Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
What's the easiest way to grab saved videos from the PS4 to edit on a computer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

fookolt posted:

What's the easiest way to grab saved videos from the PS4 to edit on a computer?

take USB stick, stick it in USB port, find video you want to transfer, hit options, choose "copy to USB storage"

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Housh posted:

Anyone get a Playstation TV? What do you think?

I'm also a little curious about this, especially regarding the latency. I watched a few videos on youtube showing gameplay awhile back and it seemed like there was slight lag between the PSTV and the game regardless of hardwire or wifi. If that latency is enough to throw me off on games like SoM, Spelunky, Pix, or any other relatively time-sensitive games I'm going to skip it.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

Housh posted:

Anyone get a Playstation TV? What do you think?

I got one and I really like it so far. It probably really depends on your use case though. I got mine to be able to play some games on my bedroom TV which doesn't have any consoles hooked up to it. Games like Spelunky and Peggle and SOTN running on it natively are really great (as good as on a Vita, if not better since you're using the more comfortable DS4 controller.)

I've tried a bit of the streaming and it seems perfectly fine but there probably is a slight bit of lag that could make the controls in fast action games annoying. So far I've only used it for slower non-actiony things, like searching for collectables in Shadow of Mordor and Sleeping Dogs. It probably wouldn't be great if your only intention with it was to play streaming games and weren't interested in the native Vita games.

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 21, 2014

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

I'm also a little curious about this, especially regarding the latency. I watched a few videos on youtube showing gameplay awhile back and it seemed like there was slight lag between the PSTV and the game regardless of hardwire or wifi. If that latency is enough to throw me off on games like SoM, Spelunky, Pix, or any other relatively time-sensitive games I'm going to skip it.

The latter two play natively on it, so no lag worries there.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

James Woods Fan posted:

There's a stream of Lords Of The Fallen on Live From Playstation. The animation is crappy and it looks like a cheap Souls rip-off. I always had suspicions because these cats made Enemy Front.

It is a huge Souls ripoff down to the names of stats (they call it "Poise" just like Souls) but I watched Epicnamebro's video and it looks like it does do some original things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkDn5r1CieI
He's a huge person in the Souls community and even worked on the Dark Souls 2 strategy guide. He seemed pretty positive about the game so I'm cautiously optimistic. The thing that the game will definitely be missing is the amazing world building that the Souls games have and I think that is where other developers who are trying to ripoff FROM Soft are going to be missing the point. The things that keep people coming back.
Another thing is customization. People love to play Souls games several times through as totally different characters because it feels like a totally different game each time. In Lords Of The Fallen you can only play as Angry Bald Dude. You can't change sex or appearance or anything other than your armour. It also looks like the game wants you to play as a huge, slow moving tank.
It's a neat experiment and I hope it turns out good and I'm excited to play anything remotely "Dark Souls" so I'll probably pick it up eventually. I'll wait and see how people respond to it, though.

SolitarySolidarity
Dec 29, 2012

Evolve. Control. Combine.

James Woods Fan posted:

There's a stream of Lords Of The Fallen on Live From Playstation. The animation is crappy and it looks like a cheap Souls rip-off. I always had suspicions because these cats made Enemy Front.

I pre-ordered Lords of the Fallen with the E3 deal but I'm still on the fence about it. I ordered it because I'm craving a next gen Souls game but now I'm thinking it could become very average. Who knows though, there's a chance it will be a hit.

Kimoosabi X
Nov 8, 2006

Weird question, but to anyone who has played Pix the Cat, is the in-game music incredibly loud or is it just me/my setup? Especially the music in Laboratory, it seems way louder than it should be and I have to turn the volume on my speakers lower than most other games. Just wondering if its like this for everyone. Really enjoying the game more than I thought I would though otherwise, especially now that I've opened up the other game modes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I usually get a big old gamer boner for indie games, and have a great time with them, but I have never heard of "ESCAPE GOAT 2". Is it amazing? Should I care?

[edit] Nevermind, just watched a vid. It looks poorly animated and kind of janky.

Jolarix
Feb 28, 2004
Your reading skill has increased by +1 point(s).
Here's an Evolve Alpha code, for first person who wants it.

Go here:
evolvegame.com/bigalpha
Use code:
26110-90008-23174

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Jolarix posted:

Go here:
evolvegame.com/bigalpha
Use code:
26110-90008-23174

Games isn't private, and someone already took that.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Feenix posted:

I usually get a big old gamer boner for indie games, and have a great time with them, but I have never heard of "ESCAPE GOAT 2". Is it amazing? Should I care?

[edit] Nevermind, just watched a vid. It looks poorly animated and kind of janky.

Don't let the janky look put you off. It's a solid puzzle game with great music and tight game mechanics. The first one is really good, too.

If I had something bad to say about them, it would be that I wish there were more puzzles.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jolarix posted:

Go here:
evolvegame.com/bigalpha
Use code:
26110-90008-23174

When is Big Alpha and can you get in at that time with a preorder?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Sony hosed up my PSN account in a good way.

I accidentally added both Destiny and the Delux edition to my account and spend 150$ instead of 80$ that I wanted to spend. I chatted with PSN support and they said they would credit me 60$ back.

They gave all 150$ back and let me keep Destiny. :v:
300$ of games for free!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wolfenstein first impressions: wtf is happening! ahhh!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

For the first time in like 3 years I want to rent a game to try (Mordor) but I moved to a small town and now can't find anywhere to get it. The one video store only has like 8 PS4 games and they're mostly from the first 6 months of release.

:argh:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Pleads posted:

For the first time in like 3 years I want to rent a game to try (Mordor) but I moved to a small town and now can't find anywhere to get it. The one video store only has like 8 PS4 games and they're mostly from the first 6 months of release.

:argh:

The only lovely local video store around here wants a $20 deposit to rent PS4 games. Needless to say they won't get my business.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is there any must have dlc to compete in TLOU factions mp?

i see all these gear/gun packs for sale and i'm tentative to even try the mode out if everyone has a year of experience and better poo poo than me.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

big mean giraffe posted:

The only lovely local video store around here wants a $20 deposit to rent PS4 games. Needless to say they won't get my business.

That sounds ok? There are no rental options left in my area. Blockbuster annihilated the competition then shut down and redbox never started.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
That Lords of the Fallen breakdown was hard to watch as that guy got really aspergery and awkward. However it had some good looks at the game (when it wasn't just awkward talking head on a black screen for far too long) which lead me to believe it may be good fun as a Gamefly rental.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Real hurthling! posted:

Is there any must have dlc to compete in TLOU factions mp?

i see all these gear/gun packs for sale and i'm tentative to even try the mode out if everyone has a year of experience and better poo poo than me.

Nah, the DLC perks are fun and can help out very specific builds but none of them are necessary.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I would go as far as to say the TLOU MP DLC is lovely and not worth buying at all. It just spreads out your points allotment.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cool thanks.

Add me if you need somebody to shoot survivors with

Mera_Mendacia

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ratbert90 posted:

Sony hosed up my PSN account in a good way.

I accidentally added both Destiny and the Delux edition to my account and spend 150$ instead of 80$ that I wanted to spend. I chatted with PSN support and they said they would credit me 60$ back.

They gave all 150$ back and let me keep Destiny. :v:
300$ of games for free!

You'll lose Destiny in about a week.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

That's probably long enough

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah a week is plenty of time to get bored of destiny.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

Do any of you have experience taking your PS4 (or any console I guess) through an airport in your carry-on? I'm moving across the country this week, and I'm trying to decide between boxing it up and shipping it by UPS, or just taking it on the plane with me. I don't want to put it in my regular luggage because I feel 100% certain it would get stolen or broken that way.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Undead Muppet posted:

Do any of you have experience taking your PS4 (or any console I guess) through an airport in your carry-on? I'm moving across the country this week, and I'm trying to decide between boxing it up and shipping it by UPS, or just taking it on the plane with me. I don't want to put it in my regular luggage because I feel 100% certain it would get stolen or broken that way.

Don't see any reason it wouldn't work. Just make sure they don't gate check it and it should be fine.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

probably have to send it through the xray separately from your luggage like a laptop so don't bury it in your bag.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Well, my PS4 has transformed into an excellent Spelunky machine.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I actually saw an old man flying a couple weeks ago with a ps4 in his bag and two controllers in his jacket pockets.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
If you just add 100 bucks to your sony wallet, does that get you the 15 bonus dollars? I'm thinking about doing that for black friday/cyber monday deals for psn

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Does the player character in Lords of the Fallen smolder with generic rage? That's very important to me in video games.

edit: holy poo poo Disgaea 5 demo over on the Japanese store. I assume it will look just like the PS3 games though, which in turn look like PS2 games but with higher resolution everything.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 22, 2014

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Tyree posted:

If you just add 100 bucks to your sony wallet, does that get you the 15 bonus dollars? I'm thinking about doing that for black friday/cyber monday deals for psn

Pretty sure you need to spend $100 to get the bonus.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Malt posted:

Pretty sure you need to spend $100 to get the bonus.

Actually is there any way to confirm that you did this? I think I did between AC4, Freedom Cry, Ground Zeroes, and Mordor, but... I'm not sure. :ohdear:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yep, Disgaea 5 is definitely still a PS2 game, for better or worse.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 22, 2014

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Undead Muppet posted:

I have taken it on as a carry on twice now (brought it with me during a summer internship). I'm not sure I needed to, but I sent it through the x-ray as if it was a laptop and everything was fine. (It even fit in a laptop sleeve I have for padding and my laptop bag as a carry on, Its still surprising how small it is).

I'm not sure what you are worried about.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
My PS4 wireless worked fine for about a month, but over the weekend my internet was acting up for a few hours (really slow, like 28.8k slow) and now the PS4 can't connect wirelessly anymore because of signal strength or something. Has anyone had this happen? I could wire it I guess but the wireless was fast and smooth before then.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Knightmare posted:

My PS4 wireless worked fine for about a month, but over the weekend my internet was acting up for a few hours (really slow, like 28.8k slow) and now the PS4 can't connect wirelessly anymore because of signal strength or something. Has anyone had this happen? I could wire it I guess but the wireless was fast and smooth before then.

Go wired. Ps4 wireless is a fickle bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yep, Disgaea 5 is definitely still a PS2 game, for better or worse.

So is Omega Quintet (demo up, PS+ exclusive I think), until you figure out the combat system which is great, totally what Compile Heart should be doing - building systems and selling them to people who can make better games. I'd buy it just for the combat system if I wasn't busy with everything else and awaiting GTA5.

• Locked thread