain standard. What we got was interdimensional torture camps in a universe which sends you insane and people getting their arms eaten.

Don't forgot Osborn as leader of the Thunderbolts. drat you Sony, give us our Spider-man!

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Cardboard Box A posted:

Ok just what the gently caress is going on in Castle?

His dad is James Bond, there's all sorts of crazy sci-fi tropes flying around (the current one is he mind-wiped himself), tons of Firefly references, giant gov't conspiracies, etc. It's gone from a semi-serious procedural to a vehicle for Nathan Fillion to do whatever the gently caress he wants. In short, :iia:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

OptimusWang posted:

His dad is James Bond, there's all sorts of crazy sci-fi tropes flying around (the current one is he mind-wiped himself), tons of Firefly references, giant gov't conspiracies, etc. It's gone from a semi-serious procedural to a vehicle for Nathan Fillion to do whatever the gently caress he wants. In short, :iia:

:allears:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

OptimusWang posted:

:stare: Holy poo poo, I stopped watching like 3 seasons ago(When Beckett moved to DC?), I think I need to catch the gently caress up.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Dexo posted:

:stare: Holy poo poo, I stopped watching like 3 seasons ago(When Beckett moved to DC?), I think I need to catch the gently caress up.

Was that before or after aliens showed up? They weren't really aliens of course, that would be ridiculous. Instead they were the comic book version of SHIELD with a leader that Castle had previously shadowed (and maybe dated? I forget).

For all of the hubbub around Flash/Arrow/Gotham/AoS, Castle is steadily becoming more of a comic book show than any of them :v:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The Sharmat posted:

What does he know? He doesn't even know what Myspace is!!!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

OptimusWang posted:

Was that before or after aliens showed up? They weren't really aliens of course, that would be ridiculous. Instead they were the comic book version of SHIELD with a leader that Castle had previously shadowed (and maybe dated? I forget).

For all of the hubbub around Flash/Arrow/Gotham/AoS, Castle is steadily becoming more of a comic book show than any of them :v:

Isn't the entire premise of Castle basically that of the movie Stranger Than Fiction, except that Castle is both the author and the protagonist?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The premise of Castle is that he writes popular mystery books and has a mind for mysteries. He joins a sub-par and almost completely inept police force as research and is able to solve the crimes they can't solve even though they should be able to do so.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

OptimusWang posted:

Wait...What! How why when? The gently caress? I stopped watching it a few years ago even with my totally healthy Stana Katic fixation. It's become entertaining again?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Wait...What! How why when? The gently caress? I stopped watching it a few years ago even with my totally healthy Stana Katic fixation. It's become entertaining again?

I dunno. I think it needs to either go all in on a major new direction or get taken out back and shot, one of the two.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I watch with my wife, and while I don't particularly like the show when they go goofy it can be pretty great. The problem is when they do serious episodes.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

If you think Castle is meant to be supernatural, you are literally retarded.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Asnorban posted:

I watch with my wife, and while I don't particularly like the show when they go goofy it can be pretty great. The problem is when they do serious episodes.

This. Castle ragging on Commander Riker (Frakes directed the ep), then going on to solve a death by phaser murder is awesome. Castle hunting for WMDs, not so much. There's way more goofy episodes than serious ones, although the 2-part eps have gotten so over the top (my dad is a super spy!) that they're unintentionally funny as well.

e: to get this back on track, when is Ward going to become Frank Castle and murder the hell out of everyone?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

OptimusWang posted:

This. Castle ragging on Commander Riker (Frakes directed the ep), then going on to solve a death by phaser murder is awesome. Castle hunting for WMDs, not so much. There's way more goofy episodes than serious ones, although the 2-part eps have gotten so over the top (my dad is a super spy!) that they're unintentionally funny as well.

e: to get this back on track, when is Ward going to become Frank Castle and murder the hell out of everyone?
Fitz is probably going to let him out, I sense.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

Fitz is probably going to let him out, I sense.

I think Skye is going to disappear and Ward will be the only one who can find her / her father. There will be an uneasy alliance and then he'll probably escape after Skye is safe (and become a stalker guardian angel).

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Ward as the punisher would be better than every part of War Zone other than the rocket launcher skeet shot.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Obelisk wine!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That wedding was positively Westerosian.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Coop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skye being awesome.

• Locked thread