Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

Reveilled posted:

I haven't gotten to that point on Nisha, Wilhelm or Claptrap, so I don't know what happens there, but for Athena, Springs calls up to talk to her about it and Athena seems genuinely horrified for a bit, I dunno if any of the others would react like that.

Nisha is sexually excited about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
The amount of backtracking and fetch quest-based bullshit in this game is absolutely disgusting and is really killing my motivation to keep playing.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Welcome to Borderlands. I love Borderlands games, but they all include that sort of content to some extent. The people who say that it is worse in this one have forgotten what the previous games were like. After you kill a boss, in any of the games, it was pretty common for new quests to open up in the same zone.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
So, the Steam cards just dropped. Let excitement abound. :toot:

DLC speculation:

You know, the inclusion of Moxxi in a more Vault Hunter-ish outfit we don't see in the game has me wondering, since all the other cards are playable characters... and that would fit the Borderlands 2 card set, which is all playable characters + Jack. Is Aurelia a red herring for Moxxi? Or maybe a replacement due to story concerns? Hm.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Alien Rope Burn posted:

So, the Steam cards just dropped. Let excitement abound. :toot:

DLC speculation:

You know, the inclusion of Moxxi in a more Vault Hunter-ish outfit we don't see in the game has me wondering, since all the other cards are playable characters... and that would fit the Borderlands 2 card set, which is all playable characters + Jack. Is Aurelia a red herring for Moxxi? Or maybe a replacement due to story concerns? Hm.

Moxxi as a DLC character wouldn't work since she tries to kill Jack. If they did a replacement it seems like it'd have been one a while ago.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I finished the game and man, it seems like the moral of the story is that lilith is just a huge piece of poo poo and directly responsible for driving jack crazy. I mean, the guy was pretty evil and messed up to start with, but with trying to kill him on helios and then punching a vault sign onto his face, that seems like what drove him completely evil.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I'm pretty sure Moxxi is right and Jack was always evil. Just ask all those scientists.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I would find a game where you play as Moxxi, Marcus, Helena Pierce, and Dr. Zed as they set up the foundation for Sanctuary and New Haven to be pretty neat.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I swear the legendary drop rates are better in this game. After not getting a single legendary in BL2 without changing the drop rates, I got 3 in my normal playthrough and the first mech suit boss on Helios in TVHM got me a nice legendary rocket launcher. Also I like how they set up TVHM as a retelling. On the other hand I killed the raid boss and the AOE didn't go away so I had to die multiple times to get the (shittier than the original end boss version of it ) loot.

Mr E fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 22, 2014

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Mr E posted:

I swear the legendary drop rates are better in this game. After not getting a single legendary in BL2 without changing the drop rates, I got 3 in my normal playthrough and the first mech suit boss on Helios in TVHM got me a nice legendary rocket launcher. Also I like how they set up TVHM as a retelling. On the other hand I killed the raid boss and the AOE didn't go away so I had to die multiple times to get the (shittier than the original end boss version of it ) loot.

I'm level 37 and have yet to have a legendary of any sort drop. The only one I've found was an SMG in a shop. By far the worst luck I've had. I've had just about my fill of the game anyway, so I figured I'd go out in a blaze of save-editing glory.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 22, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I've seen... one, at 30? And it's an O2 kit. :geno:

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
I've gotten two legendaries, both super lovely lasers that were outclassed by greens.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Anyone else notice the change to Jack's desk after the final boss fight?

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
The scaling gets kinda crazy the higher level you are, at 44 i have 9k shields and 4.9k hp but most mobs are still killing me in three seconds of gunfire. Its not nearly as bad as UVHM but it gets really dodgy.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Jusupov posted:

Use the profile editor for them, it's one click.

This is a lie.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

BombiTheZombie posted:

The scaling gets kinda crazy the higher level you are, at 44 i have 9k shields and 4.9k hp but most mobs are still killing me in three seconds of gunfire. Its not nearly as bad as UVHM but it gets really dodgy.

That's about the size of my level 48 purple shield.

Eschatos posted:

I've gotten two legendaries, both super lovely lasers that were outclassed by greens.

At 16 I had gotten 6. At level 48 I'm now at 10 + 2 I saw in vendors and didn't buy. In BL2 I had gotten 1 by this time.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The 2001 space odyssey reference was amazing and scary. :stare:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

ColHannibal posted:

This is a lie.

Okay it's a few more clicks to open and then save the profile. Unlocking just takes one though.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

All it takes is one click. Save editing: Not even once.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Don't forget; we wan't to capture them ALIVE, mate

Getting the last few badass challenges to unlock takes some killing.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Alteisen posted:

The 2001 space odyssey reference was amazing and scary. :stare:

I loved this! I also got a pretty awesome purple shotgun from the chest at the end.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

lazerwolf posted:

I loved this! I also got a pretty awesome purple shotgun from the chest at the end.

I feel like maybe I missed something with it, I got to enjoy some weird imagery and some empty areas and get a high end chest. Felt like maybe there was supposed to be some enemies, but none showed up?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
So my partner and I finished Normal at level 26 last night on PS3 (me as Athena, him as Fragtrap). A few takeaways from it:

-Holy gently caress, the RK5 fight is a pain the rear end. So not looking forward to that in TVHM.

-Only a couple Oranges dropped for us. Saw a few for sale but could not afford them. Though I did end the game with a lv 9 (?) Longbow Bonus Package as my equipped grenade mod.

-I love Athena's left tree. Captain Elpis, anyone? That plus right tree in TVHM is going to be a fun build, I think.

-This may just be me, but I think Shock damage may be a bit OP in this. I don't recall shock chewing through armored enemies' HP so fast in BL2.

-Final boss fight was mildly annoying, though we both died to AoE after the Lootsplosion.

We're giving it a few days before going into TVHM.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

ShadowedFlames posted:

So my partner and I finished Normal at level 26 last night on PS3 (me as Athena, him as Fragtrap). A few takeaways from it:

-Holy gently caress, the RK5 fight is a pain the rear end. So not looking forward to that in TVHM.

-Only a couple Oranges dropped for us. Saw a few for sale but could not afford them. Though I did end the game with a lv 9 (?) Longbow Bonus Package as my equipped grenade mod.

-I love Athena's left tree. Captain Elpis, anyone? That plus right tree in TVHM is going to be a fun build, I think.

-This may just be me, but I think Shock damage may be a bit OP in this. I don't recall shock chewing through armored enemies' HP so fast in BL2.

-Final boss fight was mildly annoying, though we both died to AoE after the Lootsplosion.

You might think that left tree + right tree is a fun build, but then you get a roid shield and use the middle and left trees. Flying in to enemies laughing like an insane person and splattering every enemy in a single melee hit doesn't get old.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

ShadowedFlames posted:

The RK5 actually might have been easier in TVHM as a Nisha. By then you might have two capstone skills which makes you a murder machine.

As for shock being OP it's pretty drat strong. However, luneshine fire weapons that ignore shields might be the most broken thing. In tvhm there are very few enemies that are armored, and almost everything is fleshy with very few being resistant to fire. It seems that some bosses can ignore that shield bypass bonus however.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

ShadowedFlames posted:

You were underlevelled. You wanna be about 26 going into RK5 really, and 28 or so at the Vault. That's roughly what the enemies equate to anyway. Seems like TVHM starts at 28, too.

Also I just found a neat bug if anyone liked those starting weapons and doesn't have access to Gibbed.

Start a new character, skip the cutscene and get to the character creation bit. I just wanted to look at a head I had unlocked for claptrap but I dont have a claptrap yet so I just looked at that then quit baack ot the mian menu. Upon slecting my Wilhelm again and continuing the game I got the Loyalty reward popups - 2 items and 30 moonstones. Sure enough I have 30 extra moonstones and the Bullpup and Smasher - Level appropriate.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Are there still anymore BL1 savefiles - I'd like to try out that bullpup. The link at the BL2 thread seemed broken.

Being a tad underleveled in BL:TPS is actually pretty fun since the guns scale better and you get a huge XP boost. Being underleveled in BL2 was a nightmare.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Tezzeract posted:

Say what you want about Jack, but he really gets things done.

Does he? He's been trying to kill you (the player) quite unsuccesfully for a while now.

I love Jack. He's probably the coolest bad guy in a long, long time. I don't care what poo poo he's trying to pull, I was laughing my rear end off through all playthroughs of BL2. He's still as funny in this one.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

wdarkk posted:

I'm pretty sure Moxxi is right and Jack was always evil. Just ask all those scientists.

Considering how they tried to kill Jack, and Lilith branding him, I don't see how her rage at him killing Roland is so justified, as they struck first, with the given reason of 'well, we think you suck'. They all then go on to get their asses kicked by Jack & company, and are acting like poor refugees in BL2, when in fact they started this whole mess and very rightly deserve what they got. While Jack isn't excused of his being a jerk, it's hard to feel sorry for any of the BL1 cast anymore.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

orcane posted:

Okay it's a few more clicks to open and then save the profile. Unlocking just takes one though.

The tool only allows you to change the head and skin currently used, you can't unlock it. If you use a new you station it reverts back out to the default with the new stuff not unlocked.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

ColHannibal posted:

The tool only allows you to change the head and skin currently used, you can't unlock it. If you use a new you station it reverts back out to the default with the new stuff not unlocked.

Uhh the profile editor isn't the save editor.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

It seems like there aren't as many "one time only" badass challenges in this game, which is nice because I'd like to get the majority of them completed after I complete TVHM.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

AirRaid posted:

Start a new character, skip the cutscene and get to the character creation bit. I just wanted to look at a head I had unlocked for claptrap but I dont have a claptrap yet so I just looked at that then quit baack ot the mian menu. Upon slecting my Wilhelm again and continuing the game I got the Loyalty reward popups - 2 items and 30 moonstones. Sure enough I have 30 extra moonstones and the Bullpup and Smasher - Level appropriate.

Yeah you can do this infinitely it seems. Guess how I unlocked all of the bank, backpack and ammo upgrades at level 6 for all characters.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Skandranon posted:

Considering how they tried to kill Jack, and Lilith branding him, I don't see how her rage at him killing Roland is so justified, as they struck first, with the given reason of 'well, we think you suck'. They all then go on to get their asses kicked by Jack & company, and are acting like poor refugees in BL2, when in fact they started this whole mess and very rightly deserve what they got. While Jack isn't excused of his being a jerk, it's hard to feel sorry for any of the BL1 cast anymore.

Counterpoint: Bloodwing

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Draxion posted:

And Brick's dog too.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Draxion posted:

I knew someone would bring up Bloodwing... I admit, that part of BL2 still makes me sad, and I feel Mordecai's pain, but that wouldn't have happened if Lilith hadn't declared war to start with. She is the first cause in this chain, not Jack. Moredecai should be taking her out, not doing her dirty work.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

ColHannibal posted:

Profile editor, not save editor:

Kaethela posted:

You want this - http://www.mediafire.com/download/944jnyjwivhd2c2/Borderlands2.Profile.Editor.v1.0.1.0.rar Load up your profile.bin (back it up first!) do whatever you want to it, hit save from the menu. Enjoy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Skandranon posted:

I knew someone would bring up Bloodwing... I admit, that part of BL2 still makes me sad, and I feel Mordecai's pain, but that wouldn't have happened if Lilith hadn't declared war to start with. She is the first cause in this chain, not Jack. Moredecai should be taking her out, not doing her dirty work.

I will quote myself-from-a-few-pages-ago:

CJacobs posted:

It's important to remember that, by this point, Jack has already tricked the BL1 vault hunters into opening the vault via Angel.

Borderlands 2 reveals that Angel was not lying to the vault hunters about the vault's contents to save the galaxy from the Destroyer as her excuse is in the first game, she ACTUALLY lied to them because Jack told her to so that he could harness the power of whatever is really in it. By the events of this game (plot spoilers for this game), he has yanked the eye off of the Destroyer and is using it to power the big H's laser cannon meaning he was successful.

The "get to know Jack" quests in Borderlands 2 reveal that the next step was always to wipe out the bandits on the planet and take control of it. Right now he is in the part of his plan where he is harnessing the vault's power to take over the planet and move up in the ranks at Hyperion. Jack is/was always deceitful, a dick, and generally a bad guy. It's just that before he was a SYMPATHETIC bad guy, and this game shows how he went off the deep end.

Still, even with that information, the Borderlands 1 crew doing what they did was a pretty piss-poor excuse for the game to make Jack to become a bad guy. All they really did was make Jack seem more sympathetic.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 22, 2014

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
To be fair, the bandits of Pandora could use a good wiping out. Most of them really are raging, murderous lunatics.

Edit : I'm not sure if it is intended or just bad writing, but the Pre-sequel really does show Lilith (and Moxi) in a very bad light. At the very least they turned Jack in to the insanely sociopathic BL2 version, and ordering the execution of Athena is really uncalled for.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Attestant posted:

To be fair, the bandits of Pandora could use a good wiping out. Most of them really are raging, murderous lunatics.
Raging, murderous lunatics whose bodies spontaneously generate guns, ammo, and treasure. They are vital to the economy of Pandora. Bandits are a cash crop.

• Locked thread