Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

DrManiac posted:

I also remember a article saying no godbaby.

I believe the comment said was that not having the god-baby would not instantly lock you off to a major plot of some kind. They also said that no, they wont force the god baby to exist like they revived Leliana etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

The Qunari were 10x more interesting when they were just a different culture instead of literal demon horned monster linebackers.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

The Qunari were 10x more interesting when they were just a different culture instead of literal demon horned monster linebackers.

I mean they were always huge dudes with kinda grey skin, they just got some giant horns for... some reason.

And Iron Bull still got a tiny head.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

Personally I like different races to look different, instead of just having human, tall human, short human, and shorter human. But people recoiled in horror at the elves in DA2, and if you don't have fuckable elves, then I guess you just gotta pack it in.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Lotish posted:

Personally I like different races to look different, instead of just having human, tall human, short human, and shorter human. But people recoiled in horror at the elves in DA2, and if you don't have fuckable elves, then I guess you just gotta pack it in.

DA 2 Elves, while horrifying, aren't really a great example of not being "human, but X."

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

I believe the comment said was that not having the god-baby would not instantly lock you off to a major plot of some kind. They also said that no, they wont force the god baby to exist like they revived Leliana etc.

Though it would probably be a good idea to remember that they were specifically referring to the god-baby that could have existed in DA:O given player choices. Basically, they'll handle that poo poo exactly like they handled Leliana via ~something else happened beyond your choice so, no, we didn't change your choice or anything but something still happened to void it, you're not the god of this world you big baby customer~. If Morrigan wanted something, she was probably going to get it somehow, eventually, if their past treatment of stuff like that is any indication.

The 'like they revived Leliana' part of that was most definitely not part of their official statement and their policy is still "that was the right choice and we will make it again in the future via plot bullshit if we feel it necessary for the story, you whiny entitled customer".

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I like to think that anyone who killed Leilana was just playing the game wrong.

Although if they make Anders alive again im gunna fukn rage, m8.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Drifter posted:

I really do think that they just completely forgot it was possible to kill Leliana when making DA2, and only justified it when someone reminded them.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Keeshhound posted:

DA 2 Elves, while horrifying, aren't really a great example of not being "human, but X."

A baby step forward, but then an archery rogue backflip backwards.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Drifter posted:

What if they let you kill him again? Then you could have the experience of killing Anders twice.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I liked how weird the elves in DA2 looked.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Drifter posted:

But...killing Liliana saves you SO much annoyance.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

She basically doesn't come up in the plot if you just ignore her, though. You have to talk to her to trigger her quest and even the song thing after the Brecilian Forest.

It's Alistair and Morrigan who show up even if you tell them to gently caress off at every turn.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

A. Beaverhausen posted:

People don't like Liliana?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So people hate Morrigan because she is too self-centered and bitchy when you do decent things and hate Leiliana because she's too squeaky clean and preachy when you are not 'doing the right thing' all the time and loving the Maker?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SgtSteel91 posted:

So people hate Morrigan because she is too self-centered and bitchy when you do decent things and hate Leiliana because she's too squeaky clean and preachy when you are not 'doing the right thing' all the time and loving the Maker?

Leliana can change, it's hinted that her Maker obsession is her starting to seriously go crazy or at least believe her own fantasies, and doesn't provide a deus ex machina near the end of the game.

She's not a great character, but she has some (not a lot, but some) nuance, pretty consistently written, and isn't weirdly shoehorned into the plot. Which puts her well above Morrigan, in my opinion.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

SgtSteel91 posted:

Mostly, people hate women.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

SgtSteel91 posted:

Leliana is my favorite companion in the game besides Shale, I don't know why Goons hate her so much. There's no real reason to, unless you really dislike characters who aren't dark and broody.

(My third favorite companion is Zevran, who apparently a lot of goons hate too?)

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Darth Windu posted:

Mostly, people hate women.

I hate Leliana and Morrigan equally. Double the sweet, sweet misogyny.

Anora is pretty awesome though, unironically.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

KittyEmpress posted:

Leliana is my favorite companion in the game besides Shale, I don't know why Goons hate her so much. There's no real reason to, unless you really dislike characters who aren't dark and broody.

(My third favorite companion is Zevran, who apparently a lot of goons hate too?)

I like most of the characters in Origins aside from Leliana, who I only find boring. Morrigan and Alistair's relationship is pretty amusing, Zevran's ridiculous accent and mannerisms are hilarious, and Shale is Shale. Wynne is boring too. Oghren is kinda funny but not enough to keep around, and Sten is cool.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Leliana is too unremarkable to hate.

I struggle to even have an opinion about her. She's just...there. :effort:

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
That Bull VA is unreal, did no one actually listen to it after they recorded? It sounds like hes speaking normally and covering part of his mouth or something. They must have him on a contract for a set number of games because I've heard better VA from amateur goons. I could never use the character without skipping every scene where he speaks.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Leliana is too unremarkable to hate.

I struggle to even have an opinion about her. She's just...there. :effort:

That's roughly my feeling on her. She's not good, she's not bad, she's bland and inoffensive. Same thing for Oghren. I like Shale, Zevran, Sten, and Wynne, and dislike Alistair and Morrigan, but Leliana and Oghren are just solidly okay.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Zevran rules, and if you think he's nothing but a flaming dumb sex joke vehicle like Isabella, you didn't have him in your party enough. :colbert:

Darth Windu posted:

I like most of the characters in Origins aside from Leliana, who I only find boring. Morrigan and Alistair's relationship is pretty amusing, Zevran's ridiculous accent and mannerisms are hilarious, and Shale is Shale. Wynne is boring too. Oghren is kinda funny but not enough to keep around, and Sten is cool.
ugh I completely agree with Darth Windu, UGH

The Gunslinger posted:

That Bull VA is unreal, did no one actually listen to it after they recorded? It sounds like hes speaking normally and covering part of his mouth or something. They must have him on a contract for a set number of games because I've heard better VA from amateur goons. I could never use the character without skipping every scene where he speaks.
have you somehow missed that it's Freddy Prinz Jr. even after the last few pages

(I also thinks he sounds like he's trying too hard with the voice though. I liked his VA work well enough as Vega.)

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Darth Windu posted:

Agreed on all counts except I didn't care for Zevran.

Wynne is definitely boring. Oghren is ok but a poor man's Korgan.

I read through the DA2 wiki and am yet again reminded of how much of a massive piece of poo poo that game was. The only good character off the top of my head was Isabella.

I know David thinks he's clever for always doing new characters, but he should seriously just try to make a handful of good ones and use them between games. Even Mass Effect kept a handful of the key players - Garrus, Tali, and even Liara.

quote:

That Bull VA is unreal, did no one actually listen to it after they recorded?

Yeah it's atrocious. This game is shaping up to be a total trainwreck from a story standpoint.

Remember when they said they wanted Dragon Age to be like ASOIAF? :lol:

Leliana sounds better though, based on the VA work I've heard. Aside from archers being loving terrible in DA:O without any mods, Leliana was just boring like others said. Sten and Alistair were pretty great, and of course not playable companions. :rolleyes:

oswald ownenstein fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 22, 2014

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Stroop There It Is posted:

have you somehow missed that it's Freddy Prinz Jr. even after the last few pages

Is knowing its Freddie Prinze Jr supposed to somehow make it better? I don't really care who it is, its really bad. Like so bad I can't believe that got through production.

etjester
Jul 14, 2008

[insert text here]

The Gunslinger posted:

If you're inclined, you can see the face he makes when he's doing the voice.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

KittyEmpress posted:

Zevran's fuckin' dumb.

I at least like how Leilana has lines about wherever place you visit.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

Oh my god, the comments. I can't believe all of the people praising him, its you guys trolling right?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

oswald ownenstein posted:

I read through the DA2 wiki and am yet again reminded of how much of a massive piece of poo poo that game was. The only good character off the top of my head was Isabella.

I'm curious as to why you give Isabella a special pass. What set her apart from the others?

This is the character who cannot go one single conversation without making (multiple) sex jokes after all.

e: If one character from DA2 gets to have a "not a poo poo head" pass I think it would have to be Avelyn.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 22, 2014

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Watched the trailer, I think this is the second time Hawke has appeared? I wonder if s/he is just going to hang around for the integrated Exalted March content, or if Hawke has a bigger role to play than they're letting on?

etjester
Jul 14, 2008

[insert text here]

The Gunslinger posted:

Oh my god, the comments. I can't believe all of the people praising him, its you guys trolling right?

The top comments are from people who are BioWare's Twitch moderators and were in the first wave of invites for the Keep. Make of that what you will.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

No joke, but at about 3m30s of that video I fuckin' love that lion helm/facemask things. Dope.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm curious as to why you give Isabella a special pass. What set her apart from the others?

This is the character who cannot go one single conversation without making (multiple) sex jokes after all.

Case solved.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

The Gunslinger posted:

Is knowing its Freddie Prinze Jr supposed to somehow make it better? I don't really care who it is, its really bad. Like so bad I can't believe that got through production.
Nah, I was just wondering why you were referring to him in vague terms.

Chomp8645 posted:

Try clicking on the ? below his avatar for a special hint! The answer is that he is a bad poster with bad opinions.

Batham posted:

I didn't really hate any DA:O characters, just some that I found a bit less interesting.

DA2 however, I can only name the characters that I hated the least and that was Varric and Aveline (that is, until her ridiculous side romance). I was I could sell the rest of my companions tio the Qunqri, and I'm usually a guy that sticks to playing 'lawful good'.
Afraid of Audio are you going to take this poo poo-talking about Fenris
(seriously though, agreed)

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 22, 2014

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
I didn't really hate any DA:O characters, just some that I found a bit less interesting.

DA2 however, I can only name the characters that I hated the least and that was Varric and Aveline (that is, until her ridiculous side romance). I was I could sell the rest of my companions to the Qunari, and I'm usually a guy that sticks to playing 'lawful good'.

Batham fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 22, 2014

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Yes :smug:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The only good thing about Isabella was her and Aveline's progression to becoming best friends. Though that's probably because Aveline is great.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

If you didn't like Isabella you're just slutshaming :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The only good thing about Isabella was her and Aveline's progression to becoming best friends. Though that's probably because Aveline is great.

See, I wish the rest of DAII's crew was more like that instead of just spewing the same bile at each other for years. Having Anders and/or Fenris along made you feel like the dad on a 10-hour trip with obnoxious kids that just won't stop sticking their fingers in each others' faces.

• Locked thread