Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Michael Cole... *grunt* John Cena... *huff* is going to read you... *snort* A POME... by Dylan Thomas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It should've been Ozymandias, read by Vince, if they're going for poem/wrestler parallels.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I just lost all my No Mercy saved data. :(

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I just lost all my No Mercy saved data. :(

A moment of silence

I have two bugged carts now. Once it warms ups, I'm gonna buy all the copies at flea markets.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Stop trying that world champion path guys, my copy always bugs at the same spot and since then attempting the word title story is strictly VERBOTTEN.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That's why I bought a memory card and a gameshark for my N64. Backups of all my CAWs and the unlock codes so I don't have to try and get anything.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Stop trying that world champion path guys, my copy always bugs at the same spot and since then attempting the word title story is strictly VERBOTTEN.

I've had it bug out on Survivor before. Forgot to change difficulty so I backed out and instantly lost my data.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Team Extremely Mediocre just limped into the semis (where I'm about to get rocked by a legit good roster). I'm excited, though because it's another guaranteed upgrade and my first UR item.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

IcePhoenix posted:

At least Hogan/Savage is neutral. Edge and Christian causing a 5% stat loss is criminal.

But they don't. E&C are both lefts.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Senerio posted:

But they don't. E&C are both lefts.

I could swear Christian was a yellow arrow before, did they change it?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I feel like there isn't much information at all for WWE 2k15 and we are a week out from release on the older gen systems. Is this par for course on 2K games? I realize that the 360/ps3 versions of the games will be missing the MyCareer mode, but it really feels like we are almost completely in the dark about most of the game.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Havoc904 posted:

I feel like there isn't much information at all for WWE 2k15 and we are a week out from release on the older gen systems. Is this par for course on 2K games? I realize that the 360/ps3 versions of the games will be missing the MyCareer mode, but it really feels like we are almost completely in the dark about most of the game.

Dude, the XB360 and PS3 versions are just gonna be 2K14 with the 4 x'd out and a 5 written in with crayon. Don't expect it to wow you. :smith:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I feel like the legal issues surrounding the CM Punk thing might have interfered with their marketing and advertising efforts.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Toshimo posted:

Team Extremely Mediocre just limped into the semis (where I'm about to get rocked by a legit good roster). I'm excited, though because it's another guaranteed upgrade and my first UR item.

What? You already have URs and Epics. What did you mean to say?

Also I have noticed that you can once again now deselect the Stats card in the match-up if you choose so. And it's more obvious now when you've selected a Boost card in KOTR. (It now says READY in green underneath the card when activated.)

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Skunkrocker posted:

Dude, the XB360 and PS3 versions are just gonna be 2K14 with the 4 x'd out and a 5 written in with crayon. Don't expect it to wow you. :smith:

Oh I know. I mentioned in an early post I am only picking up the 360 version because I will be off work next week. I'm excited for the ps4 version in mid November. I just meant that usually there is alot more info out there on these games at this point in the development cycle. Outside of some "Making Of Videos", I haven't seen too much.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

incredible bear posted:

What? You already have URs and Epics. What did you mean to say?

UR item. aka UR Support card.

Update: Epic Rybak + UR Chair. Mildly disappointing, but I'll work with it.

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 21, 2014

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Oh right yeah. Yeah when you're at Epic, anything less than an Epic support card is disappointing.

In that I mean that was my first automatic Epic card. Which is also disappointing.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Uh no. I'm happy to have the chair since all I had before were SR supports. Ryback is the disappointing one. He doesn't pair with any of my current Epics or UR-Ps, so he'll probably ride the bench of KotR forever.

Edit: And I finally got home to look at the spreadsheet and Ryback is literally the worst possible Epic. :saddowns:

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 21, 2014

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I finished my first epic KOTR yesterday and came 10th :negative:

Currently plowing through a UR KOTR to try and get another UR pair to strengthen my lineup before trying the epic tier again.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I think they're saving any big marketing pushes for the XB1/PS4 version since that's the one they put the focus on.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

cyberia posted:

I finished my first epic KOTR yesterday and came 10th :negative:

Currently plowing through a UR KOTR to try and get another UR pair to strengthen my lineup before trying the epic tier again.

Since I've reached epic I've only not qualified for a single bracket and that was because I was busy during the weekend it fell on and went like, 5-40 or something absurd, but my UR drop was a Rock, giving me a duplicate, so it was even better.

I'm consistently rocking these without having to cheese them, I don't know what you guys are doing wrong here that you need to force down your levels.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Sockser posted:

Since I've reached epic I've only not qualified for a single bracket and that was because I was busy during the weekend it fell on and went like, 5-40 or something absurd, but my UR drop was a Rock, giving me a duplicate, so it was even better.

I'm consistently rocking these without having to cheese them, I don't know what you guys are doing wrong here that you need to force down your levels.

It's just better to consistently get pairs of URs than single epics until you can get pairs of epics.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sockser posted:

we're not trying to qualify, we're trying to win

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Daniel Bryan posted:

I think they're saving any big marketing pushes for the XB1/PS4 version since that's the one they put the focus on.
They might be if they're putting all their eggs in the MyCareer mode (and they might, because it IS a fun concept). Otherwise it would seem sort of self-defeating since they'd have a few weeks of word of mouth to work with / against

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Swagger Dagger posted:

It's just better to consistently get pairs of URs than single epics until you can get pairs of epics.

From a certain point of view, yes. However, some of us are more than happy to just replace all our SR-Pros with Epics that are slightly worse than UR-Pros and take half as much time to max and when we get the occasional second Epic to match, we'll be that much further ahead towards Legendaries.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I wish there was a chat feature in Supercard so I could tell my KotR finals opponents to relax, no need to waste energy or boosts, Imma just concede to them and give myself stronger positioning for my next Road to the Semifinals.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Sockser posted:

I'm not cheesing my lineup but I'm on the awkward cusp of UR and Epic where I've got one Epic card, two UR Pro's and a handful of non-pro UR's and when I'm up against people who have cheesed lineups with Epic Pro's and Legendaries it makes my team a lot less competitve. I was hoping to get another Epic card out of the KOTR but, like your experience, I couldn't switch out my lineup for a day because I got busy with stuff and so lost too many matches to ever be in contention.

Hopefully something is done to fix the cheesing problem because I enjoy using my strongest cards in a lineup and having fair matches that aren't just an auto-win but it's hard to do that and stay competitive with the other players.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jonny Angel posted:

I wish there was a chat feature in Supercard so I could tell my KotR finals opponents to relax, no need to waste energy or boosts, Imma just concede to them and give myself stronger positioning for my next Road to the Semifinals.

Why wouldn't you use your energy/boosts unless you were completely outclassed? They are stupidly common enough that in 2 days you should have them all refilled anyway.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So I cannot train in SC anymore- it crashes the app every time.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Maxwell Lord posted:

So I cannot train in SC anymore- it crashes the app every time.

THe last update seriously screwed something up. I get massive slowdowns now to the point of unplayablility.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toshimo posted:

Why wouldn't you use your energy/boosts unless you were completely outclassed? They are stupidly common enough that in 2 days you should have them all refilled anyway.

some of us don't have the time to play 500 games every two days

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Most times a crash bug will be fixed by deleting the whole app and redownloading.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Toshimo posted:

Energy, because I've just emptied my energy pool to win the semis. Boosts, because those are definitely not common enough that I can count on refilling fully by the next KotR.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

Most times a crash bug will be fixed by deleting the whole app and redownloading.

Will that get rid of my data?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Will that get rid of my data?

Not unless you specifically tell it to.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

to be more specific, data is saved to the account that you log in with (facebook, google, or itunes), not your phone/tablet/whatever.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Dickie keeping the fire alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPJJb3v11xw

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm trying to get into the finals of another UR KOTR to add to my duo of mid card superstars, so I'm still in that "would rather have a pair of URs than a free Epic" at the moment. I also probably need an upgrade on the Diva front from the pro SR ladder Paige, too. I'm close to hitting Epic++ in Exhibition, and I'm not sure if ditching my UR* would do that or not.

the dude in my KOTR who is number one has one loss, and his lineup is a Legendary Ryback, a Pro Epic Ryback, and he's got a pair of Virgils in the tag team spots. He's definitely coasting.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

harperdc posted:

the dude in my KOTR who is number one has one loss, and his lineup is a Legendary Ryback, a Pro Epic Ryback, and he's got a pair of Virgils in the tag team spots. He's definitely coasting.

If some of those details are slightly wrong, we're in the same KOTR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I have two UR Mark Henry's but I can't combine them. One's a bald one I got as a drop, and the other one has dreads and I got him in a KOTR.