Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

DookieSandwich posted:

Gyanko's Gunpla club is all class. Top shelf mobile suits, no riff raff gunplas here.

I am saddened by the lack of a Gyan Krieger model on that shelf, although I don't believe one has ever been released in the real world. Glad to see the Tallgeese II though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh wow, I missed the Gyan Vulcan and Gyan Gya Gyan are resting up on the top shelf when I saw this the first time :allears:. What are the red and blue pair on either side of the Gyan, out of curiosity?

They're slightly customized Galbaldy Alphas, with what appear to be Shot Lancers. I'd postulate those might've been previous tournament team trios, but the two Sazaki Gyans up there kinda contradict that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They're slightly customized Galbaldy Alphas, with what appear to be Shot Lancers. I'd postulate those might've been previous tournament team trios, but the two Sazaki Gyans up there kinda contradict that.

Gyanko had a reputation for using Gyans so that seems pretty likely actually. Fumina (who lost to her team before) was surprised when she wasn't using a Gyan this episode.

It'd also explain why it doesn't have a shield: It's on her new robot.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, but the top row has two Gyans Sazaki built. So either Susumu was a wingman and let someone else use one of her brother's precious Gyans or they aren't Tournament Trios.

[edit]

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 22, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah, but the top row has two Gyans Sazaki built. So either Susumu was a wingman and let someone else use one of her brother's precious Gyans or they aren't Tournament Trios.

Yeah, but it doesn't necessarily have to mean all of them are tournament teams. That could be a 'place of honor' or something. The one they focus on looks a lot more like a team though, including color-coded sidekick robots.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Also that's the thing. The girl's toy would not have been damaged at all. It was getting sucked out into space while damaged. That is drama only when the pilot is in danger.

Think of it as a high-velocity ring-out, and then imagine what flying across the room at speed is likely to do to a Gunpla.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
The best :allears: episode so far. Gyanko is the best, her being her brother's no. 1 fan is pure :3:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sunburnedcrow posted:

The best :allears: episode so far. Gyanko is the best, her being her brother's no. 1 fan is pure :3:

She didnt lie when she said that her brother had 100 times the charisma they had. But Sekai did compliment her shields and isnt that what a girl like her would like the most?

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

ImpAtom posted:

Also that's the thing. The girl's toy would not have been damaged at all. It was getting sucked out into space while damaged. That is drama only when the pilot is in danger.

I dunno about the R-Gyagya at no risk of damage. They were in Field 3: Forest, not Field 1: Space. We saw from episode 1 that falling out of the ring was entirely with a Plavsky display(?) of that size. Maybe the momentum from being sucked out of the colony could have tossed the R-Gyagya out of the ring and into the floor? :shrug:

I'm probably way overthinking what is ultimately a joke, and forgetting something obvious in my overanalysis, though. :shobon:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zwingley posted:

I'm probably way overthinking what is ultimately a joke, and forgetting something obvious in my overanalysis, though. :shobon:

Dont worry, I think a lot of us will end up arguing over jokes for the rest of the season because we all have crippling cases of :spergin:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Galaga Galaxian posted:

They're not Galbaldy Alphas, actually, they're the much-forgotten Gazu-L and Gazu-R, a matched pair of bodyguard mobile suits from ZZ. They'd actually be perfect wingman suits for a team shooting for an air of nobility. :haw:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh wow, I missed the Gyan Vulcan and Gyan Gya Gyan are resting up on the top shelf when I saw this the first time :allears:. What are the red and blue pair on either side of the Gyan, out of curiosity?

They're a Gazu R and a Gazu L, which are ZZ-generation Gyan-types.

edit: kept this tab open too long :(

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think the thing people are overlooking is that Sekai is a bro even to his opponents.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Azubah posted:

I think the thing people are overlooking is that Sekai is a bro even to his opponents.

Sportsmanship above all else.

I have a feeling we'll see Sekai get jumped due to wanting to 1v1 more than once.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Looking back, Yuuma is in the post-credits stinger of episode 3 of Gundam Build Fighters, but he has brown hair.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

W.T. Fits posted:

So here's the timeline as near as I can figure:
20X6
Ral turns 35
13th World Championship
6 Years Later epilogue segment from the Build Fighters Blu-Ray takes place
Yuuma enters middle school
Yuuma breaks his promise to Fumina, joins Plamo Club instead

Left out the part where Stinkoman 20X6 premieres.

Edit: insert remark about Gyanness of the St. Odessa china cabinet, this is what happens when you don't wait to read all the latest posts before replying, kids at home

I guess the Gyan Vulcan didn't move enough units of HGUC Gyans and they want it to be a kitbasher injoke.

it's working :-(

MJP fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 22, 2014

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I'm a little disappointed we don't either get translations of all of Sekai's move names, or a big Fist of the North Star style splash background when he lands one for a finishing move.

Chewbacca
Jan 30, 2003

Thugged out since cub scouts
That was a fun one, this shows shaping up nicely. Here is the next piece of plastic that we will all want to own: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/09/hgbf-1144-r-gyagya-announced.html

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Gundam Build Fighters Try - The Cute Boys Are Flirting

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Chewbacca posted:

That was a fun one, this shows shaping up nicely. Here is the next piece of plastic that we will all want to own: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/09/hgbf-1144-r-gyagya-announced.html
First the Cargidan, now the R-GyaGya; bring on all of the sub-arms and support arms. :swoon:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope Gyanko is in every episode from now on. I hope she gets her own spin-off show. Also featuring Ramba Ral (35).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

FortMax posted:

They already mentioned that one of the gyanko's sidekicks is a fuyoshi.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I could watch all these guys be goofballs at each other all day.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zedd posted:

First the Cargidan, now the R-GyaGya; bring on all of the sub-arms and support arms. :swoon:

Put them together.

R-GyaGya Asura

Zwingley posted:

I dunno about the R-Gyagya at no risk of damage. They were in Field 3: Forest, not Field 1: Space. We saw from episode 1 that falling out of the ring was entirely with a Plavsky display(?) of that size. Maybe the momentum from being sucked out of the colony could have tossed the R-Gyagya out of the ring and into the floor? :shrug:

Also have you ever played a video game and got stuck on a cliff and we're being pulled/pushed off? It's a very hectic feeling and you can easily get too into the fight.

loving Pyro's in TF2 man.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Quote is not edit

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also have you ever played a video game and got stuck on a cliff and we're being pulled/pushed off? It's a very hectic feeling and you can easily get too into the fight.

loving Pyro's in TF2 man.

Might also result in her possibly salvageable Gunpla being thrown out of the ring under a fair bit of inertia.

Edit: Since her suit seems to have gimmicks we've not seen yet, and her team seems to be fairly competitive, I think we'll see her again come the big tourney.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That episode was fun as hell from start to finish. 10/10

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Incidentally I will laugh so hard if that photoshoot was the extent of Mirai's involvement with the Bearguy F. The thing gets a model associated with it so it can sell both in real life and in the anime. :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I dunno. She seems to have a sly side to her, she might decide to secretly investigate this game her lil'bro is playing.

There is definitely more to Mirai than the surface suggests. I can't wait ti find out what it is, and especially see how Yuuma reacts.

Yuuma was such a goof this episode.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Incidentally I will laugh so hard if that photoshoot was the extent of Mirai's involvement with the Bearguy F. The thing gets a model associated with it so it can sell both in real life and in the anime. :v:

That was a regular Bearguy III, not the Bearguy F. Yuuma builds the Bearguy F for her.

It's a little weird that China's custom Gunpla is apparently a regular thing now but I guess she understands the power of marketing. I hope she's getting paid for it.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

FortMax posted:

Is it just me or did the purple haired girl sound a lot like Chara Soon from ZZ?

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
I can guarantee you it wasn't her, because her voice actress wasn't even born when ZZ Gundam started airing. :v:

Edit: Also, I don't know what you guys are so excited about, I thought this episode was lame. Because I was rooting for Team Vase. :argh:

John Carstairs fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 22, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm actually really hoping that when they come back, they'll be the exhaustingly-in-love-and-also-completely overdramatic couple. It'll be great. :allears:

If I may?

loving CALLED IT.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

BlitzBlast posted:

I keep expecting a Not-Setsuna character to waggle behind Mirai with how much he babbled about that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Also, it was already established that a Gunpla falling out of the ring can damage it. In the first goddamn episode. Remember the diving catch to save the Build Burning?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Sekai did his morning jog and punching routine with the Build Burning jostling around in his shirt. It's a coin toss whether he cares about Gunpla maintenance or not.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

Also, it was already established that a Gunpla falling out of the ring can damage it. In the first goddamn episode. Remember the diving catch to save the Build Burning?

Yeah, but it was falling out of the 'bottom' of the ring. Unless it was going to go through the table it doesn't seem like it was going to be ejected out of the side. (What actually would have happened is a pretty good question but it seems like it'd just have landed on the table or something!)

It seems like ground + sky in the arenas are kinda things you have to take for granted and won't ever really make too much logical sense even by wacky Gunpla standards.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 22, 2014

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Chewbacca posted:

They couldn't do the shields in undergated fake gold plate a la the HGUC Hyaku Shiki?

Oh darn, time to buy some Alclad gold...

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
As someone who used to duck in his chair to avoid video game rockets, the characters getting a little too caught up in the moment during a match doesn't bother me in the slightest. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think the bigger thing to take from it is that more organic field changes than someone pushing a button to cause a sudden shift can now be a thing, since if it was suggested earlier in the episode that the forest stage was actually inside a colony, I sure missed it.

It also just establishes that Sekai is a nice and respectable guy. It also thankfully looks like Gyanko is not going to have a weird thing about her brother.

• Locked thread