Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Skandranon posted:

Sample skills "Flaming Golf Cart" "Hot Cocoa" and "Keep it down, honey"

Action skill digistructs a golf cart and sets fire to it. Enemies run over and attack it providing a distraction for the duration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
I'd be down for killing Lilith, but i actually like Scooter, Brick and Mordecai. Just do a blizzard and have Lilith get corrupted by eridium.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

BombiTheZombie posted:

I'd be down for killing Lilith, but i actually like Scooter, Brick and Mordecai. Just do a blizzard and have Lilith get corrupted by eridium.

Maybe that Vault symbol thing that exploded when she punched it released rear end in a top hat Radiation and Jack got most of it but Lilith got some too.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

BombiTheZombie posted:

Yeah, I don't really have anything against Scooter, Brick and Mordecai.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me
The henchmen don't have to die, but maybe you fight them for a bit and then convert them by showing them that Lilith is a monster. Maybe it starts with Mordecai blowing the whistle, but Brick needs some 'convincing', etc. A good plot can be written around these ideas, though that Birch guy will probably ruin it with fart jokes.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

You can't ruin anything much short of a funeral with fart jokes.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
BL3 needs some Tiny Tina as a playable character. I would love running around has her blowing stuff up. Also Torgue would be acceptable.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mr E posted:

Yeah, I don't really have anything against Scooter, Brick and Mordecai.

Brick & Mordy 100 years

Also if Krieg does not somehow end up as a quest giver in a future game I will be upset.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

If they bring the grinder back or have some other "gear upgrade" system I want Gaige to handle it.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
Screw that, I want Gaige to be a PC again, her Anarchy tree needs more development. She was my favorite character from BL2. If they gave her a better Melee tree (top tier Anarchy ability was crap, took too long to actually execute an attack), she would be OFF THE CHAIN!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

lazerwolf posted:

BL3 needs some Tiny Tina as a playable character. I would love running around has her blowing stuff up. Also Torgue would be acceptable.

I want Mr. Torgue to adopt Tiny Tina. Tiny Tina Torgue Flexington, official Apprentice Most Electrifying Personality In Entertainment Combat and also Vault Hunter (r).

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

I want Mr. Torgue to adopt Tiny Tina. Tiny Tina Torgue Flexington, official Apprentice Most Electrifying Personality In Entertainment Combat and also Vault Hunter (r).

"There is nothing more BADASS than lovingly raising a little girl to be a strong, independent woman! MEOOWW!!"

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Skandranon posted:

Screw that, I want Gaige to be a PC again, her Anarchy tree needs more development. She was my favorite character from BL2. If they gave her a better Melee tree (top tier Anarchy ability was crap, took too long to actually execute an attack), she would be OFF THE CHAIN!

I just started playing BL2 again as an anarchy specced Gaige and it's the greatest. Torgue assault rifles and to a lesser extent shotguns are usually pretty worthless in my experience, but with high anarchy stacks they do an incredible amount of damage with just splash, so I mainly jump over enemies and poo poo rockets in the general direction of their feet like I'm playing Quake 3. Shame it isn't in pre-sequel moon gravity.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!

Skandranon posted:

"There is nothing more BADASS than lovingly raising a little girl to be a strong, independent woman! MEOOWW!!"

I just threw my credit card at my monitor- get on my computer now! Take Your Daughter to Work Day, Explosion Edition.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice

Skandranon posted:

Mr. Torgue has now joined Morgan Freeman in my mind as one of the two people (or characters) whose voices are projected into my head when reading text that comes from them (or theoretically could come from them).

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

MooCowlian posted:

Has there been any mention at all of the BL2 crew in TPS? I haven't noticed, but I'm probably not paying full attention.

They haven't come to Pandora yet, so why would they be in TPS?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Eschatos posted:

They haven't come to Pandora yet, so why would they be in TPS?

Because the story is being told from the perspective of a post BL2 interrogation with multiple BL2 characters making an appearance? No one is saying they should be running around on Elpis but it is somewhat strange they are entirely missing in this title.

Also, I don't disagree with a lot that's being said about the morality of the various characters, but does no one see the airlock scene in Jack's office as somewhat of a justification for the laser room scene?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Skandranon posted:

The first crew never really have been that interested in saving the world, only themselves.

I didn't mean to imply otherwise. It's weird, because Lilith was my main in Borderlands, and where they took her is rather different than the silent gloomy ghost warrior I ended up playing.

Mind, to me it's not clear why she lets Jack live anyway. Presumably she'd have to fight Jack's Vault Hunters, but it's not clear why - if Jack is so dangerous - she just facepunches him and considers her work done. Granted, I think Moxie & Co.'s assessment is right - Jack's always been a dangerous psychopath, despite all his self-justifications. They're just lovely in how they handle him.

Mr E posted:

I just want BL3 to have Lilith as the villian and Brick and Mordecai along with Athena and the BL2 characters teaming up with whichever new guys they add, with everyone having an equal part in the story.

My dream Borderlands 3 would be to smash all the Vault Hunters they could fit in it, even the dead ones because gently caress story and screw balance, they've always been a bit lousy at both anyway. Now add Tina with Tank, jet packs, and a car that includes a grinder and bank... and a magic fairy that converts all my whites and greens into moonstones and cash.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

My dream Borderlands 3 would be to smash all the Vault Hunters they could fit in it, even the dead ones because gently caress story and screw balance, they've always been a bit lousy at both anyway. Now add Tina with Tank, jet packs, and a car that includes a grinder and bank... and a magic fairy that converts all my whites and greens into moonstones and cash.

Scooter used digistruct technology to create a seventh siren, breaking space and time. Boom, done.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

If there are supposed to be six sirens, doesn't that leave three unaccounted for anyway? No need to digistruct more yet.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Well as for the sirens, Lilith is one, Maya is one, Angel is one, and I'm making a totally baseless guess that Zarpedon was one as well. So that means there's two, maybe three more out there somewhere?

Non-double posting edit:

Jibo posted:

RE: Vengeance cannon generating ammo. This absolutely was not the case for me and I ran out of ammo despite buying all ammo storage upgrades so many times during the home stretch of this game it's ridiculous.

Okay this is from a zillion pages ago, but I wonder why that is. Either my character is glitched (which wouldn't surprise me, this game is full of little quirks like that) or something in my skills and/or gear was doing it.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 22, 2014

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Megazver posted:

I feel bad that Roland got murdered because if everyone can just respawn why did Roland stay dead andifJackcanselectivelymakethemstaydeadthenwhyiseveryoneelsealive DAMMIT BURCH DAMMIT YOU HAD ONE loving JOB

Ahem.

The funny thing about this is they could have easily set it up within the game world.

Hyperion owns all the new U's, when you're about to go fight angel have Jack go on some crazy rant about how he's done playing games and he deletes the profiles of all the vault hunters, then angel chimes in and says she only managed to save the profiles of the new hunters and voila, the old hunters are now "mortal" and you can keep dying and respawning like normal. Thus when Roland gets shot it has more impact.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Skandranon posted:

That capstone skill was my favorite of the three, that with full-shields on kill and a shotgun to keep you at close range made her an incredibly high-risk high-reward character in a way the game hasn't been able to replicate. Kill a dude to get full shields, melee a dude to get instant 70+% health and then kill that dude for more shields and move on. Anarchy was literally the best thing these games have ever done.

e: It might be that that playstyle doesn't work with a controller but the melee heal worked great with a mouse & keyboard.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

New-Us should never be acknowledged in-universe and never even be remotely close to being considered canon. There's no way you can integrate them in the story in a good way that doesn't break everything and every theory about how they could be explained always seems really bad and contrived. :colbert:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I've never used the save editor before: Does it let you mark side missions as new if you've done them already? Basically I missed my chance to get a Moxxi's Probe and now I want to go back and grab it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The Rokstar posted:

I've never used the save editor before: Does it let you mark side missions as new if you've done them already? Basically I missed my chance to get a Moxxi's Probe and now I want to go back and grab it.

You could just straight up give yourself one. Even make yourself a real good one if you want instead of the constantly changing mission one.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

dis astranagant posted:

You could just straight up give yourself one.

Oh yeah, I could, couldn't I. :v:

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
What's so great about Moxie's Probe anyway? Sure, it bounces targets, but I'm not all that impressed with any of the "Link Gun" type weapons. The reason the Link Gun was so great in Unreal Tournament was the 100% accuracy with no recoil.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

It's part of a broken rear end combo.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Solartide posted:

What's so great about Moxie's Probe anyway? Sure, it bounces targets, but I'm not all that impressed with any of the "Link Gun" type weapons. The reason the Link Gun was so great in Unreal Tournament was the 100% accuracy with no recoil.

You don't use it for shooting. You use it because having it out causes all damage you deal to heal you by over half the damage dealt. Use it with grenades and melee.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Reiley posted:

That capstone skill was my favorite of the three, that with full-shields on kill and a shotgun to keep you at close range made her an incredibly high-risk high-reward character in a way the game hasn't been able to replicate. Kill a dude to get full shields, melee a dude to get instant 70+% health and then kill that dude for more shields and move on. Anarchy was literally the best thing these games have ever done.

e: It might be that that playstyle doesn't work with a controller but the melee heal worked great with a mouse & keyboard.

It's probably better suited for a controller since gaige doesn't have to worry as much about tracking her targets precisely. Then again you can't flick as fast with a controller.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

You don't use it for shooting. You use it because having it out causes all damage you deal to heal you by over half the damage dealt. Use it with grenades and melee.

You'd think they'd have learned their lesson from the Grog Nozzle, but noooooooo.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Well, I don't think anyone was supposed to notice and you were just supposed to turn the quest in and forget about it. The gun itself doesn't scale up worth a half a drat, doing a couple hundred damage at level 50.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

The Rokstar posted:

Well as for the sirens, Lilith is one, Maya is one, Angel is one, and I'm making a totally baseless guess that Zarpedon was one as well. So that means there's two, maybe three more out there somewhere?

Pretty sure Zarpedon was just heavily warped by the Eridian vault - similar to all the lost legion Ascended dudes you meet in the last area. She had the same visual eye effect that Jack does while using the Eridian throne just before being facepunched.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Well, I don't think anyone was supposed to notice and you were just supposed to turn the quest in and forget about it. The gun itself doesn't scale up worth a half a drat, doing a couple hundred damage at level 50.

See you're describing the Grog Nozzle exactly. Except for the "slag" part.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Skandranon posted:

I'm not so sure I buy that anymore. Just playing BL2, yeah, they are the good guys. But knowing now what they kept secret from the BL2 crew makes everything else they said throughout the entire game dubious at best. Were they 'selflessly protecting people from Hyperion' or 'gathering what troops they could around them to save their own hides'? I don't know, and I'm not giving them the benefit of doubt any more.

Isn't it pretty much outright said that Roland actually does/did care about the people of Pandora, and did his best to protect them, Brick/Mordecai do not give any shits and are just following his lead because they are his friends, and Lilith just wants to protect herself because she's public enemy #1.

I mean hell, he got fired for not being a sociopath, and Lilith broke up with him because he put defending the people of Pandora above her. He seems like a generally alright guy in a really lovely situation.

I haven't played Presequel yet, so he might do something really dumb, but BL2 also presented the idea that he's kind of submissive personality wise, and Lilith takes over his voice whenever she wants to, so it's not exactly difficult to assume that he's just following along with what she is because he doesn't want to make her angry. Hell, even in BL2 it was pretty obvious she wasn't exactly an angel of a character and Mordecai/Brick split to get away from her.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 23, 2014

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rookersh posted:

Mordecai/Brick split to get away from her.

Brick was kicked out of the group for torturing someone who sold them out. Which seems really weird coming from the person gleeful about liquifying random bandits. Lilith kind of sucks, geez.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lilith is just an annoying character. They tried too hard to make the cliche badass "I don't care about nothin" character without realizing that nobody actually likes that kind of character.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

What's a good fun build for claptrap? I'm mostly specced into boomtrap atm, but I am having some trouble not dying on TVHM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Lilith is just an annoying character. They tried too hard to make the cliche badass "I don't care about nothin" character without realizing that nobody actually likes that kind of character.
I like that character fine, if it's done deliberately and it's there for the other more agreeable characters to play off. With Lilith it seems pretty clumsy. Her rear end in a top hat bit at the end of TPS seemed to come out of nowhere.

• Locked thread