Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoconoHermit
Oct 25, 2005

Fire in the hole, Internet!

Wafflz posted:

This poor dude is going to die before this is all over. I put the over/under on bullets in his corpse at 27.

That story outraged a lot of people and sparked a wave of people offering him daily rides. I think there might be a donation pool to buy him a car too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I hope so because all jokes aside he has a deathwish if he keeps walking that route.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

PoconoHermit posted:

That story outraged a lot of people and sparked a wave of people offering him daily rides. I think there might be a donation pool to buy him a car too.

Good, it's not his fault all this poo poo happened.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

VendaGoat posted:

Good, it's not his fault all this poo poo happened.

Frein has you all fooled. This was his motive all along.

Stay safe diaper saint.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Stay safe diaper sniper.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
dear santa,

what i want for christmas this year isnt something you can put in a box or a stocking.... this year all i want is sweet cop death

love,
grrrlsweatshirt

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Well the diapers are to throw the trackers off. But he would have to be pretty much out of them by them now. How many diapers could he possibly be carrying?

So I think he probably has supply caches hidden throughout the forest filled with diapers and canned food + ammo. Possibly even a network of tunnels.

I would bet Frein was waiting to shoot a cop until he had all of the preparations necessary to evade capture indefinitely.

He's probably napping in a little Hobbit bed right now actually, since it's cold.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
in order to catch him they're going to have to pull a michonne and send out a dude with a katana towing two old people in Depends and chains to mask his scent

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Baba Ganoush posted:

Well the diapers are to throw the trackers off. But he would have to be pretty much out of them by them now. How many diapers could he possibly be carrying?

So I think he probably has supply caches hidden throughout the forest filled with diapers and canned food + ammo. Possibly even a network of tunnels.

I would bet Frein was waiting to shoot a cop until he had all of the preparations necessary to evade capture indefinitely.

He's probably napping in a little Hobbit bed right now actually, since it's cold.

Agreed. Its the most likely explainatio. In fact i would think we're going to start hearing about cop on cop shootings and mental breakdowns as frein begins the blairwitch phase. Honestly those cops should just kill themselves now. That goes for all cops really.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

checking this thread is always very difficult cuz even though its funny as hell i dread the day i see the diapa snipa has been captured

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

pentyne posted:

A surprising number of detectives freely admit they try to convince the suspects to not demand a lawyer because once a lawyer gets involved they can't get people to talk as easily/falsely confess/incriminate themselves.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/eric-frein-lookalike-stopped-cops-20-times-manhunt/story?id=26353799

Looks like the James Tully story got picked up by Good Morning America. Maybe now he'll start being treated like a human being rather then a rabid dog that every rear end in a top hat cop is desperate to shoot on sight. At this point it would be more practical for the police to just drive him back and forth from his home to his job and save themselves dozens of hours lost stopping him and interrogating him.

You know, this massive manhunt makes me think that Frein hosed out to another state and is just living off the grid, occasionally calling in from burner phones/having friends report that they saw him in the area making the police freak out and rampage all over the town looking for him.

yea i think a huge number of people get put in that interview room and think they can explain away the whole situation but any words other than "i want a lawyer", even if youre 100% innocent, just doom you even more. and if theyre not actually arresting you, tell em to gently caress off. if they put handcuffs on you, poo poo is serious and you're not getting out of this one on your own.

lol that abc article conveniently leaves out the part about the one trooper threatening to kill him and causing injuries that required a hospital trip and just says he was "ambushed"

quote:

"The driver jumped out screaming like a lunatic,” Tully said. He was dressed in camouflage and a tactical vest and had a rifle held high, pointing at Tully.

He did not see a badge or words on clothing. The man did not identify himself.

“The only I.D. I saw was the barrel of the gun,” Tully said.

“He yelled at me to get down on the ground with my arms out wide and he demanded my name.”

Tully says he complied immediately and that the man drove his knee into Tully’s back and continued to ask his name.

Tully told him his name over and over and explained that his identification was on the lanyard on his neck but that he was laying on it.

The law enforcement officer removed the bandana from Tully’s head and then grabbed the lanyard and yanked it off his neck.

“Good thing it had a break away clasp or he would have choked me.”

He continued to badger Tully.

“I will break you right here. What is your name?” the man asked, while still driving a knee into his back, Tully said.

Tully did not know where the gun was but he was afraid the man would shoot him.

“From the minute I saw him with that gun I thought, let me survive this.”

This went on for what seemed like 15 minutes or more when a state trooper who recognized Tully from previous questioning arrived and told the other officer that Tully was telling the truth about his name.

The trooper held out a hand and helped Tully stand up and helped him gather the items he had been carrying, which were scattered on the ground.

OH THE TROOPER HELD OUT A HAND, HE IS TRULY ONE OF AMERICAS HEROES

surprised he didnt yell "psych!" and punch the guy in the face

THIS IS WHY EVERYONE HATES YOU, POLICE.

here's the guys gofundme: http://www.gofundme.com/g43pg8

haljordan fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 22, 2014

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Forget it guys, he's gone.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

what i wouldnt give to see them try and use the rook and have it immediately sink into a swamp or fall off a cliff or something. preferably with 4 or 5 cops in it.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
i fantasize about 20-30 cops hanging onto the rook and it falls into an abandoned mineshaft in the woods and they get trapped down there and resort to cannibalism and ritual sacrifice

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Oberleutnant posted:

i fantasize about 20-30 cops hanging onto the rook and it falls into an abandoned mineshaft in the woods and they get trapped down there and resort to cannibalism and ritual sacrifice

either that or they're set upon by a murderous gang of radiated mutant miners who've been trapped down there for decades. oh and the miners are also cannibals.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
a society of long-lost fetishists that have left no traces of their existence except a few soiled diapers

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

John Denver Hoxha posted:

a society of long-lost fetishists that have left no traces of their existence except a few soiled diapers

basically like the mutants who worshiped the atomic bomb in "beneath the planet of the apes" but with poopy diapers instead

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

haljordan posted:

either that or they're set upon by a murderous gang of radiated mutant miners who've been trapped down there for decades. oh and the miners are also cannibals.

ah yes teh famed NEPA CHUDs

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
and boy, they are pissed that somebody's been stealing their shrines to defile them with their scientific testing

the police thought that frein was the threat... they thought wrong

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Can't un-diape the snipe.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

haljordan posted:

yea i think a huge number of people get put in that interview room and think they can explain away the whole situation but any words other than "i want a lawyer", even if youre 100% innocent, just doom you even more. and if theyre not actually arresting you, tell em to gently caress off. if they put handcuffs on you, poo poo is serious and you're not getting out of this one on your own.

As the result of a bait-and-switch I had a summer job a while back that involved checking some fucker's citation page numbers in a giant law library, and a textbook on police interrogation was shelved right next to a book I needed so I grabbed it and read it. It was divided into two parts. The first was a very brief overview (1/4 of the pages tops, probably less) of good cop/bad cop but it also said that because of movies this never works except MAYBE on adolescents who don't know the score and are really just afraid of getting in trouble with their parents.

The second section was the real poo poo which boiled down to that cops should of course inform suspects of their rights (don't want anyone to get off on a technicality) but after that just keep people talking with leading questions and act understanding like they were just doing what anyone would do in that situation. Apparently people will almost always eventually just say "why yes I did commit that murder I'm in here to answer questions about" at which point you end it because you have what you need to send them to prison.

The entire time the author made sure to repeatedly emphasize that as soon as an interrogatee asks for a lawyer the interrogation is done, as in there are no more questions or words or anything and it is time to pack it up and leave until they get their lawyer. I doubt things are that cut and dry in practice since reality is not a textbook in any field let alone law enforcement but it certainly left an impression on me that if I ever wind up in a police interrogation room the best strategy is to repeatedly ask for a lawyer and basically say nothing else at all.

wow that was long

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014

babypolis posted:

checking this thread is always very difficult cuz even though its funny as hell i dread the day i see the diapa snipa has been captured

same especially when there's like 20 new posts in an hour and im like please dont get him please dont get him oh thank god just poo poo posts

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Speech is silver; Silence is golden

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Speech is silver; Silence is golden

I prefer "silence is a true friend who never betrays." I have that tattooed on the insides of my eyelids in case I ever decide to become not-boring enough to commit a big crime.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

proof of concept posted:

I prefer "silence is a true friend who never betrays." I have that tattooed on the insides of my eyelids in case I ever decide to become not-boring enough to commit a big crime.

Out of sheer curiosity, what's a "Big-crime"?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

See? Frein is a hero.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I also think that the cops shouldn't get paid if they don't find him.

You would never see a manhunt like this for a normal civilian's killer.

The guy could have killed a bus full of kids and the cops would have given up weeks ago.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
i close my eyes, only for a moment
and then frein is gone

all the diapys pass before my eyes, a curiosity

cops in the wind, all we are is cops in the wind

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
If the cops accidentally shoot an innocent they'll probably add another murder charge on Frein`

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

babypolis posted:

Same but respects must be payed. The covenant must be kept.

Stay safe diaper sniper.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

origami posted:

If the cops accidentally shoot an innocent they'll probably deffinately 100% add another murder charge on Frein`

Unarmed suspect charged with shooting bystanders.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

I dunno. Anything that lands me in a room downtown where people can peer at me through a one-way mirror. Regicide? Let's say I do a regicide, that would spice things up in my life for sure.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

proof of concept posted:

I dunno. Anything that lands me in a room downtown where people can peer at me through a one-way mirror. Regicide? Let's say I do a regicide, that would spice things up in my life for sure.

a regal aide is enlisted to dispose of a regal guard who knows too much. now the regal aide knows too much, and the royal elections are coming up!

grope proof vest
Jan 11, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

i close my eyes, only for a moment
and then frein is gone

all the diapys pass before my eyes, a curiosity

cops in the wind, all we are is cops in the wind

tears in the frein

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Give this guy the Rook. He'll make better use of it than the fuckin' Keystone State Kops will.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

redstormpopcorn posted:

Give this guy the Rook. He'll make better use of it than the fuckin' Keystone State Kops will.

and it would protect him from inevitable cop bullets, a win-win all around

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
all the new posts in here had me worried :ohdear: bless ur poopy lil heart frein

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

whoflungpoop posted:

all the new posts in here had me worried :ohdear: bless ur poopy lil heart frein

Same, every time this thread gains traction I recite a small prayer for the diaper sniper.

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

serial bigamy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Stay safe diaper sniper.

• Locked thread