Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Devor posted:

Fact Check: Mostly False. It was his policies that wrecked the economy, not Bush himself.

no he literally did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
you're all forgetting Bush did 9/11

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
George Bush? Doesn't ring a bell.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

shes down 1 point in the latest KY Sen poll

I wish her campaign well!

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

you're all forgetting Bush did 9/11

"GW rolls up in his Porsche 911, winks at you, speeds off. License plate TOWER7"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Devor posted:

Fact Check: Mostly False. It was his policies that wrecked the economy, not Bush himself.

LOL I get this and you are an Okay person.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Louie Gohmert has some new thoughts to share.

quote:

“I can’t help but believe, just based on the way we’ve got all these nebulous excuses why not to have a travel ban, this president, I guarantee you, we’re going to find out, he has cut a deal with African leaders. They’re going to bring people in.”

Hmm, yes, Obama's secret treaty with Liberia to fly Ebola-infected people to America. Seems plausible. Oh, Louie has some more thoughts?

quote:

“So many of the Nigerians have captured my heart, sweet wonderful people. They may not be as well educated, but they’re smart enough to know, if you you’re dealing with a country where there’s Ebola, you put a ban on travel from that country into Nigeria. This administration has not figured that out yet.”

Well, few are as educated as Louie. He's got a J.D. from Baylor! Do Nigerians have one of those? Probably not. Oh, he's still talking?

quote:

“If people coming across know, gee, maybe we may be traveling with people that have Ebola, maybe that will cut down the numbers because the people coming in are apparently smarter than the people in this administration. We’re wide open to terrorists, we’re wide open to people that want to hurt us.”

:sweatdrop:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Goodluck Jonathan has a PhD in Zoology, I bet he'd get along with Gingrich pretty well. Multiple wives and all.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

George Bush? Doesn't ring a bell.

You haven't heard of the most recent Republican president? You know, Reagan's heir, the president before the US went to poo poo under President Clinton?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

quote:

“So many of the Nigerians have captured my heart, sweet wonderful people. They may not be as well educated,

:stare: Louie Gohmert can't be real.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SedanChair posted:

:stare: Louie Gohmert can't be real.

Gohmert was the Congressional envoy to Nigeria this year to learn about the abduction of girls by Boko Haram. He brought almond M&Ms.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Louie's got that folksy, aww shucks racism that doesn't realize or understand how horribly racist it is.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

TotalHell posted:

Louie's got that folksy, aww shucks racism that doesn't realize or understand how horribly racist it is.
He's got that weird mix of low horsepower brain with a compulsion to think big thoughts.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Christmas came early this year. Audio from the Palin brawl is now available. :allears:

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Holy poo poo listening to Palin just flip out in the background is incredible.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Those drat 60 year old(I don't loving know how old with grey hair) ladies! :argh:

What happened to the $300 sun glasses? :(

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Oh my gorgeous gently caress I listened to it.

Can you imagine if one of Obama's daughters was caught on tape talking like that? Never mind that they are teenagers, for whom it would be totally normal.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

I love Bristol now that I know she has a trash mouth.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao did she say "shoes" or "Choos"? I'd like to think it's the latter.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

PeterWeller posted:

I love Bristol now that I know she has a trash mouth.

Those wine coolers just made her mind fuzzy. She's normally a classy lady.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

DemeaninDemon posted:

I can't even imagine the thoughts that must run through John McCain's head on a daily basis at this point...

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Don't tell me that. I like a lady who says gently caress to a cop.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Chadderbox posted:

I can't even imagine the thoughts that must run through John McCain's head on a daily basis at this point...

something something *bomb bomb iran* something something *south carolina 2000*

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Link not working for me, could you upload elsewhere? I really would like to hear this.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Chadderbox posted:

*airplane noise*

*pewpewpew*

*ejection seat*

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
It'd be fun to hear him reminisce and talk about all the planes he took down.* He has a very impressive record in that regard.

*via pilot error

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Amergin posted:

Really? Because I'm hearing mostly rhetoric against the Democratic Party's policies, which are Obama's policies, such as the ACA.

Not really hearing "Republicans are voting Republican because the president is black" except from liberals who can't fathom why some people disagree with their political ideas.

You'd have a point if it were Obama administration policy to secretly import ebola-infected ISIS terrorists to commit gay married voter fraud. Given that it's not, and that hard-right GOP opposition to the President is more than anything an unthinking scream of reactionary white rage, you do not.

Not sure what to say in response to "The real racism is my not being able to say friend of the family, get that lyin' kenyan Obongo out of the White Hut and back to africa (p.s. not racist) " type tea party-ism, except that the sort of Fox News listeners who think racism was invented in 1964 as a way to make white people feel guilty are incapable of engaging in a reasonable discussion about race.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ErIog posted:

It'd be fun to hear him reminisce and talk about all the planes he took down.* He has a very impressive record in that regard.

*via pilot error

How about that time he almost sunk an aircraft carrier?*

*via pilot/mechanical error

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

My Imaginary GF posted:

How about that time he almost sunk an aircraft carrier?*

*via pilot/mechanical error

The lovely thing about him there wasn't that he hosed up and helped cause it, its that when all hell broke loose he went to the pilots ready room and shot the poo poo with a reporter while everyone else was fighting the fire. Including another officer from his department who took charge of a DC team and led the extinguishing efforts while standing and walking about on a broken leg through all of it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Fried Chicken posted:

The lovely thing about him there wasn't that he hosed up and helped cause it, its that when all hell broke loose he went to the pilots ready room and shot the poo poo with a reporter while everyone else was fighting the fire. Including another officer from his department who took charge of a DC team and led the extinguishing efforts while standing and walking about on a broken leg through all of it.

It's amazing how the GOP has managed to push lesser sons of better men as presidential candidates three loving times in a row and actually got the worst of them elected and then re-elected since the Dems insisted on running one of the most unlikeable people they could find.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's amazing how the GOP has managed to push lesser sons of better men as presidential candidates three loving times in a row and actually got the worst of them elected and then re-elected since the Dems insisted on running one of the most unlikeable people they could find.

Who else could run in 2004?

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Howard Dean was derailed by a goddamn scream :cry:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

Howard Dean was derailed by himself. He was never going to win. gently caress, even Iowa was one helluva shitshow. Be glad his more peculiar traits didn't bring him down.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

A scream, by the way, that was an unfortunate technical decision on the part of the network that was recording him. The mic they were using didn't pick up the crowd at all, and so he just sounded like a crazy person instead of someone going along with the crowd.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ErIog posted:

A scream, by the way, that was an unfortunate technical decision on the part of the network that was recording him. The mic they were using didn't pick up the crowd at all, and so he just sounded like a crazy person instead of someone going along with the crowd.

The scream was one gaffe. If Dean couldn't survive one gaffe, he couldn't survive the general.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

My Imaginary GF posted:

The scream was one gaffe. If Dean couldn't survive one gaffe, he couldn't survive the general.

Chill out. I wasn't the one fighting for Howard Dean for president or anything. I was just pointing out one of the few times in modern political history besides Shirley Sherrod where, "they took me out of context" was a completely legitimate complaint.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

My Imaginary GF posted:

Forget the general, dude had just come in third in Iowa right before the scream.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
My theory on Kerry is that everyone knew Bush 2 would have to get caught loving a goat to lose, so nobody that wasn't a huckster or a perennial campaigner actually did any drat work. I have no idea how right I am or not.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Don't miss this nugget:

https://soundcloud.com/alaskadispatchnews/e97n0560-redacted

"He has a history of aggravated assault if you will. Probably not if you will."

I love how rednecks start talking like cops around cops who also talk like rednecks talking like cops.

"You need to go on another reality show."

Oh snap.

Apparently somewhere in there Korey says, "I wanna talk to the head friend of the family in charge." but I couldn't find it. Anyway :lol: at all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Bobby Digital posted:

*airplane noise*

*pewpewpew*

*ejection seat*
Haha

• Locked thread