Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Does anyone remember the name of the tweak that let your music/streaming app play in the background when you are playing a game (or something else that overrides music/streaming apps). For example, I want to be able to listen to TuneIn Radio while playing SSG2 but SSG2 will stop the stream and the game audio takes over.

BackgroundManager should sort that issue for you, as should Flex 2 Beta as long as someone has created a patch for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

NOTinuyasha posted:

Unlimited until you hit 5GB, then you're throttled to 512Kbps (my testing, others have different numbers). And they have some magic way of detecting tethering that beats both MyWi and PdaNet.

Still great if you're gonna guzzle tons of data streaming music and letting apps run wild like I do, speed be damned.

I picked up TetherMe after I had to spend a few nights in a hotel for work, they had WiFi but the speed was terrible so used TetherMe so I could stream movies on my tablet. Think the only other time I've used it was when I first moved into my new place and didn't have Internet for a few days, actually Bluetooth-tethered my desktop to my phone for the LTE speed, didn't get the text from AT&T, but I understand one person will get away with it for months and another will get it the first time they do it.

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Same here, and I've gotten some ridiculous speeds on LTE in Chicago.

I've never been throttled though, at least not that I could tell.

I've been throttled twice, once when I played way too many games and the first week Amazon Prime music was released. You notice it when it happens.

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
I had FBNoNeedMessenger installed. Working fine until the latest facebook update. Facebook crashes when I try to open it. I've removed FBNoNeedMessenger but facebook still crashes. Is there any way to delete any remaining files manually? Or am I stuck until the developer releases an update?

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
If anyone else has the SnapchatLog tweak installed, I'm 98% sure it has been responsible for spamming my contacts with ads. Got a couple texts last week from people telling me they just got spam from my Snapchat. Logged in, changed my password, thought I was good, but the next day some more friends got spammed. Snapchat Log was my most recently updated tweak, so I uninstalled it and the spam seems to have stopped.

The spam shows up in your outgoing snaps so you can check to see if you're sending anything.
Pretty lovely situation, I liked that tweak :(

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I had an iPhone 5, it was jailbroken on 7.1.2. It has the power button issue, so I need to get it repaired. I waited, though, until I got my iPhone 6. Now I don't need it, and can send it away for repair before I sell it.

But I hosed up, and updated my iPhone 5 to the latest iOS 8, thinking I had my 6 plugged in.

What is the process to downgrade the iPhone? It has something to do with the SHSH? How is that backed up? Is it only done manually? I thought Cydia did it automatically, but if it did, where would it be? Or maybe a third-party program I have used, like iFunbox or something?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Cydia will have your SHSH info for any version where that will help, but those quit being useful well before 7 I think. You're probably boned.

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong
Yeah, it's not possible to downgrade except on the iPhone 4 and older. You're stuck.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cawd Rud posted:

Yeah, it's not possible to downgrade except on the iPhone 4 and older. You're stuck.

How do you downgrade an iPhone 4?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Reason posted:

How do you downgrade an iPhone 4?

TinyUmbrella and saved blobs. You have saved blobs, right?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
After getting the sleep button repaired on my 5, I found that I had over 20 dead pixels on the screen. I brought it back to the store, and they swapped me out with a different phone... running 7.1.2.

But now Pengu has been set at "Loading resources, please wait" for like five minutes.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Revol posted:

After getting the sleep button repaired on my 5, I found that I had over 20 dead pixels on the screen. I brought it back to the store, and they swapped me out with a different phone... running 7.1.2.

But now Pengu has been set at "Loading resources, please wait" for like five minutes.

Turn off wifi on your phone and computer?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

eddiewalker posted:

Turn off wifi on your phone and computer?

I had to shut down Pengu and iTunes, relaunch iTunes, and then relaunch Pengu.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
I have an iPhone 5 on 7.1.2 (jailbroken). I am eligible for a carrier unlock (AT&T) now, if I unlock it will I have to give up my Jailbreak? I did this on my last one (iPhone 4) but I really do not remember if I had to give up the Jailbreak for this.

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong
I believe people have successfully used either SemiRestore or iLEX RAT instead of a full restore to keep their jailbreak during the unlock process.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Mr Hands Colon posted:

I have an iPhone 5 on 7.1.2 (jailbroken). I am eligible for a carrier unlock (AT&T) now, if I unlock it will I have to give up my Jailbreak? I did this on my last one (iPhone 4) but I really do not remember if I had to give up the Jailbreak for this.

I think you have to restore to complete the unlock process. That said, I vaguely remember getting the 'successfully unlocked' message when I used iLEX RAT to do a semi-restore on my jailbroken 4S a while ago, so maybe try that first?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
In SAM I deactivated then reactivated my phone and the unlock "took effect" after that. I didn't have to mess with any settings and the next time I tried a SIM from another carrier it worked. This was on a iPhone 5, IOS 6.1.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Anyone having issues with app store updates recently? When I hit "update" in the updates tab it just opens the app. Have to search for the app individually and update that way. "Update all" still works but I have a few apps I'm holding back due to poo poo-tastic updates.

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
China may have jailbreaked 8.1

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

So, pangu iOS 8 jailbreak out I guess?

Doesn't install cydia and is basically a developer only thing. But, still...

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

http://www.jailbreakmatrix.com/tools/pango-ios-8-1-jailbreak-is-out-cydia-not-included

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Man, I've jailbroken at just about every stage in the game thus far. But at this point I cant think of anything left thats particularly worth jailbreaking for anymore. Maybe I'm missing something, but almost all my reasons are gone now :(

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

England Sucks posted:

China may have jailbreaked 8.1

And it took about 14 seconds before i0n1c was crying about it on twitter.

Walked posted:

Man, I've jailbroken at just about every stage in the game thus far. But at this point I cant think of anything left thats particularly worth jailbreaking for anymore. Maybe I'm missing something, but almost all my reasons are gone now :(

I only do it for the tethering, which is disabled on my ATT unlimited data plan. I even stopped using 5-icon dock since it fucks with your folder settings next time you update.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I only do it for the tethering, which is disabled on my ATT unlimited data plan. I even stopped using 5-icon dock since it fucks with your folder settings next time you update.

Yeah; tethering isnt an issue here. 5-icon dock is about the only thing that interests me anymore and that's not worth the trouble of jailbreaking :(

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.
Yeah, I'm pretty much just doing it at this point because... principles? My phone wants to be freeeee!

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Is this only devices pre-i6 or? It doesn't seem very functional at this point. I'll wait for Saurik et al to step in and polish things up.

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!
I like using Activator to disable turning off my phone from the lockscreen so if someone steals it I have until the battery dies to locate it or whatever.

And using both volume buttons to play/pause audio playback through my pocket.

That's about it. I liked FakeClockUp but since I got my 5S it doesn't make as much of a difference anymore.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

F.lux is what is going to keep me fighting tooth and nail to jailbreak.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Javid posted:

Anyone having issues with app store updates recently? When I hit "update" in the updates tab it just opens the app. Have to search for the app individually and update that way. "Update all" still works but I have a few apps I'm holding back due to poo poo-tastic updates.

Yeah it seems most people, jailbroken or not, can't update apps right if they are on ios 7.0.x

You can still search for the app in the store and hit update, but it's annoying.

My update all button is greyed out too so your ahead of most.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/10/22/saurik-releases-updated-version-of-cydia-for-ios-8-to-be-installed-manually/

Saurik released a Cydia you can install manually on iOS 8

Thank you China

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Walked posted:

Yeah; tethering isnt an issue here. 5-icon dock is about the only thing that interests me anymore and that's not worth the trouble of jailbreaking :(

What trouble?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Is... most poo poo still not gonna work though?
LIke, not yet updated to work with ios8?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Feenix posted:

Is... most poo poo still not gonna work though?
LIke, not yet updated to work with ios8?

I wouldn't expect much of anything to work smoothly for a while.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

spongeworthy posted:

I wouldn't expect much of anything to work smoothly for a while.

YEah I'm just gonna sit back and watch. That said, this is like, wicked fast, so something legit and consumer-ready should hit fairly soon, I'd gather.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So glad pangu is on the ball w/ this. I remember and don't miss the days of the iphone dev team and the never ending drama that plagued western release groups

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Man that dude has got some serious butthurt. Is this how the JB "community" is now?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

UndyingShadow posted:

Man that dude has got some serious butthurt. Is this how the JB "community" is now?

This is every hacking community. Remember when the PSP hacking scene was big?

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
I have basically no reason to jailbreak my phone, but I really want to use iPhone 6S assets on my iPad with these iPhone-only apps.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Dewgy posted:

This is every hacking community. Remember when the PSP hacking scene was big?

Where the gently caress is the 1.5 downgrade?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Guys guys guys guys I don't have a reason to jailbreak but let me post in the jailbreaking thread and tell you allllllllllll about how I don't have a reason to jailbreak!

Keyboard mods work in jailbreak land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Yeah there's no real reason to JB just yet unless you want to mess around as a dev. Now that Cydia is updated, Pangu will likely release a more consumer-friendly JB really soon. This is surprisingly fast!

• Locked thread